Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Broke up over ED insecurity!?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Broke up over ED insecurity!?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

I was having ED problems and started daily walking.

Daily wanking would be helpful, too...

There are many things guys can do to help ED.

And the best part is when the ladies help...
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Broke up over ED insecurity!?
Posted: 5/3/2019 1:29:06 AM
Oh, norwegianguy456

(((Hug, hug)))
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2019 9:27:50 AM
"First of all a man doesn't have to be excited by a woman to have sex with her. How else do we explain gay men that fake being straight, have sex with women and father children?"

>>>hadn't thought about it, just assumed they were bisexual. someone who is a "grower" rather than a "show-er" probably does need some excitement in order to get something they can impregnate with, whereas a "show-er" may already come so equipped.

"I was having ED problems and started daily walking."

>>sad to say, too much can affect sensitivity, and cause its own issues, esp. where condoms are a necessity.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2019 2:31:03 PM

First of all a man doesn't have to be excited by a woman to have sex with her.

He has to be excited enough about her to get hard. You throw ED in the mix, taking one for the team and sleeping with the not-good-looking gal who's friends with the cute one is going to be a tougher road to hoe. :)

How else do we explain gay men that fake being straight, have sex with women and father children?

Because Many gay men aren't sexually turned Off by women in the same way a straight guy like myself Is sexually turned off by men. I've known gay guys for a long time -- ymmv. But many aren't turned off by girls -- and they're just as "flaming" as any others. As an ex's gay brother told me -- who was quite "flaming" -- he's had sex with women. He even referred to doing it with a cute clean-cut gal who was into him -- to get his rocks off when he hasn't had any action in a long time. But it isn't his "thing". Kind of like me not being into Indian women (nix models).

But yes, nobody has to be All About the person and have Strong sexual attraction toward them to have sex with them. The act of porking itself can be enough when you're in that mood, and the other person doesn't turn you Off enough to overcum that.

In my opinion you should only being having sex with a person that you're excited about. The catch is that studies show that a man is more likely to experience performance anxiety when he cares. No matter how it "feels" women cannot not take it as rejection.

A guy can also "care" even when he's not so into the gal. He doesn't want to end up whipping out a fake gun, he'll want to whip out the real thing. But yes, if he does have potential ED issues he's concerned about, it's common that he'd rather go thru some trial runs with gals he's not into. When you Are that-into a gal, that'd only compound the pressure.

Both men and women need to learn more about ED and what we can be doing to make things better for each other. Who wants to throw away what could be wonderful because of our pride?

It isn't just pride tho, for the woman. Yes, it's unfortunate that too many gals see it the wrong way -- and think it's them, not him. But others realize that's obviously not the case -- but shoot -- the guy's not doing it for me, sorry. And I can't blame them when it comes to a guy they aren't BF/GF with. The guy needs to resolve it and not let his pride get in the way and get some helper pills (+exercise/diet to help combat it too) -- especially since the helper pills are now generic here in the US, and not as expensive.

I dont agree that most gals at the end of the day are not going to put up with ED issues with guys. I have dated 2 men with ED, one which medication no longer worked and one worried about side effects of medications. While ideally intercourse would have been great, we still had what we considered sex. There are plenty of ways to reach the big O

I have to disagree, although to be fair, I can't say for women nearing 60 or older, due to my lack of sexperience & social sex talk in that age range. I agree with you when it comes to notably older folks at 55+, and you're already a couple, that it isn't as big of a deal as one should think when they were 30-40. But at the end of the day, at least early 20s to mid 40s, it's going to be a deal breaker if the guy has ED and he can't solve it quick, for most women he's not an item with.
 CBGB77
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2019 7:33:36 AM
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/all-about-sex/201703/the-real-sex-lives-men-over-65
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2019 5:54:45 PM

I have to disagree, although to be fair, I can't say for women nearing 60 or older, due to my lack of sexperience & social sex talk in that age range. I agree with you when it comes to notably older folks at 55+, and you're already a couple, that it isn't as big of a deal as one should think when they were 30-40. But at the end of the day, at least early 20s to mid 40s, it's going to be a deal breaker if the guy has ED and he can't solve it quick, for most women he's not an item with.

I am 54, and older I get the more important sex is to me.
 Lindatasy
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2019 9:58:43 PM
Ha, I dated a really fit guys in his early 50s. Very much attracted to each other, but he could not get it up at all. It's not a very good feeling for a woman when that happens, kills your self-esteem, even though I know it didn't have anything to do with me. A few years later I dated a guy also in that age range, who was not in great shape like the ED guy, but he had no problem whatsoever in that regard. In fact, he was a little bit too "ready" lol. So I guess there is no rhyme or reason to tell who of the older guys has that issue.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Broke up over ED insecurity!?