Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How to make fools of ordinary people....through fake news      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 26
view profile
History
How to make fools of ordinary people....through fake newsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
at Joe

We meddled in Russian,first

^ this sounds kind of juvenile (like 2 kids fighting.......Oh, he hit me "first")..............but you could be right!....we did meddle first, but then what was the US supposed to do in the aftermath of the collapse of the USSR?....where you had enormous numbers of nuclear weapons, missiles.....and not knowing who was in charge during the mayhem.............if we had not meddled, then don't you think that all the rogue countries would have tried to get their hands (by bribing officials) on as many nukes as possible ( by N Korea, China, the "stan" countries, Iran...etc)......................Secondly, how could we know that Russia (or some other former USSR state) wasn't going to be taken over by some aggressive dictator (like in N Korea) making threats, etc...................................Imagine if the USA would collapse in the same way, don't you think you would see other countries meddling or interfering?..................if not then you are kidding yourself!

I will tell you that he hates Hillary. He had an issue with Bill when Bill basically made Yeltsin a puppet.

Yes, he hates HC......mainly because he couldn't con her......................as far as Yeltsin goes, he was not a stable man (in comparison to Gorbachev at least)....he had serious alcohol problems............and was easily manipulated...............even Putin did that to him.

It was many of the mistakes Bill made(backed by Hillary probably) that has caused the rift we have with Russia today. I mean the way NATO handled the whole Kosovo/Bosnia thing is basically the breaking point that made a rift bigger between Russian people and Yeltsin.

What happened in Yugoslavia was similar to that in USSR.........all the republics wanted independence, and Serbia would not allow it...........and carrying out atrocities on their Muslims........so what was the West supposed to do?...they sure did not want to invite Russian presence into there and have more polarization............now you say that Russia got upset by how Nato handled it...............I'm not sure what they expected, they had their own serious problems to deal with...............if what you say is right then I believe the real reason is that Putin did not want NATO/ EU expanding closer to its borders (as we now know with Ukraine), rather than Putin making believe that he cared about the former Yugoslav states.

I don't think Russia is as despotic as you think. I have family members who gladly voted for Putin.

I'm not saying he doesn't get votes, or that he is not liked...........I'm just saying that if Putin wants to remain in charge...he will stay in charge, regardless as to how his public votes....and anyone who he sees as a threat, will not be around too long.

Russian politics is very populist orientated. Trust me, Putin doesn't do ANYTHING, that might be unpopular. I would say popularity is even more important there than here. This even includes the leadership.That is reason POLLS are more widespread in Russia. The leadership uses polls for everything.

I believe it...........Putin is no idiot........he has learned from the terrible mistakes made by his USSR predecessors...he realizes that being well liked is the key to his success.............if you are very well liked, you will be better immune to criticism & scrutiny..........and you will be better trusted to do (what his people think is ) the right thing.

You might not believe it but Putin is criticized very often in Russian media.

And you might not believe it.............but Putin allows for this ^ to happen on purpose...........he has to erect a framework where he receives criticism for some things....because that way, the public believes they have some freedom of expression............much of it is staged.

There are still independent regional news papers and Russian interneyt news as well as small radio/tv networks that aren't controlled. The problem is MOST of them are actually more nationalistic than Putin cronies are..........You should read the abuse Putin got for not appropriately backing the fighters in Eastern UA. They were constantly saying "he let them down" and they were even printing that the so called "Moscow backed rebels" (the extent of how much backing they got is even disputed in Russian politics because there was money being funneled from non gov't sources))would march into Moscow for being betrayed and kill Putin. Seriously, if you actually read internal Russian media you would realize the west isn't exactly honest.

This ^ is what I'm talking about...........Putin creates a frame of reference.........he does a certain thing, and then it is juxtaposed to something even more harsh or egregious that he should (or could ) have done..........making him look like a moderate well composed leader......its all part of his strategy to cast himself as a fair guy, who chooses the path of least aggression & violence..........he is a master Psychologist and is a good visionary.

Lets not forget what happen in Chechnia......when he fabricated a fake "terror" attack on ordinary Russians, that gave him the political cover to wage a massive attack (that killed 100's of thousands) on Chechnian civilians.......I have to admit that doing this was a VERY effective measure to totally 100% erase any uprising or anymore attacks by the Chechnians...as I said, Putin is no idiot (like Trump is), and has his finger on the pulse at all times

Believe it or not but the Russian Duma operates very similar to congress. A lot of trade offs for support. In fact I always rolled my eyes when the American media criticized Putin about some law about gays in public(more so because some western countries had similar written rules that weren't enforced) If the Western Media got its facts together, they would have realized that the law was present in many of the provincial provinces(mostly the Muslim centered ones) for decades and that a very old christian conservative women in the Duma proposed the bill be bought before the Duma for Federalization. It was discussed and voted by the Duma, after "traded favors,etc" just like in the west. Putin really didn't have much to do with it at all.

I am not saying that Putin micro-manages every law that gets passed....I'm sure there are many things he doesn't bother with...........as long as he knows he is popular, and well liked.....there will be few issues domestically that will be a threat to him one way or the other.

If the west finally wanted to WIN, they would realize Russian mentality is very different. USA isn't going to win by offering "liberal" ideas. The average Russian is terrified by instability and too much liberal freedoms. Historically, revolutions, including social ones, have hurt the avg Russian and they have learned from history!

I would agree ^............and I would not deny the Russian people of having whatever form of gov't they want for themselves.

As for my possible theory about the so called Russian election tampering, I will only say that if he did it for payback for Hillary then I understand.

As I said on my previous post, I don't have much of problem with Putin wanting to look out for his own country and interests...........My concern is with how this current American leadership has handled this matter.
 justinelle
Msg: 27
view profile
History
How to make fools of ordinary people....through fake news
Posted: 3/31/2019 7:47:46 AM
The whole game everyone play is called the BLAME GAME....It wasn't me it was *************!!!!

The USA meddles, kills, mass murders to influence and gain control of resources, which means sidelining nations and their insignificant populations. If I want to kill anyone its so dam simple……….. they tries to kill me and I got in first….. making sure of course the evidence can support such a conclusion. Obviously say it was not intentional, just trying to survive or any such fabricated lie. When one lies firstly one has to be consistent, so one has to remember clearly what one said so as not to contradict oneself and end up in the Sh**.

So killing someone is almost child’s play, and then one can have his wife, and belongings if one plays it well enough if one wanted to. So a good way to get rid of friends, after a drink or two of course, just to make the incredible seem credible.

When it comes to the corporate lynch mob, they want resources, killing and mass murder are a good investment, as the means always justifies increased profits.

Having deep pockets, influential friends, who also are after a profit killing helps, as one can create the LIE. When one lies one must always repeat it, till it becomes a truth in everyone's mind and even for the liar themselves. Corporations can buy politicians as well as advertising, and mass media patronage, as they rely on the corporate hand out anyway.

So of one want to influence the public, for nuclear war for instance, it must be justified. A first strike option is a must, as one can use it in defence, even if there was no need for it. Media patronage can twist any facts to fit the requirement, so everything is possible, just ask the advertising industry. Next is to create the climate in the minds of the people, the mindless mob. Saturating the same lie continuously every day for years makes everyone think it is the truth.

Trump is a good example as we now all accept he an Putin are lovers, and Russia alone made it possible for him to be president. We know this is a fact, because we have been told it repeatedly for years. As for evidence, well he is president…that is all the proof necessary, as having an idiot as president is what Russia wanted. Someone For the world to laugh at, so the Russia made Trump president it becomes a self fulfilling truth. So lies work!

But lies sometimes are discovered to be lies, as was Russia and Trump. The documentation and investigation has failed to prove Trump is a Russian agent. But the liars are rich, and influential. For rich and influential liars, admitting they are liars is not ever going to happen, and all the evidence must be sidelined, so the media must continue the fictitious lie, come what may.

Who said you cannot fool all the people all of the tome. or rather all of the people that matter?
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2019 11:04:37 AM
^

The documentation and investigation has failed to prove Trump is a Russian agent.

It has???...................the M report itself has not been released (so nothing was disproved), and I doubt that the public will ever see the actual report..........by the way, this is not about whether or not Trump is a Russian agent.......but carry on with your non-sense!
 justinelle
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2019 11:38:48 AM
Some say opinions are far more convincing than facts or evidence, and those that prefer the lynch mob just know who is guilty, its a gut feeling, a bit like religious zealots experience, and like an infectious disease it contaminates the ignorant, the semi ignorant and of course those with divine truth and wisdom, who know they are right.

Regarding Trump, Just if you dare ask yourself one question...Had there been one shred of evidence against Trump do you not think the lynch mob would be intoxicated by their blood lust by now? These vampires are apoplectic at being starved of the promised blood bath, and find there is nothing much to suck on but their own disappointments

The trouble is the Sheriff has dared to tell these bloodthirsty opinionated fools, they got it wrong, and like all religious zealot mobs, they refuse to believe it, it just cannot be true. The thought of their friends, families, and everyone else seeing them as the easily led idiots they are. Being grown up adults such a humiliation is impossible to accept, so the second coming I mean impeachment did not come, but nevertheless the lies and hate must go on as it gives these deluded mites the impetus and meaning their pathetic existence relies on.

I pity the fanatical zealots, they lost the plot a long time ago, but like most drowning rats, found some driftwood to cling onto and after a time re-establish their fanatical credentials. They were re-born through another false god, like those waiting for the second coming, and like most of their previous partners, were not impressed with the first coming never mind the possibility of a second one.
 naistro
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/31/2019 2:28:01 PM
Justinelli, you are simply not capable enough to take on Lefou and I’m pretty sure he will not bother responding to your gibberish in detail because he knows nonsense when he sees it. But I got to tell you, there are more insults in your one post than in all of mine for a month. So why are you still here?
 naistro
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/31/2019 3:04:30 PM
^^^ Adventure Joe, far as I can tell, you never provided facts to support your opinion that Russia did not meddle with the US election. Since our intelligence agencies say it did, and since their budget is astronomical, maybe 80 billion or so, I have to assume they know what they are talking about. Since Trump did win by very slim margins, that means that Russia did impact the election, along with other factors, like how terrible a candidate Hillary was of course.

What is amazing to me is the same people calling Clinton and Obama a traitor don't seem to care that Trump or at least his people, collaborated with the Russians to beat Clinton. Maybe not to a criminal extent that can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, but there was certainly cooperation.

The Russians simply are a people who live in a society where anything goes..they have to be that way to get by, and it infects everyone from the top down. There is no honor among thieves as the saying goes.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2019 3:14:32 PM
^"collaborated with the Russians to beat Clinton."

What evidence do you have?

Does Mueller know you have witheld it?

Oh my! Are YOU working with the Russians?!?!

We do have proof of Hillary collaberating with Russians. Remember the "Pee Pee Dossier"? :)
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2019 4:40:07 PM
I NEVER said that they didn't meddle with the elections as a fact. What I said is that if Putin did so it was an emotional move, payback, to get back at Hillary, whom he thinks tried to meddle in Russian politics years ago. But I certainly don't think he meddled hoping that it would lead to Trump losing.
Proof? NONE EXISTS but a study of Putin shows he is too smart to do so.
The fact that he has clearly stated time and time before that Americans will vote for the candidate he DOESN'T support. Therefore if he wanted Trump to win in REAL, he would act like he supported Hillary. Russians and Putin specifically are chess players, they make moves knowing what the next move will be. A bit of reverse psychology would have worked better IMHO.

That being said, who cares what our intelligence agencies say? You must have missed the fact that the intelligence agencies have been tasked with making Russia an enemy again for years. They can't help themselves. The KGB(not called that anymore) also has there own mission.
That is the thing with clandestine agents, we don't really know what they do , are up to, or get their info. Lying professionally is part of a days good work!

If Putin did do it , or those under his orders then it was a bad chess move IMHO and it was obviously emotional to get back at Clinton. To show her "he has the power to meddle", but he certainly wouldn't expect her to lose after it would come out he was involved and if he was involved, he is smart enough to know it would come out.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2019 4:47:44 PM
^Yeah....Comey...Brennan...and Clapper are about to have a reckoning

Origins of the Fisa requests are key.

You fake news watchers haven't seen nothing, yet. It will be glorious! Lol
 naistro
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/31/2019 5:40:35 PM

You must have missed the fact that the intelligence agencies have been tasked with making Russia an enemy again for years.

I'm not sure what this mean. Obviously the US could never go to war with Russia else sacrifice a huge part of its population to nuclear devastation. On the other hand, it is true when the Soviet Union collapsed, the US rather than building up its war machine even more, could have disbanded Nato, cut its defense budget and sought peace in the world...but the military industrial complex would not go for that, not sure it was the intelligence agencies at fault. I also do not fault intelligence for the war with iraq, I fault lies by the Neocons, looking for excuses to go to war with Iraq.

Whether Putin hated clinton or favored Trump is irrelevant. The result was the same. I assume the intelligence agencies have the proof. Of course, we likely will never see it, but they must be able to do something with an 80 billion budget.

^Yeah....Comey...Brennan...and Clapper are about to have a reckoning

Origins of the Fisa requests are key.

Why are you buying into this nonsensical bill of goods they keep selling you. I know you are smarter than that.
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2019 5:47:35 PM
Just says:

Some say opinions are far more convincing than facts...

So lets get the "facts".........let them show us the full M report.........not just a few statements from an announcer

Had there been one shred of evidence against Trump do you not think the lynch mob would be intoxicated by their blood lust by now?

then why don't they release the M report............if they know there is no evidence.....what is there to hide or redact?

The trouble is the Sheriff has dared to tell these......

There is no "sheriff"..........Barr is just an apt stooge for Trump, that is why he is there......................and this is why your posts are mostly rubbish, in that you fabricate your premises..........and then go on a nonsense tirade.

You can try to fool some of the people here........some of the time...........but you will just end up getting exposed most of the time!
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2019 6:45:47 PM
at Joe

If Putin did do it , or those under his orders then it was a bad chess move IMHO and it was obviously emotional to get back at Clinton. To show her "he has the power to meddle", but he certainly wouldn't expect her to lose after it would come out he was involved and if he was involved, he is smart enough to know it would come out.

It was not a bad chess move.......because his operatives held meetings with Trump's operatives during the pre-election period, we now know that!........Putin also knew that cyber-meddling would not require him to make statements or make a commitment to one candidate or another.....................an anti-clinton ad on facebook was just that...........it didn't have Putin's signature on it...............he didn't have to use reverse psychology here............he just needed to use positive re-enforcement ads with those who liked Trump...and negative re-enforcement with those who preferred HC......................Putin does not leave anything to chance!
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2019 6:55:41 PM
^"because his operatives held meetings with Trump's operatives during the pre-election period,"

WHO let the dogs in? ;) ;)

Gosh....you guys are so dumb! Lol!
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2019 9:49:30 AM
i can believe the russians generally have a cult of personality, thanks to Uncle Joe Stalin creating and nuturing it. Putin doesn't ride shirtless b/c its hot out. I am not so sure how Putin loses by giving HRC a black eye in an election. Murdering journalists, poisoning spies, cozying up to oil companies, hacking powerplants in america is ok, but meddling in an american election makes his audience queasy? and who is his audience, anyway? we can smear american intelligence for what they say, but goodness, Putin is ex-KGB....he's one of those sneaky petes himself. i would be curious to know how someone who is accused of all the other things he is accused of, worries how it may look if there was even a hint of collusion.

"^"collaborated with the Russians to beat Clinton."--What evidence do you have? "

>>>well, chump asking russia to hack a former SOS's emails sure doesn't help matters anyway. tho apparently when you do it openly, its just a lack of political savvy. i'm sure the trumpanzees wouldn't mind if obama had asked the same when chump asked for a birth certificate.
 pastas
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/1/2019 10:00:05 AM

WHO let the dogs in? ;) ;)

Gosh....you guys are so dumb! Lol!

Come on Ms. Million, its pretty clear who the "dumb" ones are and who are intelligent and able to make reasonable inferences from the evidence before us...... Justinelli always speaks gobbledygook. Adventure Joe on the other hand seems pretty intelligent but he is speaking out of his rear-end. No matter how much he thinks he knows about Russia, he has no special insight into how the Russians meddled in our election, nor do you for that matter.

Respectfully...

A T A

(Note, since I will be using at least one new profile a day, I will always sign from this point forward as Ata..to make it easier for my enemies to find and terminate my profile...so I can drive them nuts again by posting here...maybe admin will even try to create a new script to attack me :-)
 FFS38
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2019 12:39:05 PM
Hasn't fake news (or more accurately having enough power to deceive on a grand scale) been going on for years now though, with the Kennedy assassination, the moon landings etc..
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2019 8:33:08 AM
LaFou wrote:
yeah, we do those kinds of things, sure.......but wearing the mantle as "leaders of the free world" and finding out that there are no rules to the "game"........we have just done, that which those around us expected of us to do............when we meddle with a despotic regime, we do it to steer it away from the arms of our opponents.....and to hopefully gain an ally of some sort..............of course, things don't always go as planned.

The Russian meddling has a different ring............we have a despot interfering with a country whose leadership is (supposedly) elected by its citizens............thus making a mockery out of our electoral process....this undermining process is what stings a bit!
But we’ve undermined governments that were “democratically elected,” and also in elections. Not with Russia, that I know of, but many other smaller, more defenseless countries. Central America comes to mind but there are many other examples. And countries on Russia’s border, so Putin SHOULD take exception. Wouldn’t we? I think what you’re saying it it’s wrong, unless it’s the good ol’ USA doing it?

Again, I don't blame our opponents for pursuing their interests.............but rather I blame those among us, who are entrusted with safeguarding our hard fought rights....and are not doing it, for their own nefarious reasons.
I assume you’re referring to Trump/Trumpers/GOP? And Russians hacking emails is one thing, but as far as them placing propaganda into U.S. social media, well, that’s exactly what we deserve, when maximum corporate profits supersede security concerns with Silicon Valley tech giants, thus leaving them open to said propaganda. Too f*g bad, far as I’m concerned. We 100% deserved it.

we do it because......of the exceptional situation we were thrust into in the post war era................once it was established that isolationism didn't work too well............we decided that Globalism was the way to go...some came willingly, others had to be nudged (or dragged in), but everyone in the free world had a seat at the table and ate well; the end result was less fighting and greater prosperity.....those that chose not to play ball, were dealt out.............and hence the cold -war, and you know what that entailed!
I think the “correct” answer as to why globalism is the right way to go….if you want to argue that… is pretty much what you wrote here….that is, it’s an answer to the nationalism that led to the horrors of WWI and WWII. But.

I think I’ve written this before, but I’m not opposed to globalism per se, but when it’s harnessed by big money interests to increase their power and clout globally, used to disenfranchise working classes throughout the Western world because they make too much money….used to devalue those same workers even further by encouraging endless immigration of unskilled drones…and used to destroy local customs/traditions of less developed countries/societies (especially those who sit on oil or other valued land or resources)…etc. etc. etc…I oppose it. Which is the way it is now. Maximum profit is running it. Maximum profit is managing it. Hedge funds and Wall Street reign supreme. So I oppose it!

And the ultimate slap in the face (at least to me) is the “free world” utilizing a Communist/authoritarian system (China, etc.)…what we were SUPPOSED to be fighting in the 50s-70s…. to help destroy those Western middle classes. I mean, what’s wrong with the fact that the West now pursues the slave wage toil of the workers under an authoritarian boot in Vietnam, - the very authoritarian boogeyman we spent 58K lives and untold billions to stop in the 70s? Anyone who doesn’t oppose that just isn’t paying attention. I would just rather it all just fail and start over.

If the spoils of globalization were shared a bit more equitably, even with all its ethical failings, maybe even *I* would look the other way, lol, but that isn’t even occurring. It’s no secret that it’s fueling extreme levels of inequality as the below report shows, which is evidence of vast financial entities pushing globalization. If globalization only enriches the elites, and a few lucky others, I will forever oppose it, and take my chances with going back to more nationally based economies, where the people have more local control. And yes, cell phoes will cost more, but an avalanche of electronic junk just may not be worth what we have now.

From the link below:
At the heart of plutonomy, is income inequality. Societies that are willing to tolerate/endorse income inequality, are willing to tolerate/endorse plutonomy. Earlier, we postulated a number of key tenets for the creation of plutonomy. As a reminder, these were: 1) an ongoing technology/biotechnology revolution, 2) capitalist friendly governments and tax regimes, 3) globalization that re-arranges global supply chains with mobile well-capitalized elites and immigrants,

http://www.sourcewatch.org/images/8/86/CITIGROUP-OCTOBER-16-2005-PLUTONOMY-MEMO.pdf
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 9:19:58 PM
^ at SS45

But we’ve undermined governments that were “democratically elected,” and also in elections.

True, there were instances where that was done....the most notorious was when the US & UK ousted democratically elected Iranian PM Mohammed Mosedeggh in 1951.........and installed the Shah as absolute leader........(you know the rest)....but that was done because of Shifty Winston Churchill hoodwinking newly elected Eisenhower....into thinking that Iran was going to ally itself with the USSR, and jack up the price of oil...........(the real reason was that Iran nationalized its oil industry, kicked out the Brits who were ripping them off...and the UK, weakened by WW2....couldn't take much action).......so the (presumed) reason for undermining that govt was that they wouldn't side with our adversaries................Iran was the exception, but most of the countries who we undermined in south and central America were despotic regimes themselves (not that it justified us doing it)....who were seen as potential "traitors".

Not with Russia, that I know of,

according to Putin, we interfered with Russia greatly

I assume you’re referring to Trump/Trumpers/GOP?

Trump knew Russia had his back!..........It was already ironed out pre-election; there were too many interfaces between Trump's team and that of Russia to deny any connection........US intelligence agencies all came to the same conclusion....only Trump repudiated it.....................and I'm sure he would highly welcome further Russian help, in whatever form it could take

And Russians hacking emails is one thing, but as far as them placing propaganda into U.S. social media, well, that’s exactly what we deserve, when maximum corporate profits supersede security concerns with Silicon Valley tech giants, thus leaving them open to said propaganda. Too f*g bad, far as I’m concerned. We 100% deserved it.

There is no doubt we fell asleep at the "wheel", and likely "deserved it"...............but now we retrospectively know what took place and who did it..................But the question is, (now that we Know what we know)......how do you feel about the guy who benefited from this,...who is not doing anything about it (with the hope of gaining that same outside help in the 2020 election)..........do you still think we "deserve it" if the guy in charge is ushering it to happen again?

Which is the way it is now. Maximum profit is running it. Maximum profit is managing it. Hedge funds and Wall Street reign supreme. So I oppose it!

what you describe is globalism run amok...........but according to the link you posted, this is predominantly in the English speaking industrialized countries....................and the countries who have "opposed" this are mainly the Eurozone nations (regarded as egalitarians); many (if not most) have a Socialistic flavor............which is why I'm baffled as to why you would think Trump is the disrupting savior you were hoping for..........when infact, he is more pro-global that any of his predecessors (gave the top 1% a tax gift......deregulation that helps big industry.....embraces a Wall street operative in Mnunchin.....has Globalists/neocons on his staff)....many of whom are just manipulating him like a show-room dummy...at the same time, making him think he is making the big decisions!

And the ultimate slap in the face (at least to me) is the “free world” utilizing a Communist/authoritarian system (China, etc.)…what we were SUPPOSED to be fighting in the 50s-70s…. to help destroy those Western middle classes.

You could thank Nixon & Kissinger for that one .......the good'ol GOP--->who accuses Bernie Sanders as being a "Commie"............and calls AOC, a vile Socialist out to destroy America.............when in fact, (democratic) Socialism may be the very thing that could put the brakes on run-amok Globalism, and restore the balance

If globalization only enriches the elites, and a few lucky others, I will forever oppose it, and take my chances with going back to more nationally based economies, where the people have more local control.

then you need to better appreciate democratic Socialism.........because (other than a world-wide economic cataclysm) it is very likely the only way to hold in-check, .... out of control Globalism

http://www.sourcewatch.org/images/8/86/CITIGROUP-OCTOBER-16-2005-PLUTONOMY-MEMO.pdf

very interesting article, but I don't think anything will be changing anytime soon.......I guess in the meantime, I'll have to buy stocks in Tech, international finance-emerg markets; etc.....in order to rub elbows with the Globalists.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 9:30:38 PM

the most notorious was when the US & UK ousted democratically elected Iranian PM Mohammed Mosedeggh in 1951.........and installed the Shah as absolute leader.

It is all explained in Stephen Kinzer's book Overthrow: America's Century of Regime Change from Hawaii to Iraq. This book is an excellent read. The book makes the case for the current situation in Venezuela.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 7:41:15 AM
"But we’ve undermined governments that were “democratically elected,” and also in elections."

>>>if you truly want to be disgusted with america, as far as this subject is concerned....begin with the book the Evil that Men Do. yes, it was a movie, but its a fictionized account of the torture experts america does, indeed, send around the world to help form the oppressive secret police, death squads, etc for dictators,but it focuses on south america. or you can check out SOA watch, a look at the school of americas where they were taught counterinsurgency (whcih includes interrogation) in panama. now, if you think trade deals are bad, read Diary Of An Economic Hitman, to find out what happens when the trade deals aren't signed and leaders want to be nationalists. and then check out Niomi Klein's Shock Doctrine, how we take advantage of civil wars and natural disasters to re write laws of other countries to make favorable trade for us, during their times of chaos, by manipulating their legislature. i think there was even a part about new orleans post katrina.

"well, that’s exactly what we deserve, when maximum corporate profits supersede security concerns with Silicon Valley tech giants, thus leaving them open to said propaganda. Too f*g bad, far as I’m concerned. We 100% deserved it."

>>.unfortunately, this self-hating philosophy also excuses 9/11. why do i make such an inflamatory observation? well, if you knew the evil we did in the middle east to keep oil out of the hands of the soviet union (we kept the war going between iran and iraq, sponsored the saudis, Iran's SAVAK, etc), then you'd see 9/11 as an attack not against the Mall of America, but against a Pentagon that creates war, a white house that sponsors covert activities, and a wall street that finances them for gain. it was a targeted strike on the parts of america that are the deep state.

but i don't think anyone here wants to go down that dark a hole. well, there's some freaks who get booted out as soon as they poke up their slimy heads, but beyond that...we still want our pound of flesh. too bad the republicans went to iraq for it, when there was zero proof of collusion.

"I think I’ve written this before, but I’m not opposed to globalism per se, but when it’s harnessed by big money interests to increase their power and clout globally, used to disenfranchise working classes throughout the Western world because they make too much money"

>>>think back in history, and you'll remember the Guilded Age in america, where there was a wide wage gap, and yet...no globalism in the 1890's-1920's. just localized monopolies, factories replacing striking workers with scabs, etc. so, that means....the real problem isn't globalism, its unfettered capitalism. it has to be reined in. but the GOP is no fan of government interference in business.

as for jobs, i'll say it once more once again....automation. some predict 50% of jobs will be done by computer in 2034. others say it will just make us more productive...but it doesn't point out that more product is only good if there's more consumer to purchase it.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How to make fools of ordinary people....through fake news