Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What do you think my ex wants from me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Katy_124
Msg: 25
view profile
History
What do you think my ex wants from me?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Thank you everyone!!

I especially found Penny and Norwegianguy's advice insightful and very helpful. Penny's post had the advantage of making me feel angry about the current situation which spurred me to on to talk to him.

I wrung my hands for days with dread and then decided to tell him how I felt. He replied that he shares my feelings exactly and he wants to develop the relationship and see where it leads us :) I'm glad I spoke up because I felt immediately unburdened by the pain I was carrying around 24/7.
 Katy_124
Msg: 26
view profile
History
What do you think my ex wants from me?
Posted: 4/12/2019 12:58:03 PM
And good luck with your treatment Penny.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2019 2:11:08 PM

decided to tell him how I felt. He replied that he shares my feelings exactly and he wants to develop the relationship and see where it leads us :)

Another SMH moment.

It never ends.
Posted: 4/13/2019 3:01:55 PM

He replied that he shares my feelings exactly and he wants to develop the relationship and see where it leads us :)

As if you haven't already been given a sneak preview?
 spectravision
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2019 3:20:10 PM
If it is even real in the first place...
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2019 7:19:43 PM
pigofyourdreams

lol! Yes. so dinner stretched into midnight at least and no kissing or cuddling?
 dynamicones
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 8:04:14 AM
spect I've been reading your replies and am really impressed, not the usual troll drivel you find in forums :)

as for op's situation, try honest communication, it works wonders
 spectravision
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 9:15:26 AM
^^ It's been known to get me into trouble haha
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 9:56:54 AM

These issues, (including a flare up of depression) meant he would become quite inconsistent with contacting me and making plans. I asked him to change this or we were done. He said he didn't want me to feel neglected and finally offered to be 'friends'.

IMHO....this guy had more than one fish on the line and substituted the one already in the pan for the other which he then put back on the hook to leave dangling in case he didn't like the flavor of his substitute.....lol.

Now you are giving him a 2nd chance while he is probably still trolling for the next bigger and better fish!
 julystorm22
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 10:51:09 AM
You asked him to "change" this? Sigh...that's the nail in the coffin right there. And Shirley is right, his inconsistency denotes that he is inconsistent about his feelings for you. He likes you but not enough to put his best foot forward. Either that, or he is just not in a good place for a relationship and that's not something that can be forced. Walk away rather than exerting your energy for nothing.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What do you think my ex wants from me?