Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Advice needed on a lady I'm talking too      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Advice needed on a lady I'm talking tooPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I don't even know what you guys are arguing about, but I'm learning some british insults and I like it!

About sending out nude pictures....I never feel badly about people who have pictures or videos suddenly go viral or whatever, or they're surprised they end up online. ANYTIME you send someone a picture (especially on mobile devices or posting online) you're opening yourself up for future kudos or embarrassment.

I remember the old polaroids...they were kind of awesome because there was only one copy. They've actually brought that camera and film back so maybe some peoples should think about getting one of those...hahahaha!

I thought everyone had a crush on Mr. Pig...either a bat your eyelashes sort of one or a punch in the nose sort!
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Advice needed on a lady I'm talking too
Posted: 4/22/2019 9:45:33 AM
Tbh I’m 50 something now, my pic sharing days are over.
Hell yes! Anyone who has pics of me please post them anywhere, I’ve none. I was hot back in the day :)

^^^Ive always said I would like plenty money but no fame....too many skeletons....family would crucify me lol
 julystorm22
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2019 10:01:25 AM
Once again I am going to say something that flabbergasts some on here but it is wrong that I secretly like the idea of a guy liking my boobs enough to show them to another guy? Ms. Mikki isn't wrong about me wanting to feel validated by other people because the truth is I do. I want to feel like I can be sexy to someone else. I grew up a tomboy, a girl that was friends with a lot of guys, I played a lot of sports, did a lot of outdoor farmwork, and I know I never dolled up to often, back then I just felt like I didn't need to change to get a guy. Yet I continually watched as my guy friends went out with other girls and I would go to parties and be at school and rarely would a guy even look at me, I felt invisible and I was too shy to ever make the same move.

I worked at a bar after high school (remember, drinking age is 18 where I was) and I was supposed to be cooking in the kitchen but my boss, this scary Ukrainian lady who just intimidated me, put me up at the bar on my second day at work and made me be a bartender. I really wanted to save up money for university and I quickly learned that being up front at the bar I could make really good tips if I changed up some things. I began dressing better because I learned I could get tipped better by showing some cleavage and being a little more flirty. I really came out of my shell that year and I made a lot of money but the thing is, in a way it was all just an act and I was hiding behind my persona as a bartender. The girl that I was at the bar was not the girl I was outside the bar. I still remained incredibly shy around guys while at the same time there was this other person wanting to escape it. In university I went out to clubs a lot with my friends but in 5 years I never went out on a single date, no one ever asked me out albeit two guys who I just had no interest in. I know I was shy around guys and my friends said I was pretty standoffish unless I was drinking so there is possibly that is a reason but I really don't know. I look at pictures of myself back then and I really believe I was pretty. When I went on pof when I was 24, it didn't take me long to find a guy to date but unfortunately things happened and I wasn't in the world of dating too long, just 5 months really before I started seeing the guy I ended up with for 10 years. And now I'm 35 and I'm idiotically showing my cleavage to guys a couple hours away because I'm still wanting guys to see me as a sexual being and I'm too shy to pursue anything with any guy in real life.

There is that guy I was seeing last year who got through my shy shell because we talked from days about our mutual experiences being split from our exes and about our kids and a lot of other things. All our talking made it possible for me to feel comfortable enough to meet him in person and even when we met I still played shy for the first meet, I just couldn't bring myself to be comfortable with it but he made me comfortable and I really grew to like being with him and then he moved away and I was left with this feeling of sadness because I knew how much a rarity it was. I wish I didn't have such a hard time talking to a guy and getting myself out of that shell in real life. And talking to guys online is just something I do because I want to feel wanted by a guy but lack the guts to make myself vulnerable in person. Why am I so scared of guys? What the hell is so wrong with me? In my job I am outgoing and friendly and with kids I am that way too. But with people my own age, it takes a bit. With girls my age, it's not easy but I can do it but with guys it's like I'm so afraid of them.
 FFS38
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2019 10:02:29 AM

I don't even know what you guys are arguing about, but I'm learning some british insults and I like it!

Yes, apologies about that, it wasn't a place for ladies to be a few pages back.
Which is kinda ironic being that the thread is entitled 'advice on a lady I'm talking to' 😂
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2019 10:03:32 AM

and my point is....it doesn't matter if she is interested or not....

I think it does matter If said gal leads the guy on, telling him she's really interesting in meating him when she's not...

she is sending pics intended to sexually entice a complete stranger...

Words or pics, nude or not nude can easily do this, yeah. It's quite the Norm, for better or worse...

so once again...July is exhibiting her normal behavior of needing validation from strangers...

Which is pretty common. As long as said gal (or guy) isn't leading them on that they are to meet up, I don't see anything ethically wrong whatsoever. People do webcam "fun" with strangers all the time; there's sites for that too. It can be a positive thing for some people.

this time it is sexual validation....

To be fair though -- if you're on a dating site talking with someone thru its matchmaking channels -- it's all about sexual intent. A guy looking for girl attention for validation, or vice versa, they're looking for sexual validation -- pics or not. But one can be doing it for validation of their body too for their looks -- the guy showing his pic with his shirt off, or she doing the same.

without even a thought of the negative consequences that could affect the rest of her life...and possibly her childrens.

I respect & understand some people (namely women) who have gone thru some hellish boy-girl situations being physically taken advantage of or threatened -- via strangers or not. And I know it's a sensitive subject where to some, anything at all is horrible to them... But when one's merely anteing up the boy-girl conversations by talking sexy and/or showing some sexy pics, it's blowing it out of proportion that in Any and All situations, it's dangerous. Especially if they live quite far apart with no intent on meeting up, and are just mutually having a little internet fun online which happens non-stop online by guys & gals.

What I would see potentially threatening is:
1) Doing that with a guy who lives in your general area, with you leading him on with faux interest to meet up, and do something stupid like letting him know where you hang out (or holy hell, live). Which is why, just don't lead Anyone on Anyway with faux interest -- sexy pics/talk or not; whether he lives near you or not; it's just wrong for any guy or gal to do anyway.

2) You do have intent on meeting up with the guy and letting him know that, but you Swiftly jump into sexy talk/pics without getting to know him at all. You then run off and meet him -- if you aren't interested in him in-that-way and he's all about you + gotten worked up with them there pics and/or sexy talk -- That's where there's potential disaster. Because said gal's probably not going to follow-thru from that point in such a wise way, either.
Posted: 4/22/2019 1:50:59 PM

I remember the old polaroids...they were kind of awesome because there was only one copy. They've actually brought that camera and film back so maybe some peoples should think about getting one of those...hahahaha!

Oh, boy. I don't know if enough people would be nostalgic enough to want to go through that hassle ever again. Not to mention, the quality is abysmal.

I thought everyone had a crush on Mr. Pig...either a bat your eyelashes sort of one or a punch in the nose sort!

Haha. Yeah, there's not much gray area. So, there's quite a number of people who disappeared while I was away. I haven't seen Henry. Someone please tell me he didn't run off and get married.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2019 1:59:44 PM

What the hell is so wrong with me?

Based on your entire posting history and the information you have provided, you have exhibited poor judgment and poor self-discipline since the age of 24.

There is an old saying...."living well is the best revenge"

At age 24, you were single, with no kids, owned your own house, had a college degree, and endless possibilities in front of you.

I wouldn't consider your lifestyle for the past 11 years as "living well" and "revenge" on that first boyfriend who dumped you.

But, you're not the only person who has followed such a path.

And you won't be the last.
 MsMicki
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2019 5:35:12 PM

I want to feel like I can be sexy to someone else

All women want to feel sexy...
the difference is some of us want that to be for one specific partner....
not random dudes on the internet that we don't know well enough to trust...

and seriously....you constantly throw out the "I'm too shy" crap....
Not too shy to sleep with a guy on the first date that you didn't really like...
Not too shy to have a FB....
Not too shy to send pics of your boobs...
You are not shy.....you are insecure...
and you choose to do things you know you shouldn't do because of your need for validation....

If you would just realize your are a great catch just for being you instead of constantly thinking you aren't good enough to be in a loving relationship....you wouldn't feel the need to do half the things you admit to doing.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2019 7:00:19 AM

So, there's quite a number of people who disappeared while I was away

Blonde Angel got them deleted, then she used the deletions as a reason she's oppressed, claiming her enemies deleted themselves and framed her.

Went back to read earlier posts on this thread after hearing about an alleged flamewar. The fight seemed really short and quite mild, especially compared to Blonde Angel's catfights which last for years. The worst thing I saw BA do in her recent incarnation was stalk people by viewing their posting histories and bring up personal details from other threads, trying to mock people for physical ailments and traumatic things that happened in their lives.

I don't see much of a big deal in a girl enjoying sending topless photos (probably faceless ones) to small numbers of men who live hundreds of miles away in a country where it's legal for women to be topless in public. Let her have her thrills.

As to Henry, he had posted about being on other sites where people are bolder. Maybe he's busy on those sites and thinks POF is too dull.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2019 7:32:57 AM

The fight seemed really short and quite mild, especially compared to Blonde Angel's catfights which last for years.

Some men like cat fights

Oh, boy. I don't know if enough people would be nostalgic enough to want to go through that hassle ever again. Not to mention, the quality is abysmal.

Yes and NO. What I miss is not polaroid,s but the old days when you had film and picked only the best photo's. Today I think most look worst in pics because they actually keep the bad and the good.
 julystorm22
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2019 9:10:58 AM
My daughter wanted one of those new Polaroid cameras for Christmas but they were so expensive, even more than a cellphone which has a good camera, which was her number one want but I think she's too young at 9 for that. I thought maybe it would be better though because it was old-fashioned and she couldn't text people pics in the online world which I have concerns about.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2019 10:07:06 AM
msg#111:julystorm22 wrote<
My daughter wanted one of those new Polaroid cameras for Christmas
I thought maybe it would be better though because it was old-fashioned and she couldn't text people pics in the online world which I have concerns about.

As well you should Missy!

hahahahha
 spectravision
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2019 10:19:51 AM
^^ It had to be said lol
 FFS38
Msg: 114
view profile