Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > She used a gift card to pay for her meal      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Have giftcard, will travel. Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I stopped sending out long messages after I wasn’t getting responses. The last one I mentioned a few things in her profile to show that I read it. Then she asked if I was Spanish. When I said I wasn’t she stopped the conversation. WTF? I have to be Spanish to message you? Why didn’t you say that in your profile?

I think most men would respond to a short message if they liked a woman’s pic. If men were to judge women on both their looks and writing skills, women would get less dates. The cute ones who don’t know how to write would be staying home.

Men don’t judge women so much on her intellectual intelligence and career drive as women judge men. I think what most men are looking for in a woman are nurturing skills, loyalty, empathy. If he had a bad day at work she can make him feel better.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Have giftcard, will travel.
Posted: 4/10/2019 1:38:26 AM

They were not that educated.

My point is, what do you mean by that? I'll get to this in a sec to clarify myself...

Same thing for saying that global warming is a myth. There are some scientists who disagree, but the consensus of 97% of them is that it is happening.

And believing in that has nothing to do with obtaining general education. My dad has a PhD in Theoretical Physics and stupidly believes climate change is a bunch of BS. Does that give him more credence? NO. He's more "educated" than your sister and yourself combined. That's where I'm coming from. Now, he's not At All educated -- about climatology. Is your sister more educated than he in it? Then I can see her saying that. It's about the What + How they were educated, too. One could go to a super liberal school and believe some stuff about society and believe it to be the gospel truth -- when it's WTF. And one can go to a super conservative school studying sociology there and believe it to be true because I was "educated" in it (took classes) and believe it's the gospel truth -- when it's WTF. :)

I'm just rolling my eyes at the classic/flawed context of what I believe your sister meant -- "He doesn't have much general school/college under his belt, therefore he's wrong." And yeah, a guy reading 1 book on whatever certainly doesn't make him educated enough. But you can get someone with a lot of school education not really touching said subject, reading that same book -- it doesn't give them any more credence believing in it, is my point. :)

Really? I somehow missed that you had such extensive dating experience that you could make that observation.

He wasn't referring to dating experience -- but writing + reply/ignore experience.

I must say however that you are very wrong and please give women some credit for at least minimal intelligence. Sarcasm intended. Sorry but that is a really insulting comment. What? Like throw a dog a bone and he goes for it? Please.

I think you meant "Like throw a dog a bone [cute pic], and She goes for it?" I think it's more about when it comes down to whether you even want to talk to someone on a Dating site (it's not a chatroom) -- you need to hit the threshold of Physical Attraction. Otherwise, it doesn't matter what you write to them as a Stranger. It doesn't demean women. It just points out that People aren't going to "bite" to talk with someone on a Dating site, if they seemingly lacking the Required Ingredient.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2019 6:42:20 AM

I don't think it really matters if you write a little or a tonne of stuff. If the woman likes your pic, she'll respond.

Actually , written like that YOU might be wrong and Shirley is correct. Liking your photo is NOT enough for most women and tbh it isn't enough for me either that I like the pic of a gal.
Your assumption is that women get 10 messages and only 1 guy is good looking (top 10%)and they choose that guy but if a women gets dozens of messages it is very likely she has to choose between multiple "good looking" guys. That is where other things come into play. I am a guy so I don't get as many messages as a gal but I didn't write back to 90% of women who wrote me and they were mostly attractive women who I would date based on their photos, but since I was limiting myself to 2 meetings per week,meant I would be forced to ignore many women with good pics.
Now lets look at this from a large city women's perspective. Where I live I know some who claim to get over 100 per day(under 30 will get close to 200 if hot). Therefore if the top 20% are attractive guys a women would date based on photo's that leaves at least 20 messages per day from profiles with good pics. If she takes the weekend off, that is still min. 100 decent guys based on photo's per week. Lets say she is unemployed due to a degree in witchcraft, and will meet only 5 guys per week. That means she still has to pick the top 5% from the group of guys she finds attractive based on pics. Now other things will come into play like profile, messages, name of person, horoscopes,etc.
So NO , a women won't reply to EVERY guy who she likes the pic of.

If Russian women were not independent what were they doing during the entire communist era? Going out and working and then coming home to run a household. A lot of the Russian men have an drinking problem, and the women can not necessarily rely on all of them. Even today women are working in Russia. I’ve had Russian female doctors, so the women must be at least as educated as the men.

Actually the Russian women are often more educated than the men but they are NOT independent. USSR had women had feminism but here is the thing..THEY decided they don't like it ..LOL. The average Eastern Euro women wishes to have a god job and money but wouldn't mind a strong man to do that so they can raise children.They make fun in Russian media about feminists. Ask my wife what a feminist should be and she would say it is a women who is very Feminine.

If you're referring to school education -- certain specifics pertain to this, but usually not. So if she's pointing that out as basis for any rights/wrongs on most things, that's a red flag. It's implying "I'm more right because I took more classes related to this subject back in college."

Yep, having a degree and being educated isn't the only way to be educated. People can actually read books about something and be more knowledgeable than what is learned in school. To pass the tests I used to just read the textbooks, I cut a lot of classes. Going to school was irritating because it was some lib trying to brainwash us by talking about his own views. Sh$t the Frack up , I paid you to learn about the subject matter(Pysch,etc) Not hear your nonsense stories".
I have intelligent friends who make more money NOT being formally educated that have read more on certain subjects than what would be required in a major. I am over educated and my career was in a job that required only 2 yrs of school.
What was your sisters major btw? I know gals that majored in " feminist studies" and " medieval witchcraft" and in Brooklyn "Jewish studies" are popular .

For example, just because you read a book by this “so-and-so” doctor who claims to be right, doesn’t mean you can ignore the fact that 99% of other doctors don’t agree on the matter.

You sure about that? Ever heard of group bias. Let me tell you about a medical field "group bias" that exists today in veterinary medicine. The Dr's who came up with vaccination protocols did so decades ago and pushed the gov'ts to implement them without ANY sound proven science. Today immunologists know much more about how vaccinations work but 99% of vets are still giving regular vaccinations to pets and gov't's require rabies shots 1-3 YRS. In USA we had in 60 yrs only 2 people get rabies from cats but thousand of cats die yearly due to outdated protocols that were pushed to the gov't by greedy vets that back in the day made money solely from vaccines. A few vets spoke out, wrote books but the 99% try to suppress it.

As far as politically incorrect statements by some guys, they were judging the native Indian population when they themselves had an entitled upbringing. These people have been affected by alcoholism, and the loss of their land and culture - the entire problem was caused by European colonialism. I’m sure that it’s the same thing on Indian reservations in the United States as well.

Well BOO HOO.. they should grow the frack up. Adaptation is important for survival. The Euro colonists didn't have a life that was all puppies and kittens either.My grand father could tell you stories how he escaped mobs with pitch forks in the back of a straw wagon.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2019 6:56:40 AM

Same thing for saying that global warming is a myth. There are some scientists who disagree, but the consensus of 97% of them is that it is happening.

Not a myth, but their are scientists as well as historians who just don't think our current period of global warming is that concerning because historically the earth has had other large periods of ether cooling or warming though out history. If I recall either the 100 yr war or 300 yr war was such a period. Man made or not there should be a re balancing.
Also regardless if we have it or not , the main issue is what to do about it. Many of the so liberal countries have a different view than other countries like the US. A lot of the reduction agreements hurt the US too much economically, and the other countries are easy to blame because it doesn't hurt their economies that much. In the end with the rise of the developing countries who can't even be trusted to follow such agreements, the agreements are useless.
In the end what will save the earth's climate will be NECESSITY which is the mother of all inventions. A powerful country with a good economy will be needed, but TRUST me, once it become profitable, their will be positive change. The scientists don't think that way, thus the "sky is falling" analogy.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2019 7:04:37 AM
Typically helping the environment will help the economy. If you don't use air conditioning and you use less heat, you will save money no heating bills, and you'll use less electricity, which will contribute to less global warming, resulting in even less of a "need" to use air conditioning. Just one example, there are others.

The people who claim global warming is a myth tend to believe the story about a virgin giving birth to a man who returned to life after death as a zombie, allowing people who believe in the zombie to be forgiven for all their sins.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2019 7:17:53 AM

Typically helping the environment will help the economy. If you don't use air conditioning and you use less heat, you will save money no heating bills, and you'll use less electricity, which will contribute to less global warming, resulting in even less of a "need" to use air conditioning. Just one example, there are others.

If you live in Florida or NY in the summer there is no amount of of re balance from less global warming that will make humans comfortable that AC would be needed less. If you want to be without AC in the hot summer then be my guess. Studies show people are more productive when comfortable. More practical and comfortable solution would just to make AC's that use less electricity which is what they are doing as we speak.
The industrial revolution certainly didn't help the environment but helped the economies of the world.
Posted: 4/10/2019 7:35:41 AM

Liking your photo is NOT enough for most women

I think you might be overestimating the depth of the online dating experience today. The whole routine of being seduced and persuaded through words over an extended period of time for one to be compelled to come out of their shell and meet someone is passé, for good reason, too.

Enough people have been through negative aspects of this method to where they ditched it. Today, it's no more complicated than "do I find him attractive?, do I like his stats?, has me managed not to say anything stupid?? Ok, let's meet." Anyone who is stubborn enough to still opt for the old school way will most likely find themselves here in the forums pissing and moaning about their lousy luck.
 julystorm22
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2019 7:45:39 AM
I just listened to an interesting interview on talk radio the other day about this. It was with the author of a book called The Polar Bear Catastrophe That Never Happened and it was about how scientists really got things wrong. I'm not saying global warming is a myth but I believe it's not the big deal some scientists make it out to be. There are several climatologists who also share this view. In Canada right now this issue is front and center because the federal govt implemented a ridiculous carbon tax. I support being more environmentally orientated to clean up our air, water and soil BUT the big issue is that it's the big polluters like China and India that need to change the most for a difference to be made.

Feminism is a bad word where I'm from though women's issues are important to many here. For me, it's just important that girls have all the opportunities that men do but there's nothing wrong with following traditional gender roles. Here, because men often work away or work much longer hours, women are the main caretakers of children and the home and I have no problem with that. I did have a problem being both the primary caretaker/homemaker and the primary breadwinner in my relationship. I really resented it. I would be perfectly content to only work part time or be a SAHM and have more time to look after my kids and the house and I do believe a woman should take care of her man if he is out working hard for her. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a man who valued hard work and taking care of his family.
 cooldog65
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2019 7:45:46 AM

If he had a bad day at work she can make him feel better.

Aaaaahhh...Yeaaahhh...
 FFS38
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2019 8:11:00 AM

Now lets look at this from a large city women's perspective.

Why a large woman?
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2019 8:13:05 AM

If men were to judge women on both their looks and writing skills, women would get less dates.

Absolutely true and a given that need not be stated. If guys weren't horny horn dogs that carpet bomb every breathing women it is safe to say that most women would be home with their cats. I love cats so nothing wrong with that though. Unfortunately, the scenario in Anglo-sphere favors women to get guys interested in them(often just wanting sex though). I know some military guys and cops retired in the Philippines, your free to go. You get dates with women half your age that will call you guapo all day just for being over 5"7". Location,location,location!

BTW lets drop your sister. I just made the guess about you being raised by women because to me it was obvious and NG wrote a book about it because he is..well...NG! At least you weren't raised by apes or wolves right?

It is good that she stepped up ,and she sounds like a good loving sister. However, I don't care about that since YOU are the one on a dating forum. If she joined and made a thread I would SCHOOL her and brainwash her to my thinking, but since you are here.....
I just feel that you need to reprogram your thinking. The skill set you got from your sister or observing her isn't conducive for men to succeed with dating IMHO. Men have to be more forgiving/less judgmental.
I assume you know what guapo means?

I think you might be overestimating the depth of the online dating experience today. The whole routine of being seduced and persuaded through words over an extended period of time for one to be compelled to come out of their shell and meet someone is passé, for good reason, too.

Bro I haven't been out of the game that long. I don't think women have changed that much in a few years, plus math never lies. Time you go back read what he said verbatim:

Lets go over the meaning of that sentence he used : Stated as is , he claims that if a women likes a guys photo she will reply. That statement is false. She will NOT reply 100% JUST because she likes his photo UNLESS he is the ONLY one she likes the photo of. But women often get lots of messages from guys who they like the pics of, especially in a large metro area. Orlando for example.

Sure a guy with a unique biker look with a Sons of Anarchy jacket, might stand out but she still might get messages from multiple biker types from the same club, or whatever that she finds attractive. When getting messages from multiple guys with acceptable pics, stats, etc..said women will have to fall back on other things to make the choice as to whom they will meet. It can be something as crazy as off beat joke in profile or number of pets but it will still have to be something.
Also as I always said..location,location,location. Previously you agreed with me on that..perhaps your dating pool has changed in the last few years that you see differences that aren't everywhere?

P.S. I might be out of the game but I still get loads of persistent gals writing me despite it saying that I am taken. This one gal wrote me 5 messages in the last week...proving women will often write men who ignore them. Should I start a thread topic on it? I will start a thread on something. Perhaps you can help me improve?;)
Posted: 4/10/2019 9:12:31 AM

She will NOT reply 100%

I agree there, and I didn't take Kokanee's comment about this literally. I took it as him speaking in a general sense, which I do agree with. Pictures do the vast majority of the work.

Also as I always said..location,location,location. Previously you agreed with me on that

I still do. If someone chooses to rely solely on online dating to meet people, they need to get out of these one-horse hick town shitholes with 4 digit population totals.

When getting messages from multiple guys with acceptable pics, stats, etc..said women will have to fall back on other things to make the choice as to whom they will meet. It can be something as crazy as off beat joke in profile or number of pets but it will still have to be something.

Realistically, more often than not, they will respond to all of them to have a variety of options/backup plans. Putting all of their eggs in one proverbial basket is foolish, and they know it. Now, once a woman goes as far as contacting a guy, the best thing *he* can do is talk about actually meeting in the first series of exchanges, and not try to win her over with a shitload of nonsense. I know a lot of the forums lunatic fringe will say this will make a man look too eager or creep the woman out, but it never happened to me a single time. They value real-world face to face experiences over any other long and drawn out nonsense.

proving women will often write men who ignore them.

Yes, I've had this happen. One, in particular, expressed wanting to get together and smoke pot. I never replied and she proceeded to have a conversation with herself that went on for days until she wrote "you're not interested?", to which I finally replied and confirmed for her.

Sons of Anarchy

For the record, one of my biggest life regrets is the time I wasted watching this steaming pile of shit. Even the worst episode of "The Sopranos" was better than the best this show had to offer.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2019 10:40:49 AM

If the woman likes your pic, she'll respond.

Especially if he looks like he belongs on the cover of GQ and is driving a $1,4 million Ferrari LaFerrari.

please give women some credit for at least minimal intelligence.

I'd like to, but then I get a reply message consisting solely of this, from a 63 year old woman, and I just shake my head:

"I do not know who you are, I do not see you "

Um, of course you don't know who I am, Captain Obvious, we're just strangers on a computer dating site at this point.
 spectravision
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2019 11:20:02 AM

"I do not know who you are, I do not see you "

I think she is pointing out you don't have a pic. I wouldn't be interested in talking to, never mind dating the Invisible Woman.
 julystorm22
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2019 11:22:11 AM
Um, Fullmoonguy, I say the same thing to guys who message me about pics. If I can't see them I don't know them, at least what they look like and to confirm that I don't actually know them.

Pics matter a lot but 5 seconds into the written profile I often veto a guy despite his pic. A pic just gets a girl to look at a guy's profile. So I would say give the pics and written portion equal 50% share of interest. First messages don't honestly matter so much. If you like the profile you will respond to the message. A generic "hi" gets just as much response as a well-thought out message. But if the guy is a meh in looks then the first message might make or break things.
 spectravision
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2019 11:23:45 AM

Anyone who is stubborn enough to still opt for the old school way will most likely find themselves here in the forums pissing and moaning about their lousy luck.

I was out on my lonesome 6 weeks ago on the pull, and it was all the women I didn't message local. I must've seen 20 that looked worse than their pics from here, and had made zero effort with themselves.

I do think what you said about haunting the same pubs is a good idea. That does work.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2019 12:27:55 PM

Well BOO HOO.. they should grow the frack up. Adaptation is important for survival. The Euro colonists didn't have a life that was all puppies and kittens either.My grand father could tell you stories how he escaped mobs with pitch forks in the back of a straw wagon.

Joe, do you celebrate Columbus Day by any chance? A lot of states and cities are now scrapping it in favor of an "indigenous peoples' day." My 8th great grandfather who supported the British escaped revoluntiary soldiers in New York during the American War of Independence. He climbed out the window of a pub and came down the Hudson River then into Canada. I have several ancestors that came on the Mayflower.

Not a myth, but their are scientists as well as historians who just don't think our current period of global warming is that concerning because historically the earth has had other large periods of ether cooling or warming though out history. If I recall either the 100 yr war or 300 yr war was such a period. Man made or not there should be a re balancing.
Also regardless if we have it or not , the main issue is what to do about it. Many of the so liberal countries have a different view than other countries like the US. A lot of the reduction agreements hurt the US too much economically, and the other countries are easy to blame because it doesn't hurt their economies that much. In the end with the rise of the developing countries who can't even be trusted to follow such agreements, the agreements are useless.
In the end what will save the earth's climate will be NECESSITY which is the mother of all inventions. A powerful country with a good economy will be needed, but TRUST me, once it become profitable, their will be positive change. The scientists don't think that way, thus the "sky is falling" analogy.

My degree was in Environmental Studies, but I've always found climate change to be a rather dry topic. I wrote a 50-page thesis on the habitat of an endangered fish. Water quality was my specialty. The water you drink in New York City has probably been through somebody else's kidneys multiple times. Just don't think about that next time you drink your tap water.

it's the big polluters like China and India that need to change the most for a difference to be made.

It's the more developed countries like the United States, Canada, and western Europe that consume a disproportionate amount of the word's resources. Canada actually uses more energy per capita than any other country in the world due to our climate and size.

I assume you know what guapo means?

Guapo means that a guy is a "stud" or a "lady's man" in Spanish.

P.S. I might be out of the game but I still get loads of persistent gals writing me despite it saying that I am taken. This one gal wrote me 5 messages in the last week...proving women will often write men who ignore them. Should I start a thread topic on it? I will start a thread on something. Perhaps you can help me improve?;)

Tell them to grow up and learn how to write longer, more detailed messages, and that you don't care about what their pics look like. These women are not throwing bones to a dog. I don't see why a woman would get so upset at me saying that a woman will judge a man solely on his pic. Men admit they are visual creatures and wouldn't be the least bit offended if you said the same thing about them.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2019 1:15:30 PM

The water you drink in New York City has probably been through somebody else's kidneys multiple times. Just don't think about that next time you drink your tap water.

Dunno about that. NYC actually has some of the most quality (safe) and tasty tap water in the world. The finest restaurants actually import the water and there was a California company that sold it as bottled water.It has been attributed to why the bagels and pizza are best here and baked things. Our water comes from the mountains over 125(give or take) miles away and is safe enough to drink as is but they also use a purifier system that was the most expensive in the world. It is known as the champagne of drinking water. When NYC elites discuss succeeding from the USA, they always worry that the US army will seize our reservoirs since they are on the mainland(city owned property)

Joe, do you celebrate Columbus Day by any chance? A lot of states and cities are now scrapping it in favor of an "indigenous peoples' day." My 8th great grandfather who supported the British escaped revolutionary soldiers in New York during the American War of Independence. He climbed out the window of a pub and came down the Hudson River then into Canada. I have several ancestors that came on the Mayflower.

I am kind of old to "celebrate these types of days" but actually Columbus day isn't going anywhere because here it isn't so much the discovery of America , but it is an Italian celebration. In NY , with the large amount of Italians it is a big day actually. That being said in NY every culture has a day(west Indies, St Patrick,etc). We don't actually have a large Indian (native Amer.) presence except upstate. You should know that in NY we actually paid the Indians for the Island of Manhattan and it was a business transaction. That probably in hindsight was the worst one sided land deal in history. But it might be an urban myth because they thought they were just giving travel rights..SUCKERS!

I don't see why a woman would get so upset at me saying that a woman will judge a man solely on his pic. Men admit they are visual creatures and wouldn't be the least bit offended if you said the same thing about them.

Just another example as to how the genders are different. The thoughts in the brain just aren't the same and sooner you realize that..the sooner you will be in the right direction to finding love. That being said in Shirley's case I assume it was your generalization that includes herself , and she doesn't respond to guys for that reason alone.

As I told you before, drop this "equality stuff", leave it with your sister. If you were raised with more masculine role models I suspect you might feel differently. When you get a gal to fall for you she will be, or can be WHATEVER you want her to be. Women in love will often ,at the same time trying to change the guy, try to please him. In your case that can mean paying half for dates, or even 100% for you. I know plenty of guys who have formed relationships where they take more than they give, so in your case it will be easier to get 50/50 split!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2019 9:24:44 PM

A pic just gets a girl to look at a guy's profile. So I would say give the pics and written portion equal 50% share of interest.

We'd all like to think that, but for most it's pure bunk or at least exaggerated. You're a bit different as most people (gals included) aren't looking for pen-paling prior, which would put more into getting to "know them" prior to wanting to meat. But don't use your mindset as a measuring stick for gals in general, since you are in a more unusual boat.

His "written portion"? It's not by any means an English test. At all. Writing them is more about avoiding saying something dumb or being dumb, to avoid them nixing you as worthy to write to -- when they're sizing ya up. It is very easy for a many many guys to avoid tripping over his own feet in what he writes (although I'm sure there are more than too many who do; probably out of frustration of no-replies).

Now, "writing", in reference to writing about the "stats" about himself to the gal, in response to her inquiries -- OK, that matters on the same level as evaluating a profile -- but that's a different story, different concept. That instead is about "what do you write in an opener to a gal? Does it matter much?"

My answer: It can matter something worth worrying about, if you write something stupid. Other than that, it's basically about your pics + the basics categorical stats in your profile. To optimize your results, don't write a typical canned intro, even though that's fine -- merely an interesting non-every-day question can be better as a whole message. Something a little unique. It'll be more apt to generate a response when they're on the fence evaluating you as Guy #851 (mine as well be a prison # - lol).
Posted: 4/11/2019 4:03:21 AM

We'd all like to think that, but for most it's pure bunk or at least exaggerated.

I wouldn't like to think it, because I know it's not true. It's only true in the stubborn minds of some of the longtime forums dwellers. I care about the rule, not the exceptions. The much-publicized catfish phenomenon changed everything, and for the better, as far as I'm concerned.

His "written portion"? It's not by any means an English test.

Yeah, there used to be a clique of idiots who used to nitpick every detail of profiles in the Profile Reviews section, thinking some of the most insignificant things were "make or break" details.

"OMG! I was totally sold on everything about this guy/girl until I saw his/her unimaginative headline!!"

Sorry, but that ^ is just not going to happen.
 FFS38
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2019 7:00:40 AM

Yes, I've had this happen. One, in particular, expressed wanting to get together and smoke pot. I never replied and she proceeded to have a conversation with herself that went on for days until she wrote "you're not interested?", to which I finally replied and confirmed for her.

So what was the dealbreaker for you ?
The fact she wanted to smoke weed with you, or her profile picture?
 julystorm22
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2019 7:23:37 AM
I thinks guys underestimate how much stock women put in the written profiles. Yes, the pic and stats get a woman to LOOK at a profile but women are nitpicky. Men don't seem to care what it says in the profile. I left my profile pretty close to blank for the longest time and still got messages.
Posted: 4/11/2019 7:51:14 AM

So what was the dealbreaker for you ?
The fact she wanted to smoke weed with you, or her profile picture?

She was a decent looking girl, but she made the fact that she was "420 friendly" a huge part of her POF identity, and I've dealt with way too many of those in my time.

I think guys underestimate how much stock women put in the written profiles.

Right now, I have 14 messages in my mailbox (two of them are forumites, though) despite the fact my profiles says I'm only here for the forums. So, yeah, I can't really subscribe to that notion.
 spectravision
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2019 8:08:22 AM

I left my profile pretty close to blank for the longest time and still got messages.

How many of those messages could you say were from serious Men?

Anyhoo, Their is a lady local here Nurse with Associates degree. Not too bad looking if I say so myself and all she has on her profile is "just ask?? in Headline and as profile text.

If she can't be arsed to do even the simplest of thing like have something on here profile then why should I make an effort or other serious Men?

I was seeing someone back when she first come on from here and she has same account. You can tell by the ID..

Sorry Hun make an effort I say or is this the effort I should expect down the line If I date you.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2019 8:30:37 AM

I left my profile pretty close to blank for the longest time and still got messages.

I believe you. I would write gals with little profile if they were hot simply because most of the women profiles that actually say something are negative.

That being said, you reap what you sow!

All the years of women ignoring men's messages has created the perfect storm where men just carpet bomb and can't even bother to read what a women writes. Every negative action has an opposite negative reaction.

Back in the day before I learned it was just best to receive incoming messages, I would write messages , complete ludicrous one's since it didn't really matter what I said.

I certain % would reply to each message regardless:

";)"
"hi there"

"nice lips"

"do you bite?"

"hiya toot's!"

"If you have no idea why you do what you do, and your therapist has to sort out why your life is such a mess don't reply. By now, you should know how to avoid repeating the same mistakes and bad choices"

"If you're peddling your web-cam site, don't bother. Why would I web-cam with you when I can have the real thing? If you want bootie-pay, get a job at the Men's Club. "

"Your job doesn't matter to me, emotional maturity does. If drama follows you around, contact a talent agency"

I have had several women exclaim, "Your... profile... is soooooooooo long!!"

"That is because I am seeking a woman who LIKES reading..."
"...NOT because I am attempting to compensate for a teeny weenie..."
."..I have also been blessed with a large, thick... thesaurus. :)"
"...You can HOPE, but don't EXPECT to relish it fully on our FIRST date. ;)"
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > She used a gift card to pay for her meal