Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sexless relationships      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FFS38
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Sexless relationshipsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

I've heard of meat suit, but not hair suit.

Gives a whole new meaning to camel hair 😂

Not heard of meat suit before but have heard of beef curtains.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/12/2019 2:02:39 PM
msg#26:

Not heard of meat suit before but have heard of beef curtains.

Never heard of either of the above, but have read that 'skirt steak' is a tasty economical cut of meat~

That's all I got~
 FFS38
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/12/2019 2:32:52 PM

Never heard of either of the above, but have read that 'skirt steak' is a tasty economical cut of meat~

Wow sounds good, not heard of that before, maybe I've been going to the wrong restaurant's 😁
 browneyesboo
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/15/2019 10:13:37 AM
A meatsuit is what you wear over your skeleton, of course....hahahaha!
Another word for naked person, I guess.

I'm going to follow Mr. Spectra all over the forums, read him wrong and
get him into trouble...hahaha!
 FFS38
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/15/2019 7:52:25 PM

get him into trouble...hahaha

Wrong on all three counts I'm afraid.
I think he managed to get himself into trouble without any help from me lol.
 spectravision
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/15/2019 8:09:49 PM

get him into trouble...hahaha!

I can see you sat there boo enjoying an evil laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7edeOEuXdMU

well in that case :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK8mneO8yvU

jessebunnies
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/16/2019 6:06:53 AM

Are sexless relationships a 'thing'?

I don't think many people aspire to have a sexless relationship but they happen for various reasons.

How long is it possible to try and keep a relationship going if there is no sexual engagement?

Depends on your willingness and the ways you deal with it. Many ways are unhealthy that people deal with this such as Open relationships and cheating (these are usual the beginnings of the end). Other people like my friend who dates men in their late 50's that often have ED and the little blue pill doesn't work anymore find other ways to be connected other than sex. Other's decide that this isn't the life they want to lead and leave.

there has been a new baby and still 2 years on the previous relationship has gone because the baby has 'replaced' the father and the father is no longer required in the 'family unit'?

There's all kinds of changes that happen when you have a child. Not only does the family dynamic change but so do the individuals involved. There's depression and of course being a new parent is EXHAUSTING! Also not to be gross but after you have a kiddo for a while you don't want anything else going in there. Not trying to make excuses but more come from a place of understanding. Maybe try talking about and get therapy before calling it quits and/or resorting to an Open Relationship/cheating/leaving
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/16/2019 2:48:13 PM
A relationship is sexless only when one person wants sex and the other person does not. If neither person wants sex, the relationship is sex free. And its more common than people might think.
 FFS38
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/22/2019 9:45:30 AM

A relationship is sexless only when one person wants sex and the other person does not. If neither person wants sex, the relationship is sex free. And its more common than people might think

Which would probably be known as an asexual relationship, which I doubt would be very common, as in both parties being genuinely asexual.
In fact it must be far harder for asexuals to find a partner as most people hope to eventually develop a sexual relationship.
Wonder how that would impact on online dating "looking for somebody who doesn't want sex".
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/22/2019 9:58:33 AM
FFS38, there are other reasons than just asexuality for mutual lack of interest in sex. Age related health problems on the man's side, including low testosterone levels, ED or prostate issues combined with the woman's lack of interest due to age related health problems, including low hormone levels, menopausal dryness causing painful intercourse, excess weight, etc. can also play a role in it.
 FFS38
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/22/2019 10:17:55 AM
@wood_smell_as_sweet
Yes apologies there, I did think you were coming from a different standpoint than I was....but then it got me thinking lol.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/22/2019 10:20:38 AM

A relationship is sexless only when one person wants sex and the other person does not.

It's sexless when there's no sex -- regardless of the reasons behind it.

If neither person wants sex, the relationship is sex free.

... as in sexless, yes. :)

And its more common than people might think.

Yeah, it is unfortunate that it's more common than we assume when interacting with couples. Although there are asexual people who exist, the term on the street is still applied if they're pretty close to being truly (fully) asexual.

If your SO is an asexual person, and you're not -- if their asexuality heeds sexual relations being had in the relationship, get out of the relationship. Getting out of a relationship isn't so easy, and attachment keeps people in -- but one needs to at least realize this Is Not Healthy. You can still be friends and have feelings about each other -- but it's not going to work out in any healthy way.

Wonder how that would impact on online dating "looking for somebody who doesn't want sex".

Looking to be more-than-friends emotionally, but never wanting to physical get past 1st base on a 1st grade scale -- would be a crazy unique situation, and would be silly to assume there's "one for you" in any positive way on Match/POF/OKC/Tinder/Bumble/etc.

FFS38, there are other reasons than just asexuality for mutual lack of interest in sex.

Being asexual = not having an interest in sexual relations. That's what it means. For instance, being homosexual means you are interested in sexual relations with someone of your own gender. Being heterosexual means you're interested in sexual relations with someone of the opposite gender. Being asexual means you have no interest in sexual relations.

But for clarification -- you can be asexual in ability to perform key sexual acts, but still have interest in sexual acts and not be an asexual Person. But until this unfortunate situation ends up making you lack interest in any sexual acts -- you're not an asexual person.

One can do a homosexual act without being a homosexual person -- although that'd probably require a very unique situation (like a suitcase full of 100s). And religious homosexual people do heterosexual acts to fit more into society, all the time. As I'm sure asexual people do too; but they're still asexual.
 julystorm22
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/22/2019 5:39:17 PM
To me, sex is the biggest thing I miss about being in a relationship and someone who did not want to have sex would be a dealbreaker. One guy I was with last year just couldn't keep things erect and though I felt for him I couldn't keep going with him. I would have just been friends with him because he would have been a great friend as we had things in common but I could tell he wanted more from me than friendship so I couldn't friendzone him. His lack of sexual abilities made me lose attraction for him and made me cancel him out as a relationship-candidate. However, if I was maybe 20 years older I don't think it would be a dealbreaker because companionship would be enough maybe. My sex drive is too strong right now. I think about sex constantly these days but I have made a deal with myself not to go out and have quick pof sex till July so I am sticking to it. Almost 4 months down and 2 months to go. I don't know how some women hold off so long from men having sex cause I don't know if I would be capable holding off if a guy I liked was trying to get in my pants.
 dynamicones
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/23/2019 8:07:25 AM
I have a friend, been married 30 years hadn't had sex in 3, I talked with him and gave him some pointers and it did get him laid one night lol but yeah i guess sexless relationships happen, just not with me
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/23/2019 9:20:48 PM

To me, sex is the biggest thing I miss about being in a relationship

You can have sex outside a relationship. But you said your ex was Horrible in bed anyway, soo, do you miss it that much in relation to relationships?

and someone who did not want to have sex would be a dealbreaker.

That's pretty much universal for those in relationship-mode. When one's not looking to have sex, even when being a new couple, they shouldn't be looking to be dating -- outside specific fringe groups that are asexual (if they themselves are) or religious groups against sex-b4-marriage.

One guy I was with last year just couldn't keep things erect and though I felt for him I couldn't keep going with him.

I know the topic's cum up before, but there are solutions to it.

I could tell he wanted more from me than friendship so I couldn't friendzone him. His lack of sexual abilities made me lose attraction for him and made me cancel him out as a relationship-candidate.

Which is why guys freak out about it and wisely don't try to "work it out" with a gal. Gals can say all the PC stuff they want about it, butt in the end -- for most, it hits them emotionally and their feelings/attraction are most likely going to take a hike. That said, guys can find solutions that won't cost them tons of money (buying overseas helper generic pills; or what's now generic here in the US).

However, if I was maybe 20 years older I don't think it would be a dealbreaker because companionship would be enough maybe.

I think more willing to work with it, but, as with that other scenario, I doubt many guys would bank on it being A-OK. My advice to guys who have Mr Happy Problems -- find solutions to resolve to an adequate level first, before hitting the dating scene. Murphy's Law will always get you. "Well, what are the chances she'll want to have sex on this date, tho?"

I think about sex constantly these days but I have made a deal with myself not to go out and have quick pof sex till July so I am sticking to it. Almost 4 months down and 2 months to go.

Then.... look out! ;)
 julystorm22
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/23/2019 10:58:15 PM
My ex was not the best in bed, he was pretty selfish, his aim was to cum and then it was over. However, I did like that sex was always available. We had sex fairly often and there was something just satisfying about having it lots. Compared to now. I hate the idea of just going on pof to get it, as if I'm online shopping on POF like I do for things at Amazon.ca or Walmart.ca. Plus its so damn inconvenient to have sex now because the logistics are difficult. When you live with someone and sleep in the same bed all the time it's much easier.
 FFS38
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/24/2019 8:13:09 AM

My sex drive is too strong right now. I think about sex constantly these days but I have made a deal with myself not to go out and have quick pof sex till July so I am sticking to it.

So is this a reference to your username, there's a storm coming? (in july)

Almost 4 months down and 2 months to go. I don't know how some women hold off so long from men having sex cause I don't know if I would be capable holding off if a guy I liked was trying to get in my pants.

I was under the impression that women could get it anytime they liked, if the desire was there.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/24/2019 6:57:45 PM

I was under the impression that women could get it anytime they liked, if the desire was there.

Single women pretty much can; that's why she was holding herself off (to get off) for several months. :)

My ex was not the best in bed, he was pretty selfish, his aim was to cum and then it was over. However, I did like that sex was always available. We had sex fairly often and there was something just satisfying about having it lots.

Although not the most idea resume about him, I do have to say that's Quite a different story of your assessment than you've posted before about having sex with him. Just sayin'.

I hate the idea of just going on pof to get it, as if I'm online shopping on POF like I do for things at Amazon.ca or Walmart.ca.

Naw, it's more like going to the Dollar Store instead to get below-generic food because you're hungry. ;)

That said, the sites you post -- ".ca". Man, Canada's like a parallel universe with the US. First time I hung out there for a while, I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone - lol. But alas, POF is the same no matter what. ;)

Plus its so damn inconvenient to have sex now because the logistics are difficult.

It's not difficult. You have POF. :) Quality? Okay, sure. But then again, your ex as you described before, was far from quality and you couldn't stand. At least before how you describe it now. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sexless relationships