Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Get it out of your head fool      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Get it out of your head foolPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

I always use the "don't sh#t in your own backyard line" but

... it's quite natural to sh!t in your own backyard, and it's quite natural. I think we tend to focus on the drama that has happened with that, but also forget that dating itself has drama + dating someone from work/school/etc happens A Lot without drama too ("Oh yeah, aunt Sally got porked by uncle Jimbo from their workplace...").

Not to mention, not having the balls to show interest in person and relying on email to exude your boldness does you no favors in giving the impression you have confidence.

I believe fear is what makes one not do that. Many don't understand the difference between organically showing interest when conversing with someone over time -- VS on Day 1, blurting out that they want to go out with them. This is where "game" comes in (context of "having game"). Learning 'game' so-to-speak helps disarms oneself of feeling so much fear. Makes it easier.

I'll take it a step further and say a guy who buys flowers for a woman he hasn't actually dated yet is an idiot, even if the woman has shown interest.

I too don't think that is the pathway for solidifying interest of a gal he's accurately read some interest off of. It's a classic example of Grandma's Advice that Mr Nice Guy believes to be true by what is perpetuated out there... VS what actually works. Even to gals who lean more on Grandma-type advice, while having disdain about guys (in general) in the dating scene.

In the opposite direction, an example would be coming up to gals in public places as a stranger, and blindly talking to them. Some gals express disdain to that notion (with all-too-often sh!tty guys doing it) -- but in reality, it works when the guy executes it comfortably/strategically + she finds him at least reasonably cute.
 FFS38
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Get it out of your head fool
Posted: 5/2/2019 1:11:09 PM

There's an old saying......."Don't s**t where you eat." It makes a lot of sense in her situation.

I always use the "don't sh#t in your own backyard line" but TBH traditionally most people dated someone they new and lived close to.

... it's quite natural to sh!t in your own backyard, and it's quite natural.

This term seems to have a lot of variations, I always knew it as "don't sh*t on your own doorstep", which for obvious reasons is definitely not a good thing to do.
 Coma_White
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2019 9:31:37 PM
If you want to destroy what's left of your self esteem, you came to the right place. You can squash it all on this site for free. Why pay for those other sites?
 SomewhereInTheStratosfere
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/3/2019 6:26:17 AM
OP, you need to forget about it. This woman is a professional. It would be unethical for her to become involved with one of her patients. She could lose her license to practice. There are not a lot of people willing to risk it all for someone they don't know, really, could you blame her? Move on! the best thing about women is, they didn't quit making them. Find one who you don't put in a unethical position.
 julystorm22
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2019 8:11:46 AM
I just can't believe there are guys on here telling him to go for it. NO NO NO
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2019 9:35:04 AM
i personally never found asking a woman out twice to work. do it once, get the no, and move on. maybe attractive people do better playing the game. like Pig-o-rama said, tho, look for a sign of interest first. i know some fellows used to argue "be alpha, move forward, nothing lost" etc, but its better to take it in steps, read the terrain, and then one-and-done.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2019 10:47:05 AM

the best thing about women is, they didn't quit making them.

The quality control department is sleeping on the job.
 SomewhereInTheStratosfere
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/3/2019 12:45:54 PM

The quality control department is sleeping on the job.

LOL I found that really funny. Am I lacking some vitamins or something?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2019 2:17:57 PM

I just can't believe there are guys on here telling him to go for it. NO NO NO

He already did. Kinda. :)

i personally never found asking a woman out twice to work.

Well, it's a 50/50 chance due to a Yes or a No, right? The coin's not going to flip on heads every time! Gotta get tail somehow! ;)

i know some fellows used to argue "be alpha, move forward, nothing lost" etc, but its better to take it in steps, read the terrain, and then one-and-done.

But taking those steps requires going in the Alpha direction, which is why guys heed at it. Common sense & "strategery" plays a role in executing it adequately, at least. But it's the nerve to even take steps at doing it is what heeds most guys. Hence, choosing to go online instead which is easier -- and fills up gals' mailboxes instead. :)
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2019 3:30:45 PM
People in the medical field sometimes do become involved with former patients. If the patient is of consenting age, and sound mind, and is truly a former patient. it's legal and a practitioner will not lose their license.

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/ethics/romantic-or-sexual-relationships-patients
https://www.allphysicianjobs.com/blog/2018/03/22/calling-dr-love-dating-former-patient/
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Get it out of your head fool