Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sugar Daddy relationship all over POF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Sugar Daddy relationship all over POFPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

It’s been said that women are the guardian of the egg.

Considering all the deadbeat dads out there, they need to do a better job of guarding.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Sugar Daddy relationship all over POF
Posted: 5/1/2019 11:51:41 AM
Lol is that the next Marvel film?
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2019 12:40:54 AM
And in honor of the many male gold diggers on POF-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frCr6eq2Vfc&list=RDfrCr6eq2Vfc&start_radio=1&t=33
 Mercedes_Me
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2019 4:07:55 AM
All the blokes want is a piece of arse because they're too tight arse to pay at a bloody brothel.
Posted: 5/5/2019 1:13:37 PM

All the blokes want is a piece of arse because they're too tight arse to pay at a bloody brothel.

eew.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2019 1:40:20 PM

And in honor of the many male gold diggers on POF-

Maybe some guys would like to be gold diggers, but the truth is that it’s much easier for a woman to do this. This is because women place more importance than men on their partner being financially independent. There are a lot of men who would financially support a woman as long as she’s beautiful. Even if a guy is better-looking than average, not many women would be willing to do the same.

Sorry, but women win out over men in the gold-digging contest.
 rnyc
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/6/2019 5:50:27 AM
[] this happens everywhere not just online dating. when you see it don't allow it and move on
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2019 5:56:25 PM
I have seen many women willing to, and who do, support bums/deadbeats.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2019 6:29:53 PM

I have seen

And this is just one reason why you see so many negative opinions of women in these forums, that you find so discouraging.

What kind of self-esteem and self-respect do these "many" women have, that they don't aim higher in life for themselves?

many women willing to, and who do, support bums/deadbeats.

And ANOTHER smh moment.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2019 10:08:53 PM

And just where are these women? When I had to quite my job to look after my dad who had cancer, women avoided me like the plague. Now I work full time, women still won’t give me the time of day.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2019 3:22:54 AM
Everyone's got a hobby!....lol
 dinno76
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2019 12:20:29 PM
If a woman has a lot of money it probably came from her ex husband. If a man is poor it is probably because of his ex wife.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2019 12:58:22 PM

And this is just one reason why you see so many negative opinions of women in these forums, that you find so discouraging.

What kind of self-esteem and self-respect do these "many" women have, that they don't aim higher in life for themselves?

You do make a brilliant point but in women's defense, the vast majority of women who do that do it after falling in love with a guy. As I have said repeatedly, men can get women to do quite a lot if and when they get said women to fall for them or even become infatuated. Men on the other hand will often date and support women without love simply because they are old fashioned and society says it is right to do or at least not wrong to do. It goes along with guys buying women expensive meals and stuff while dating.

That is why I tell Kokaine to be more flexible because once he gets a girl in love with him he can get away with having them pay for him often enough!

The worst is I know some guys who were supported by women who used their child support payments to do so. Meaning the ex husband supporting these deadbeats in reality.
 spectravision
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2019 2:15:07 PM

If a woman has a lot of money it probably came from her ex husband. If a man is poor it is probably because of his ex wife.

Their was a woman I was dating and she was telling me how her mate got maintenance from her ex which was quite a bit as he was in a really well paid job.

She didn't use it on the kids. She used it to go on Holidays with her present boyfriend...
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2019 3:34:26 PM

You do make a brilliant point but in women's defense, the vast majority of women who do that do it after falling in love with a guy. As I have said repeatedly, men can get women to do quite a lot if and when they get said women to fall for them or even become infatuated. Men on the other hand will often date and support women without love simply because they are old fashioned and society says it is right to do or at least not wrong to do. It goes along with guys buying women expensive meals and stuff while dating.

Exactly, women tend to think that the majority of men they don’t know very well are creeps until we prove otherwise. The thing is, a lot of women are in love with creepy guys who take advantage of them and are just to naive to see it. They may reject a hard-working, independent man who splits the bill, but also support a freeloading bum they really care about.
 julystorm22
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2019 9:03:48 PM
I think it is all the deadbeat bums and guys who pump-and-dump that ruin it for the good guys. I will admit, if a guy is unemployed or has a minimum-wage job I run away quickly. When you've been a woman that has supported a deadbeat bum, it is a must that any guy you date must have the means to support himself well.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2019 11:04:22 PM

Exactly, women tend to think that the majority of men they don’t know very well are creeps until we prove otherwise. The thing is, a lot of women are in love with creepy guys who take advantage of them and are just to naive to see it. They may reject a hard-working, independent man who splits the bill, but also support a freeloading bum they really care about.

I find the opposite to be true, in some cases.
I start out giving just about everyone the benefit of the doubt, and am surprised and disappointed when a guy turns out to be a creep in disguise.

I don't think women who put up with bad behavior from men are naive. They know better. They have low self-esteem, or are desperate not to be alone.
 julystorm22
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2019 11:18:20 PM
I think you are like me in that regard, because you try to give men the benefit of the doubt. I give plenty of guys a chance because I figure, what if I miss out on a really good guy if I judge him too quickly? I try not to judge guys on looks but am always disappointed when a guy I decided to give a chance is creepy or awful in character. Something that seems to be common is many of these guys are bitter about women and that bitterness shines through.
 cooldog65
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2019 9:52:55 AM

If they choose them, they have no business bîtching, moaning, and complaining...
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2019 1:21:42 PM
I’ve always aimed for relationships that make me feel really good.
When ‘growing up’ I used to think that my self esteem and confidence must be weak and that’s why I couldn’t ever deal with or date a crappy guy.
Self preservation or something I guess :)
 julystorm22
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2019 1:31:41 PM
I think its not that simple though. Women of all types end up with losers. I could have just as easily ended up with a nice guy had I met one first. Unfortunately, a great guy never materialized.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 FFS38
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2019 1:44:35 PM

Phone numbers please...

Just for educational purposes you understand.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2019 7:53:40 PM

Maybe some guys would like to be gold diggers, but the truth is that it’s much easier for a woman to do this. This is because women place more importance than men on their partner being financially independent. There are a lot of men who would financially support a woman as long as she’s beautiful. Even if a guy is better-looking than average, not many women would be willing to do the same.

Sorry, but women win out over men in the gold-digging contest.

I wasn't aware that we were having a contest, but you're right. The guys' win this one.

I posted here about something I tried, a few years back- having a stay-at-home boyfriend, whom I supported. And he was by no means "beautiful." Here's the link to the thread-

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16546333.aspx

Women win the contest of someone using them because they are very attractive, and not really caring about them as a person, at all.
Decades ago, I had a close friend who was a pin-up type model- she was in the Snap-On Tools Calendar, and other similar things. A lot of men harassed her, and were always hitting on her, stalking her. But very few really cared about her.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2019 8:01:35 PM

I think it is all the deadbeat bums and guys who pump-and-dump that ruin it for the good guys. I will admit, if a guy is unemployed or has a minimum-wage job I run away quickly. When you've been a woman that has supported a deadbeat bum, it is a must that any guy you date must have the means to support himself well.

I wouldn’t equate a guy with a minimum wage job with a deadbeat. I’ve been stuck in a job like that before despite having a university degree. The people doing those jobs may actually be the harder workers because they may have to work 2 jobs to support themselves. In Canada a lot of the people doing the minimum wage jobs are immigrants like Filipinos and South Asians. I think it’s wrong that we bring in people to do the jobs nobody else wants to do. It’s a kind of exploitation.
 julystorm22
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2019 9:11:49 PM
It is and it isn't exploitation. Yes, here too, most of the minimum-wage jobs are held by temporary foreign workers. Many East Indian and Filipino people. But many of them want to come and are glad for the chance to come because they use it as a stepping stone to become permanent residents. I work with many Filipino workers and a lot of them come from very humble surroundings in the Philippines. They live in houses here with around 10 other people so they can split the bills. And eventually they leave minimum-wage jobs for better jobs.

I have no problem with someone working a minimum-wage job temporarily but someone without aspirations for better for themselves doesn't have my respect. I've worked minimum-wage jobs too in the past but I always saw them as temporary. And there are enough jobs out there that pay more if you have your Grade 12 and are willing to work hard. People born before the 1980s, I don't look down on them if they don't have a high school degree because it was fairly common not to graduate at that time. But people who are born in the 1980s or later, if they are working a minimum-wage job because that's the only job they can get, I have to question why they didn't at least go get their GED. POF asks how ambitious someone is on their profile and I think it's an important question. I have dreams for myself and aspirations I want to get to and guys who have a bad job that lack dreams/aspirations of their own are difficult to connect with. I want someone who is at least a little ambitious.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sugar Daddy relationship all over POF