Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > cancelled 2 hrs before the date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spectravision
Msg: 26
view profile
History
cancelled 2 hrs before the datePage 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Only the desperate and needy do that.

This coming from a guy saying that you have to have drink and put up with smokers just so you might some scraps in another thread pmsl. Deary me...
 FFS38
Msg: 27
view profile
History
cancelled 2 hrs before the date
Posted: 4/18/2019 7:31:48 PM

This coming from a guy saying that you have to have drink and put up with smokers just so you might some scraps in another thread pmsl. Deary me

Well hopefully you're p***ing yourself laughing at yourself as you misunderstood me.
Why would I be bothered about smokers being a smoker myself?

I was saying that a few women I've met were non smokers on their profile but during the date proceeded to smoke lol 😁
 spectravision
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 8:13:23 PM
You said:(really hate cross threading but)

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/16749845datingPostpage8.aspx

You're not exactly selling yourself here lol, don't smoke, don't drink..sometimes you have to be prepared to get your hands dirty, particularly if you're looking for someone 'down n dirty'. (you may have to bring your wellies if possible)

What did I misunderstand exactly?

I wonder how many Women or Men find people desperate that are straight about their intentions, thoughts and feeling. I'm curious...
 cooldog65
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 8:18:55 PM
Text, text, text... A phone call would have cleared this up pretty quickly. That would be the best method for me...the direct method.
 FFS38
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 8:27:56 PM

What did I misunderstand exactly?

Everything.
I was referring to YOU not selling yourself lol...you don't smoke, don't drink much etc...

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can
 spectravision
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 8:38:08 PM
^^ If you say so. I will completely ignore you from now on.

Clowns belong in the circus...

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 CroydonGirl
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/18/2019 10:14:11 PM
The thing here is that he let me know that he couldn't make it after i reached out to him to ask him if we could go somewhere else in the area.

What if i didn't text him?

Probably he would have stood me up?
 TomĂĄsIasan
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 10:15:45 PM
What the heck telling someone honestly what your intentions are is now called desperate?

Does that mean dishonesty equals successful?

This is the logic you’re going by who teaches someone that line of thought exactly?

This is your story you seem to some sort of pro at dating, I am just a guy who does what he says, gives them honesty and respect by being truthful with them and clearly my honesty doesn’t work *rolls eyes*
 FFS38
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2019 1:12:19 AM

^^If you say so. I will completely ignore you from now on.

Cool, remember it was you who begun this, I at first ignored your jibe at post 18 but when you continued at post 20 I responded, that's all.
 CroydonGirl
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/19/2019 4:43:26 AM
Can someone answer my question pls
 spectravision
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2019 4:48:36 AM

What if i didn't text him?

Probably he would have stood me up?

I think there is a high possibility, but can't be 100% sure on that.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 SomewhereInTheStratosfere
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/19/2019 4:54:36 AM

Only the desperate and needy do that.

It takes courage to be honest. Some have it, some don't. Those who don't resort to game playing.

Goodness the expectations these days are ridiculous!!

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with having expectations. Anyone with any standards at all have them. This man knew he had a date with this lady and obviously knew he wasn't going to be able to make the date. If he was really going to be too busy(or not) to make the date he should have contacted her immediately! Instead, he waited for her to text him to tell him the restaurant was closed that day, a few hrs before the date. Was he going to contact her [or not) or wait till 5 min before 8? He texted her back then, so texting wasn't an issue.

I'm old, ugly and stinky. Iv'e been on a shit ton of dates though. Experience tells me, he is jerking her chain. Expectations tell me, he's Not treating her very well.
 SomewhereInTheStratosfere
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/19/2019 5:15:04 AM

I think we are giving you answers. maybe not the one you want to hear. Sounds like you so badly want to date this guy that you are willing to overlook any behavior that doesn't fit your narrative. You are questioning his actions. You know deep down what the answer is. I'm willing to bet instead of cutting ties, you will eagerly await his text after holiday. He will continue to disappoint you, you will continue to accept his poor behavior. One day, when you catch him in a out right lie, you may possibly smarten the feck up. You will shake your head, wondering why you wasted so much time on such a loser. Then you will think of this thread, come back here and tell us, how much you wished you would have listened to this old, ugly and stinky woman.
 FFS38
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2019 6:01:39 AM

It takes courage to be honest. Some have it, some don't.

You're taking me out of context, I was referring to the poster who said this...

adults don't play games and get straight to the point about their intentions

Most would agree if you really like somebody you have to keep your emotions in check in the beginning stages so as not come across too keen and perhaps make them back off a little. Now I know some may say that would be the person backing off that was at fault but who knows eh, don't over analyse it, let things take their course.

I suggest you enjoy your holiday for now and see how you feel when you get back.
You sound like you really like him but are unsure if he's just looking for 'fun', have you made it clear to him what it is that YOU are looking for?
 CroydonGirl
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/19/2019 6:07:56 AM
No i made clear i want relationship not fun
As i said above we are strangers at the end of the day and i have been on only one date with him, but the fact is, he only told me after i sent him that text, that he would not make it. This makes it a bit suspicious.
The other fact is, he did apologise many times after that and he did send a follow up text.
I absolutely am not waiting his text and i wont initiate anything either.
I am in fact in contact iwith other guys.
 FFS38
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2019 6:53:03 AM
Unfortunately the answer to your question you'll never know.
All you're left with is wondering would he have let you know he wasn't gonna be able to make it or would he have let you go to all the trouble of getting ready and stood you up.
Leaving it to just under 2 hours before your date is cutting it a bit fine if he was going to let you know (and a bit of an oversight if he was genuinely interested in you) or maybe he was the type that didn't have the courage to cancel?
In that case not worth bothering with, he'll let you down later on down the line, did you ask him if he would have contacted you?
 CroydonGirl
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/19/2019 6:58:06 AM
No i didn't.
My bet would be that he was on another date already and forgot about our date as he was having a good time probably.
Till i hit him up so he then realised.
I can't explain it otherwise.
That, or he aint even single.
Being stuck at work doesn't seem to cut it really the more i think about it
 FFS38
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2019 7:04:46 AM

No i didn't.
My bet would be that he was on another date already and forgot about our date as he was having a good time probably.

Yeah, best not to build a relationship on a red flag.
 CroydonGirl
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/19/2019 7:08:01 AM
I mean it would be genuine if he initiated the text and said look im not gonna make it.

No doubt about that.

But since he only told me this after i sent him this text, makes it sound an excuse.

Btw being on another date is absolutely fine. As i said ee are strangers.
 FFS38
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2019 7:17:42 AM

I mean it would be genuine if he initiated the text and said look im not gonna make it.

No doubt about that.

But since he only told me this after i sent him this text, makes it sound an excuse.

Btw being on another date is absolutely fine. As i said ee are strangers

Absolutely, with you there on that one.

It's a shame you've been stung as it sounds like you really liked him
 jessebunnies
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2019 7:22:51 AM

No i didn't.

It really doesn't matter you're both single and you're just guessing! It's rude yes but he's showing you signs that he's not very interested.

When a guy is interested you'll know without a shadow of doubt. If you're asking questions (what are we, how does he feel about me ect, what is he up to, why isn't he making dates, where's my good morning text), not to be cliche but he's not that into you. Men make it known through actions and words when they're into someone. He'd be texting you, making plans to see you if he was interested. He wouldn't let you go days without hearing from him.
Posted: 4/19/2019 7:28:20 AM

Most would agree if you really like somebody you have to keep your emotions in check in the beginning stages so as not come across too keen and perhaps make them back off a little.

Correct. So many men out there today have a tendency to smother the f*ck out of any woman they meet with the endless texting crap, and it's not because they necessarily *want* to, but because they feel they have to, or else she'll forget about them. A lot of women may even give off the impression they want the excessive texting, but the truth is, it's a test. They're engaging in it to see whether the guy actually has a LIFE outside of her or not. The worst thing a man can do is send the message of "baby, you're all I've got."

I'm not saying don't show interest. I'm saying don't show TOO MUCH interest.

Oh, and whether anyone likes it or not, dating is a game. I'm sorry if this shits on any Disney-like fantasies one may possess, but it's true. There are right moves, wrong moves, and tests. Always. However, it's always up to the individual to decide what "rules" they're willing to adhere to.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2019 7:34:14 AM

Oh, and whether anyone likes it or not, dating is a game. I'm sorry if this shits on any Disney-like fantasies one may possess, but it's true. There are right moves, wrong moves, and tests. Always. However, it's always up to the individual to decide what "rules" they're willing to adhere to.

That is what it is. You either play it to win or to lose. I prefer the former. Often it is a game of attrition. Hate the game not the player!

A lot of women may even give off the impression they want the excessive texting, but the truth is, it's a test.

sh4t tests! Almost everything they do in the beginning is. Who pays the bill is one of them.
 CroydonGirl
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/19/2019 7:40:49 AM
Well i guess my point here is that we dont know each others lives really when we meet online.
The guy texted a lot except for this incident on Wednesday.
Who knows what might have happened. I dont know his life really tbh.
Therefore i will continue with my life and if he hits me up again i will see.
Posted: 4/19/2019 7:42:09 AM

That is what it is. You either play it to win or to lose. I prefer the former. Often it is a game of attrition. Hate the game not the player!

Correct, but brace yourself, Joey, you know the naysayers are coming. But here we are looking at the proverbial proof in the pudding - this guy has obviously *not* shown *too much* interest in the OP, and here she is *still* interested. Frustrated, a little angry, and contemplating what to do, but STILL interested.

I rest my case.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > cancelled 2 hrs before the date