Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > cancelled 2 hrs before the date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 201
view profile
History
cancelled 2 hrs before the datePage 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

So we talked a bit Saturday after the date and Sunday, saying how we want to explore each other.

Monday passes and no word.

Okay, so? Do you have to be talking Every Day? All you did was kiss and been on a few dates. This part is nothing to worry about.

i send a good morning text, with kisses, no reply and no word till today.

Which was the next day, and yes, it was a good morning text, not a good night text out of the blue. 24 hours to respond to a sweet out-of-the-blue text -- when they've already shown questionable periods of interest, is not good. Fine if they missed your text and acknowledged that they missed it with apologies -- but it should be a pretty uncommon occurrence.

Shall i leave this alone? I dont really do multiple dating, i find that the concept does not work for me

You should do multiple dating. Don't zero-in on just 1 guy because you went on a couple dates with and merely kissed. If we want to have physical distance so as not to jump into things so quick -- that's fine. But we can't ask the other to be exclusive, either. We can't have it both ways. Even for ourselves. It's best to keep our options open when we want physical distance from the other. IMO, common sense. It helps us Not Care So Much, when we're dealing with someone who's hot/cold about us, too. Situations like this are less dramatic, and we don't pine over them. That's "what works" when playing "zone", not "man-to-man" (NBA analogy).

But at THIS point, yes, it's pretty hard to do when you're not used to doing it.

so i would prefer just write off someone, before moving on to explore other options.

You bring it up to him. Why haven't you? "Hey, I know you do like me... and I'm not trying to be clingy, but, sometimes when I text, I don't hear back from you for 24 hours. I'm kinda thinking we should go our separate ways."

As Joe pointed out, he'll be at attention when that's said. If he reacts with a "whatever" attitude in defense of himself, just don't respond. He'll reply again and chase you. But at that point, he's playing games (but far from a 'player') -- so it's not worth it. If he is at attention and apologizes and chases you for a bit -- just strive to make things clear. "Look, I'm not expecting you to reply to texts or answer a call within 5 minutes anytime I send something. I'm not a clinger! lol I just want to see someone where responding within hours at least, isn't a chore. If I or anyone else gets that feeling after bringing it up, at this point, we should just walk, ya know?"

So since he's failed to be responsive on your last thing -- it's less of a Question, but just pointing it out to him that you Are walking.
cancelled 2 hrs before the date
Posted: 5/12/2019 5:16:01 AM

i send a good morning text, with kisses, no reply and no word till today.

Welcome to the game of dating. I just played a round of the game this week, myself, and I'm going to tell you how to handle things.

I had a woman I hadn't heard from in 4 years contact me last week out of the blue. She asked me why things never progressed with her and I. I told her I had no idea. We went out once, planned to see each other again, but it never happened. I don't even remember why we drifted apart, actually.

Anyway, we met up last Tuesday at an open jam at a bar, and everything went great. I mentioned a club in town that she had never been to and she told me she wanted me to take her there the upcoming Saturday. (last night) She sent me a few texts throughout the week letting me know how exicted she was about us going to this club. Saturday morning, I got a text from her saying she had decided to go somewhere else. I gave her a "thumbs up" emoticon as a response. I wasn't about to get bent out of shape over it.

When she got home a little after 3am, she sent another text that said "wtf kind of response was that??", then asked why I didn't show up at the place she decided to go. (gee, could it have been because the dumbshit didn't mention a word about ME going there?)

How I am handling it - she won't hear from me again. You should try doing this when people f*ck with you.
 MsMicki
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2019 7:04:36 AM

How I am handling it - she won't hear from me again. You should try doing this when people f*ck with you.

You mean use common sense?? HA!
 ssm508
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2019 8:00:09 AM

Dunno whats going on, but I texted him today, he seemed disengaged in conversation and io asked him for a beer next week and hasnt answered.

I know the poster deleted her profile. But I think it depends on the timing. Lack of immediate response doesn't necessarily mean someone is not interested. A person may not have seen the text right away or maybe that person had cell phone problems.

Sometimes in that situation, I may send another text a few days later. If someone doesn't respond to 2 consecutive texts / emails / calls, then most likely they are not interested. I have been in both sides of situation. With someone responding to my second text claiming they never got the first text or they apologized for not responding sooner.
Posted: 5/15/2019 8:28:16 AM

You mean use common sense?? HA!

Indeed. What a novel concept, eh?

Lack of immediate response doesn't necessarily mean someone is not interested. A person may not have seen the text right away or maybe that person had cell phone problems.

Exactly. 90% of my problems with women are related to this issue. Yeah, it's just SO difficult to imagine I don't have my phone shoved up my ass 24/7 just WAITING for texts.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2019 10:02:05 AM
TPOYDIH, did you ever hear back again from the woman who was playing games with you ???
 julystorm22
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2019 10:18:30 AM
The texting thing has been a big source of insecurity for me in situations. I'm fine with not getting texted back for 10 hours but a whole 24 hours completely unravels me. Because I know damn well that guys my age look at their phone often and are probably pointedly not texting me back. Either they are playing games with me or they aren't into me enough to want to text back. Some guys just want to string you along or they don't have the heart to reject you.

I am not someone who typically carries my phone with me constantly. When I'm with my kids I hide it in a corner of the house (where the kids won't find it) and then when I leave or need it for something I can't remember where I put it. But when I'm not with my kids or not with all of them, I keep it on me just in case something comes up with them. If I'm in communicado with a guy I tend to text him back in the late evening or the morning. I will only initiate texting 50% of the time. But if I really like a guy I text him back fairly quickly, I try to vary it between immediate responses and 3 hours just to not appear too eager. But if I'm not into a guy, I try to wait longer and longer to text back and I give minimal answers in hopes that he will get fed up with me or get the hint and move on.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > cancelled 2 hrs before the date