Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Find the perfect woman and she's blocked 60 and over!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Perfection is overrated. Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
OP...You've been filtered out, not blocked. There is a difference.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Find the perfect woman and she's blocked 60 and over!
Posted: 4/28/2019 3:31:31 AM
She prefers younger, more virile men. So what? Older men tend to filter out (and downright ignore) women their own age, for the same exciting fun they want from a younger women.

Find somebody else.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2019 8:51:57 AM
Forget about her. Maybe you can repurpose your perfect opening message for someone who accepts messages from people your age.

The main time it's a waste for us to write a message that can't get delivered is when they only accept messages from upgraded users, because that doesn't show. Another reason not to waste time or energy writing long first messages.

She probably will never update her age email restrictions as she ages. That's one reason people on here seem to pursue unrealisticly young people without considering people near their own age. In addition to the delusional cradle robbers who seek someone much younger from the beginning, there are people who have been here "forever". A woman who joins at age 46 and chooses 40 to 50 seems reasonable. Ten years later, she's 56 and hasn't updated her restrictions, and the 40 to 50 makes her sound dirty and closed minded towards men nearest her age.

I have noticed new attention (from real people, not spam bots) shows up in waves, and typically from older people, when you have a birthday. A logical explanation is when you have a birthday, you're new to people who have your new age as their lowest limit. It was my birthday this week and my match queue on Bumble exploded. POF's various "match" selections such as the 7 thumbnails above a profile or the "my matches", "will respond", are probably showing women I haven't seen, all who have my new age as their lower limit. The biggest increase was when I turned 45, apparently a popular age to have as a lower limit (also an upper limit, and because the ages are inclusive, a 45 year old has one of the biggest pools of people who don't block your age!)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2019 9:04:56 PM
Girls as you say, who are really women at that age, as flowersinthelake said....... if they have it going on can afford to be choosy and go for the younger hotter just like men do...and this "just a number' is a load of crock. We all know that someone says 60 they are more than likely 65....
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2019 10:27:15 AM

if they have it going on can afford to be choosy and go for the younger hotter just like men do.

They don't actually have to have anything going on except a XX chromosome because of the inequality of dating which is mostly due to the aggressive desperation of thirsty men. Men have created a disadvantage for themselves in the love arena which is curious considering men tend to have good strategies in life pertaining to making money, work, education, etc.
That being said, what makes it a fact that a guy younger is hotter? Or women for that matter. I see plenty of women "hot" who are more attractive than the younger plain Jane's, and when young "hot " men write older women , in the vast majority of cases it is because they think they are easy to conquer for a sexual relationship. Ironic when you consider most women claim to be turned off by men seeking just sex, but apparently they have no problem when it is with a younger guy, who obviously wants sex. Hypocrites indeed. Men want younger women not just for sex but for reproduction historically and it is bit of a trophy thing since in our society men value youth in women. But that doesn't mean they are more attractive than older women. I prefer the sexually experienced than the innocent virgin.
At the end of the day men still have the universal advantage to attract younger women simply for the fact that the majority of the worlds women still want a guy not to be less in age then themselves and think a man becomes more attractive as they age or distinguished even. Eastern Europeans for example generally won't date a guy who isn't older than she herself is. We see that with Greeks and Italians as well. So win the battle but a smart guy will win the WAR! muhahaha..just kidding

And yes age is just a number because MOST people get attracted to others before they know someones age. Real life doesn't generally have such structured artificial reference ranges that we see with OLD. I made the example I had at the bank a few weeks ago. Some teller who was 26 yr old at best would date me in a second. She flirts so shamelessly with me she can get in trouble and if it was OLD I might never get the opportunity because of artificial reference ranges. Lets not mix up lalaland(OLD) with life.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2019 10:38:02 AM

And yes age is just a number because MOST people get attracted to others before they know someones age.

You can say this all you want.
But, age is NOT just a number when you get to be 70, 80, 90.
MOST people notice when someone is 70, 80 or 90.
It's a whole different ball game when you're out of your 40's and 50's and start
getting in your 60's etc.

I know you have an 80 year old uncle or whatever that is wicked hot and women fall
all over him, but he probably looks 80 acts 40 and oozes charm. There's a big difference
between being and acting....he's still 80.

When you're between 20 and 50...age is just a number.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2019 10:58:41 AM

know you have an 80 year old uncle or whatever that is wicked hot and women fall
all over him, but he probably looks 80 acts 40 and oozes charm. There's a big difference
between being and acting....he's still 80.

Actually he acts mature, my father. He LOOKS younger. In good shape and youthful looking. Considering 70% of the population is overweight , including men, he beats out 70% right off the bat since that isn't appealing to most women. Sure he isn't going to look 40 but he will be easier on the eyes than many in that age group. In real life that is an advantage. In any case , although you made valid good points , it doesn't change the FACT you quoted me saying. In real life people get attracted to others without EVER knowing their true age. So it is still LOOKS not age that decides and there are women in their 40's, as well as 30's who are seeking younger men. It is just a preference.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2019 11:13:49 AM

So it is still LOOKS not age that decides and there are women in their 40's, as well as 30's who are seeking younger men. It is just a preference.

Yes I know this.
I said it's different when you're in your 60's and up.
You keep using young people as examples to make your point, which I agree with.
 CBGB77
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2019 7:54:05 AM
My mom is 91 and her boyfriend is 81.My sister 71 and her boyfriend is 31.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2019 3:04:16 AM

The only time I hear age is only a number is from older people seeking younger.

Really?

I've heard that several times from guys in their 20s and 30s on another site whom have messaged me.

I usually respond with something like "Why are you writing to me? I'm old enough to be your mother. Now go to your room!" Lol.
 rnyc
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/12/2019 8:44:47 PM
Send a message to a women that was 3 years older than me her reply, sorry you too old. I responded back good luck you really going to need it.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2019 11:37:20 PM

My sister 71 and her boyfriend is 31.

Is this really true? Seriously?

I'd love to know the back-story.

When I am messaged by really young guys, depending on their tone/profile, I will block them, or respond back with a joke, and wish them luck.

When I get a message from an appealing much-younger guy, would you advise that I actually give them a chance?
Posted: 5/13/2019 2:32:01 AM
If one wants to try giving someone who's separated by a generation or more a chance just for the fun of it, more power to them, but anyone who expects longevity out of them is a fool.

I know reality isn't popular in these parts, but relationships with massive age gaps aren't typically based solely on genuine love. There's always something a bit more to the story.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2019 7:46:26 AM

Send a message to a women that was 3 years older than me her reply, sorry you too old. I responded back good luck you really going to need it.

Lots of men that are younger than me are too old for me.
Sometimes thats how it works out.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2019 10:41:43 AM

My sister 71 and her boyfriend is 31.

Are their names Harold and Maude?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Find the perfect woman and she's blocked 60 and over!