Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Second chance rip      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PennyAnte
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Second chance ripPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
"Unless there is potential for a future chance there is absolutely no point of wasting time resolving past issues with someone."

I disagree. A person my want to resolve a past issue to find the freedom of forgiveness. Making amends to another person you may
have hurt is good for the soul. It can bring relief from guilty feelings and shame. It doesn't mean that person wants to be in your life
again it just means they are seeking forgiveness and closure. This woman may have simply wanted that. I am sorry but I don't think
she wants you too.

I think it is time for you to move on or stay single for awhile and work on yourself. The rejection of a woman you had only known
for a few months shouldn't be so dramatic. Rejection is part of dating. Learn how to accept it gracefully and like a grown man.
You made mistakes with this lady, do not dwell on them, learn from them.
 Moto667
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Second chance rip
Posted: 5/10/2019 9:38:36 PM

I disagree. A person my want to resolve a past issue to find the freedom of forgiveness. Making amends to another person you may
have hurt is good for the soul. It can bring relief from guilty feelings and shame. It doesn't mean that person wants to be in your life
again it just means they are seeking forgiveness and closure.

First, forgiveness and closure are choices made by one person and require no involvement from anyone else. There is no point of making amends with someone unless it is for the benefit of some future chance. Here's is a website on making amends, it agrees with what I said. You and norweignaguy456 are flat wrong:

When you're responsible for hurting someone, it's not always easy to make amends. Putting yourself out on a limb to apologize is daunting, but it'll be worth it when your relationship is restored. https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Amends

This woman may have simply wanted that. I am sorry but I don't think
she wants you too.

Yet she continues to talk to and open up to me. Let me guess she is being nice?

I think it is time for you to move on or stay single for awhile and work on yourself. The rejection of a woman you had only known
for a few months shouldn't be so dramatic.
You think? Right the same person who was wrong about the very basics like making amends, forgiveness and closure is somehow offering advice on a more complicated subject. Yeah I'll pass. So dramatic? Sure, be completely unsympathetic to the issue I've shared.

Rejection is part of dating. Learn how to accept it gracefully and like a grown man.
You made mistakes with this lady, do not dwell on them, learn from them.

Learn to read the thread. Rejection as a part of dating is not what I described. I made mistakes? Sure, I admitted that. Yet you act like I'm wholly responsible. There is nothing to learn when people interfered in a relationship. I hope you never have to learn that first hand.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Second chance rip
Posted: 5/11/2019 11:21:36 AM

What would do you expect her to do just dump her boyfriend to be with a me, a guy she had a bad breakup with? Get real.

Exactly. And no, I'm not saying the opposite of what you say just to argue. I'm just being real. And it's not wasting time if things are unresolved, to talk to the person we dumped. And it's not an indicator they want to get back when there was some bad blood. I'm just saying -- hope all ya want, but don't take it as her wanting to be with you. Those things happen. It's to resolve some angst, etc. Even if she were single, don't take it that way.

It's going to take More than merely willing to talk about the past to help resolve some bad blood that's been an issue, for true signs to be there that they may be willing to be back with you.
 Moto667
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Second chance rip
Posted: 5/13/2019 3:18:51 PM

Exactly. And no, I'm not saying the opposite of what you say just to argue. I'm just being real. And it's not wasting time if things are unresolved, to talk to the person we dumped. And it's not an indicator they want to get back when there was some bad blood. I'm just saying -- hope all ya want, but don't take it as her wanting to be with you. Those things happen. It's to resolve some angst, etc. Even if she were single, don't take it that way.

It's going to take More than merely willing to talk about the past to help resolve some bad blood that's been an issue, for true signs to be there that they may be willing to be back with you.

You are absolutely wrong. Look at the above post and the link I cited. The purpose of resolving issues/make amends is to restore the relationship.

She wanted to meet up to talk. I declined because she still blames me for situations I had no involvement with. Some things can't be fixed.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Second chance rip