Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 carribeanking7
Msg: 61
Do guys take kindly to a women hitting on them?Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I donno...when she writes her number on a piece of paper and stuffs it in your back pocket is a mild hit or a strong one......its relative I suppose......................
someone who teaches sunday school.........versus someone who works as a DJ at a hot club
will perceive it differently..........
 carribeanking7
Msg: 64
Do guys take kindly to a women hitting on them?
Posted: 8/15/2005 1:59:25 AM
@stool

youre hilarious......................read your last 25 posts.....about all them ladies stalking you....
even if you have a pic up sometimes....

your profile is a 1 liner........"Yukon...dont you love the yukon" first date :coffee tea or me...
youre currently on zero members favorites list........

like to give ya the benefit of the doubt but I think Bucsgirl may be right.........

why do I smell rotting fish
 carribeanking7
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/15/2005 2:13:02 AM
Thus the " Im desperate..please pity me post" on the "what do you attract thread"

sctrrdr69
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2005 7:52:17 AM
soundss to me like you should be enjoying the attention, seems like the only kind you're likely to get
 79dude
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/15/2005 8:01:02 AM
unless they're gay
 sddude
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/15/2005 12:30:48 PM
I would be amased , flattered , pleased , incredibly estatic to be hit on by a women for once , I would even let them grope me in public if that was the deal ... woooowooo!

Too bad that is in only in my fatasy world , yes asking women to dance , hit on them in bars is alot of work sometimes not enjoyeable , it is alot of work to combat loneliness , the best alot of guys can do is have a conversation with a girl never to see her again because of the fake phone number given .
 bucsgirl
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/15/2005 2:32:37 PM
sctrrdr Smart man, I'd be willing to bet on that myself!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/15/2005 8:17:57 PM
For some reason i'm having the urge to flush!! Don't know why.
OT: Guys love for women to hit on them. Of course they do, they just have to learn that they still have to behave properly. I hate it when I hit on someone and they think they got an easy lay!! Please, guys if you act like that, then don't plan on having many women hit on you. Most don't, most are very surprised and grateful.
 sctrrdr69
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2005 7:02:49 AM
I have it happen all the time, but as bucsgirl says, wether it continuess or not depends on how we handle it.
 way2much
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/16/2005 7:56:14 PM
Yes they do and I wish they would do it more often. I refuse to hit on girls at the bar or anywhere else for that matter. They get it all day from desperate guys(sorry not all you guys) but hey, its time you ladies got off your butts and approached a guy your interested in and say hello. Even on this site, take a good look, most of the ladies with nice pics have between 50 and 120 guys that have them on there favourites list, yet how many guys on here have more than 10(Im sure there are some studs on here with more) but honestly ladies, you wonder why you meet the same jerks all the time, its because you fall for the lines from these guys, some guys will use that line on 100 girls and you might be the one that takes the bait. So ladies I think its time that you actually made an effort instead of sitting back and waiting for mister wrong to say hello, and go out and find mister right. I know im a decent guy and not bad looking either, and I can honestly say ive only been approached by a ladie in a bar no more than 3 times. You girls dont know what your missing out on, some guys want a girl who is a little aggresive and knows what she wants. It says alot about your character. Hope you take this advice and go out there and chase some men for a change.
 catman40
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/5/2005 4:50:30 AM
I heard this on a gameshow " how many men say they like the woman to hit on them . " 1 person said 70 another said it was lower . the anwser when we come back . Dang it . it was 89% . 89% of the men like a woman hit on them . this one will shock you . 90% of the men said , they would prefer the woman make the first move in and out of the bed room .
 JWA
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/5/2005 5:15:16 AM
^^^^ Guys who say this sort of thing tend to be insecure or intimidated by a woman making a choice and expressing herself---IMHO anyway. I've always loved it when a woman has made initial contact or "a move" on me---I NEVER took that as "easy" or "desparate"! If I thought that way---wouldn't that make ME less since only an "easy, desparate" woman would hit on me? LOL

C'mon BlueEyedGal----you wanna sit back and have to wait for guys? I'll bet not..............
 R_U_Perfect
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/14/2007 2:16:53 PM
It all Depends on The Woman,but generally YES...

I know of at least 3 women that landed their Hubbies in this manner of aproach...

Sometimes there is just No Other Way,Because I am so shell shocked that I jusr don't know which way to go...

So honey just grabs my hand an tells me that we're going over here...

So for a woman to be just a mite forward, is just OK with me...
 scorpiomover
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2007 5:14:14 PM
If I'm attracted to the woman, it's fantastic. If I'm not, and she's polite, it's one heck of a compliment. If I'm not, and she's rude because I turned her down, then it's unpleasant.

Does that make it clearer?

Edit: Old-fashioned women know that in the old days, women hit on men, and men DIDN'T hit on women. In the old days, you would tell a woman who's b/f knows him, she tells her b/f, he tells her, he asks her out, she says yes. It was that simple.
 1flippantsob
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/14/2007 6:20:31 PM
This says it all:

Some men play hard to get. I play hard to want...
 martcand
Msg: 97
yep yep
Posted: 10/18/2007 2:57:50 PM
hey at this point in life it's the easiest way for me to tell if the woman is really interested lololololol
 martcand
Msg: 103
yeah they do
Posted: 10/24/2007 9:49:59 AM
since it is true that woman do pick the men buy the men have to pick through hords of woman to find the woman that is picking him wouldn't it be simpler if the girl just went over selected and got all the bullshit out of the way lolololol
 EC22
Msg: 104
yeah they do
Posted: 10/24/2007 9:56:04 AM
I think women should make the first move more often. What often happens is most women who are at least okay looking or better will get plenty of attention from men. Therefore, they don't need to make the first move that often to find a man.
 GREAT EXPERT 900
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/22/2008 7:22:38 PM
i started ****ing ugly and thick chix a long time ago, actually the ugly chix i had sex with had nice bodies and some good ass ****. the women i couldn't cum with were usually the pretty chix...go figure. i have no problem with ugly or thick chix as long as they're clean. looks, size or race doesn't matter to me at all. the hot chix are more of a headache
 etudeno4
Msg: 111
Posted: 2/23/2008 9:13:01 AM
i don't think there is anything wrong with women approaching men. it's about time they do their fare share and get with the 21st century. funny how women's lib seems to apply to everything but dating. lol
 NoahCoast2Coast
Msg: 114
Posted: 3/10/2008 9:59:32 PM
In a word; yes. We're equals.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2008 10:53:08 PM
I think guys like to imagine that they would enjoy it, because they automatically imagine a woman that they find attractive hitting on them. But in reality, guys are just like us - it's uncomfortable when someone you don't find attractive comes up and hits on you. If you find them not ugly and not attractive, then you might find it flattering, and only slightly uncomfortable . If they are hot, then of course it's fun.
 cmdr_iceman
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2008 4:22:21 AM
The problem most women seem to have when they finally do get up the nerve to make the first move is that it never occurs to them that the guy is under no obligation to reciprocate her interest. Generally speaking women tend to handle rejection poorly as opposed to men who are accustomed to it.
 Mylo R.
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2008 12:04:41 PM
Personally I love it when a woman hits on me. Doesn't matter if it goes anywhere, it's taken as a compliment that "she" made a move.
I would LOVE for wisper to hit on me Now THAT I would never turn down!!! YUMMY!!!!!
 milenko jeckel
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 1:42:35 AM
yep assuming you don't do something that throws up a red flag when you do it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >