Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 catman40
Msg: 80
Do guys take kindly to a women hitting on them?Page 9 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I heard this on a gameshow " how many men say they like the woman to hit on them . " 1 person said 70 another said it was lower . the anwser when we come back . Dang it . it was 89% . 89% of the men like a woman hit on them . this one will shock you . 90% of the men said , they would prefer the woman make the first move in and out of the bed room .
 JWA
Msg: 82
Do guys take kindly to a women hitting on them?
Posted: 10/5/2005 5:15:16 AM
^^^^ Guys who say this sort of thing tend to be insecure or intimidated by a woman making a choice and expressing herself---IMHO anyway. I've always loved it when a woman has made initial contact or "a move" on me---I NEVER took that as "easy" or "desparate"! If I thought that way---wouldn't that make ME less since only an "easy, desparate" woman would hit on me? LOL

C'mon BlueEyedGal----you wanna sit back and have to wait for guys? I'll bet not..............
 R_U_Perfect
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/14/2007 2:16:53 PM
It all Depends on The Woman,but generally YES...

I know of at least 3 women that landed their Hubbies in this manner of aproach...

Sometimes there is just No Other Way,Because I am so shell shocked that I jusr don't know which way to go...

So honey just grabs my hand an tells me that we're going over here...

So for a woman to be just a mite forward, is just OK with me...
 scorpiomover
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2007 5:14:14 PM
If I'm attracted to the woman, it's fantastic. If I'm not, and she's polite, it's one heck of a compliment. If I'm not, and she's rude because I turned her down, then it's unpleasant.

Does that make it clearer?

Edit: Old-fashioned women know that in the old days, women hit on men, and men DIDN'T hit on women. In the old days, you would tell a woman who's b/f knows him, she tells her b/f, he tells her, he asks her out, she says yes. It was that simple.
 1flippantsob
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/14/2007 6:20:31 PM
This says it all:

Some men play hard to get. I play hard to want...
 martcand
Msg: 97
yep yep
Posted: 10/18/2007 2:57:50 PM
hey at this point in life it's the easiest way for me to tell if the woman is really interested lololololol
 martcand
Msg: 103
yeah they do
Posted: 10/24/2007 9:49:59 AM
since it is true that woman do pick the men buy the men have to pick through hords of woman to find the woman that is picking him wouldn't it be simpler if the girl just went over selected and got all the bullshit out of the way lolololol
 EC22
Msg: 104
yeah they do
Posted: 10/24/2007 9:56:04 AM
I think women should make the first move more often. What often happens is most women who are at least okay looking or better will get plenty of attention from men. Therefore, they don't need to make the first move that often to find a man.
 GREAT EXPERT 900
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/22/2008 7:22:38 PM
i started ****ing ugly and thick chix a long time ago, actually the ugly chix i had sex with had nice bodies and some good ass ****. the women i couldn't cum with were usually the pretty chix...go figure. i have no problem with ugly or thick chix as long as they're clean. looks, size or race doesn't matter to me at all. the hot chix are more of a headache
 etudeno4
Msg: 111
Posted: 2/23/2008 9:13:01 AM
i don't think there is anything wrong with women approaching men. it's about time they do their fare share and get with the 21st century. funny how women's lib seems to apply to everything but dating. lol
 NoahCoast2Coast
Msg: 114
Posted: 3/10/2008 9:59:32 PM
In a word; yes. We're equals.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2008 10:53:08 PM
I think guys like to imagine that they would enjoy it, because they automatically imagine a woman that they find attractive hitting on them. But in reality, guys are just like us - it's uncomfortable when someone you don't find attractive comes up and hits on you. If you find them not ugly and not attractive, then you might find it flattering, and only slightly uncomfortable . If they are hot, then of course it's fun.
 cmdr_iceman
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2008 4:22:21 AM
The problem most women seem to have when they finally do get up the nerve to make the first move is that it never occurs to them that the guy is under no obligation to reciprocate her interest. Generally speaking women tend to handle rejection poorly as opposed to men who are accustomed to it.
 Mylo R.
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2008 12:04:41 PM
Personally I love it when a woman hits on me. Doesn't matter if it goes anywhere, it's taken as a compliment that "she" made a move.
I would LOVE for wisper to hit on me Now THAT I would never turn down!!! YUMMY!!!!!
 milenko jeckel
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 1:42:35 AM
yep assuming you don't do something that throws up a red flag when you do it.
 StarreGazer
Msg: 133
Posted: 8/12/2008 9:24:55 AM
Msg: 1 -- That depends ENTIRELY on YOUR approach. If you seem to take control, that could be repulsive. If you seem to be putty in his hands, that could be quite appealing.

It isn't who approaches first. It IS who SEEMS to have control. If he thinks he has control, all is well. If not, then YOU seem to be too forward.
 TheyCallMeMrAwesome
Msg: 134
Posted: 8/12/2008 9:41:13 AM
2 things, yes, that never happens to me and I would love that.

and when i am told a harsh no, i make a smart ass remark or a sarcastic comment.

Usually, (if their mean to me in front of friends) I say, good, I was just making sure whether you were an idiot or not and you obviously are so goodbye, hope you find someone that is equally as stupid as you are, then smile, pivot, and walk away, very satisfying.

I they don't give you a nasty "what the hell, are you asking me?" kindo f response, I just say okay and leave. I rarely end up getting hurt.
 StarreGazer
Msg: 135
Posted: 8/12/2008 9:46:21 AM

Msg: 191 -- I just say okay and leave. I rarely end up getting hurt.

Getting "hurt" in a situation like this is simply a choice. Congratulations to you for not CHOOSING to be "hurt".
 StarreGazer
Msg: 137
Posted: 8/12/2008 11:03:49 AM

Msg: 181 --It is the ultimate compliment, when a gal moves first. Can be real HELL, when she isn't seasoned in the mating game, happened several times, having to let her down gently.

I imagine it can be a bit rough, especially when you are unseasoned in LETTING her down. I always stress compatibility and communication. I suspect that if either is lacking, she EXPECTS to be dropped. This is pretty much a no-brainer. If there is no attachment, there is no relationship, and there is no point in holding on if there is no clearly definable relationship, now, is there?
 victoriasnewsecret
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 4:38:18 PM
Hitting on a guy is exciting, and makes going out so much more fun!

How awesome is it to really go through a crowd, pick the guy who's really caught your attention, and do what you can to make it happen? Social stigmas aside, if you work up the guts to do it it can be a blast!

This new years, I decided to do something I never did before.. as the ball started dropping, I positioned myself next to this guy that I thought was super cute. He was alone, and had been most of the night. When the ball dropped, I tapped his shoulder, and when he bent down to hear what I had to say (I'm short lol) I just grabbed him and kissed him!

(I did think before I did this, and I figured I'd like it if someone did it to me.. so I tried it out!)

He was really stunned and could barely think of anything to say, but he had the biggest grin on his face. We talked for the rest of the night once he got over the shock.. lol.

Normally I'd never be that forward, but hey, you only live once. The other night I did something a bit more normal lol.. a guy and I kept exchanging glances as we passed each other through the crowd.. and the crowd was just pushing us apart, so I just waved him over (which took a lot of guts) and his face lit up and he grabbed my hand. I ended up with someone who I was really compatible with. Turned out he thought I was really pretty, so I guess I lucked out :)

So hey! Maybe the secret to us girls getting the exact guys we want is just going for them. And one of the good things about making the move is you can pick a guy who hasn't already hit on 25 other girls before you.
 Thirdfromtheleft
Msg: 141
guys do take kindly to a women hitting on them
Posted: 11/24/2008 8:56:49 PM
My father once said: "There are two types of girls. First type, the most common, you have to "chase" and "conquer". Second type are the once that chase YOU and ask YOU out. Have fun, but remember, when you finally want to settle down, pick only from the second type, because they see in you whatever it is they want from a man and you wount have to look over your shoulder for the rest of your life. Relationship without trust is a liability."
I know my father and grandfather followed this rule, and it has served me well so far. Its common sense. Women, that have to be talked into being with you, are just there because of all that sweet, silly shit you said, that made them laugh and feel good about themselves (not to mention what you spent). If you could do it, so can anyone else. How can you trust someone like that?

HOWEVER I'm not saying men shouldnt be making the first move! They should! Its just that that sort of relationship is not meant for anything long term (not saying it CANT be long term, it CAN, but its just not MEANT to be).
 mulberry4000
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2009 7:00:01 PM
oh oh yes please yes please I would love it such an ego boost if i happen to me but alas it has not but i would not mind at all. Please god let it happen before i die
 metagod
Msg: 150
Posted: 3/11/2009 4:54:28 PM
I prefer it personally, as I have absolutely no clue when a women really likes me.
First relationship I was in, she had been flirting with me for almost a year, but I had never picked up on it and always assumed she wasn't interested as she had rejected all of my friends advances already.

~Tyler
 LG2727
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2010 10:10:37 PM
hmmmm....I asked several men if they liked a woman hitting on them, they said no, they would think the women were skanks. So, just how does one know whether a man would like it or not? I dont really care, I would never hit on a man!
 Ron429
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2010 10:07:07 AM
Guys that are heterosexual, normal, healthy, appreciate sex and the opposite sex are thrilled when women hit on them. It only makes it easier to talk and chat and make a love connection. So yeah, I definitely take kindly to women hitting on me, in fact I would be happy if they did it a lot more than they do. Only trouble is most are not really intelligent enough to make themselves know to have interest in a man. They are totally befuddled by ancient beliefs, taboos, social conventions died long ago, and are not quite into the 21st century socially yet. But a dynamic, intelligent, good-looking, smart, woman that knows what she wants and aims to have it will not hesitate to approach a guy she's attracted to and will not let such nonsense come between here and her pleasure and future.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >