Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Is It Women Don't Seem To Know How To ROMANCE A Man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thiguy
Msg: 141
Why Is It Women Don't Seem To Know How To ROMANCE A Man?Page 18 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Todayscatch: Darn, I was hoping it was just in my area.
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Why Is It Women Don't Seem To Know How To ROMANCE A Man?
Posted: 10/22/2009 1:30:26 PM
Eyes are huge....I read eyes well. Knowing your partner. Humor and clicking and laughing together is huge. Experimenting, playing, knowing what your partner is passionate about and finding small items that are sentimental including what they are passionate about. Giving them a gift certificate in what they are passionate about. Going to an event that you know they would enjoy. Buying something with the logo or patch of what they are passionate about. Making their favorate meal with candlelight. Sitting around a fire with blanket and glass of wine or sparkling grape juice or hot apple cider and soft music. There's a ton of things. Know your partner and what he/she is passionate about.
 Dee4166
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2009 6:26:34 PM
I think that everyone's idea of romance is different person to person never mind between men or women...
I think that it's a good idea to find out what is MEANINGFUL to YOUR partner and then go from there...
Sometimes one person's idea of romance is totally lost on another person...and sometimes romance is really just a simple gesture, rather than a big production...
Go forth and...ROMANCE each other!!!
As for women getting the "better part" of it or expecting more...Amazing how ALL of you guys saying that just KEPT ON staying with someone who was selfish and self-centered rather than just leave and find someone who understands that reciprocity is the key...?
I mean rather than being bitter, how about taking some responsibility for wasting your OWN time and energy???
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2009 6:36:21 PM
My former girlfriend use to set the mood in her bedroom, light a scented candle, put on some of that peaceful mind relaxing music and start acting more sensual. It was nice having her focus on me through this way. I realize she was getting what she wanted but was all good regardless.
I actually purchased a book because I had no idea how to give a women what they want. It was a good thing cause it gave me a few ideas into the workings of a womens mind and what they want from thier man. We are clueless, we try but its true we think completely different in many regards.
 head.cloud123
Msg: 145
Posted: 10/22/2009 7:04:04 PM
One woman asked why didn't the guys leave?

Good question.

If a guy wants a woman he has to accept the fact that she will give less and be the more selfish one. There is no way around this. A man who is dating has already accepted this.
 head.cloud123
Msg: 146
Posted: 10/23/2009 10:04:33 PM
Women are MORE selfish than men. So how can romance EVER be equal?

And frankly, I think they're simpler to understand and easier to please than women are.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/3629599datingPostpage3.aspx
 Cynderella
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2009 10:15:37 PM
Some ppl like to please and some do something different...no two men or women are the same.

I have always been very romantic to the "One" in my heart...but found the men not to be as romantic (poor choices, who knows)...but as one who is a giver, this never bothered me.
It makes me feel good to be this way...so back to what I first said...

^^^As for "Women being more selfish" it goes both ways...^^^

There are "GIVERS and TAKERS"
You just have to hope to find the same romantic kind of partner.
Heres to hopeing...
 head.cloud123
Msg: 148
Posted: 10/23/2009 10:21:51 PM
No it doesn't go both ways. Of course men might be selfish but that is the exception.

Just think about all men do for women. Men provide, protect and nurture MORE than women do, give more emotional support, act chivalrous, give more affection, give more in bed, accommodate women more than vice versa, are easier to please and deal with, are less critical of women, initiate everything, pay for everything etc etc etc

Most women date multiple men and always keep back up options. The average dude doesn't have as many women chasing him as the average women has men chasing her. Men don't even get to pick who to have sex with. Men display women choose. Men bear 100% of the rejection.

Women always marry up (financially and in terms of looks/personality), are always more picky and always have more partners.

Women are the center of sexual attention not men. Women can't even give men this type of attention and we're supposed to believe women are giving men romance?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Is It Women Don't Seem To Know How To ROMANCE A Man?