Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Is It Women Don't Seem To Know How To ROMANCE A Man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shadowgirl58
Msg: 26
Why Is It Women Don't Seem To Know How To ROMANCE A Man?Page 2 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
women come from a long line of women that were courted.
 TheLadyOfTheLake
Msg: 27
Why Is It Women Don't Seem To Know How To ROMANCE A Man?
Posted: 8/14/2005 5:51:03 PM
MusicMan....
VERY eloquently written! I couldn't agree with you more .......
Sandy!
 TheLadyOfTheLake
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/14/2005 5:54:47 PM
MusicMan
(She sits thinking........) .... so do you think, then, that men don't like these little things that we do, don't want them, or don't appreciate them? (Or all of the above LOL??) Or maybe, they just feel smothered or uncomfortable with it all then too?
Wondering.....
Sandy!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/14/2005 5:55:31 PM
You know, we can only control our own behavior. If a man doesn't respond to a romantic gesture, that's really sad. One of the things I've come across is that your partner may have their own ideas of romantic guestures they'd like, but you may have a different idea of what you consider "romantic". Too bad that any romantic gesture can't be appreciated just for the thought of it, even if it's something that wasn't your favorite.
 Frrosty
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/14/2005 6:07:45 PM

men do go all out...at times...with the flowers being sent to work...dinners...romantic walks...lots of hand holding...things that maybe they think the woman that they are trying to impress wants..

women...little things...to please her man...notes...sexy panties...or not...

I actually thought this stuff DID work!

hhmm

I'm lost.

I really suck.

i think the problem arises...when there is not a balance or communication...when the other feels unappreciated...

I really agree with this.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/14/2005 6:28:48 PM
If you're involved in a long term relationship with someone then I honestly don't feel the romance should ever wane. In an ideal world, I know. But honestly why does anyone let the romance slide when that is something that helped you win this terrific partner that you're honored to have in your life? We let the outside world and the busyness of "life" creep in and take away what made us feel special. I really feel that the long term relationships that are successful where they're as in love as the day they met, have to be infused with romance and romance does not stop once the commitment is made and you've "landed" this great person that you may have romanced for months or years. Now you've got them, great but maybe to keep them or keep them and you happy, you have to keep the romance alive.
 Frrosty
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/14/2005 7:04:38 PM

If you're involved in a long term relationship with someone then I honestly don't feel the romance should ever wane

<--makes notes.

the busyness of "life

The first mistake.,...calling life..a "business"...ugh.

romance and romance does not stop once the commitment is made and you've "landed" this great person

You know it too.

but maybe to keep them or keep them and you happy, you have to keep the romance alive.

K.

bucsgirl
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/14/2005 7:22:37 PM
ffrosty Just so you know it wasn't a typo. I didn't call life a business, the busyness of life, meaning I'm just too busy, gotta shop for groceries, balance the checkbook, get the lawn mowed...busy...and ness. What I was referring to is people in a committed relationship who don't have "time" for romance because they're too "busy". Hope that clarified it for you. Everyone is busy, but you have to set your priorities and make them almost sacred. If you're life is too busy to take time to show the people you care about how you feel and don't let them know how "special" they are to you, then maybe a reevaulation of priorties is due. I'm not talking about YOU, just in generalities. I've broken up with men that were too busy to give me the time of day, because they're busy to where we're supposed to be "involved" but when I feel like a convenience or an "on call" girlfriend. Well that aint' happening. I am far from high maintenance, but I do need to think every now and then that I mean something to you or have some place in your list of priorities. Doesn't have to be the top one, but broke up with many men who were married to their job and shouldn't even be dating.
 Frrosty
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/14/2005 7:32:25 PM

I know EXACTLY what ya mean sweet girl!!

haligurl
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2005 7:55:09 PM
Oh, bucs...you are sooo correct! I, too, felt that when I was making romantic gestures, I got barely a nod and every so often would be told, "well, I was gonna do.....", but he never did! Then when he got too busy for me, that's when it ended. Not staying anywhere where I'm not wanted, even just a little...
I like to give cards for no reason, I find that some say just the perfect thing when I can't seem to. I have also done a "picnic" in the middle of my living room floor, complete with blanket, throw pillows for comfort and some good food/wine...just because! Again, I felt that I was the only one making the effort, and after a while, it did feel like an "effort", rather than a pleasure like it should be. Men keep talking about being romantic in their profiles, but when I asked about it in my forum (Nova Scotia), so far, I've only rec'd answers from women who had actual experiences in being romantic for their men...none from the fellas. *sigh*, do people just not bother anymore? I think that's half the problem with people trying to hook up, no one seems to want to make an effort or go the extra mile anymore.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/14/2005 8:10:51 PM
ffrosty Thanks for understanding!! Hugs!! I know that busyness is not maybe a word, but it's a word I use. I know what I mean, I get it, doesn't mean everyone else does. I do have a few own words that are just mine. Thanks for being understanding and patient. One of the first men I encountered here, always had a soft spot for you, and that's not changed.
Edit Aww haligirl lovely lady yeah I know. The romantic gestures that go unappreciated, what a sad loss for the intended. But you know what? It's their loss, NOT yours. I've run across too many men that ardently pursue, then woops I'm "busy" heck I'm busy too...usually more busy than they are but I have my priorities are more in order. I'm personally over SO many single men, never married no kids, who can't manage their life well enough to have time for a special lady, and when business calls get swamped and totally forget about me? Yeah, haha write me later, I've already forgotten about you! Your job your career is that important, well I hope you're getting the love out of that. Because some day, you're gonna be retired voluntarily or involuntarily and what will you have? A nice care, maybe a nice house that you can come home to alone and your voice will echo, because there won't be anyone there. So, cool with me persue your career with all your passion, have your cars, your boats, your hottubs and your big EMPTY house. Because moi will be long gone and not answer your phone calls or answer your emails. I don't wait around for anyone, I'm not an on call and waiting for you type of woman. Never have been, never will be.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/15/2005 1:38:54 AM

and I always thought it was the other way around,

OK I demand my dose of romance ladies
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/15/2005 1:47:32 AM
Romance and Passion keep a relationship alive. I am very romantic and passionate. I absolutely adore a man who is the same. In reality though its hard to do because in the real world so many men and women have been hurt and still live in the past.
 Frrosty
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/15/2005 11:15:06 AM

Pamper him ...

YA!! DO THAT!!

Acknowledge the little things he does ...It's important to thank him for the little things ..AND THE BIG THINGS

mm hmm; it is nice to be appreciated.

I got AAWESOME acknowledgment last night. I asked a girl what she would find very romantice. Her reply: "I cannot tell you because you will do it and you KNOW it"

(smart girl) Good thing she knows it too though hu?

I will find this out anyways though.....

she knows who the man is here.

79dude
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/15/2005 4:55:46 PM
ok here it is:

how to romance a man: grab his nuts

ok, class is over
 79dude
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/15/2005 4:59:28 PM
why, didnt you have the sex?

lol ok people im not being too serious here in case you didnt notice
 TheLadyOfTheLake
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/16/2005 4:04:06 PM
Yup!

Looks like at lease a couple of the women who've visited this thread have given the topic some thought, and acted on those thoughts too! I always believed, too, that most women thought "romance" was all about the man and what he could or would do for them. I really don't think too many women think they need to or should consider being romantic TOWARDS a man! BAD ATTITUDE GIRLS!!! Listen up! LOL!! Romance is a two way street ..... and even if men don't "expect" it, they're bound to enjoy it!

Sandy!
 TheLadyOfTheLake
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/16/2005 4:24:51 PM
Mystry ....

{BIG SMILE} ..... I really didn't have to say anything at all! You've said so many things perfectly attuned to the subject in this thread (and several others too!) so ELOQUENTLY that my comments are pretty superfluous. Thanks ....... you're obviously a kindred spirit!

Sandy!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/16/2005 4:35:17 PM
79dude I thought it was show up naked and bring beer! (DISCLAIMER: this IS a joke...)
 sctrrdr69
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2005 4:37:43 PM
when he walks in the door, just tell him "take off your clothes and stay a while" works for me,lol
 carribeanking7
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/16/2005 8:01:04 PM
My idea of a romantic evening................

A lobster dinner ..paid for by her....
followed by a long walk....(she whispers she is not wearing knickers)
A game of pool (she lets me win)...LOL
Back to my place .....fun with soap & suds in the shower
slow un hurried lovemaking.......

The year 1989 does evoke some fond memories.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/16/2005 9:13:52 PM
rapunzel ....let your hair down....im climbing up
 kookymonster
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/17/2005 1:43:47 AM
WHOA!

I'm a huge romantic!! The last guy I dated really got to enjoy the full extent of how romantic I can be! There was a couple of nights, after he had gotten off work, when walking out to his car, only to find a dozen roses underneath his windshield wipers! I think MORE women need to give MEN flowers/roses - - - it's wonderful to see the reaction on their faces! Most men are astonished by it, mainly because they NEVER recieve them....but GIVE them! I love leaving little surprises - like little love notes - tucked away in "his" wallet, near the cash, so later during the day, when he goes to eat lunch, he'll find that note! I know I love to get 'em (though rarely does it ever happen), so why not return the favor!

passionfly
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/17/2005 2:34:24 AM
the biggest misconception that men have about romance is that they think it involves DOING something romantic as in writing poetry, planing a romantic getaway with bells and whistles, etc etc. You can simple SAY romantic things with as much weight as performing some intricate romantic ritual. They aren't romantic 99% of the time and turn one day out of the year into a romancefest that involves like 500 things for her in ONE day.

Romance is a process that evolves, it includes spoken words such as "your eyes sparkle when you smile" to writing small love notes for her where she can find them such as a simple "Thinking of you".

Romantic acts and gestures when they ARE a part of your life are simple and very easy to perform. They do not have to be a marathon session of romantic gestures all piled into one day and the other 364 days are as barren of romance as a desert.

You eat and sleep every day, romance should be a natural part of your life just like brushing your teeth are. Imagine being with a person that throughout your dealings with them manages to show or say romantic gestures that don't feel like "ok I did my romance part, now where is my sex?" lol

Romance, above all, does not imply you are expecting anything in return. If you overdo romance it will cheapen its effect just as NOT doing it will leave a women to feel unloved.

Another big mistake guys make when they show or do romantic gestures is to downplay it with humor like she is part of your comedy act. There is a time and place for humor and romance should be fun but take the time to make it hearthfelt and curtail your need to be the comedian of the hour when you do them.

When you mix romance and comedy you will come across as a goof and the romantic gesture will not have the level of respect she deserves to have the romantic gesture enveloped in. Downplay the comedy and amp up the intent. I can't stress this enough.
 passionfly
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/17/2005 6:34:56 AM
yes I hear ya, but a romantic gesture is something that develops as a part of who you are as a being. If your nervous, you shouldn't be because she might accept it the wrong way. A heartfelt gesture comes from the heart and an equally receptive heart to the gesture WILL get it. A heart that doesn't, won't get it, so you have lost nothing. Nothing from nothing still leaves nothing but at least you don't compromise who you are. I hope that makes sense.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Is It Women Don't Seem To Know How To ROMANCE A Man?