Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Is It Women Don't Seem To Know How To ROMANCE A Man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheLadyOfTheLake
Msg: 53
Why Is It Women Don't Seem To Know How To ROMANCE A Man?Page 3 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Wow!
You boys and girls have given me some eye-poppin' answers and some great ideas too. I was trying to get the male perspective on this whole thing, and it appears there are two types of ya out there!

1) The type that's uncomfortable when your girl tries to actually do something romantic "for you", 'cuase you're soooooo not used to it (need to find better partners LOL), and.....

2) The type that knows romance, what it's all about, is COMFORTABLE with it, and revels in everything it has to offer.

For you #2's out there, any ideas on what you would like to see from use ladies re: romance directed towards YOU????

I'm all "ears" ........
Sandy!
 TheLadyOfTheLake
Msg: 54
You Do That TOO????
Posted: 8/18/2005 10:52:26 AM
Hey JT ....

And here, all this time, I thought it was only us girls that love to watch our partners while they are sleepin' ........ it really IS ROMANTIC isn't it!

Glad there are some of you still left out there ......

Sandy!
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 55
Why Is It Women Don't Seem To Know How To ROMANCE A Man?
Posted: 3/2/2006 9:40:56 PM
there are alot of women who do know how to romance a man just might take some men
awhile to acturly find the one that truly, does it better than any other woman he has been with or been around.

wish you the best of luck!
 Polly_G
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/10/2006 4:46:29 PM
I actually like romancing my guy. But guys like different stuff than women do.

Here are some of the ones I've done that have gone over well with a couple of my ex's. Some of this stuff was meant to be kind of humorous too.

1. Very expensive lobster dinner at the best seafood place in town
2. He was really into astrology so I decorated the room in thousands of glow in the dark stars and even hung them from the ceiling with invisible strings so when you turned the lights off you felt like you were in the centre of a 3D galaxy. (Pot smokers wanted to sleep in our bed).
3. He wanted to do something really unique in the computer room and we had talked about putting up a border made of CDs. He went away on a business trip and when he came back I had tiled the ceiling and 4 walls with CDs so the room looked like a disco ball. Disclaimer: Found out CDs apparently reflect heat from the computers so the room would be 5 degrees hotter than any other room.
4. He was working too hard so I bought a homer simpson mask and dressed up like Homer, jumped in the room screaming "DOH!!!" to break the stress he was under.
5. Rented the honeymoon suite at a hotel (with a jacuzzi room attached!!) and had wine on ice waiting there for us when we arrived.
6. He got a candlelite dinner at least once a week at which time I "tried" to cook
7. I would just buy him funny little cheap things all the time that reminded me of him. I found a little doll in a store that kind of looked like him so I brought it home and painted the face a bit so it looked like a little voodoo doll of him in the end...but it was supposed to be just funny little cute thing.
8. One was the really sentimental type. He found this little squiky toy in the woods that was a baby hippo. He ran across it 3 times in the woods before he finally picked the thing up and decided to bring it home and say how he thought it was weird that he kept running into this same toy while surveying in the woods. The paint was faded, a dog had ripped one of the legs off and left its teeth marks all over the thing. It didn't squeek anymore because of the leg and tooth holes. So I took it, repainted it, used a hot knife to melt the plastic where all the teeth marks were, and put a little minature cast over its ripped off leg. I gave it to him as a present (it squeeked again too!!!). I was over there the other night for a visit and he still has it actually up on a shelf. For some reason he said its one of the favorite gifts he's ever got. Go figure.
9. Full body massage with oils

It's great when they appreciate the things you do for them. Sucks if they don't.
 sparticuss
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/11/2006 4:18:42 AM
Actually rremember No!

You are right on one point. The girls have no idea on how to romance a man.

But the reason that they have no idea is your second point and you are wrong on that one.

You may believe that romance is a two way adventure. The vast majority of the female population does not. They expect him to romance them and they think that abusing him in return is normal behaviour.
 sparticuss
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/11/2006 4:21:15 AM
Brief ne

It sickens me to say this but,,,,,,, The only time I've seen women suddenly get romantic is when they have abused him once too often and he's leaving.

Appropiate behaviour, under those circumstances, is for her to offer an apology. What she usually offeres is sex or romance.

Definitely the wrong time for it.
 sparticuss
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/11/2006 4:38:51 AM
Top question chubby but not one that I can answer so easily.

Mostly because the whole concept of a woman even thinking about romancing a man is so far from the minds of both.

I know of a couple of examples but not very good ones.

I know of one guy who couldnt' take his eyes off the cheer girls at the sporting events. His gf got sick of it and, one night, when he'd settled in to a little TV sport she paraded in wearing her own cheer squad outfit. Highly modified erotic version with cutaways, suspenders and fishnets. She was quite surprised to find him lookig at her the same was as he looked at the cheer girls.

He still eyes off the cheer girls but it doesn't bother her any more.
 Black Wasp
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2006 6:25:52 AM
HA! I agree 90% of wemon don't romance their men, they would best expect it from them.
..and romancing isnt sex either, so that does not count. In truality I think men are more compassionate than wemon (unless the guys just an a-wipe).

Any of you ever seen a woman initiate a romantic event or atmosphere? I really have not, not even on tv, lol. I wonder why this is.
 thelowlyone
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2006 9:22:46 AM
I blame television, it tells what we are supposed to be like in order to achieve perfect happiness, my television tells me I must have ripped abs, blowing hair, make millions doing nothing at all, oh and have the perfect personality always.
 hotrod1970
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2006 11:02:15 AM
I can only speak from my point of view I dont know if you want to call it romanced.. I think most men dont want to think of it as them being romanced,, I for one dont like a big deal being made of me.. However. I do appreciate the small things,, What Ive liked the most is When I felt Important in the relationship. But this does not mean to tell me that. Just the Occasional telephone call. Email. When Im at work and cant be around, i think every guy wants to know that His Girlfriend/wife is happy with who she is with. I would think of it as the Man has an Ego. Would rather romance than be romanced. Dont get me wrong though we still liked to be treated well though..
 sparticuss
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/10/2006 12:08:39 AM
Sandy
The female culture, which pervades the female psyc till about age 30, when the women start actually thinking for themselves, is that men should love women with no return of that love and women should love babies with no return of that love.
 Gaarf
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/10/2006 1:01:01 AM
Hold up a second here..

I thougth the romance was the mans responsibility?
 JWA
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/10/2006 5:05:45 AM
^^^Good Gawd Woman----R E L A X !!!!!
 element1
Msg: 73
Tsk, and Men Get Harangued For Not Paying Attention!
Posted: 6/20/2006 6:28:22 PM
Well this is real easy Women think were "simple' we need little . Not true for todays man. A man would love if he got out the Shower and had a Hot towel waiting for Him from the Dryer.
Or You Actually didn't Shoot the guy down when he speaks about he's "Dream" Even..Even if you've heard it 20+ times. Support in the mans Hunt is Romance
 jeffieb1
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/20/2006 6:32:08 PM
Romance does seem one-sided when I think about it. I received flowers for the first time this year and I'm 46 years old. I do think that women deserve to be romanced more than men. Guys try to be macho and act tough.
 dave1234
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Tsk, and Men Get Harangued For Not Paying Attention!
Posted: 6/20/2006 6:35:41 PM
(Msg 184)Maybe women don't get romantic with men because it seems men get Romance and sex mixed up.

Isn't romance showing a person you want them, you like/love them? The dictionary says,
A love affair.
Ardent emotional attachment or involvement between people; love: They kept the romance alive in their marriage for 35 years.
A strong, sometimes short-lived attachment, fascination, or enthusiasm for something: a childhood romance with the sea.

What better way to show romance than by sharing one's body with another? Isn't that the ultimate gift?

I'm not just talking sexual intercourse. I'm talking about caresses and massages and sensual touching that leads up to sex. Isn't romance a prelude to sex? If not, what is the purpose of it? Isn't romance supposed to get someone "in the mood"? If caresses and massages and sensual touching does get someone in the mood then wouldn't that be considered romance?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Is It Women Don't Seem To Know How To ROMANCE A Man?