Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Is It Women Don't Seem To Know How To ROMANCE A Man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ron9
Msg: 109
Why Is It Women Don't Seem To Know How To ROMANCE A Man?Page 6 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Ok let me get this strait.

A female would actually get off the phone with her friends or sisters or mom long enough to ..... to even notice her husband?

What is this female to male romance that is being talked about?

Would she even ... gasp ...... would she even like make him feel desirable or would that be too extreme?
 randomstoic
Msg: 110
Why Is It Women Don't Seem To Know How To ROMANCE A Man?
Posted: 3/27/2007 5:55:05 PM
I am afraid that purchasing ties, clothes, and fixing dinner just dont' work on me (but I will be very grateful and let her know it). I like conversation mixed with flirtation and and teasing. I also enjoy slipping into period roleplay because it turns love into an act and an act into love. This is all hard work and demands a great deal of improvisation, but, most importantly, it is engaging.

Nothing is more romantic than thoughtful and completely off-the-cuff surprises.
 chuchurillo
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2007 6:31:47 PM
I've seen many posts here on this AWSOME topic. But there is one thing I haven't read, or at least no ones brought up yet. Is there a chance that maybe women should romance their men differently than they themselves are romanced?
I work on a construction site, outside all year, surounded by men, addmittedly not the most articulate bunch what I hear, (and sometimes feel myself), is the following
"All I want is someone who understands what this job does to me, and not break my ball everynight about being tired"

"My wife works in an office, I carry around a houndred pounds on my back all day, and all she wants if for me to rub her feet. What about my feet?"
The list could go on and on, I think I'll leave it at this, you as a woman may love scented candles, candle light, and pillow talk, but to a really large number of us, all that means is an over powering flowerey dark room, with someone reciting shakespear in their ear.
just a thought but most of us don't need that type of enticement.
just a thoght, I'll crawl back into my cave now.
cheers.
 eb3267
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/23/2007 6:43:23 PM
I've been writing to mine...

Cute little hello's & I miss you's..

I've even typed to him while talking on the phone. I've started the email with something like.. "I'm talking to this Handsom man, who doesn't know that I'm writing this." "I won't tell him what I want to do with him while we're on the phone, but I'll tell you, here now.." Then I go into what ever is running through my mind at the time.. He seems to like it.. He says it gives him something to think about after he reads it..

We also send little texts back and forth all day too.. The closer the end of the week gets, and we are going to see each other, the sexier they seem to get.. lol
It's Fun !! He's an awsome guy... So far he seems to be the one !! We shall see...
 Who.Me
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/30/2007 1:22:59 PM
I have never had a man plan a romantic interlude...however, I have done the following:

A hotel suite complete with a jacuzzi...before his arrival I set the stage....

Candles everywhere, favorite wine chilling in the fridge, cd burned with our favorite music, hundreds of red and white rose pedals sprinkled all over the floor leading from the front door to the bed, room service and a sexy outfit complete the scene.

When he arrives:

he will go to take a shower and find a love poem on the bathroom counter,

we have dinner and wine...soak in the jacuzzi....the rest is history....
 richkfj
Msg: 114
still yet even more genderising?
Posted: 9/30/2007 5:12:29 PM
Putting the foot thing aside for a moment, I think you bring up the best way for either gender to romance and that starts with attitude. Nothing is more of a turn on than a woman who 'wants' to be with me and however she wants to display affection is going to work. A foot massage with warm oils is very nice.
 richkfj
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/30/2007 5:20:30 PM
Exactly! Equal treatment and equal attention. I just came out of a one sided thirty year relationship because it was not equal. I was the one wanting to keep doing the romance, but after a while of no return, no refund it became to hard to keep it going. You are spot on. You need someone to appreciate and be appreciated.
 harleygyrl
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2007 10:22:12 AM
Well, this is my story. I was seeing this guy who lived about 3 hrs away. I was going to visit him for the weekend and decided to give him a surprise. So I drove the 3 hrs with nothing on but a leather trench coat and thigh high boots. He seemed to think that was a great romantic gesture. Atlthough it was kind of hard when I had to stop because the coat only had like 5 buttons and the wind was tremendous that day. I am sure the truckers were surprised too. What do you guys think is that romantic enough?
 english lass
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/14/2008 4:20:37 PM
i think romance should be a regular part of a love-life...to me it's letting the person know they're treasured, someone special...it's an individual thing, some people like some things, some people like others.. it's about finding out what they like and doing them, those things that show i've thought of him in particular.....

anything from massages when he's weary, to buying him tickets for he and his friends to go to an event they'd enjoy... or maybe even leaving him notes and messages all day about what i want to do to/with him when he gets home and giving him a night of passion and love, without his having to do anything, except enjoy it...

all about what he'd find romantic and how best he'd feel loved..

things to show we understand that person and love who they are, for who they are..

readyornot57
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 6:34:59 PM
So women think that the guy won't appreciate it, so they won't even try.

Romance is dead.
 Vannili
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 6:44:21 PM
If a man is a true a lover and deal with me honestly, I 'll give him The BEST ROMANCE ,he ever have in his life......
 Vannili
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 7:33:04 PM
[ quote] This really irrtitates me.....women expect us to give up,but they don't even make an effort. I expect flowers, a nice dinner,may be a movie .Is that too much to ask?

Instead of flowers, I gave a man a Danielle Steel 's romance pocket book to read.
Nice dinner ?, I 'll get Ceasar's 5 bucks big peperone pizza .
I'll rent a video or cd of Stephen King's Horror movie ,if he got scared of the black widow spider on the screen and he'll hug me and burried his face in my 30 grand silicon bossoms ,he he ,he I'll say that is soooooooo romantic.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:52:43 PM
Yes, that is a tricky topic. My guy was a science teacher, and believed that romance was an artificial, phony sentiment. Yet he often liked to surprise me by taking me someplace special (like a location here on Vancouver Island we hadn't explored yet).

I realized early on that, unless it is a warped expression, one should accept love in the form your partner is comfortable giving it, and reciprocate in ways he or she is comfortable receiving it. So, that's what I did.

Now, though, I need to learn how to be romantic to at least some extent, in case the fella who becomes my boyfriend and hopefully life mate appreciates romance. So I've been reading this Thread with great interest. Thanks, Sandy, for posting it, and thanks, folks, for adding your input.
 varinia
Msg: 123
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:52:50 PM
To me romance is about doing and saying little things that are above and beyond the necessities to keep the relationship going. Little things to show the other that you are/have been thinking about the other or that they're on your mind.

So, within that framework it can take on any kind of shape: sending a funny hallmark card via email - being in a fancy restaurant, going to the bathroom, taking off your panties and when you sit down, giving them to him under the table - cooking a favorite meal....basically anything that tells the other person that you're thinking of them.
 CntryGal
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 11:31:11 AM
Yes, I know how to romance my guy. But I also enjoy courting... the problems I've had in the past is... the men I tried to court thought I was too clingy. Gee, does that mean he's not ready for a relationship? No, I don't court by calling every 5 minutes... not even once a day. But I will slide a note on your winshield or something silly. It doesn't take much to share feelings. If you are both on the same level... all should be ok. I haven't even been in a relationship for a while. It's exhausting. Whew! lol
 jacob8088
Msg: 125
Posted: 9/29/2009 10:15:17 PM
Screw the romantic situations. Just having her on her knees looking up and staring into my eyes will beat out any romantic experience, on any given day.
 girlwPriOriTies
Msg: 126
Posted: 10/21/2009 11:47:21 PM
i honestly have done nothing. sorry
 TodaysCatch
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2009 1:09:21 PM
Wow . . .thiguy said it like I've experienced it, and he lives 3000 miles from me. It looks like it's not just a local phenomenon . . .

Sprainedheart (great handle, btw), you are one in a thousand. Please don't change, and talk up your exploits with your most gossipy friends. The word needs to be spread on this subject.
 Vannili
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2009 1:22:01 PM
Gee.... don't you girls out there know how to be romantic to/for a man,or do most women expect romance 'from the other half ? I always thought 'romance' was a two way adventure.I know "I" get huge satisfaction from doing something sweet and romantic for my guy....what are your experiences been you out men out there ? and you gals too:)

I tried to romance my man of what I read from my favorite romance books Harlequin, but he told me to """ Cut The Crap """!!!!!! so abruptly, I lied on my back,spread my legs and raise my feet to heaven....... So now I am on the street of Plentyoffish looking for a date,or LTR whatever comes first, and I promise myself not to read anymore Harlequin books but the novel of Jackie Collins and Judith Krentz..... Arabian angel I did not know this funny side of you, >ate the wrong petal ! that is hilarious .lol
 Arabianangel
Msg: 129
Posted: 10/22/2009 1:22:08 PM
I once surprised a guy by getting edible rose petals scattered around the house..only he didn't even notice and ate the wrong petal...
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2009 1:30:26 PM
Eyes are huge....I read eyes well. Knowing your partner. Humor and clicking and laughing together is huge. Experimenting, playing, knowing what your partner is passionate about and finding small items that are sentimental including what they are passionate about. Giving them a gift certificate in what they are passionate about. Going to an event that you know they would enjoy. Buying something with the logo or patch of what they are passionate about. Making their favorate meal with candlelight. Sitting around a fire with blanket and glass of wine or sparkling grape juice or hot apple cider and soft music. There's a ton of things. Know your partner and what he/she is passionate about.
 Dee4166
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2009 6:26:34 PM
I think that everyone's idea of romance is different person to person never mind between men or women...
I think that it's a good idea to find out what is MEANINGFUL to YOUR partner and then go from there...
Sometimes one person's idea of romance is totally lost on another person...and sometimes romance is really just a simple gesture, rather than a big production...
Go forth and...ROMANCE each other!!!
As for women getting the "better part" of it or expecting more...Amazing how ALL of you guys saying that just KEPT ON staying with someone who was selfish and self-centered rather than just leave and find someone who understands that reciprocity is the key...?
I mean rather than being bitter, how about taking some responsibility for wasting your OWN time and energy???
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2009 6:36:21 PM
My former girlfriend use to set the mood in her bedroom, light a scented candle, put on some of that peaceful mind relaxing music and start acting more sensual. It was nice having her focus on me through this way. I realize she was getting what she wanted but was all good regardless.
I actually purchased a book because I had no idea how to give a women what they want. It was a good thing cause it gave me a few ideas into the workings of a womens mind and what they want from thier man. We are clueless, we try but its true we think completely different in many regards.
 Cynderella
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2009 10:15:37 PM
Some ppl like to please and some do something different...no two men or women are the same.

I have always been very romantic to the "One" in my heart...but found the men not to be as romantic (poor choices, who knows)...but as one who is a giver, this never bothered me.
It makes me feel good to be this way...so back to what I first said...

^^^As for "Women being more selfish" it goes both ways...^^^

There are "GIVERS and TAKERS"
You just have to hope to find the same romantic kind of partner.
Heres to hopeing...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why Is It Women Don't Seem To Know How To ROMANCE A Man?