Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > how many online dates have you had?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ryansmsk
Msg: 36
how many online dates have you had?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
none since i rejoined this site this fall , only in the early stages of messaging singles . an actual date still seems very elusive .
 4408joseph
Msg: 37
view profile
History
how many online dates have you had?
Posted: 12/19/2008 10:05:56 AM

Once I met three different new guys in one day. That was too much! I've met two in the same evening

Holy Cow. Would you like to be my secretary??? Talk about "TIME MANAGEMENT"

In my best David Copperfield dating mode I couldn't pull that off..

Dates, or meets???

Less of the first then the later...
 Helen1967
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/19/2008 10:29:44 AM

It puzzles me, is it that hard to find a match?

Yes.
 lookinatit
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/19/2008 10:57:48 AM
A couple of dozen. I dated one exclusively for a couple of months. Most of them turned into friends and a few of them were just accidents looking for a place to happen.
 smileee4u
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/19/2008 11:11:39 AM
Fifty-two dates in three years.
 Sherlock101
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2008 11:12:35 AM
I've been on a little more than a handful of dates with women I met online over the last few years. I do live in a small town though and I was also out of circulation for a bit while dating someone I didn't meet online.
 cfb62
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2008 11:55:32 AM
In the last year...10ish.
 cfb62
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2008 11:57:25 AM
It's because too many guys lie and misrepresent themselves.
Plus you can't order chemistry like a pizza.
I'm sure desperate people don't need to date too many people.
They just take whatever they can get and aren't picky.

Sexy Nutty Bird!!!
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/19/2008 12:47:15 PM

Woman go on A LOT of dates...

How can a person date so much and yet not feel chemistry with ANY of the men you meet?

You playing with guys heads? Bored? or REALLY hated all the guys you dated? It puzzles me, is it that hard to find a match?

Yes, it is very hard to find your match; hence, the reason why I am on a date every weekend.It is also difficult to find someone with whom you have chemistry with as well. That is why I am going to continue to keep on trying till I find the "right" one. You are never going to find someone special, if you do not go out and date. Also, I am not going to be settling for less. To jump into a relationship with someone, who there is not a strong chemistry with, that is when you are playing head games. Not only with the person who you are dating but to yourself as well.
 ~~McLovin~~
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/19/2008 11:58:17 PM
Online dating is seriously screwed up. How in the world can a woman go on so many dates and yet not find a match?!!?

A) Being completely unrealistic about what they look for

B) Just WANT to be single and make people think you're looking (games)

C) Maybe the woman has a serious problem and puts up mental barriers before the date even starts, that prevent her from seeing any "chemistry" when it actually might be there if she relaxes a bit.

D) Only a very very small percentage of men understand woman.

No wonder the gay population is booming.
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/20/2008 12:18:01 AM
thank god not many and no longer have to.

pretty slim pickings if you ask me for 2008 ..let's hope 2009 is better for some of you folks next year

my favorites list that consist of single and married , and cohabiting were the last good ones left and drama queen free ,thank god I have them for friends....

you guys know who you are.....

entrepreneur08
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/20/2008 12:59:32 AM
Over the years I can't even remember the count. I have had 2 long term relationships from online dates.

From this site? I would say about a dozen or so.
 eyes_never_lie
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/20/2008 8:57:59 AM
Been on and off this and other sites for the last 2 years...... Zero (0) dates, response rate is almost nil.

On the other hand, IRL I usually don't have any problems dating once I can find a single woman in such a small town.... I guess because women can see the real me. It's difficult to put ones personality on paper I guess.

I would dare to ask most of the women and men here with such luck......
...... if there was no such thing as online dating, before you were here....... how many dates did or would you realistically go on before having a relationship of a few months or more?

I seriously doubt (before online dating) most of you went on 20, 30 over 100 serious first time dates before "hooking up" with someone?? Think about it???

I believe online dating has set most peoples expectations off the charts as to what they will realistically find compared to what they're looking for.
 *Sassy Redhead*
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/20/2008 9:01:10 AM
Too many to count in the year and a half of being online.....hmmmm....now I should really think about this one. It sometimes feels like I'm a serial dater....boy is that tiring!
 *topchef*
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/20/2008 10:11:27 AM
Not nearly enough. rolleyes:
Still single, still looking, still an optimist!
 eyes_never_lie
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/20/2008 10:57:50 AM
eyes never lie....Are you asking those of us that have had many dates whether or not our expectations are too high? Did you ever consider that those that have no luck have the high expectations....and that's why they don't have any luck?

Hi happyrebel,

Actually that wasn't was I was asking but also a valid question maybe for some. I was speaking in general of anyone male , female, luck or no luck. Though, you also bring up a great question and observation about those with no luck. I'm just thinking that all of us are guilty in some way or another of our expectations being set high versus the reality of life in general.

I can't honestly say that I don't have any flaws (being the one). Neither can I say that a potential mate/prospect may see me as a " qualified" suitor. I can honestly say that I "will not" be the person that any one single woman will see as a perfect suitor. There is something about each and everyone of us that a potential suitor may see and run like the wind.

I believe it's not what you can't look past, it's what's you can look past and seek the qualities that stand out that suit your expectations the closest.

I'm not good with words, I'm more of an "actions" man. I hope what I said makes sense.
 vanililly
Msg: 52
Posted: 12/20/2008 4:09:20 PM
more than one
none became "the" one
 Light Up the Sky
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/21/2008 1:50:56 PM
One. I thought it went well, even went on a second date. I was interested, but I guess that was not a returned feeling. It possibly may have been my nervousnes...idk. It was immediately after I joined this site too and I thought maybe I would be lucky ha ha. But either way, I have yet to talk to anyone else to the point I would want to go on a date with them.
 violet0107
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/21/2008 4:55:11 PM
i been on line for 2 mo. now and have met 5, all nice guys! I thank them for taking the time to meet me . . .
 electrawiz
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/21/2008 5:25:25 PM
I have met 8 or so prospective dates in the last 8 years. One was only a first meet, she brought her one-year-old son. Six lasted for a month or two of dates and ended as friends. The last date and I had a relationship for 6 years. Probably not the norm, but, I like people who share the same interests as I. I feel this is a great medium to find people with like interests!
 SpontaneousVrgo
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/21/2008 6:57:24 PM
I've met 2 guys from this site. I did not like the first one. And the second was very nice but they way we met was very strange. I'm still new to online dating...but I'd still prefer DATING. Some of the things guys ask for a first date are just stupid.

:-/
 RedBraemar
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/22/2008 9:53:35 AM
BILLIONS!!!!! (or so it seems)
 casperella
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/22/2008 4:42:51 PM
Autumn can you elaberate more on that? Oh and to answer the question. Well I met 2 on another sight years ago. And on POF I've met 5 in 3 years. Thats really not good odds I dont think. But the last one is promising, still seeing him....hehe
 ~Simple Gal~
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/22/2008 5:16:18 PM
I've met about a dozen guys over the past 8-9 years. Most were short lived, but there was the occassional one that lasted a while.
Posted: 12/22/2008 6:28:54 PM
From here. Zippo. Zilch. Nada.

Which is ok. I prefer to meet people in the real world instead.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > how many online dates have you had?