Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 honeydreams
Msg: 89
If a woman has a few scars..does it make you look at them differentPage 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
love yourself, and people will follow........
i had numerous deep scars, and pulse light therapy really helped...but the biggest hurdle was me!

hypnosis, im told by others, is life changing too.......

believe you will succeed, and you will!
 arkansasoutcast
Msg: 90
If a woman has a few scars..does it make you look at them different
Posted: 10/19/2006 7:32:03 PM
Does a scar make you who you are? No it doesn't. Does a scar change your outlook on life? Some would say yes, but it shouldn't. I always thought that a scar no matter how big or small is nothing but a story to tell. If they can't handle the fact that you've got a scar, again no matter how big or small, then they weren't really interested in knowing the real you.
 rentman758
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/19/2006 7:46:56 PM
Hopefully the ***hole is doing time. I looked @ your profile. I think I would be too busy looking @ that pretty face to notice any scars. Ignore the losers.
 69_dude
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/12/2007 7:42:36 AM
I find that lots of people have hang ups on perfection... LOOK AT MICHAEL JACKSON!!!
but I have found that as I got older I really like the imperfections it is what makes someone unique and special...
So for me it has not been an issue for years, but there are some people who are hung up on this ideal of perfection and hey, they may be a bit vain... so NUTS TO THEM
 jackie10
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/12/2007 9:45:24 AM
schimmerfree, the hard thing is to convince yourself to be comfortable with your scars, the way you look. You need to accept that your scars are part of your anatomy now. They are like tattoos only with a better story. They add character! They make you more interesting! I have had major scars on my abdomen since I was 13 from botched abdominal operation, which has left me 6 major scars on my abdomen and lower abdomen, some that disappear into my bikini, one14' long from my breast bone around my navel to my pubic bone from 7 major operations, including 2 hernias. I hate my scars, and have a hard time to accept them also, and they embarrass me, but I am trying hard to believe what I have told you that I might ware my bikini, as I have a nice shape. Guys do ask embarrassing questions about them, but I am learning to come back to them. I do think that the guys do actually like them as they want to kiss them first, which is embarrassing, yet nice at the same time. If they do not accept your scars, I would not give them the time of the day. The should go out of there way to make you comfortable when you are with them.
 besmirched
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/12/2007 10:30:57 AM
If he loves you, and the scars are a part of who you are, then the scars will be a non-issue.

I dated a gal that had major hip/pelvis reconstruction ... while I was with her ... I kissed her scars often. They are a part of her and the experiences they represent makes her who she is today. Physical scars are little different from emotional scars in that they are a part of someones composition!

You have to like who you see but you also need to be able to accept the affection and attention of those that like who you are as well!

If you man wants to go to the beach, then go ... wear a suit with a fun and colorful t-shirt over top ... I would encourage you to not let the terrible action of another human continue to rob you of your life. Embrace your mans emotional embrace and move forward. (did I mention that I have more than two feet of scars myself?).

Remember, if he loves you, and the scars are a part of who you are, then the scars will be a non-issue. And if the scars are an issue ... then he is a little boy pretending in a mans body!
 M2k7
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/12/2007 3:49:30 PM
To me, no it wouldn't make a difference. But I can understand how it would make you feel, I am a sufferer of psoriasis, and it has contributed to depression and such.

I found when I am confident in who I am and the things I do, that attracted women of all kinds, they didn't even notice the psoriasis.

Me, I still cover it up as if it were the plague, but I found that others are more tolerating of my condition than I am.
 chpdlvr
Msg: 97
Posted: 5/2/2007 9:21:33 AM
are we referrin' to phsical scars or Emotional "scars" from past relationships???
 Charming_Since_1982
Msg: 98
Posted: 5/2/2007 1:37:20 PM
If it bothers you that much the supposed problem can be rectified. I personally wouldn't care about that much because it's rather evident that you have a pleasent and cheerful face. I'd encourage you to be yourself and not worry about the ignorant few. We're all judged in different ways in life and we all have flaws. Why hide them?
 Foruminator
Msg: 99
Posted: 6/9/2007 4:30:11 PM
I can deal w/ it. I have scars because of bad drivers. saved my a$$
 wizard4749
Msg: 100
Posted: 6/11/2007 9:00:36 AM
There are alot of things about ourselves that we have hang ups about that other people never notice.Funny the things we let hold us back....
 H2OSKIER1973
Msg: 101
Posted: 6/17/2007 8:13:44 PM
It absolutely makes no difference. Scars or no scars, what makes a person beautiful is who they are. Your personality is what matters. Besdies from your pictures you look like an extremely attractive woman. You should not be worried about your scars or what other people think about them. I have several scars form past accidents and a few things that I don't like to talk about. The worst scar that I have is on my face and it used to bother me until recently a freind that I have known for 2 years noticed it one day and asked what happened and that she had never noticed it before. That day I decided not to sweat the littlte things because my real freinds see me for who I am not my physical appearance. Hope this helps.
John
 algodondeazucar
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2007 9:47:05 PM
Look, I don´t know how bad this scars are but I think that if you want people to overlook them, you are the one who has to do that first. Why not trying to wear a bathing suit or other kind of clothes you say you can´t use. Don´t pay attention the them and people won´t do it either. Some would stare of course, but once you´ve done that you would feel free and relieved. Why not trying?? You are a pretty girl, people won´t mind.

BTW: You can be sure that you ex will pay with just as much suffering as he caused you.
 Rcb104
Msg: 103
Posted: 6/18/2007 11:41:31 AM
If you have a great personality and the man likes you then I dont think it will cause any problems. A good woman is not that easy to find these days so I dont think your imperfection would get in the way of finding what you are seeking.
 bds1976
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/18/2007 2:25:07 PM
Honestly, what's the most unattractive (at least to me) part of it all is being ashamed of it. I was dating a girl a while ago who I thought was cute and who I got along with quite well. I never saw her naked because she was ashamed of her stretch marks and her stomach. She was skinny (a little loose around the middle, but skinny nonetheless). I didn't care about that, what bothered me was even at home, alone, just the two of us, she was ashamed of herself in front of me. Now, I'm not perfect by any means and there are things I don't like about myself with my shirt off, but I won't beat myself up over it.

It's not easy to just get out there with yourself, but once you do, it'll get easier every time. To me, the imperfection didn't matter. It was how the person dealt with the imperfection that mattered the most.
 JustaJoe96
Msg: 105
Posted: 6/18/2007 2:49:44 PM
Yes and no.

No, for all the right reasons, most scars are battle scars and tell the story of life, hell I've got fifteen of them, they make great stories as this post proves. Now, one is sensitive and does effect the way I like to be touched but it's a knee so no biggy, but boy do I flinch when it gets approached.

So when does a scar bother me? When it self inflicted for the wrong reason, I'm talking implants for the purpose of enhancement (not reconstructive). I'm sorry but the pleasure of the visual is outweighed by the scar (even if it is small) and the thought of poor self-esteem.
 jacobite45
Msg: 106
Posted: 6/18/2007 6:21:05 PM
Shimmer,
You are a gorgoues woman and I don't think that anybody should have any issues with scars where you are concerned. I would imagine that most guys would or at least should feel lucky to be with you.
 Aidoo
Msg: 107
Posted: 6/18/2007 6:30:43 PM
HEY SHIMME!!!!!!

I WILL TELL YOU A STORY WILL MAKE YOU LAUGH. I MET THIS HANDSOME GUY FOR MY LOOKS HE LOOKED BETTER. KNOWING SO LITTLE ABOUT HIM, I FELL FOR IT," YOU KNOW" LIKE NEVER NEVER IN MY LIFE! WE WENT TO HIS CLEAN PLACE. BEAUTIFUL PLACE. EVEN THOUGH HE LIKED ME, HE NEVER WOULD HAVE TOLD ME WHAT I SAW. THAT MOMENT FROZE ON ME FOR EVER. HE HAD A WOODEN LEG FROM HIS KNEE DOWN.
MY QUESTION TO YOU IS, WHAT WOUKD HAVE YOU DONE IN MY CASE........
PLEASE REPLY.........................LOVE YA
DON'T FORGET, HE NEVER MENTIONED IT BEFORE HAND!!!!!!!!!!
 Fun_Jess
Msg: 108
Posted: 6/18/2007 8:09:16 PM
I have a huge scar where my appendix burst and about 16 on my arm from a cat when I was ten. I joke about being a pirate, I have the most scars ever but they don't bother me too much. I get pretty scared about my appendix on too though becuase its nasty, but in truthfulness no guy i met has said gross yet, more or less fasinated. I have alot of little scars, maybe brown people scar easier, oh and i got 4 lymph nodes cut out of my neck lol. Scared yet?
 jacobite45
Msg: 109
Posted: 6/24/2007 6:46:56 AM
A very nice story to share there sweetness. Always nice to see that human kindness is not dead and gone.
 openmindedwi
Msg: 110
Posted: 6/24/2007 7:05:33 AM
From the movie the Replacements: "pain heels, Chicks dig scars, Glory.... Glory lasts forever"
Anyone that would not date you isn't worth your time! (I hope you had the **stard jailed, then drawn and quartered!) Scars like everyone else has said makes up who you are, they tell the story of our life! I would not trade one of the scars I have! They are lessons learned. I would not go "flaunting mine" but I am not ashamed about them, nor should you be ashamed about yours. The man you find to spend the rest of your life with.... well I'll tell you after asking about it (normal human curiosity) he won't ever see them again, to him they just won't exsist! You'll find someone! I wish you well.
 wodehousefan2
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/18/2007 8:05:58 PM
Scars don't bother me. A guy who cares about you won't mind either.
 gildersleeve
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/18/2007 9:41:04 PM
Wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, all tell me that this woman has experienced life...and if a guy loves a woman, he'll love her all the more because of that!
 geminimara
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/18/2007 9:54:47 PM
i believe that scars just make you unique from others. i mean if the man loves you then he will see the scars as a unique qaulity about you something that makes you different from his past relationships. i myself have several scars and stretch marks from giving birth and a violent ex. i used to be insecure about these,but i have a great mum who talked me round to just accepting they were my unique qaulity, she said to me,"do you want to be like everyone else or would you prefer to have these qaulities that define you from the rest"
 Reenie999
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/18/2007 10:01:31 PM
The only man who deserves a "perfect woman" is a perfect man......and I've never found one yet in all my years on this earth.LOL.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >