Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Serendipity_1
Msg: 122
If a woman has a few scars..does it make you look at them differentPage 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Hey KindHeart..I have a scar on my face....not a big one..but its there just the same..Ive never had one guy ask me about it..Im guessing they look past it....and see me for who I am..
 scooter61401
Msg: 123
If a woman has a few scars..does it make you look at them different
Posted: 9/30/2007 8:10:16 PM
when you really care about someone those little imperfections mean nothing...........
 TxSweethart
Msg: 124
Posted: 9/30/2007 10:29:44 PM
I dont think there are any perfect bodies out there, for one reason or another. You are very self conscience about the scars because you know they are there. What we notice about ourselves the most, such as bodily imperfections, others that care about you will over look and not care. If they do care, they arent worth your time.
 RidingRich
Msg: 125
Posted: 10/5/2007 2:27:55 PM
Maybe I'm an oddball, but no, I don't really look at a person differently for scars except for the fact that they're likely a bit more interesting. Scars usually have a story behind them. Intrigue can be a good thing.
 Kymi1968
Msg: 126
Posted: 10/5/2007 4:11:18 PM
SHOULD the scars make someone look at you differently? NO!!

DO the scars make some people look at you differently (Men)? Probly.

Your a beautiful girl...there isn't anything you can do about them unless you have some cosmetic surgery....

Good luck
 Luv Karla
Msg: 127
Posted: 10/5/2007 7:17:13 PM
If a man really cares for you,he will over look your scars.
I know this isn't the same,but I have scars as well(stretch marks)
And I've had them since I was 14,not once has a man said anything
to me about it.

Don't let your scars discourage you from being intimate with someone you care about.
 clay71
Msg: 128
Posted: 10/5/2007 7:44:24 PM
When the right person comes along, put away your fear.
That person won't let the scars, make you look any different.
 Nona37
Msg: 129
Posted: 10/6/2007 7:59:10 AM
Shimmer

I can sooooooooooo relate to you on this topic. I am a war veteran and I have scars as well. My scars are on my chest as well. I was actually thrown many feet after an artillery round landed near our tent out in the desert, even with my scars, I must say, I fared better than some of the other guys, there were no fatalities, but my wounds were far less than the guys I was actually in the tent with. My scars can not be seen unless a man is lucky enough to get me to take my bra off, I literally had a man stop once and asked me what happened, and it's not a good conversation when you are trying to "get it on" with someone!

Now what I do, if I see potential in the sexual arena with a man, I just go ahead and tell them, I have found that an open door here is very crucial and most do not mind, but I do understand how the "scar" thing goes, with both you and I where it's different circumstances, it was still out of "our" control, we are victims of what others have done to us, whether we knew them or not.

I would highly recommend you work on accepting your scars, they are a part of you, and once you have accepted them yourself, the men who will come into your life in the future will accept them as well, for you are more than those sscars, those scars are merely part of y our character, but does NOT represent the real you :) Good Luck to you.~~~Nona
 lonemonkey
Msg: 130
Posted: 10/6/2007 3:27:27 PM
The right guy for you wont be hung up on your scar. If it really bothers you, see a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon. They have something called IPL now that might even out the skin tone. That is so mean that an ex did that to you. I'm sorry to hear.
 gibbyson
Msg: 131
Posted: 11/12/2007 9:32:16 AM
not at all i dont see them i like to seethere heart if they want to share about there scar thats fine i like to look at the heat and feel them robert
 pastelpinkgirly
Msg: 132
Posted: 11/12/2007 9:37:28 AM
I think that what happened 2 u is horrible!

But i guess u can look into getting some scar removing services if u didnt already. and seeking therapy over what he did...i know i be so hurt from that and really cant imagine something like that. If u didnt already as well.

Hope 4 the best 4 u .
 simplelady66
Msg: 133
Posted: 11/12/2007 2:03:53 PM
Shimmerfree77,
We all have scars hun, both on the outside and the inside. I have both. I have stretchmarks from giving birth to three children, and nope, don't wear a bathing suit either. Nothing says you have to wear a skimpy bathing suit...you could do a short set and be fine (tshirt and shorts with a bikini top underneath).

If the guy truly cares about you, that will be one of the things he loves about you. It makes you unique. It also shows that you are a strong woman to have come back from such a horrible relationship.

Easier said than done, but hold your head up high and show the world the real you! I went to school with a girl who had purple (dark purple) birthmarks down the side of her face and arms...she was one of the most popular girls in our class. Not because she was putting out or anything, but just because she was beautiful inside and out. She still is 20+ years later.
 Prixley
Msg: 134
Posted: 11/14/2007 1:39:15 PM
This is a wonderful question. I too have scars which I am still self conscious about. I received permanent stains on my two front teeth from some life saving medication that I had to take when I was 5. I was picked on for it for most of my childhood. To this day I don't like to smile, especially in pictures and when meeting someone new I tend to cover my mouth with my hand sometimes. I also have stretch marks from childbirth, though they're not too bad (only on my hips and upper and inner thighs). I do believe that it's the inside that counts. However I also know human nature. We human beings have our own ideas of what constitutes physical attractiveness. Anyway, thanks so much for posting such a great and important topic!
 kid30
Msg: 135
Posted: 6/8/2008 8:32:37 AM
I have a good number of scars on my arms and men seem to judge me on them,it just shows me how very shallow they are.

I once had a guy tell me "I want to bring home a lady,no a frankenstien" I will never to this day forget that hurtful comment.

Hard to keep your head up when all they see is scars,that's why I hate summer,you can't wear long sleeves.

I really am a good person,if somebody just took the time to look past the outside,I know I am not very pretty but,I have a lot of heart....
 kid30
Msg: 136
Posted: 6/8/2008 8:37:14 AM
sounds like we have been through a lot.... I lost track of how many scars I have on my both arms,all done by my own hand since 13,I thought I was done when I relapsed last Christmas and,guys don't fall for "I used to work on a farm".Even if I try to get the fresh one fixed,it looks bad...I hope I find a man who won't judge me by my past..Though in today's world people are very shallow...
 Stringbeen
Msg: 137
Posted: 6/8/2008 9:16:19 AM

A long time ago my X threw hot water on me. ...
OMG! So sorry that someone actually did that to you.

I have s couple of scars on my right knee cap and foot from a riding accident when a horse fell on me, I was 10 years old. It's never been an issue.
 ~~McLovin~~
Msg: 138
Posted: 12/15/2008 1:40:00 PM
I met a woman over 4 years ago. She was in a very serious car accident, almost died, the scars were huge, I didn't care about the scars, I thought she was very beautiful. She had a great personality and was very pretty in my point of view.

Too bad I lost all contact with her. She was a sweetheart.
 Pleasant Chaos
Msg: 139
Posted: 12/19/2008 9:51:20 PM
I think any guy who gets turned off by women with scars has some emotional scars of his own that he needs to heal. Embrace your scars for they are stories of your life and reminders of everything you have accomplished or are accomplishing.

Peronsally, like most that have posted I have surgery scars all over my body and one that has always gotten people asking me questions (I had open heart at a very young age). Luckily for me, the scar has helped me embrace my imperfections and realize that there are other things more important to worry about and to keep my sense of humor about it all. It has also come to help my dad's ex wife's daughter who was very young and on her 6th heart surgery by the age of 10, she was very selfconscious and when she saw I how handled myself when people asked or stared she became more comfortable with herself. So, if you look at it the right way, you can also become an inspiration to someone else that you come across who may have scars of their own that they are not comfortable with
 katt_411
Msg: 140
Posted: 12/20/2008 9:42:49 AM
It's inner scars all people should be aware of ... the ones on the outside are fun to share stories about.

edit: wow .. I didn't even read ^^^ the previous post when I wrote mine. great minds .. :) <thumbs up>
 jay69jay
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2010 6:46:23 AM
just a few words from my thoughts. wasnt sure how to reply so i just wrote this.
not sure if this post is still read seeing that the last reply was in 2008.

flesh and bone last only for a while
the heart and soul lasts for eternity
the body is just a mere vesel
that carries our heart and soul to our destination
a destination we are all traveling to
the eyes are the windows to the soul
the heart is the soul keeper
when the body has reached its destination
the body opens up
the heart releases the soul
to love and be loved is to share each others heart
to be able to see each other through our eyes
the love between two people strenghthens the soul
so when the time comes the soul will be strong enough to carry on without its vesel and keeper.
then love will have been conquered and achieved
 Captain_Wayne
Msg: 142
Posted: 11/4/2010 6:48:42 AM
You are a sweet looking little critter. I would not care if you only had one leg, I would still kiss you all over.
 eastwood969
Msg: 143
Posted: 11/4/2010 8:07:58 AM
I'm not afraid of scars. I was raised with them. Now I only fear getting old. It is good that you are honest about it but aside from that there are many reasons for people to not get along after they have dated. I know saying don't worry about it cannot ease the way a person thinks but I will say it anyway. I dated a girl that was burned from head to toe but she wasn't fat and she didn't have an attitude and we had great sex so access your positives and get away from the negative people, the perfect people that I wouldn't take the time to shit on.
 misszmsz
Msg: 144
Posted: 11/6/2010 6:56:04 PM
watching family guy and reading about scars.....they just said penile identification was necessary......laughing in the hotel room again.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 145
Posted: 11/6/2010 7:05:41 PM
Consigliori: I am trying to recall it as well-- he had so many quotations they all blend together in my mind.

OP- here are a couple of quotes I like in this vein:

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars. ~ Kahlil Gibran

There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with. ~

There are many sayings in context to a person being scarred/ having scars. Basically, that we have lived a shallow life or haven't lived unless we are scarred. I think that this carries into physical scars as well. I have several scars and they are simply a part of me and my journey through life and are poignant reminders of all of the adventure I have had so far, as well as a few brushes with death.

Consigliori: I think you have it right with the last quote- a man may have no bad habits and have worse-
 AndrewCD
Msg: 146
Posted: 11/10/2010 4:54:04 AM
Scars are tattoos with better stories. Not a turn off for me at all.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >