Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mikey likes it!
Msg: 85
The height question- directed at both females and malesPage 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
At 6' 4", I actually wouldn't mind being a little shorter, but I might feel differently if I actually was... hard to say. It sure is a nuisance buying pants though. Nothing off the rack at the Gap or any of those places are long enough. :-(

When it comes to women I see relationship potential with, I have absolutely no preference. I've dated women in the 6' range, and that's great when it's time to slow dance; it's nice to be able to look into one another's eyes. I've had shorter women complain about their necks hurting when they look up otherwise.

I had a girlfriend that was 5' 0" once, and weighed maybe 100 pounds soaking wet. That was nice for its own reasons... I'm sure I just felt more manly with her in the bedroom because she was so easy to "handle", and I think that worked for her as well. Still, the difference in height definitely messes with the dynamics of sex. I like to kiss during the act, and that was a problem. So score one for the taller girls!
 stay.bamboocha
Msg: 86
The height question- directed at both females and males
Posted: 8/22/2005 6:46:59 AM

I prefer taller also....part of the "feeling of security, girl like" Being taller, guys in my height range are good but more of an equal.

ATTN. women like the one above:
you need to do some serious self-evaluation. it's not another person who can make you feel that way. that's your own self-esteem issue. nobody can make you feel secure and sexy except yourself.
 DevilishAngel79
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/22/2005 9:39:37 AM
this fido person judges alot.

Anyways OT
I am 5'9 well actually more like 5'8 3/4, but ive dated more men that were taller than me. My long term ex being 6'5. I love my height. I never have to ask someone to reach the taller shelf.
Dating shorter men though, they seem to have more of the issue than i do. But it wouldn't stop me from dating someone shorter. Personality is not a height requirement
 stay.bamboocha
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:11:46 PM
this dev person thinks so highly of herself that she blatantly ignored an innocent "hello" message that i sent her about a week ago.
 stay.bamboocha
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:16:56 PM
dude, whining is "omggg why didn't she/don't they return any of my messages when i write them? that's so meeean!"

this is something else bud.
 stay.bamboocha
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:18:25 PM
ain't interest i'm lookin for. just a reciprocal "hello" would be good.
 pepy
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:21:49 PM

Height means nothing ........ when you both are laying down
 CountryChick66
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:30:55 PM
i'm 4'11 so most men are taller than me...height don't matter to me
 DevilishAngel79
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/23/2005 8:27:07 PM
Oh fuck me. I give up. I'm a bitch. Maybe I will get off better that way.
 DevilishAngel79
Msg: 102
Posted: 8/23/2005 8:49:02 PM
Thanks Bobita, I am not liking this target business.

Someone get me barefoot and pregant so i can take myself off this site.
 DevilishAngel79
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/23/2005 8:55:19 PM
Im just tired of explaining myself. I am not a **** or mean but half these dudes that write to me, I'm like where are you coming from..sigh.

Should I wear sandals then?

Edit:
TEA, you didn't even say more than two words to me allw eekend. All talk and no action
 DevilishAngel79
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/23/2005 8:59:01 PM
Tea if only believed that. Unfornutaly I remember the train. going by
Each time lol
 DevilishAngel79
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/23/2005 9:32:33 PM
Thanks DJ :) Thats sweet of you.
 trophyboyfriend
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/11/2005 10:14:00 PM

short hair with pink high lights or blue something exzotic

Aliens. Have you tried them? I'm sure there are plenty where you're from. Check out the area, let me know how it goes.
 CountryChick66
Msg: 123
Posted: 11/20/2005 7:24:23 PM
there is a surgical removal of bone as I had it done on my right leg in 1991....
 myfairmaiden
Msg: 127
Posted: 11/20/2005 9:09:06 PM
I prefer guys to be taller than myself which isn't hard to do. I really don't like little guys physically. I guess I have a problem dating someone who I think is frail. Big, strong, tall and protective that's the way I like 'em.
 Tuff Roxy
Msg: 131
Posted: 11/20/2005 9:19:32 PM
Oh you did last night!! That's for sure...
8.5% I like 'em tall!!
 DreamerĀ®
Msg: 133
Posted: 11/20/2005 9:24:11 PM
hey what about us short chicks?!?!
 Tuff Roxy
Msg: 135
Posted: 11/20/2005 9:26:27 PM
Party In Your Pants (or skirt in your case)

I love short women named Dreamer, and tall ones named Plan B
 Missy
Msg: 143
Posted: 11/21/2005 11:53:50 AM
I like bigger men, then I look smaller :) so that makes sense BigPapaG, it also makes me feel 'protected'.
 Mobiledj
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2008 12:44:01 PM
Think your too short ... try being 5' 5"
 IncognitoGuido
Msg: 147
Posted: 4/3/2008 1:33:26 PM
OMG I just had the funniest memory that relates to all this.

One of my childhood friends and his brother came to the coast to visit a few years ago and I tool them out to a party for one of my employees that was leaving the company.
The soon to be ex-employee was an attractive young girl who was fairly tall (5'8 - 5'9) and my buddy is fairly short.

After much alcohol we went outside where the nasty dirty awful smokers go and my buddy was goofing off and ran into the ex-employee...head down..

LOL, guess what he said after banging his head into this girls midsection...

"HOLY SH*T YOU HAVE A REALLY HIGH CROTCH!"
 JaYnEy_
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2008 8:55:51 PM
i like tall guys....6ft or taller.....im 5'8" in flats....and very rarely wear flats.....i have a thing for heels lol.......for me its not the appearance of the height difference if im taller than the guy.....its the feel of it.....i like to be able to rest my head on a mans chest or shoulder without having to slouch down to do it.......there is a feeling of "security" (for lack of the right word) that comes from being with a guy who is taller than me.....
 Fletchelives
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2008 11:04:45 PM
I'd love to find a woman taller than me, think it would be a blast. All my life i have always had women shorter than myself. But considering i'm 6 ft 9 in tall I guess that's control by a hIGheR power.
 Fishfancy
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2008 12:47:20 AM
Height has nothing to do with the person inside......I am 5'9 and dated lots of men shorter than me....dated the same size and taller....height doesnt seem to matter to me...but weight does.....I wont date obese...cant....if you were born big....I can handle it....but if you have eaten yourself into the shape you are....NO WAY:(

So Ya ....Height Is Not an issue...I actually like the smaller men....usually better in bed for some reason...lol

After Reading more posts on this subject I notice alot of the girly women(no offence) prefer a man that is taller for a sense of security...to lay their head on the mans chest....

See I think that is where the difference lies...I am not a girly woman...I am tough and dominating and strong...I don't like the tall guys trying to protect me and coddle me...it makes me really uncomfortable....I like the guys my height or shorter because I consider us equals and like to be on equal terms with my guy....I don't feel the need to be taken care of .......or lay my head on my mans chest (and laying down height doesn't matter and that's where I would lay my head on his bare yummy chest:))

It sounds like the tall guys (5'9 & over) are a hot commodity......yup I'll stick with the scrappy smaller ones...lmao...
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >