Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 71
Big men, tiny womenPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Whats big...I'm 5'6"....185lbs...solid.....to all my friends I'm very big"smiling"....

Ladies..are saying they have never dated guys under 6' / I have never seen that many guys in middle school (7-8) let alone high school that were over 6'.....

I don't date women with large heads ....height is not a problem...
 deerdog1
Msg: 72
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 8/30/2012 1:26:24 PM
i like chubby chicks ..i break little things
 aintnodeal
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 7/8/2016 7:48:13 PM
I'm slightly tall, and I used to be thin, now I have a gut. I've always preferred very thin or petite women. I like busty or curvy women, too, but petite women just spin my head around like no others! From what I have seen, most petite women absolutely love tall men - I don't mean large in the gut, I mean over six-feet and beyond TALL.

I've dated women of all races and sizes, but all of my girlfriends have been petite. I think that's telling me something...
 south_city
Msg: 74
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 7/9/2016 5:32:50 PM
I have seen some thin women with big men. But in my experience, these men ( in general ) had more muscle with some extra body fat instead of being obese or significantly overweight.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 7/10/2016 1:16:01 PM

I am a small woman & I love big/tall men, over 6 foot. I am not attracted to little man at all. The package attracts & the personality keeps.

You're under 5 foot and need guys to be over 6 foot (or close to it for actual need)? That's setting the ideal line of a guy being at least Over a foot taller than you, and just a foot taller than you would be compromising to some degree at least. Yikes. :)

A guy who's noticeably the short guy in the bar would still usually be at least a half foot taller than ya -- which is definitely enough for someone like you to feel encapsulated. I can understand if he's skinny on top of that, when compared to other guys, he'll feel too much like a "little man", and it'll take away from things. But there's no shortage of guys who are noticeably below average height who have more than your average Joe's muscle & athleticism... just as there's no shortage of guys who are above average height who aren't athletic and don't have much muscularity.

I agree that the package attracts & the personality keeps (although sometimes it doesn't take a great personality for it to keep). It's unfortunate your taste's so limited. Many gals will be a little less attracted to guys 9+ inches taller than she, after her dating guys being 3-6 inches taller than she... and thru experience knowing that height alone doesn't give necessarily give much advantage of protection... and realizing it's actually quite comfortable kissing (and more) a guy who's just merely taller than her, as opposed to a flight of stairs higher. :)
 dearrancher
Msg: 76
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 7/10/2016 5:52:17 PM
^^^ Why would you care what tuns this little lady on? We are attracted to who we are attracted to - tall, thin, blonde, fat, short, bald. What ever turns you on. Lots of petit woman are attracted to tall men and vice versa. Your arguments ^^^ seem juvenile.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 7/10/2016 6:01:41 PM
I do agree that the big tall guys should only go for big tall gals, but that is not the way it is, often.
Women are attracted to men taller than they in general and most men like women to be smaller than they are.
But when I see more than a foot difference in height and twice the weight, I wonder how the gals manage.....if you get what I mean.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 7/10/2016 7:31:53 PM

^^^ Why would you care what tuns this little lady on?

I never implied I had any deep caring about it. I was pointing out that that's very far out on the taste-scale beyond merely liking taller guys or even requiring them to be taller than them in super-high heels. Why are you caring so much I point that out? :)

We are attracted to who we are attracted to - tall, thin, blonde, fat, short, bald.

Yes, but it varies, and sometimes our tastes can be limiting us, or in other situations leading us in bad directions that don't end up being so attractive in the end (like personality types that initially draw us in). In the latter situation or the former when the limiting is quite high -- yeah, it's worth noting is all.

Lots of petit woman are attracted to tall men and vice versa.

Nothing wrong with that. I never implied that basic concept was. To clarify, I was expressing that I hope it's not such a stringent 'bar' and why it'd be not in one's best interest... as a gal who's 5'4" whose tastes are limiting herself to guys over 6'5" without compromise would certainly raise an eyebrow to those wishing her the best. That's the same height differential she's looking for. Just as it'd be a shame if a guy who was over 6 foot only wanted to date girls under 5 foot without a compromise. I just hope she can more than happy with a guy who's just several inches under 6 foot, is all.

Your arguments ^^^ seem juvenile.

How it is juvenile, specifically? If a friend of mine who's over 6 foot said he only dates girls under 5 foot -- and I pointed out how that's limiting his options too much and he should think about that -- who would you think the random observer would more label 'juvenile' to?
 dearrancher
Msg: 79
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 7/11/2016 7:16:05 AM
If you frind said he only wanted to date redheads he would be limiting his search, and I'm sure he knows that. So if your over 6 foot friend is attracted to petite women, he is also aware that it limits his search. So what. We all have things that limit our search. I would think that you would have found this out by now, you chat like your some sort of expert. If your 6 foot friend wants a 5 foot petite redhead, why should he settle for a 5'9" brunette?? Why would you counsel him to look for someone he's not attracted to? Your opinion in what cranks his tractor should mean SFA. Find what and who you are attracted to. And you know what, a foot of difference in height makes no difference when laying in bed.
 south_city
Msg: 80
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 7/11/2016 7:41:08 AM
In my viewpoint, sometimes having very rigid height requirements ( which is different than a height preference ) can be counter productive. In particular when a man matches the woman's other requirements. A short woman wanting a very tall man probably couldn't tell the difference if a man is 5' 10" instead of 6 ft tall.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 7/11/2016 8:17:30 AM

If you frind said he only wanted to date redheads he would be limiting his search, and I'm sure he knows that.

True. And it'd be one thing if he was like "Ya know, I want to find a Really Short girl... like under 5 foot or something," that would be fine. People go a certain mood/phase like that. But if I see him blowing off real cute gals after saying that, I'd say something to make him aware. Replace sub-5-foot with redheads, too.

So if your over 6 foot friend is attracted to petite women, he is also aware that it limits his search. So what. We all have things that limit our search.

A more relative term -- but the same goes there. And to clarify, for any category for anyone, if they're bumping into many of said types all the time, then yeah -- it's a "so what". It's when it becomes a hardened line and is more than just what you'll find in natural attraction about boys & girls. A slender gal or a guy with an athletic build -- that's not really limiting. Very different than a 6'2" friend who's only wanting a gal who's under 5'2" -- which is where the eyebrows get raised.

If your 6 foot friend wants a 5 foot petite redhead, why should he settle for a 5'9" brunette??

If he wants a 5-foot-or-shorter redhead only -- he wouldn't be "settling" when it comes to gal over 5 foot and not a redhead. That's the point.

Why would you counsel him to look for someone he's not attracted to?

It's not exactly that... more to shake-the-tree as he'd be limiting himself far too much. Kinda like the gal who wants a "bad boy", and ends up getting in horrible dating scenarios treated like sh!t, dumped, etc all the time. Why tell her to go after someone she's not attracted to? If a friend only wanted 5-foot-or-lower redheads... hey, if he's doing great, great. Whatever it is. However, that's a big IF in that case when it's so narrow like that, without any natural reason for it.

And you know what, a foot of difference in height makes no difference when laying in bed.

I think Hawking should tell gals that he's talking to at the bar. :) But by that rationale, a gal shouldn't want guys 1 foot+ taller than her anyway, or guys wanting a gal 1 foot+ shorter.

In my viewpoint, sometimes having very rigid height requirements ( which is different than a height preference ) can be counter productive.

I agree. In a nutshell, my eyebrow raising was more like a "I hope that's merely preference that's not getting in the way," as opposed to something that's pretty much a requirement.

A short woman wanting a very tall man probably couldn't tell the difference if a man is 5' 10" instead of 6 ft tall.

Great point. A gal under 5 foot that's extremely short probably can't, and it's a reflection of being attracted to the concept more than anything.
 dearrancher
Msg: 82
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 7/11/2016 3:17:55 PM
^^^ Sucking the marrow from the bone again and pretty much boring.

People are attracted to who they are attracted to and it's not up to us to point out that WE think THEY are wrong. That is something idiots do, not friends.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 7/12/2016 8:41:23 AM

Sucking the marrow from the bone again and pretty much boring.

I'm actually quite concise to what you have issues with to make it clear. Boring? That's fine. It's not a comic strip. :)

People are attracted to who they are attracted to and it's not up to us to point out that WE think THEY are wrong.

It's a forum thread about differences of attraction. It's a reasonable platform to point out where someone would be highly limiting themselves against their best interest unless they are in fact getting what they want. This isn't a platform about honor or duty of "up to us". It is a platform to express where someone may be going wrong against their best interest or interest of others, in relation to the topic (or very great as an example to follow).

That is something idiots do, not friends.

I disagree. I believe it's the other way around. It's beyond a mere purely relativistic taste issue in the long run if it's too skewed. Friends at least contribute to awareness when their friends' immediate taste issues are too far in left field and isn't working in their own best interest.
 reintree
Msg: 85
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 7/13/2016 12:07:15 PM
"" It is a platform to express where someone may be going wrong against their best interest or interest of others, in relation to the topic (or very great as an example to follow).""

I might agree to a little tiny extent. There is a big difference in telling your friend when they might be choosing the wrong woman, ie., "maybe stay away from that gal, she has a criminal record for assault, robbery and grand theft auto and has 8 kids she hasn't mentioned" and "she might be a little on the short side".

Dating a short/tall person is the same as dating a blonde/brunette/redhead/chubby/skinny person. Nothing life threatening or strange about these choices. You going to tell you friend "don't date that fat chick, you're average and she's fat and you will look stupid together"?? And if you do tell your friend something like this, you're either not all that bright or you're not a friend.
 hemingway234
Msg: 86
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 7/13/2016 3:14:31 PM

The inner person? Gee, why didn't I think of that...

I was asking for opinions on what people like in the size of a mate., not criticism for my personal taste in women. We all know that inner beauty is important, and I require this in a mate as well, but the outer beauty is just as important. I want someone that I'm attracted to physically, and you have no place to judge me for that.

I'm not Shallow Hal, I don't need a hypno-spell from Tony Robbins to make me appreciate inner beauty.

- If we were not shallow, there would be no need for dating sites....... we could all just marry the ugly girl down the street and call it a day.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 7/13/2016 5:31:16 PM
hemingway
and I guess the pretty gal would marry the ugly guy down the street also. It is not shallow to be attracted to those who are perceived as attractive as they have healthier genes with more symmetry of face and body. However money seems to override that a lot with some women who marry the ugly guy and breed with them. However, plastic surgery can correct a lot of faults, right!!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 7/13/2016 8:29:39 PM

- If we were not shallow, there would be no need for dating sites....... we could all just marry the ugly girl down the street and call it a day.

Although it wouldn't be quite as simple as that, I agree it would make things easier, if we weren't "shallow" by picky people's definitions. "Shallow" as in caring about looks, caring about status (financial status would mean less in picking middle-class-up; expenditure problems would exist a lot less for potential fights), and other things as well. Of course, if that were the case, the whole world would be skewed compared to the present. The human race would probably be sexual deviants with a good sense of money management. No differences on looks beyond cleanliness & health... no inner or outer social pressure preventing one from hooking up with "that? really?" nor any concern about status/popularity as a blockade.

So it kind of brings up the question: Is being high-schoolish shallow in terms of popularity and looks grouping (which isn't restricted to high school), or is not caring about looks or status/popularity/image, thus more sexually liberal shallow (before you've found someone with depth)?
 Lordbenji
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 10/20/2016 8:06:38 PM
I wish you could tell that to my college.
It's crazy there
 Lordbenji
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 10/20/2016 8:13:02 PM
It could I mean, I don't think I'm a odd looking guy
Every now and then I get joker thinking I'm a girl.
But you do have to think what happens to the ugly and fugly people you know?
 aintnodeal
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 10/21/2016 4:36:02 PM

A short woman wanting a very tall man probably couldn't tell the difference if a man is 5' 10" instead of 6 ft tall.

These women are short, they are not BLIND. Do you think they can't tell the difference between a man who's 170 lbs. and one who's 200 lbs? Do you think they can't see the color of a man's hair on his head? That's all idiotic.

The first time they meet she is not going to be standing under his chin - they will be some distance apart, and she can compare his height to others around him - JUST LIKE EVERYONE ON EARTH DOES.
 south_city
Msg: 92
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 10/22/2016 11:33:25 AM

These women are short, they are not BLIND. Do you think they can't tell the difference between a man who's 170 lbs. and one who's 200 lbs? Do you think they can't see the color of a man's hair on his head? That's all idiotic.

The first time they meet she is not going to be standing under his chin - they will be some distance apart, and she can compare his height to others around him - JUST LIKE EVERYONE ON EARTH DOES.

Different hair color or a 30 lbs is usually lot more obvious difference than 1-2 inches. Unless a short woman knows the height of people that he is standing next to, I don't think she can determine his exact height simply by comparing him to someone else.

door frames in the UK are 6ft 4 high usually. yes we can tell your height.

i was once taller than a '5ft 10' guy in my wedges (they're less than 2 inches high). we really aren't e]stupid.

In order for you with heels for to be taller than a man that claimed to be 5' 10", he must have lied about height by several inches. Not just 1-2 inches. I can't speak for door frames in the UK. But I have seen door frames of various heights in the US. That wouldn't really help me determine height.

If I see a very short woman, I can't tell if she is exactly 5 ft tall or 4' 10" or 5' 1". That was my point.
 SissyAlot
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 11/8/2016 7:50:10 AM
I am a petite 5 ft.0 in. woman and I love tall, slim men. (especially with long hair)
Where can I find one? Please!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 11/9/2016 2:23:25 AM
The tiny petite women who prefers the very tall guy can have all sorts of problems when she becomes pregnant.
I know more than one tiny woman who has had a great deal of difficulty with a larger baby than she really can handle.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 11/11/2016 12:30:10 PM
I like slim men who have hair. No shave or bald men and I state this in my profile, and I get called" crazy" for saying that. I am short and slim. We all have the right to like what we like and what appeals to each of us.
 Lordbenji
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Big men, tiny women
Posted: 11/11/2016 6:40:11 PM
I guess you can be in trouble when you don't fit into that
6 foot range in my town, I reason I'm still single ha ha :)
Who know maybe I'll find a 2 or 3 foot woman, then I'll seem tall :) I look at my picture of Tom Cruse every day. Manlet's unite :)
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >