Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tick Tock
Msg: 36
is it wrong 2 get rid of a guy for snoringPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^ Sensitive, aren't we?
 jim6928
Msg: 38
is it wrong 2 get rid of a guy for snoring
Posted: 8/25/2005 7:58:56 PM
if the lovin's been good enough you should both be so tired you both fall asleep straight away anyways- until the morning- when you can try again..............
 shadowgirl58
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/27/2005 9:42:24 AM
WEll that is just the opposite of one that snores aloud and at night..two snorers can sleep well 2gether after sex-lol I am a light sleeper so I would have to fall asleep first-lol-yet with someone like one that needs professional help for their sleeping condition-nasal sprays aren't the solution they need a sleep mask if they have apnea, etc. I caN'T hear myself snore but I could surely hear him-and since they that have that condition sleep very little, that is why the quieter snorer is woke up constantly by the deep snorer! Early on in our relationsship I would leave and go home for rest..then i got used to it-with the help of a sleep aide, but with my light snoring>Then he decided he couldn't get any sleep and maybe I should just go home so we had to part company-duh..he had the severe problem and needed the doctor..he's prob. still single. I wouldn't break up with someone because of the snoring..that's ridiculous- that's why beds are sold and two bedrm places! If that is the only reason or thing you have on him as an excuse to leave him-I feel for him truly...
 Tick Tock
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/28/2005 3:37:23 AM
i snore
 berrysweetncgurl
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/30/2005 11:40:30 PM
that is my biggest pet peeve too, this guy actually lived with me a couple of years ago, we were dating but I made him sleep in another bedroom

WE didnt wind up sticking together b/c I like having someone beside me when I fall asleep. My boyfriend is very comapssionate now with the whole "snoring" peeve...He doesnt snore all that bad but has made me aware of my "sawing logs." lol so anyway if you really like the guy you will try a couple of different things, but if worse comes to worse, look at the situation and ask yourself if you think you will be with him for the rest of your life....if not, get over the snoring, its not a every night thing (unless you marry him,then you will be the fool for marrying someone with an obvious charachter flaw to you

Dayuum Im rambling...k..............
 radiojim
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2005 10:40:23 PM
very COOL!!!! I wanna snore at SWEETIIE'S house!!!!
 Tick Tock
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/1/2005 11:46:31 PM
^ Hey indigo, you're one of the better posters for a double XX. Cheers! Keep up the good work!
 registerme
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/2/2005 12:05:47 AM
I snore and I wear ear plugs so I don't hear anybody complaining about my snoring
 Tick Tock
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/2/2005 12:24:11 AM
Haha! Very funny, indigo! I meant that you are one X short of a triple X naughty girl but you have your two X chromosones in all the right places - and, in spite of that, you are a pretty cool person to boot! How's that for a compliment? Very rare for me to say something nice.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 51
Posted: 9/2/2005 11:42:06 AM
Thanks, Indigo... I'm much better now!
 :
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2005 4:23:46 AM
I am a very light sleeper, I actualy did have a girlfriend who snored and I did have to wear ear plugs... It was a challenge, I had to experiment with different kinds of ear plugs until I found the right kind. Finaly she had to wake me up every morning because I couldn't hear the alarm clock.
 passionfly
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/13/2005 4:16:57 AM

I'd say its a good reason. I would dump a guy if he was a bad eater. Biggest pet peeve is poeple who eat loudly, chew with their mouths open or talk with their mouths full. Any guy who does gets sent packing lol.

your such a dope for thinking this way...imagine all the sabatoge a women like this does to her own happiness
 passionfly
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/13/2005 4:19:58 AM
lol.......... hmmmmmm I have encountered this problem.. would I leave him no ..... but if a good kick the a$$ didnt wake him enough to stop snorin I'd just crawl up on his face and wiggle around awhile...... that would shut him up lmaooooooooo

now THAT is how u handle an annoying situation, I would have to learn how to snore in a case like this LOL
 techgirl27
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2005 3:49:36 PM
This is how I feel about it.

If you've only just found out, no.

If you have been suffering a long time, and repeatedly asked him to try to do what he can to overcome it, and he wont, then you have to decide where your values are. Is it hampering you (losing sleep and hurting your career or relations with others), then you have to decide if it is worth it or not to stay.

The quick answer is no, but as with any issue that the person refuses to address, you have a decision to make.
 prolibertate
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/29/2005 7:59:31 PM

i was dating this guy * he snored LOUD and CRAZY* i couldnt stand it* i slept at his house one time and i had 2 get up and go 2 my own house* lol i wanna get rid of him because of this problem* hes a real good guy but the snorin bothers me

We ALL snore at one time or another...many things make one snore; it could be allergies, cinus problems, smoking, alcohol, etc. If he has the other good qualities you're looking for, why would one bad one make you want to get rid of him? There are many things on the market today to help people stop snoring...I'd look into those first before getting rid of him simply for snoring.

One question though...you said "I was dating this guy" and then you said "I wanna get rid of him"...are you still dating him or not?
 LovesSunshine
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/1/2005 7:41:47 PM
I was married to a guy who snored like a chainsaw for 13 years. It made me tired because I cound not sleep. I tried to roll him over. I'd sneek out to sleep on the couch. he'd get mad. I tried ear plugs but it was too loud. It made him grouchy because I was always waking him up he said. He was waking himself up and me. We ended up in seperate rooms. We ended up divorced. He got a sleep apnea operation so his next girl would not leave and so he would feel better. I snore now! OH NO! And my boyfriend says if he just pinches me on the nipple a little bit I stop every time stretch out and snuggle up to him and he thinks that is just great and a little funny.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/25/2006 1:14:00 AM
^ My ex would just push me onto my side and I guess I would stop snoring. It's close to that time when my head should hit the pillow....so here's to snoring..
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/17/2008 4:11:07 PM
Snorign cna be corrected they got stips, and syrups and the like. i got other pet peeves such as people wjho chew with their mouths open. its gross.
 fancynanci
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2008 9:44:21 AM
Just go to Big 5 and buy super duper ear plugs.
 jf468
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/18/2008 11:07:35 AM
If his snoring is bothering you, then try to find a solution for it. Maybe nose strips, ear plugs, changing his sleeping position, or taking some medication can reduce the snoring. If that doesn't work, then take him to a doctor. He might have sleep apnea or some similiar disease.
 chickalina
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2008 11:22:33 AM
If you really loved him you could buy those nose strips to help him stop snoring. If not do what I did after being married for 40 years - got my own room. Now I just shut the door and go night night. Course if it a new relationship that isn't going to work so I would go for the truth and tell him and then present him with the strips.
 11596chris
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/18/2008 3:04:32 PM
Go to Walmart and get some ear plugs they work great and they are cheap
 6dutchman6
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/18/2008 9:29:14 PM
No because if you can't handle it, you can't handle it

however....... did you try to work with him to find a cure for his snoring

It's only wrong if you just up an left without trying...... because honestly snoring isn't the WORSE thing in the world

theres drinking, gambling, etc, etc
 sweetlady39
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:42:58 PM
I had a relationship with a guy who snored badly and I slept in ear plugs when I slept over at his house or mine..if you really like the guy don't give up, get a solution...

Sweetlady39
 lucilou
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 5:08:38 PM
Dont you have any other excuse in leaving this guy? Or the snoring is just icing in the cake to get rid of him? He will get hurt by just leaving him with out letting him know the reason. Be nice , what turns around comes around. :
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >