Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Tatoos on a women turn on or turn off      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sweetkisser69
Msg: 276
Tatoos on a women turn on or turn offPage 12 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
i think u should grow up this is the year 2009 and everyone got tattoos they are a form of art thats all arse holes
 Vincent_1984
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Tattoos on a women turn on or turn off
Posted: 5/13/2009 10:44:16 AM
They are a turn off for me, although not really enough for me to turn down someone because of it. I love the female form and tattoos kind of just distract away from the natural beauty. They eventually start fading and stretch out as their owners grow older. Some of them can be poorly done, misspelled or end up having completely different meanings than what you originally thought. Peoples taste for them will also change over time (Including yours).

Now don't get me wrong, I love art. Body painting or small tattoos can look pretty cool at first, but permanent skin discoloration isn't something I'm interested in. If you want to express yourself somehow then write a blog, buy a t-shirt or if you really want to use your skin as canvas: use something that will eventually come off without scarring.

jarbarian2
Msg: 278
Tattoos on a women turn on or turn off
Posted: 5/13/2009 8:02:38 PM
Not for me. Maybe a small one but for the most part, I don't find them attractive at all.

But, it doesn't matter what I think. It's her body to do what she wants to do with it.
 minako79
Msg: 279
Tatoos on a women turn on or turn off
Posted: 5/15/2009 9:21:29 PM
a few ones are okay and if done tastefully.

i've always wanted a chinese character symbolozing hope in my upper arms.
 terri368
Msg: 280
Posted: 5/22/2009 12:13:49 AM
I think there are tasteful tattoos and there are those that arent. To each their own.

I have one on the inner left calf that is in the shape of an open heart... the outline of the heart is all of my childrens names. I didnt get it until January of this year and its my very first one. I know that its not some kind of design I will regret when Im 80 years old.. Everyone that has seen it always comments how beautiful it is and how cool it is to have my childrens names.

GoofBall311
Msg: 281
Posted: 5/22/2009 2:04:45 AM
Tattoos don't really matter, they are just decoration.
 fastdogphotog
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2009 4:55:15 AM
In general, definite turn on, but not enough to overcome a bad personality, different values, etc. which are far more important.
 mako20
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2009 3:16:06 PM
Not a big fan of tatoos on a woman may be a small one out of sight...each to there own its there body!!!!
 EdwardnotCullen!
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2009 8:36:35 PM
As long as both arms, legs and head aren't sleeved, they are damn sexy on a woman.
 Bane3112
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2010 8:42:49 PM
Definitely turn on for me. Certain areas I don't like.

And yeah, who gives a F what they look like when you are old. At this point, everyone in the nursing home will have wrinkley tattoos. I'll just be happy if I can control my own bowels, I certainly won't be concerned with my looks.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 286
Posted: 2/18/2010 8:41:06 AM
I have ink, and it would be hypocritical of me to not want a woman with some...but I do think there's a limit to how much you can have without it looking trashy, and everyone has their own preference...personally not into women with sleeves or half sleeves....also depends on the tats...some big ones i've seen (entire back was a cherub) are nice and others are nasty.
 Radium_Girl
Msg: 287
Posted: 2/18/2010 3:17:53 PM
If a tatoo is done in the form of artwork and not just a drawing it can look good, I mean the lines and shading have to be perfect.. also it depends on where they are, what they mean and who its on, I think tat's are sexy but hey that just my personal opinion....
 marybeth
Msg: 288
Posted: 2/19/2010 9:33:08 AM
well, to you tattoos might be ''unbelievably ugly or trashy" but to that person who has the ink, its something they really really enjoy looking at. I have 10 tattoos. I love my ink. Granted I got them all with in 6 mos of being 18 and in the military. i have no effing clue why i got "redrum" with shotguns behind it and shells on my arm. but i look at it, and i love it, i love how it was done, i love the colors. it's unique. and you dont see alot of people with the ink that i have.
 Mitch529
Msg: 289
Posted: 2/25/2010 5:06:42 PM
Well it's not a turn on, but I don't yet know how much or what kind would be a turn off.
 Ron429
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2010 10:07:17 AM
Definitely a turn-off. I view them as cheap and trashy, and hey what kind of a woman needs to mar up her body with graphics to satisfy some primitive desire she has to show that she is different from everybody else. Sailors traditionally tattoo themselves for centuries, but ladies did not. Why? Women who tattoo themselves are falling in with the common female mystiques that are prevalent these days, they all yearn secretly to be male or have a set of male genitalia. Do they wear jeans and slacks? Yes, do men wear bras and dresses?No. Do they demand to be on ships, airplanes, serve in combat? Yes. Do they want everything males have possessed and/or traditionally been? Yes. So, tattoos now are included because they represent what is traditionally male, and our ladies now want everything connected with maleness.
 skymaninnc
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2010 11:07:53 AM
Tatoos are just like anything else. I would never judge a person by whether they have tattoos any more than I would judge them for having children or no college degree. To me, what is inside the person is what is really important. Values such as honesty, trustworthiness, being a great communicator are what attracts me to a woman. I don't have any tattoos, but I think it might be kind of fun to go with my partner and get something small together...
 tattooedjadey
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2010 10:05:55 AM
i have big ink pieces. & im amazing :)
ive never had any problems with guys not liking me because im unique. why would a guy want a girl that looks like everyone else anyways, ill never understand that. :)
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 293
Posted: 5/16/2010 7:44:58 AM
The problem with all fashion trends that start out as a statement of rebellion or your own personal style is that once the majority is doing it the initial appeal disappears and the fashion trend fades. The way this particular fashion trend is going more women will have tatoos than will not so the unique ones will become the ones without tatoos. Ever notice how tatoos look like bad bruises from a distance. Women make themselves unique with thier hair make up clothing etc etc etc and they can and do change these things with amazing frequency to fit thier mood the occasion and the fashion at the time. Many women have a hard time deciding what to wear for a particular occasion so I have a hard time understanding how they could decide on something to wear for the rest of thier lives.
 TheRoad78
Msg: 294
Posted: 5/16/2010 5:30:40 PM
I love tattoos on women!

Well, when I have five of my own, I guess it goes hand in hand...
 TheyCallMeAngie
Msg: 295
Posted: 5/16/2010 6:44:29 PM
A sexy woman can take anything and make it sexy, it all depends on the girl, and her style :)

I have one fair sized one that is very meaningful to me, that can be completely concealed at will. But the reactions Ive gotten for it have been more than good.

Angie
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 296
Posted: 5/17/2010 6:24:16 AM
large tattoos are a huge turnoff, but tiny ones are not that bad.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 297
Posted: 5/17/2010 8:50:20 AM
I consider tattoos like art and music and practically just about everything else.
It's a personal preference. If people want to have them, I have no problem with that...
if they don't...thats okei as well. If you don't like people with tattoos...simply don't
date them.

I have to laugh at the people that insist it would be embarassing to their grand children
or whatever should they someday see grammy or grampy in the nursing home with
saggy tattoos. I'm pretty sure anyone who has made it to the ripe old age of 80 or 90
and is still cruising around the halls of the nursing home, rarely if ever rues the
day they got their tat. There are certainly other things to think about or even worry
about. And to those that do feel it was a mistake...I'm sure it wasn't their first or last
mistake and somehow they managed to rise above it and move on.

I'll admit I don't get the idea of tattooing your entire body, but then I don't get
a lot of things...and in the end it's really not up to me to get it. What's up to me is
to make my own choices and to choose whether or not to know someone based on
those choices.

And yes, I have one small tattoo and I plan on someday maybe getting another one.
It's just not really top of my agenda at the moment, but it hovers in the background
of my mind.
 TheArmyLife
Msg: 298
Posted: 5/17/2010 9:05:16 AM

why would a guy want a girl that looks like everyone else anyways, ill never understand that. :)

Because so many women have tattoos that women who do not have tattoos are the unique minority.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 299
Posted: 5/17/2010 10:15:36 AM
Tattoos seem in direct contradiction to the growing obsession with plastic surgury or the make up industry where some women are attempting to achieve some ideal or flawless appearance or just trying to remain youthful looking. Getting tattoos can be looked at as bad planning for your later years if you fall in with the youthful and fashion obsessed . The cost to remove a tattoo could buy that perky look or a little nip here and a tuck there later in life.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 300
Posted: 5/17/2010 10:02:07 PM
Tattooedgymrat

I sincerely hope you will be happy will all your tattoos until the day you die and if not I hope you can afford to have them removed. Then again there is always the belt sander.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Tatoos on a women turn on or turn off