Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 meanweener
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Tatoos on a women turn on or turn offPage 3 of 43    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
not into 'em myself,, like I told my ex-girlfriend, get a giraffe on your chest and while you're young and perky it looks like it's eatin' from a tree, when you get old and saggy it'll look llike it's eatin' from the ground
 meanweener
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Tatoos on a women turn on or turn off
Posted: 9/3/2006 8:34:30 PM
ha ha,, they may be squinty by now, maybe it's time for a cover-up that looks like bifocals
 dwnazzbytch02
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2006 10:31:35 PM
i think tatoos are a beutiful piece of art no matter what. i personally have 4 and i have 2 piercings. life is all about expressing ur self. and if ppl cant accept u for who u are then they need to go somewhere else. its whats inside that counts and makes the person not the ink or piercings on her body.

and as far as what my grandkids would think first they would say cool and then who really cares its ur body and ur decision

so females with tats and/or piercings rock on
 bigmanharley
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/5/2006 6:40:20 PM
i have over10 tats . on women they can be very sexy. it can be big turn on look how hot lita from wwe looks nice tat on arm.
 ima_gin
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/5/2006 6:56:06 PM
I think they are great. They can definitely be sexy. I don't mind a woman having some tats on her. I hope she doesn't mind mine! In my opinion, anyone who judges or hates on people just because of some ink on their skin, is very shallow and closed-minded. It's art and should be appreciated as much as the rest of her skin should be, but slightly more :)
 lola_ca
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/8/2006 8:58:38 PM
I personally have six tattoos (the last 2 being added today) each one means something significant and I doubt that I will ever forget the reasoning behind them nor will I regret the fact that I got them done.

I do agree that some people take tattooing a little far....and the dolphins and butterflies are totally unoriginal.....alot of people are just getting tattoos just for the sake of getting tattooed. BUT that should not reflect on those who get them as a form of art or symbolism in life changing (or tributes)
 sparticuss
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/9/2006 5:22:25 AM
Forget the tatoos

A guy is turned on by a woman who likes sex. A woman who likes guys. A woman who isn't worried if the guy isn't the perfect lover because she enjoys sex so much that even a 3rd rate lover is still adequate.

A guy is turned off by an ice queen. Who doesn't like sex and who barely tolerates guys. Who uses any, and every excuse to skip sex both before and after mariage. Who expects unconditional love from her bf but fails to deliver anything to him.
A girl who values the feelings and opinions of her mum, her girlfriends, minor aquaintinaces, and even total strangers who spout garbage from the idiot box, ahead of her man.

What was the issue again? Tattoos?? No issue at all. One way or the other.
 todreamandbelieve
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/9/2006 7:50:15 AM
The whole deal with tattoos is an interesting one. I mean if you asked me about liking a guy with a ton of tattoos..i would say ...no. Then I just happened to be on youtube watching a new video from my friend Pete. It clicked in my head. Pete is covered in tattoos. Arms, back and probaby legs. I like Pete and think he's absolutely awesome. If he was interested I'd date him in two seconds flat. Hmmm
Guess personality is really the key - well that and the fact that I love a guy with a good smile ..tattoos or not.

As for a girl with a tat..I don't date girls so it's irrelevant to me ..but..I think I would be more inclined to ask the girl why she has the tattoo or tattoos she has. Sometimes girls can be stupid and they get them because its the "in" thing to do and they think it looks sexy. That to me is the stupidest thing ever. I don't have any tattoos but I do have a one being designed. I'm 33 years old and I finally decided on what I wanted - and no it won't be some big tattoo ..but it will be an important one. It will have a huge meaning to me and that is the reason I'm doing it.
 ima_gin
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/9/2006 11:41:23 AM
I don't see why people think every tat needs to have "meaning", or it's no good... A lot of you claim to have meanings for all of your body art. What does everyone have tats with their kids names? Chinese writing for "peace and love" maybe? Or big hearts with "MOM" in the middle? lol. I don't think there needs to be a special reason for every tattoo. I like all of them...but then again, I consider graffiti art too.
 BSUgal85
Msg: 64
Posted: 9/9/2006 3:50:59 PM
I just recently got my first tattoo, and while I'll probably not get another one, I think it's up to the person to decide this stuff. Probably just repeating stuff everyone else has said, but I got a tribal design across my lower back, and I don't think of myself as "trashy" or a "slut." I can show it off, or hide it, and no one would know. The last date I went on, I had it covered up, not because I was ashamed, he knew I had it, but because I wanted to wear a certain shirt that happened to be longer.
My tattoo means something to me, it's personal, and it kinda shows that I'm outgoing and sometimes wild, but that's just my personality. And to all the guys who WOULDN'T date someone with tattoos, I probably wouldn't want to date them anyways, because they probably couldn't handle my friends, all of whom are pretty unorthodox themselves, although none of them have tattoos, to the best of my knowledge.
Good luck to everyone in their quest for love!
~Kim
 jpneok
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/9/2006 3:59:04 PM
I think by a certain age, people should be past the age where they think they have to express themselves through self mutilation to "show" that they are outgoing - if you're outgoing, BE outgoing, don't pay someone carve up and grafitti your skin. But I agree its a personal preference on both ends and its best if someone that doesn't like tattoos knows that someone they are talking to has one (and vice versa), so they can both decide if there is enough potential to continue talking, as it may turn out that there may be some interpersonal issues between the two will preclude much of a relationship.
 ima_gin
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/9/2006 7:19:22 PM
All you ignorant, closed-minded haters should go back to your respective places of worship and pray for us inked up self-mutilating evil doers lol. Back to the year 1800 with you.. oh, wait..mankind has be doing tattoos since ancient times..so, how about you get over it?
 jpneok
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/9/2006 10:51:34 PM
SWEET! My first virtual hate... post! Well, guys I really don't care about, since I'm not John Inman, of course, though I was disappointed when a friend of mine recently went through his mid-life crisis and is now getting tattooes and riding a motorcycle, smoking and drinking etc. I think if people have the 'right' to mutilate themselves and I have the right to not like it, its an equitable trade and it would seem to be in the best interest of both to go for disclosure of that type - same with piercings. And for the record, I don't hang out in bars or clubs, nor do I 'spout off' unless I'm involved in a conversation, as forum threads basically are open conversations, available to anyone. And fear not about me rejecting someone for your tattoos, chances are, I'd reject them for many many more and even better reasons, beforehand - reactionary ego-centric handwaving being one of them.
 ima_gin
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/9/2006 11:20:45 PM
jpneok
Lighten up man. You are sitting here calling everyone with a tattoo who stands up for themselves as "ego centric"..? Open your mind fellah. People have tattoos, and they are proud of it. What are you proud of? Being hateful and prejudice? FYI most women probably won't find that too attractive.
 darylv62
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/12/2006 7:38:11 AM
Nothing wrong with a few tatoos here & ther in the right places, makes a woman look very sexy! body peircings as well in the right places also can be sexy on a woman.
 alivenwell
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2006 10:05:29 AM
I think by a certain age, people should be past the age where they think they have to express themselves through self mutilation to "show" that they are outgoing

jpneok.....You are so right,man..everyone has the right to his/her preferences what they do or don't like and what they think is self mutilation...why hell,some people might even think, oh for example, a guy who thinks so little of himself that he'd allow himself to turn into a blithering tub of lard would be a form of self mutilation....

Different strokes and all that!!!

tattooed15
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2006 12:15:20 AM
hey personally i believe tattoos on a woman is sexy i have 20 tats so far and eventually want a bodysuit. also i find the more ink a girl has the more attractive it is. but thats me heck kat von d or jennifer off of inked how can you say these ladies are not hot.
 vhdc
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/7/2006 5:36:39 PM
I understand completely if a tattoo is a deal breaker (and I have been berated for mine), for me it is smoking. To each his own.
 xdizyx
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2006 7:13:14 AM
you know what and this is just an opinion here, but there are some of us that just appreciate the art of it, it is in no way a form of mutilation, mine are my own art work there will never be another like them as when they were put on the templates were destroyed, the ARTIST that put some of them on is world known and has awards for his ART work, some of you are so vein and shallow that you dont realize that its only ink, colored skin and it in no way makes me who or what i am, and the same goes for anyone that has ink, its an expression of self nothing more, get past it, do you by chance have scars, colored skin, are you loosing your hair, do you dye it, shall we all run because of our differences, move on to something that is worth while.
 canyunflyer
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2006 8:49:53 AM
Understandably... a lot of people under 40 don't know much about their 'tatoo history 101".

Until fairly recently...(last couple of decades) tatoos were pretty much associated with the lower elements of society. Criminals... bottom feeders... hard drinkin bos'n mates... prob. prostitutes...dirty mean bikers etc. It is a brand new phenomenah with young middle and even upper class kids getting lots of tatoos. Its "IN" now. A fad. But.... unfortunately, its a fad that is quite permanent for those who indulge in it. I predict that most of these young girls who are getting the heavy body art...(thats the popular euphemism now..ha) will regret it greatly when they are 50 and their bodies are nothing but an unattractive blurry grey (thats all that will be left). However... they are free to indulge, its their choice.

Personally, I don't mind a few nicely placed tasteful tattoos.... but the so called...body art is not a turn on for me. But, by the same token... I'm not going to limit who I could fall in Love with by virtue of tattoos.
 -=Kalidor=-
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/13/2006 8:53:23 AM
I always love the "Haha, your tattoos will suck on your body when you get old and have wrinkles!" argument against getting tattoos.

As if an old ugly body with wrinkles would be super hot without a tattoo..
 foroneonly
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/13/2006 9:09:05 AM
Personally, I don't mind a few nicely placed tasteful tattoos.... but the so called...body art is not a turn on for me. But, by the same token... I'm not going to limit who I could fall in Love with by virtue of tattoos.
I agree with pinebreeze!
I wouldn't let tats be a factor in a potental relationship. I like a few nicely placed tats on a woman, but prefer peircings to tats.
 -=Kalidor=-
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/13/2006 10:03:56 AM

I have a tattoo of the Bat symbol on my ankle. It turns me on. It's super hot and bad ass.

That's the hottest thing I've ever read on these forums.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >