Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Tatoos on a women turn on or turn off      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 301
Tatoos on a women turn on or turn offPage 32 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
The good news about old poots like myself who get tattoos
later in life, we don't have a whole bunch of time to really worry
about them or what anyone else thinks. And I suppose when we
get wicked old we can use them as tidbits to get stuff going at the
old age home.

I can see people not liking them and not wanting them for themselves,
but not sure why some people worry so much about something that
really isn't their problem.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 302
Tatoos on a women turn on or turn off
Posted: 5/18/2010 11:36:59 AM
There is nothing new about people making judgements and negative comments towards a person based on thier appearance and thier choice in the decorations they wear and this is likely to never change. Why should tatttoos be any different. The good thing about most of the other decorations is you can easily change them if you get tired of the way they make you look.
 omnibook900
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2011 3:17:29 PM
For the most part, TATs on a lady are never a turn on for me. The most that I can hope for is that the tat isn't a turn off, but most of the time it is.

I will say though I have seen some interesting looking artwork on a lady, but nothing good enough to want to look at it forever.

The older a lady is when she decides to get at tat, the more I wonder about her judgment. After all, can't blame it on being young and foolish when you allowed some guy poked his permanent mark on you at the age of 50.
Msg: 304
Posted: 2/13/2011 6:33:40 PM
I have never cared for the look of tattoos.To me they are just ugly looking.That is just my opinion and others may have a different view.I speak only for myself.
 pcdoctor2
Msg: 305
Posted: 2/15/2011 1:06:56 PM
I typically don't care for tattoo's, but like 1 to 3 little tattoos depending on what they are of and where they are located might be ok.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 306
Posted: 2/15/2011 4:37:52 PM
I have five (technically six) tattoos. They are not small, they are not cute, they are not discrete.

They were not needled on a whim; each of my tattoos have deep personal meaning to me. Sometimes? From pain comes beauty.
 Kel1965
Msg: 307
Posted: 3/8/2011 3:41:32 AM
I have never worried if anyone liked mine...I have 6 now and are in places where they can be covered up if needed to be... I am done for now though, unless I get more grandchildren, as last one was my granddaughter's name on my foot.

Last time I checked....it was my body, so.....the ink stays
 northwildwoodnjman1969
Msg: 308
Posted: 3/8/2011 4:42:38 AM
Turn off. I want to date a person, not a bill board.
 CompuG8r
Msg: 309
Posted: 3/8/2011 5:44:27 AM
OP I don't have a problem with tattoos as long as the girl hasn't gone crazy with them. I like art of all sorts and I consider tattoos a very personal art form. They're also good conversation starters. Tattoos have a personal meaning and, if I'm interested in talking to a girl that has one I can see, I'd like to know what it means to her. This gets the conversation started and it can also tell me something about her, depending on how much she is willing to disclose.

Win, Win!
 CompuG8r
Msg: 310
Posted: 3/8/2011 5:51:37 AM

I swear we had a shop around here with a slogan "We have the tattoo for you even if it's some gay ass tribal design" lol.

That is a great slogan for a tattoo shop. I'm surprised the shop went out of business.
 Kel1965
Msg: 311
Posted: 3/8/2011 6:34:54 AM
Turn off. I want to date a person, not a bill board.

Hmmm so you are saying, if you liked a woman, went out on a few dates, then you took it to the next level, and you saw tats, you would tell her you wont see her anymore...because she is a billboard
 Sparkly_Awesomeness
Msg: 312
Posted: 3/8/2011 12:17:19 PM
It is a ridiculous idea to get a tattoo to be unique or to not get a tattoo because it is unique. Stop doing things because you think they make you unique, and start doing things because you like them and suit who you are. If everyone woman in the world likes tattoos, then every woman in the world should get some. The one woman who insists on being unique is cheating herself for something as foolish as how others may perceive her. If you treat all things in your life with only the concern of how much you like them, or want them, or they suit you, etc than you will ALWAYS end up being unique. Even if specific facets of yourself aren't unique, you still will be.
 Jaimes004
Msg: 313
Posted: 6/11/2012 12:58:09 PM

Edited: Turn off.
 scottey63
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2012 1:12:35 PM
Yuck.

'Nuf said.
 ThusSpokeZarathustra
Msg: 315
Posted: 6/11/2012 1:20:15 PM

A woman's body is a magnificent work of art!

You will get in trouble with the ladies here for saying this.
You should never generalize or lump them all together in one group. They don't like that.
You should have said "Some women's bodies are a magnificent work of art".
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 316
Posted: 6/11/2012 2:54:38 PM
The biggest turn off with tatoos is when a woman has them on her breasts. The worst are the names of EXs in big letters. Or when some one has them with out any thought before hand. So there would be lots and lots of them all over the body. with nothing common to any of them. Today I want a pic of a star on my shoulder the next week next to the star would be some animal then a name of some ex bf. Some tatoos are realy nice if they are done properly. When everything is flowing togher and fits into the complete pic.
 BlackJacket87
Msg: 317
Posted: 6/11/2012 3:19:58 PM
I personally hate tattoos, but some are done tastefully. Few tats, no exs, no tramp stamps, no weird tattoos in weird places (SEARCH: GUCCI MANE)
 jmark4
Msg: 318
Posted: 6/11/2012 3:28:53 PM
I think women are too butch in many ways. I dont like tats, piercings, cussing all the time and being vulgar.

And whats with the shooting guns or rifles in photos? that's not sexy to me in the least. I mean if I'm going to rob a bank maybe I'll call them.

Women go with the flow and are obsessed with pop culture until the day they die. Be it fashion or whatever. (does anyone still do planking?)

I'm just not into it. But too each their own. Everyone should do their own thing. I have friends that have done it and it doesn't mean anything to me. I just don't find it attractive.
 thecatrascal
Msg: 319
Posted: 6/11/2012 7:11:18 PM
I don't like them.

First, the ink is usually green and/or black. Something not healthy looking about black and green skin. lol. I can imagine that is what skin looks like on a decomposing corpse.

Secondly, we all have childhood issues. We all have pain. We all have people we want to remember or honor. But people who feel the need to announce they have issues, commemorate their childhood pain, or honor a past relationship by inking their skin like a decomposing corpse, either perceive life's woes as bigger, are emotionally wounded by life, or have lousy judgment. Either way it's not a selling point to a potential mate.

Thirdly, just about every person who has been to prison, every person currently in prison, or every person who will go to prison tomorrow, has a tattoo. So they aren't special. It's about as special, unique, or cool as smoking cigarettes. Except in prison, you can trade cigarettes for favors.

I once had a date with a woman from POF. In her photo it looked like she had a necklace. Upon meeting her, I saw that her necklace was a giant tattoo of a plant around her neck. lol. I didn't ask her about it.
 BigSwede34207
Msg: 320
Posted: 6/12/2012 10:59:45 AM
A big THUMBS UP for a tasteful TRAMP STAMP ... but stuff like on that girl that Jesse James cheated on Sandra Bullock with .... YUCK !
 Maleman999
Msg: 321
Posted: 6/13/2012 7:05:46 PM

2 words- TURN ON!!!!!

2 words-DEAL BREAKER!!!!

I don't care where it is on the body or how it looks. I won't date anyone with a tramp stamp. In my opinion, it's no different than getting a tattoo with the word "LOSER" on a persons forehead. Art belongs on a canvas, not injected under people's skin. Why not also implant a homing device on people who are getting tramp stamps so they can be tracked at all times?
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 322
Posted: 6/13/2012 7:12:35 PM
they are sexy, depending where they are..tats on sagging breast are not...
 DoughGurl
Msg: 323
Posted: 6/13/2012 9:11:28 PM
I think that tattoos are way that some people choose to express themselves, its not always about comemorating pain or past relationships, sometimes it about remembering someone you lost like a child, a sister, or a friend that you were really close to. for example i have a tattoo that reminds me of my grandfathers with butterflies that are floating up my chest. i did that because butterflies are beautiful and majestic like i felt that my both of my grandfathers were. Those tattoos helped me get some closure and made it a little easier around holidays because everytime i look towards my heart i see the tattoo and it makes me smile. And also somtimes people just want to show that they like or have a certain them about themselves as well. So there are more than just the few reasons that you and others have quoted about tattoos and if you don't like them then you should not date someone with them because every time you go on a date with that person that tattoo will always be ther til they cove it up or get it removed and i dont know to many people who regret getting them. i have about 5 and each one means something to me and surprisingly none of them has anything to do with pain. My newest one will be for a fresh start with a new life so that i forget the past not remeber it.
 CarFreak73
Msg: 324
Posted: 6/13/2012 10:35:32 PM
If the tattoos are of good taste and design,I have no issues with them personally.
 CarFreak73
Msg: 325
Posted: 6/13/2012 10:39:34 PM
Good response Akk! I agree.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Tatoos on a women turn on or turn off