Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Tatoos on a women turn on or turn off      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 alivenwell
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Tatoos on a women turn on or turn offPage 4 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
I think by a certain age, people should be past the age where they think they have to express themselves through self mutilation to "show" that they are outgoing

jpneok.....You are so right,man..everyone has the right to his/her preferences what they do or don't like and what they think is self mutilation...why hell,some people might even think, oh for example, a guy who thinks so little of himself that he'd allow himself to turn into a blithering tub of lard would be a form of self mutilation....

Different strokes and all that!!!

retrograde
Msg: 80
Tatoos on a women turn on or turn off
Posted: 10/28/2006 6:02:54 PM
And the verdict is: [drum roll]............

Hey, now that 'everyone' is doing it, we can all be unique by NOT having one.
 tattooed15
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2006 12:15:20 AM
hey personally i believe tattoos on a woman is sexy i have 20 tats so far and eventually want a bodysuit. also i find the more ink a girl has the more attractive it is. but thats me heck kat von d or jennifer off of inked how can you say these ladies are not hot.
 vhdc
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/7/2006 5:36:39 PM
I understand completely if a tattoo is a deal breaker (and I have been berated for mine), for me it is smoking. To each his own.
 ny_lady_13601
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/20/2006 3:38:03 PM
Hmmm, I don't live in a trailer and I am not trash, I am also not a biker chick nor welfare candidate with several kids hanging off of me(I don't even have kids). But I do have 11 tattoos, and if someone passes me off by simply knowing this about me, then they're not worth knowing nor worth my time. Having tattoos has nothing to do with one's self esteem, it's just a personal preference. There are tasteful tattoos, beautiful and professionally done not to mention some can be rather costly. It is not self mutilation. Oh yes, aside with having 11 tattoos, I am also a high school graduate as well as college graduate. Some of my tattoos I got when I was younger, as when most of our mistakes are made in life. That's just life, don't judge people by the color of their skin and not by what's ON their skin. And even I draw a line about some tattoos, mine are all tasteful, nothing crude or vulgar and nothing to be ashamed of, just some I wish I didn't have. And has anybody done a thread on "Tattoos on a man being a turn off". I sense a double standard.
 xdizyx
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2006 7:13:14 AM
you know what and this is just an opinion here, but there are some of us that just appreciate the art of it, it is in no way a form of mutilation, mine are my own art work there will never be another like them as when they were put on the templates were destroyed, the ARTIST that put some of them on is world known and has awards for his ART work, some of you are so vein and shallow that you dont realize that its only ink, colored skin and it in no way makes me who or what i am, and the same goes for anyone that has ink, its an expression of self nothing more, get past it, do you by chance have scars, colored skin, are you loosing your hair, do you dye it, shall we all run because of our differences, move on to something that is worth while.
 canyunflyer
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2006 8:49:53 AM
Understandably... a lot of people under 40 don't know much about their 'tatoo history 101".

Until fairly recently...(last couple of decades) tatoos were pretty much associated with the lower elements of society. Criminals... bottom feeders... hard drinkin bos'n mates... prob. prostitutes...dirty mean bikers etc. It is a brand new phenomenah with young middle and even upper class kids getting lots of tatoos. Its "IN" now. A fad. But.... unfortunately, its a fad that is quite permanent for those who indulge in it. I predict that most of these young girls who are getting the heavy body art...(thats the popular euphemism now..ha) will regret it greatly when they are 50 and their bodies are nothing but an unattractive blurry grey (thats all that will be left). However... they are free to indulge, its their choice.

Personally, I don't mind a few nicely placed tasteful tattoos.... but the so called...body art is not a turn on for me. But, by the same token... I'm not going to limit who I could fall in Love with by virtue of tattoos.
 -=Kalidor=-
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/13/2006 8:53:23 AM
I always love the "Haha, your tattoos will suck on your body when you get old and have wrinkles!" argument against getting tattoos.

As if an old ugly body with wrinkles would be super hot without a tattoo..
 foroneonly
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/13/2006 9:09:05 AM
Personally, I don't mind a few nicely placed tasteful tattoos.... but the so called...body art is not a turn on for me. But, by the same token... I'm not going to limit who I could fall in Love with by virtue of tattoos.
I agree with pinebreeze!
I wouldn't let tats be a factor in a potental relationship. I like a few nicely placed tats on a woman, but prefer peircings to tats.
 -=Kalidor=-
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/13/2006 10:03:56 AM

I have a tattoo of the Bat symbol on my ankle. It turns me on. It's super hot and bad ass.

That's the hottest thing I've ever read on these forums.
 TomiJay
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/14/2006 10:30:43 PM
I am that grandmother everyone keeps alluding to. I got my first one 20 years ago (it still looks good BTW).All 8 of my grandkids like my tatts and have never said anything bad about them. My kids have tatts and we compare the latest ink, but at no time are my tatts on display unless I chose for someone to see them or it is bathing suit time.

Seems the only one who dissaproves is my mother, she calls me a merchant marine when she sees me in my nightgown. I love her, she is 85 and Native American which means I honor her comments. We just agree to disagree.

As for trailer trash comments....sorry y'all you are deeply mistaken on this quarter. As a nurse I have seen tatts on very respectable people bankers, law enforcement officers, CEOs, ministers etc ( trust me I see a lot of "space available" parts of people in over 25 years as a nurse).

Trailer trash is a word applied inappropriately to people with tatts. Trailer trash are uneducated, loud,ignorant folks, this description seems to fit the people who protest the loudest, rather than the people who have the body art.

I have said this before in similar threads here : you mean to tell me that if you are nekkid & are about to bump uglies and you see her with a tatt you are gonna pull up your britches and go home? If it is that important to you (as is your right) then you best be having your uptight attitudes and rules discussed BEFORE you get nekkid. Might cut down on available quiff but what the hell. Willing to make Holier-than-thou comments about women with body art, but apparently you are also willing to sleep around....... wonder what the religious zealots in here think of that ? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Go ahead and hate tatts but don't be classifying people as trash just cause you don't like them. Just make sure you are not lusting after a tattoed woman.

Please press easy button now

genuineman04
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/14/2006 10:41:06 PM
discreet tattoos and piercings are sexy but don't let the whole world know you have a tramp stamp
 Ms 2 Independent
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/14/2006 11:02:33 PM
I have 6 and plan to get more. Do they turn men on? I don't know .... and couldn't care less. The right man for me will accept me as I am.
 vhdc
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/15/2006 6:35:43 AM
Personally I could care less what others think. If you don't like it, don't look.
 vhdc
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/15/2006 8:35:22 AM
Hmmmm and with that astute observation I'm going to guess you have many other pearls of what you would deem wisdom. It is a pretty long fall off that high horse (I'm sure that one will part your hair as it goes over your head).
 vhdc
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/15/2006 11:45:53 AM
Nightcowboy, somehow your feelings on tattoo's are comforting to me. I prefer men who are worried about grammer and spelling rather than tattoo's. That tends to speak volumes to someone who appears trashy and slutty like myself.
 tinaroe
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/15/2006 7:15:41 PM
THANK YOU,,,,
I am a tattooed women and tired of all these people and their critisysom
when most of the people running their mouthes eather want one but is
afrade to get one because of what other people might say or thier just
chicken shit because it hurts, and i have plenty to talk about 70% of my
is tattooed,and who gives a shit what other people think anyway.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Tattoo Tina,Marie
 vhdc
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/16/2006 5:17:33 AM
incetardis..touche. Be an ass all you like, I still can go to nightcowboy's profile and take comfort in the fact he would never be attracted to slutty, trashy women such as myself!
 vhdc
Msg: 98
Posted: 12/19/2006 8:59:36 AM
bedeepbeep...hmmmmm, I would take a body covered in head-to-toe ink over a smoker "often" any day. So there you have it!
 junipermoon
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2006 5:20:13 AM
i'll show you mine if you show me yours
 crystal_00_43
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/23/2006 3:48:53 PM
you want to know why because when you meet some one who you love you want him to know how much he means to her so i have two small hearts over my boobs to let him know he is my man and im his and when we make love he can see im his woman always love him.
 chameleontat
Msg: 101
Posted: 12/23/2006 3:52:55 PM
I don't mind a bit of ink tastefully placed and done well with a meaning behind it. I have one tat on my upper arm and after 10 years I like it just as much as I did the day I got it. It has meaning to me and is an artistic expression of myself. It was not something picked of the wall at the tat shop but something that has been a big part of my life and always will be. Yes, if you look at my profile you will see it and that I am a herpetocultural freak as some have put it. Neither a turn off or turn on for me but as I said above OK when done well and for the right reason.
 vhdc
Msg: 102
Posted: 12/24/2006 7:05:04 AM
Masher: Actually you are off the mark ,there is no burning involved with laser tattoo removal, pulses of light from the laser are directed onto the tattoo breaking up the tattoo pigment. Also, the price has come down considerably, most Dermatologists will tell you that the better the artist (the more evenly the ink was layered) the easier the removal will be (go figure).
 whothehellknows
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/24/2006 6:25:04 PM
I like most tattoos on women, as long as they aren't too big and in places that can't be covered up if the social setting requires it.

I don't understand why some people put tatts on their neck. That one is crazy to me and sounds like something pimps do to their hookers.
 chameleontat
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/26/2006 9:32:02 AM
"I don't understand why some people put tatts on their neck. That one is crazy to me and sounds like something pimps do to their hookers."

Ya, I have seen these women with bar codes on their necks, always wanted to scan one and do a price check.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Tatoos on a women turn on or turn off