Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sethro
Msg: 106
would u date a 28 year old guy who lives at home stillPage 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Your wrong man It's how big the back pocket is..The way women are potrayed on TV Well now they all want to be Spoiled...Where is the women that are'nt affraid of gettin dirty,or live a regular life ..""THE HARD WAY""Life is'nt supposed to be easy..Why does'nt the ladies start pampering us men ????????
 Domeroth
Msg: 111
would u date a 28 year old guy who lives at home still
Posted: 8/27/2005 3:45:59 PM
Well, I wasn't out of the house at 18... maybe 21 I think. I went to college while living at my parent's house. Granted all the money I had to spend, aside from the gas mileage, it was much cheaper.
 1bigfish
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2005 4:21:05 PM
No Way, I tried that one time and what a diaster! Mom wanted to know what you want with her son. Dad was giving me the eye ;-) ..... Also, he always is at your house or a hotel room if you want to get the freak on, and asking his mom if you can knock boots on here beautiful dining room table does not make you the "right girl" for her little boy.

Domeroth
Msg: 115
Posted: 8/27/2005 4:23:19 PM
My mother would have fallen over laughing. Oh thats funny.
 Six-String Samurai
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/27/2005 5:13:20 PM
Another circumstances post... Again, most women are understanding if they know the context. I'm 28 and I live at home, but have been on my own in the past, and could be on my own if I chose to be. I was on my own for a while, moved out, lost my job, came back. Went back to school while at home, and helped take care of my Grandmother who had Alzheimers. My mom and I didn't want to put her in a home, so we both made the sacrifice and took turns helping out. My grandmother passed away in 2001. I graduated college in 2002, and I was on my way out, when my mom was laid off from her job. At this point I was making about 35k a year in my first tech job. I stayed home and carried the household while my mom looked for another job. She did it all those years for me, so it was my responsibility to return the favor. (For those wondering, my dad passed away when I was very young, and I'm an only child. Single parent, only child thing going on here.) Anyway, my mom got a job again, and to avoid making this longer, all she has to do is retire at age 62 and she'll get her full pension, and social security. I'll be done helping and be "free" once again. Anyway, I'm 28, and when most women find out what the circumstances are behind my living situation, all have been understanding, and usually it earns points, because, "watch how they treat their mother... that's how they'll treat you!"
 Mr Bain
Msg: 123
Posted: 9/5/2005 5:34:00 PM
For a while after college, my parents chose to keep me at home, even though I had a job and the income to support myself. They soon got the message that I wouldn't live the way I wanted to unless I had my own spot. At 23, I got my space in a private Manhattan condo.

Not the same for my friend. He is 26 and still lives with his parents, even though he has a job that pays $30,000 plus bonus and benefits. He still dresses and lives like he is 17.
 hockeynut73
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2005 7:06:44 PM
Well, I'm 32 and I had to move back home. I was living on my own, first with a roomate that still owes me $300.00. And then with an ex-girlfriend for 3 years, which didn't work out. Then I lost my job. So for the last year I've been living at home and I hope soon to be back on my own. I mean, it's great that you don't really have house bills, but sucks on the other hand because, you know, the parents are at home, so not a suitable situation to have a date over. But I agree with some of the posts that it depends on the girl. If I was dating a girl around 30, and she still lived at home, it wouldn't mind me. Especially if I really liked her. But I have a feeling, that in a culture and society such as ours, it is more acceptable for a woman to still be living at home at the age of 30, then a man. But, that's just my opinion.
 hockeynut73
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2005 3:23:57 AM
Well, for the woman who said that she moved out when she was 17. That's great!!! All the best for you. But just becuase you did, that doesn't mean everyone on this earth has to move out when they're 17. Yes, I'm lucky that i have cool parents. And I do pay my bills. And I'm saving up, so I'm not just lounging around the house and asking my parents for money. Everyone's situation is different. And my original message that I posted wasn't to spew my so called "excuses" for living at home. I was just giving you folks here an insight to my situation. I have no problems living at home, for now. But it sounds like from your post you're pretty bitter that a select few of us choose to do so, in my opinion.
 HB2
Msg: 142
Posted: 9/16/2005 2:30:07 PM
Only if he was my boy toy
 HB2
Msg: 144
Posted: 9/16/2005 2:36:35 PM
Not tellin!

Boy toys are great just like girl toys are for you older guys!

In seriousness, it has to be looked at as a whole not just that he is!
Like why?
 HB2
Msg: 146
Posted: 9/16/2005 3:07:01 PM
I have to disagree

My ex lives at home because his mom (88) is physically unable to live alone
I think that makes him a pretty good son
 Sunshine_30
Msg: 148
Posted: 9/16/2005 4:38:19 PM
Nope, he obviously isn't a grown up... Why would you want to take over his mothering?
 hightechredneck
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2005 5:57:20 PM
I quit a great job and moved back into my parents house at age 21 when my mother was diagnosed with a rare lung disease. I now have a crappy job and can not afford to move out again. On top of that I have a rare vision disorder that could cause me to wake up totaly blind any time I gio to sleep. My mother needs me around to help, and I need someone just in case I do totaly lose my vision.
This might hurt my social life, but I do not regret it because mom wanted me back at home. I do a lot of the house work around here so I am not freeloading by any means.
 Myfakename
Msg: 163
Posted: 9/17/2005 9:28:24 AM
Where else do you live other than home? Anway, If I was gay I might date him.
 GolfHer
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2005 1:10:33 PM
I dated a man for 13 years that lived at home. I admired his dedication to taking care of his parents...In fact I loved hime all the more for it. However, I recently ended the relationship because of the same issues. I saw everyone around me moving on with their lives. It broke my heart to see young families in my neighborhood. What made it difficult was that I was expected to marry him and live with his parents...more so he never wishes to leave our city and his family and friends. I too may never move away...but I felt as though to stay in the relationship my life would remain as it is and never move forward. He wants things to remain stagnant and resents my dreams and aspirations. He also disagrees with my morals and values for example he wants me to have his baby without a marriage. (You know that saying why buy the cow when you get the milk for free...well he'd be getting the steak also) I can't go there. There are sooo many other underlying issues but for me I was totally depressed being in love with someone who couldn't love me enough to want to dedicate his life to me.

So I guess what I'm saying is that there is nothing wrong with living at home. Just when the right girl comes along you should make the moves to cut the apron strings and make the effort to set out on a new path that involves both you and her.
 GolfHer
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2005 9:15:26 PM
Majestic,

This forum is likely long closed but I just read your response. The problem with these forums is it is difficult to say what you want in summary form and we miss the most important part of communication using typed words alone. If you read my words, however, I was responding to support the initiator of the forum for living at home with his parents and I praised my previous guy for doing so. I also mentioned that there were several reasons for our break-up. AND I'll admit that my choice of words using "dedicate his life to me" was not the best. I definitely wouldn't want him to do so. BUT what I would have liked was to have at least at times come first in his life. You see I always came behind his parents, and his siblings, and their offspring, and his friends. Not that it was that awful...because I loved him so much that being anywhere in his life was important to me. But what became unbearable...for the heart...was that he was resentful of me trying to have any life outside of his. If I got together with my family, or best friends...of whom he never wanted to associate with...he would scream and yell at me and cease to talk with me for weeks on end until I became a sobbing fool begging him to love me. So I gave up my closest relationship with my childhood friend who is a sister to me. I went to family weddings and spent holidays without him by my side because he wasn't willing to be a part of either my family or social circle. And when I went back to school so that I could make a decent living he drew further and further away from me and his resentment and sarcasm tore at me in everyword he spoke. Also, as a woman who wanted to be loved so much by him it was devastating that he wanted me to bear his children but wouldn't marry me. And when he spoke in third person about what his wife would and wouldn't do, I secretly cried inside...for example if he wasn't happy with his wife and wanted to divorce her he would take the children and leave the country so she would never see them again. So perhaps my choosing "dedication" was incorrect but how about "love" or perhaps "cherish" or maybe even "respect". I think that the 13 years of my life I gave to this relationship were plenty..as do my friends and family...too bad they cannot give an expert opinion on the matter b/c in the past 13 years they probably have met him 2-3 times tops!
 hockeynut73
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2005 3:16:58 AM
Ok, to the 'older lady' who tells me to 'try again', about my reasoning. Not trying to be a bitter person, and I'm taking all that you're saying in stride. But, you said you're not slamming me. Well, when you are saying that I'm a 'momma's boy', how else am I suppose to take that. So I think you should rethink what you're tryng to convery here. On one hand you're trying not to insult me for living at home, but on the other hand you ACTUALLY are! I know I'm busting my ass everyday, and if saving money and living at home is a crime, so be it. I could really care less. If a woman thinks I'm mooching off of my parents before she really gets to know me, than she's not worth my time and effort. And as a matter of fact, I don't think I EVER said that times were tougher now than they were in the past. Maybe you were saying that because of someone else's post on this thread. That's all I got for now.
 queenrhiannon
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2005 10:55:12 AM
When I was 29 I dated a guy that still lived at home - but that was because his mother was seriously ill, and he was the only one that could support and take care of her...that I respected.
 sammysalt
Msg: 188
Posted: 9/24/2005 12:15:49 AM
No, my old man wouldn't like it.
 BlackSheepGirl
Msg: 190
Posted: 9/24/2005 4:21:44 AM
Sure I would. I know a lot of guys in their mid to late 20's that do. I've heard that the average age for leaving home nowadays is 26.

I'm 24 and still live at home, so I'd be a hypocrite if I said otherwise.
 tmbmx
Msg: 194
Posted: 9/24/2005 9:59:50 AM
Lieing is never the answer. You will get caught.

I would never date a guy but then again I am cusred with being hetrosexual.
 Wikster
Msg: 207
Posted: 11/7/2005 8:21:36 PM
I'm 37 and I live at home with my mom for 4 years now. Back in Aug 01 I was in an altercation at a bar with a guy. It was stupid in itself because all that happened was that the bar was crowded and we bumped shoulders going by each other. He just went off and got in my face all big and stuff. So, we took it outside and well, one of his buddies didn't like the fact that I was pounding the shit out of his bro. He decided it would be ok to hit me in the back of the head with a steel plumbing pipe. I woke out of a coma four days later in the hospital with a triple fracture, one big hole and 5 magnesium plates in my head.

It has taken me these last 3.5 years to recover physically, mentally and emotionally. I currently being treated for PTSD because if a mouse farts I react like a shotgun had gone off next to my head. I have made a complete physical recovery now and have all my motor skills complete and intact. I just have the worst short term memory and some balance issues.

One of the other bad things was that this happened to me while I was on break from contracting/consulting and didn't have insurance coverage at the time. The bills from the incident came to over 67,000.00 in total. Since no one will testify in court as to what happened I can’t even sue the **stards. I did get some help from the state victim advocates fund, but they will only do what there funding will allow.

I guess the obvious point is that there are exceptions to everything. I am just grateful to my mom and family who have completely supported me without a question through this whole ordeal. I am not looking for pity, sympathy or anything like that. I guess I just thought it would better that people realize there are some exceptions.

Now, where did I put that thing-a-ma-jig?
 Pershing
Msg: 210
Posted: 11/7/2005 8:49:41 PM
I still live at home but Im only 21. Actually I am a full time student (community college so far but am almost done with that), and have a ahrd time finding work so I cant afford much dating. Im prolly gonna do house painting and gardening on the weekends since I dont have retail experience and dont want to work minimum wage in Mcdonalds. Also, the other reason besides moeny why I live at home with my mom its cause shes the only family I have (rest of my family is in eastern europe) and she is the link between the rest of my family.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >