Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 babyangel86
Msg: 211
would u date a 28 year old guy who lives at home stillPage 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Why not..i mean..it's fine with me...as long as he has a place to live..haha!! Though it'll nt b really convenient...but it's ok...he muz haf his own room though!! haha!! but...i think being nice to his parents..is a great thing to haf in a man...at least i knw he loves his family..
 mogrl
Msg: 212
would u date a 28 year old guy who lives at home still
Posted: 11/13/2005 12:52:43 PM
this would happen only in Canada.I know because i dated one for 3 years and finally dumped him the end of January.He was older actually,just turned 32 and finally moved out !!
And i`d say NO.
 amberbrechey
Msg: 214
Posted: 11/14/2005 5:14:53 PM
sorry I wouldnt thats old enough he should be settled now , if his parents are taking care of him at that age can you imagine what the woman he marries will have to do ? sorry
 Pershing
Msg: 218
Posted: 11/15/2005 12:07:40 AM
http://www.z100rocks.com/images/upload/POD/ZDarth%20perv.jpg
 michaeljustin
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2005 2:26:40 AM

sorry I wouldnt thats old enough he should be settled now , if his parents are taking care of him at that age can you imagine what the woman he marries will have to do ? sorry

who's to say they arent taking care of there parents intead of the other way around?some people care anuff for there aging parents to stick around and take care of them..i stay with my granny..she is allmost 80 years old...and owns quite a big peice of land that she cant take care of...if it wasnt for me..the city would of took away her house for lack of care and weeds..while im not at work..im mowing and weed eating her lawn..making sure she taking her meds....do all her shopping for her...i just dug up her pipes and put a new toilet in..cause her old one was rooted out...help with the bills...make sure she doesnt fall..take her to her doc appointments..wash dishes..cook breakfest and dinner.if i wasnt here are family home would be up the creek without a paddle and in the hands of the city..i love the hell out of her..she is the nices person in the world i know and im happy to do what i can while she is with me on this planet..and i wont leave her to the dogs..

sure there are some bums out there..but some of you dont realize how much work some of these guys at home are really doing...there is allways exceptions to the rule..people are living longer now days..so its hard to break out on your own when you have elderly people to take care of,,i seen the health care system take away my other grandma's farm for health care..i wasnt going to let that happen again!!..i can give her way better care than any of those places..i been in them,,and there horrible places..i just hope when im that age i have some one to help me out and not just dump me off at some elderly home alone..eeek..who wants to be alone?...so if you skip up on a good guy because he lives at home..i would think twice and atleast give the guy or gal a shot if they do..mite be the one
 Comedy1994
Msg: 220
Posted: 5/4/2015 10:31:28 PM
If I was a woman I would, for the following reasons[In order of benefit].

1) He will have allot more disposable income, so--unless he's a jew--every date will feel almost like valentines day.

2) He will be way more organized in general, unless he's mentally retarded

3) Apart from a job, there is nothing taking up the time he could be spending with you

Any woman who believes otherwise is a gold digging Juden Shizzen unt should thrown in ze gas chamber XD
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 221
Posted: 5/5/2015 8:47:00 AM
Only in North America is there this negative stigma associated with adult children who live at home. In other cultures it is the norm for adult children to live at home- at least until they get married.

Any woman who believes otherwise is a gold digging Juden Shizzen unt should thrown in ze gas chamber XD

That's kind of a harsh statement, don't you think?
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 222
Posted: 5/5/2015 11:25:26 AM

Only in North America is there this negative stigma associated with adult children who live at home. In other cultures it is the norm for adult children to live at home- at least until they get married.

I think here in NAmerica it is a little hasty/harsh on someone living with their parents, when one's in their 20s saving some money after college after just landing a job and such -- yes. But, I think it's ridiculous that one should live with their parents until they're married (25+ yo). I would say live with your parents until you're financially independent. If you reasonably can't/won't the way you're going, change your career path and/or living area.

I think the issue is being even semi-dependent on maw & paw. When you're in your 30s and are, then it's an indicator that you're not going to be able to be that maw & paw to anyone else, and ya gotta start moving to have the means to be 100% independent. They should be a means to "get back on your feet" or "to get things started" -- not as a way of life to live comfortably, solidly into adulthood.
 Hearton64
Msg: 223
Posted: 5/5/2015 12:10:07 PM
So Comedy, I take it you live at home still?
 Siennarh
Msg: 224
Posted: 5/5/2015 12:11:15 PM
Men are usually more independent so probably less acceptable. I suppose it depends what he does, if he is going really high in his education it's more acceptable. Lots of other circumstances where it's Okay.
 Hearton64
Msg: 225
Posted: 5/5/2015 12:17:53 PM
Well well well....there you are again aradia/axis555.

So it's siennarh now?

Alrighty then.

How do you manage to get around that ISP ban?
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 226
Posted: 5/5/2015 3:34:38 PM

How do you manage to get around that ISP ban?

I highly doubt POF contacts their local Internet Service Provider to ask to shut them down from POF Forums. :) I would think it's the IP address, which, does not take MacGuyver to change. One one's cellphone or laptop, they can walk into a coffee shop, a bar, a friend's house. Viola! Plus, one's own at-home internet IP changes over time. Sometimes pretty frequently.
 sigungq
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2015 5:30:19 PM
OP, don't sweat it. most twenty somethings are living at home still, because the economy is so terrible (despite the spin by the media). Chances are, you'll meet a girl who's 28 and still living at home.
 tgif333
Msg: 228
Posted: 5/5/2015 6:17:07 PM
welcome to the forums Siennarh!

I know several men ( distant family) who live or did live at home for a long time.
one left home after 30 yrs old after he got his master's degree and got a job in Akron.
the other is over 50 and can't keep a job due to minor mental health issues.

I left home at 17 and worked two jobs. my mom said if I couldn't obey the rules I could not stay under her and dad's roof. so I left and have been on my own ever since.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 229
Posted: 5/5/2015 6:52:05 PM
I have a 27 year old son who lives with his dad. I would not date him! LOL

He has two part time jobs, working about 50-60 hours a week, so it is not a lack of work/money issue. The truth is, he is simply on the path of least resistance. He has his own room, his own sitting room area, his own bathroom, and access to free internet, food, laundry and so on. Unless someone makes him leave, he is staying!

I keep waiting for some sensible, independent young woman to come along and drag him, kicking and screaming, into adulthood.

Apologies to my future daughter in law :(
 sigungq
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2015 7:29:23 PM
^^I'm glad to hear you would not date your own son. ^^
 Comedy1994
Msg: 231
Posted: 5/6/2015 12:03:56 AM

So Comedy, I take it you live at home still?

Oh yes. In my country, girls needa pull their heads out fo their arses and take at a look at living costs.
The cheapest rent I have ever seen is 350 aud a week, that was for run-down, hollow old house, with hazardous wiring, no security, right next to the railroad
in neighborhood full of minorities.
I think only rap stars and bank managers can afford to move out of home, which might explain why every potential girlfriend i have evr had has left me for a n***er or a jew. Kinda makes me wanna say HEIL! XD
 Hearton64
Msg: 232
Posted: 5/6/2015 3:48:29 AM
Whoa!

Sounds like living at home is the least of your worries.

Might wanna curb the racism.

As TGIF said, hard work and effort still reign
supreme and independant no matter what your
skin color or ethnic background.

As for whom should remove their "head from their arse"....
Does your parents home have a mirror???

Go look in it.

And whilst you're there, remove that chip off your shoulder.

No one likes a bitter or jaded guy.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 233
Posted: 5/6/2015 1:05:30 PM

Oh yes. In my country, girls needa pull their heads out fo their arses and take at a look at living costs.

Ummm, I don't live in "Australia!" (Gene Hackman exclaiming it as Lex Luthor in Superman II) -- but I think you may have to do the same...

The cheapest rent I have ever seen is 350 aud a week, that was for run-down, hollow old house, with hazardous wiring, no security, right next to the railroad
in neighborhood full of minorities.

$350 a week = about $1,500 a month. In a run-down hollow old house, from what you describe as a poor neighborhood with poor people living in it. That's even remotely close to the cost of living in Australia? Poppy-c0ck. :) It's more expensive than the US (20-26%), sure, but...

I just looked up on realestate.au -- there's a lot of under $200/week places. Many that look better than what you described.
 gfe0787
Msg: 234
Posted: 5/6/2015 1:15:23 PM
Sure, however... It depends on the reason....
There's many reasons why someone would be 28 and living at home.
Maybe they're taking care of a sick parent.
Maybe they're going through an illness themselves or recovering.
Maybe they're trying to save some money while still working/going to school.
Maybe they just graduated from school & haven't found a steady job yet.
The list goes on....
The problem would be with someone who isn't doing anything productive I.E. working, school, contributing to the home financially. If he's just laying around the house...not working towards a goal & not contributing then I would not consider dating him at all.
 Comedy1994
Msg: 235
Posted: 5/7/2015 12:03:00 AM
Even if I did try to move out, I'd just go mad from loneliness because every girl here is either stupid, shallow, or married to some Jew or spook. The fuhrer warned us his book that they would do this if we didn't exterminate 'em...corrupting our women, turning them int grey-wearing golddigers and creamy-mouthed "hoes"

So basically, if your not black, Jewish or filthy rich, forget romance and sex,...unless you're willing to let the fuhrer into your mind, and stand against them. You don't have to be Aryan to do so. I haven't even half-finished MK and understand every race, religion, sexuality and gender in the world now. I should just give up until/unless my synthesis career takes off.

Take a look at the typical Jewish housewife, and then take a look at the average prostitute...If we don't change our ways, that's every single woman in the world one day.
 Comedy1994
Msg: 236
Posted: 5/7/2015 12:06:36 AM

$350 a week = about $1,500 a month. In a run-down hollow old house, from what you describe as a poor neighborhood with poor people living in it. That's even remotely close to the cost of living in Australia? Poppy-c0ck.

But that DOESN'T INCLUDE ANYTHING ELSE! Electricity, food, water, Foxtell, Gas, which is going through the roof.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 237
Posted: 5/7/2015 1:03:33 AM

But that DOESN'T INCLUDE ANYTHING ELSE! Electricity, food, water, Foxtell, Gas, which is going through the roof.

Yeah, any place on your own is going to require that -- whether it's in a garbage dump or in a penthouse. Point is, you can get a place for about $825-$850 / month instead of about $1,500. You could shave off a lot of that if you could get a roommate and a bigger place (and share utils). But if that's still too much, then yeah, one's not in position to date when they're post-college age.

Of course, since you're 20 -- you don't need to worry about that Right now. You still have a couple years to get yourself situated at home with the parents with that not having a real negative effect on you in the dating market. Once you hit 25 though (and set up with a career job), you should be set for at least a roommate position like that.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2015 3:20:31 AM
All circumstances are different. Your excuses dont fit that imo..
Live in a dump, at least its your dump.
Maybe your parents are holding on to you for some well meaning reason, but they aren't helping you if they are unless you have some disability.

You sacrifice to have independence and learn to grow up.

Look into renting a private room and bath in a nice area from someone who has a home and lives alone that could use help with yard work, little things and accept a low rent from you.
Worth looking into imo.
 Hearton64
Msg: 239
Posted: 5/7/2015 3:41:00 AM

Even if I did try to move out, I'd just go mad from loneliness because every girl here is either stupid, shallow, or married to some Jew or spook.

The fuhrer warned us his book that they would do this if we didn't exterminate 'em...corrupting our women, turning them int grey-wearing golddigers and creamy-mouthed "hoes"

So basically, if your not black, Jewish or filthy rich, forget romance and sex,...unless you're willing to let the fuhrer into your mind, and stand against them. You don't have to be Aryan to do so. I haven't even half-finished MK and understand every race, religion, sexuality and gender in the world now. I should just give up until/unless my synthesis career takes off.

Take a look at the typical Jewish housewife, and then take a look at the average prostitute...If we don't change our ways, that's every single woman in the world one day.

Heil Hitler!

So you don't think you being a racist white supremist
is a problem I take it?

Disgusting mentality you have there!!!

Your excuses are pitiful!

No wonder girls steer clear of you!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >