Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr_CLEAN
Msg: 50
Genital HerpesPage 2 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
Here's a thought. Just dont have sex with Random People unless you get to know someone and trust them a bit more.

The reason why 1 out of 4 women and 1 out of 5 men have it, is because our society is a Free for all. It's all about sex. Nothing to do with trust anymore.

Men would lie to get laid. Women would lie or hide the truth so a man won't reject them.
That's just how it is.
 prolibertate
Msg: 52
Genital Herpes
Posted: 9/29/2005 6:58:52 AM

Before we met, an ex b/f of mine spent 3 years involved with a woman who had genital herpes. Apparently she could tell in advance when to expect an outbreak and they took proper precautions. He did his homework and was well informed. They had a healthy sex life and he never contracted the disease. Not really something you want to hear from your b/f but he was pretty open about his past relationships.

I have a friend who’s had it for 20+ years, and she has bad outbreaks; she lived with her last bf for 15 years…and he didn’t get it. Being well informed, taking precautions when needed, and knowing your body is key for both partners, according to her.

Here's a thought. Just dont have sex with Random People unless you get to know someone and trust them a bit more.

Exactly!

Even if you know them it doesn't mean they have told you every thing, peopel hide things all the time. It's a scary world out there.

Maybe…or maybe just some types of people hide things…but either way, if one is worried about anything they should take precautions…or not be intimate with someone they either don’t trust or if they think they might be hiding something.

You should thank your lucky stars she had the good grace to inform you about the hazard you could face. Personally I would do that and then tell her that I'm not prepared to risk contracting a life changing affliction. People with herpes can and do join associations for meeting each other. They can support each other and of course engage in any activity they like.

Yes, there are a number of places where people with similar afflictions can meet each other, but that also narrows down the number of people they can meet, and there are a lot of people who don’t see having herpes as a threat to a good relathionship. No offense meant, but I don’t believe that people with diseases should be ostracized for any reason, and I’m not saying that that’s what you meant in your post at all. It’s one thing to make a personal choice that one doesn’t want to be involved intimately with someone with a disease; we each need to decide that for ourselves. But I don’t believe we should limit anyone to ‘engage in any activity they like within their own association’, as that has a whiff of discrimination, and when what they have can be managed well, and will not kill anyone, I think it’s best left up to each person to make the decision for themselves if they can handle a partner who has this or not. Being honest is the main thing, and giving the other person the opportunity to decide for themselves is what’s key.

It's not a life changing affliction! It's herpes. It's a virus like a cold, the flu, it's not going to kill you. The flu can kill you tho. Get the wrong strain and you could be laying 6 feet under.

Very true…there are much more deadly and uncomfortable things out there that one can catch; even strep throat can kill you…personally, I’d much rather be told a partner has herpes rather than AIDS.

For all the grade school kids on this site, you need to grow up and get informed.

Exactly! I think people sometimes get scared because they don’t bother to get informed. Life itself is a scary thing, yet we live it every day…no matter what, if we’re informed about it, we can make better decisions.

I am informed, and it is a life changing disease, one that severly restricts who you can communicate your deepest most profound emotions to. We communicate by word, music, odour and touch. Our loved ones receive the message by sight, smell, hearing and touch. How sad to think we can't communicate fully, just because someone didn't give us relevant information so we could make an informed decision. Stick your head in the sand if you want but let me make the decision about what is life changing for me.

I don’t understand why it restricts who you can communicate with…unless you mean because someone wasn’t honest about having it and passed it on, and now one can’t share their emotions with another. If one has herpes and is honest with a potential partner about it, and that potential partner can’t handle it, then I’d say that person wasn’t the right one for them. And if the person who had herpes wasn’t honest, and passed it on to someone, then one wouldn’t want to be with them anyways. But that doesn’t preclude someone from finding a potential partner who can accept that they caught this from someone who either didn’t know they had it, or didn’t tell them they had it. The right person for them will be the one who doesn’t let it stop them from developing a relationship…as relationships are much more than someone having a disease. I agree that each person has to make the decision for themselves, but what happens if your partner doesn’t know they had it, they give it to you, you break up for whatever reason, and now you have it? Should you be ostracized for that? Should you not be able to find that relationship where you can share your emotions? No way. One just has to find that particular person who accepts them for all they are.
 prolibertate
Msg: 54
Genital Herpes
Posted: 9/29/2005 8:03:44 AM

I don't know about everyone else, i can't speak for them, but now that i'm "informed" of how easily it is caught and i'm "informed" that 1 in 4 ppl have it, i'm MORE SCARED.
It's NOT something i EVER want and WILL NEVER knowingly expose myself to such a thing. That is NOT wrong, there is NOTHING wrong with wanting to protect yourself.
cold sore or not, i still dont' want it, period. And as far as this comment

Hey, we’re all scared ;) There’s nothing wrong with wanting to protect oneself. No one wants to catch anything if they can help it, even if it’s not a deadly disease. But being well informed helps one to hopefully not catch anything; it also helps them to understand, and react, better when a potential partner says they have something. Just picture someone telling a person they care about that they have this, and the person knows nothing about the disease and reacts horribly. How do you think the person with the disease is going to feel, and do you think they’d now ever want to tell someone else? Some might not, while others might have expected such a reaction and moved on and continued to be honest about it. Everyone is different. But if you’re informed, you can react calmly and let them know how you feel. Even if you decide this person isn’t for you, they won’t have had a terrible reaction form someone about it, and they won’t feel like they can’t ever tell anyone again that they have this. I have to wonder, seeing some reactions on here, how much a bad reaction plays a part in a person not telling the next one that they have this, meaning it can get spread around even more.

ostrasized? the only way that can happen is if you blatently tell everyone, and if you only tell a potential mate and they decide not to continue to date you becasue they dont want herpes, there is NOTHING wrong with that. No way would i continue to date someone even if i liked them a lot, if they had something like that. Sex is important to me ina relatinship, and i could not have good sex constantly worrying if i were to catch something like herpes. period.
anyone else understand me?

I agree that potential mates should be told, and it’s not something one puts on a billboard ;) But, even if one is with friends and the topic comes up, they should be able to discuss it, if they want to, and not be ostracized…but that’s not the case. I’ve seen some people ostracized for a number of different things, simply because others disagreed with it. I know one person who was ostracized from a group simply because he wasn’t homophobic and the others were. And while I understand you clearly, let me pose a hypothetical: what of you were dating someone, it got very serious and you were contemplating marriage, or already had plans to do so. Then, your partner finds out they have herpes; they’ve had it a long time but never had a breakout so they never knew – and according to the information about it, this can be quite common; it’s one reason it’s spread so far and so fast – would you then dump the person you asked to marry you? Would you think they had cheated, or that they must have known and they lied to you about it? Again, it comes down to being well informed; that plays a part in if you choose to be with someone or to stay with someone.

PS: as for the 1-4/1-5, the statistics have been high for a long time, and herpes has been around for a very long time, so if you've been sexually active and not used protection every time - even though you feel you know the person well - then you can still get exposed to it. Herpes come from the same virus that causes chicken pox and a whole other slew of diseases; most of us have had chicken pox; some people have cold sores while others don't, whether they've been exposed to the virus or not. Possibly this is one reason they're having such a hard time coming up with a vaccine for it.
 Fireflycdn
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Genital Herpes
Posted: 9/29/2005 8:42:42 AM
Im a Nurse ....the best thing you can do is educate your self on all std's ....if you know how they are transmitted, ....when they are active and when not then you are already ahead of the game. You will never know in this day and age if you will ever not come in contact with it because as vigilant and careful as we are ....sometimes it just gets pass even us .
You have all heard of medical equiptment not being sterlized properly etc ....sooooo in this world that weeeeee all live in the best you can do is be educated and use what you learn...
 Fireflycdn
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Genital Herpes
Posted: 9/29/2005 8:46:17 AM
Its not always a her ....it could be a he or a you or what ever ...if you play grown up games , then be a friend also and if ...as you say sheeee ...at least be a friend ....I mean it could be youuuuuuu....its 1 in 4 and probley higher by now .....!
 Jaybo_31
Msg: 57
Genital Herpes
Posted: 9/29/2005 3:37:19 PM
It is funny to hear from people who arrogantly state they don't have herpes. First, you may have it and have never shown a symptom. Sorry to tell you. You may be the 1 in 4 who have Herpes Simplex 2 or 7 out of 10 who have Herpes Simplex 1. Do that math!

It can be bummer during an outbreak. I have never had a cold sore on my genitals or mouth. I would bet a paycheck I have herpes though...check the numbers above. I might have lucked out and I'm one of the maybe 2 out of 10 who somehow has dodged it. Could be. You may be lucky enough to have dodged it but I wouldn't bet a paycheck on it.
 smith2267
Msg: 58
Genital Herpes
Posted: 9/29/2005 9:23:12 PM
>> You may be lucky enough to have dodged it but I wouldn't bet a paycheck on it.

Don't the odds depend on how promiscuous you've been? Or haven't been?
If for example you've only had a single sex partner...
 smith2267
Msg: 59
Genital Herpes
Posted: 9/29/2005 9:25:21 PM
And she hadn't had anybody but you...
Speaking hypothetically, such a person could pretty darn safely assume he didn't have it.
 smith2267
Msg: 60
Genital Herpes
Posted: 9/29/2005 10:35:55 PM
Melly, I did a quick google and came up with a picture of the non existent herpes test kit.
http://www.herpes.com/PrivateDiags/images/testherpes.jpg
 smith2267
Msg: 61
Genital Herpes
Posted: 9/30/2005 5:09:03 AM
^^God, I sure hope nobody is depending on this thread for information about this disease.
Go to a reputable website folks.
 serendipitee
Msg: 62
Genital Herpes
Posted: 9/30/2005 5:23:07 AM
I feel compelled to jump in here, I'm not sure why. It’s probably foolish, but here goes:

I have it, I have it, run for your lives!!!!

CAUTION: GRAPHIC DETAILS AHEAD!!!

In 1995, I was dating a guy who had a persistent case of what his doc diagnosed REPEATEDLY as jock itch, even after he’d questioned her REPEATEDLY about herpes. She advised him there was no definitive test for herpes; this may or may not have been true at the time. If I could remember her name, I'd gladly print it here. Alas, I do not. Note to self: call Marc and get doc’s name for publication, she was a true jacka$$. We dated 3 months or so before we “did the deed”. He'd had a vasectomy @ 27 and we tested together negative for HIV so we did not use condoms. WORD TO THE WISE: ALWAYS USE CONDOMS UNTIL YOU’VE BOTH TESTED NEGATIVE FOR STDs AND YOU’RE CERTAIN YOUR PARTNER IS MONOGOMOUS. Keep reading for why. Low and behold about 10 days later the Happy S had some symptoms she’d never had in her 33 years, she had genital herpes (HSV2 – below the belt herpes). It’s not life-threatening but at least as of today it is a lifelong condition.

Genital herpes breakout histories vary by individual. Some people have chronic breakouts (these can be treated with daily or intermittent oral antiviral medications), some have breakouts so mild they don’t recognize it as herpes and others NEVER have a breakout (latent/dormant) but carry and can spread the disease unknowingly. Dormancy can last for weeks, months or years any point during which it can become active and cause an outbreak. This is why you should ALWAYS USE CONDOMS UNTIL YOU’VE BOTH TESTED NEGATIVE FOR STDs AND YOU’RE CERTAIN YOUR PARTNER IS MONOGOMOUS. Additionally, there are those who know and don’t tell. DO YOU FEEL LUCKY TODAY?

I calendar my breakouts because I am excruciatingly anal, in a good way of course. :laugh: Hey, you know me personally now, here’s my breakout history: closest together I’ve ever had 2 breakouts – 3 months. Longest time between breakouts – 2 years, 2 months. I’ve had 13 breakouts of varying intensity in 10 years. For those interested in the more graphic details, here they are: starts out as a little itch always in the same place, just to the bottom left of the vaginal opening, I always know what it is because I don’t otherwise itch there. A small, ulcerated lesion (perhaps 1/3 inch long and as wide as 1/2 a baby aspirin, best example I could think of… it’s late) develops, basically a small open sore. Within about 24 hours the sensation changes from itching to mild soreness. Typically lasts about 3 days and it’s gone. I have had occasional breakouts that lasted up to 7 days. The virus travels on the nerve endings and I’ve heard some people feel a tingle before the initial breakout. I’ve never felt this.

There are no accurate figures on how many people have genital herpes. Most estimates are that about 25% of Americans (I guess that means 18+, although it could just as easily mean those who are sexually active which would obviously bring the age down and the actual number of cases up substantially) are actively infected. MY OB SAYS THE FIGURE IS CLOSER TO 40%. MOST PEOPLE WITH HSV2 DON'T KNOW THEY ARE INFECTED BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO SYMPTOMS OR THEIR SYMPTOMS ARE SO MILD THEY ARE NOT RECOGNIZED AS HERPES. There are blood tests available that diagnose HSV2. Everyone should have one; at the least it would be good to know if you wouldn’t date yourself. baa haa haa haa :laugh: :laugh: Hey, I couldn't resist, laughter is the best medicine.

I’ve had five partners since I was diagnosed. Actually, that’s not strictly true; I’ve never been clinically diagnosed. There are some things you just know, I didn’t need a clinical diagnosis I just knew. I told each partner before we had sex of any kind. If I recall there was one other person I told who freaked out and ran for the hills. It's conceivable there were others I don't remember or have subconsciously chosen to forget for one reason or another. In all honesty, I don’t blame the one that hoofed it, if the shoe had been on the other foot, I probably would have done the same thing. Live and learn!

My ex-husband knew before I met him, I think I was the only person on matchmaker.com in 1997 who admitted it openly in their profile. In any case, we met, dated, married, had plenty of good sex (the vast majority of it condomless - we had tested together negative for HIV and would have liked to have gotten pregnant), divorced and he never got it or so it would seem. There were several times we abstained because I thought I could possibly have an active breakout. As an aside, he had oral herpes (cold sores/fever blisters around the mouth = HSV1 = above the belt herpes), same family, different strain. Other strains include chicken pox and shingles. Rumor has it those with oral herpes are less susceptible to genital herpes. I haven’t seen scientific proof of this but I’ve never looked for it either. Additionally, the ex who had oral never got genital could be coincidence or dumb luck. I'd never had a cold sore/fever blister before I got HSV2.

In all honesty, when I first found out I had it; I thought my life was over. In reality, it’s not that big a deal. You have a breakout now and then, you tell partners (preferably before you’re in the throes of passion), explain the situation to the best of your ability, encourage them to research for themselves and get back to you or not. Either way, life goes on. Safe sex is happy sex. More truthfully, the only way to have 100% safe sex is to avoid it altogether; not a very pleasant alternative I concur.

Another aside, I guess I have a pretty big mouth, because I've shared this with a fair number of people, mostly close friends, but a few others as well. More than one has confided in me that they have it too and we have a laugh or a cry as the case may be. It's a lot more common than most people think. I remember the first person I told, part of me was hesitant and expected her to run screaming and never speak to me again. She's one of the one's who said she had it too. I don't like to think it's the misery loves company thing, but it just made me feel better to share it with someone, someone who's friendship I valued and to have her be understanding, have it not be my own lonely deep dark secret anymore. I knew she was dating someone and they'd talked about it and were having regular sex, so I knew life as I knew it wasn't over; that was very comforting.

Caution: Don't just go blurting it out to anyone. It's your choice who you want to tell; choose wisely. I've never had anyone get ugly or crazy, but I've heard it happens. Unless you're getting ready to have sex with someone, it's really none of their business.

WOMEN OF CHILD BEARING AGE SHOULD KNOW THAT THEIR BABIES CAN CONTRACT NEO-NATAL HERPES AS THEY COME DOWN THE BIRTH CANAL. IT’S RARE BUT LIFE-THREATENING TO THE INFANT. I think it can cause blindness in infants as well. IF YOU'RE A WOMAN OF CHILD BEARING AGE YOU SHOULD BE TESTED; better safe than sorry.

The End - I'm done stick a fork in me.

p.s. – I did not prepare this post for my own edification, recall I have it and can’t get it again. Please think twice before send me an ugly message, the ass I saved may have been yours. Use that energy to get tested.

prolibertate
Msg: 65
Genital Herpes
Posted: 10/1/2005 9:08:08 AM
I think you all deserve tremendous credit and huge hugs for admitting it, especially after some of the posts on here. But it shows that you haven't let it ruin your life, and that you realize you're much more than just an occasional breakout. It's a shame that some others can't realize that too.

I don't see it as an affliction; I also don't see it as something one should feel ashamed about, though I know many people can feel that way if they have it. And I really wish they wouldn't feel that way. But I'm appalled that people can be misinformed on many subjects, but especially those that may affect themself or others. I believe that herpes has spread so fast and so far simply because most people don't know they have it; and how can you hold anyone at fault for that? You can't. Sure, there are some who know they have it and don't say anything, but I'd like to believe that that's not a huge number of people.

A good friend of mine has had it for over 15 years, and she was devastated in the beginning; she felt dirty and ashamed. After a number of talks and getting better informed, she stopped thinking that way. Once she learned more about it and how to notice when a breakout was about to happen, and what to do to try to minimize breakouts, she was able to handle it much better and now realizes that while it's isn't pleasant to go through, it doesn't change who she is. She's still the same wonderful person she always was. I don't think some people, as evidenced by some comments on the forum, actually realize that a person is much more than an occasional breakout. And their ignorant attitudes are what continues to make people treat those who have this as some type of leper. That's so wrong!

Someone I met asked me if I could date someone who told me they had herpes. My answer shocked him. I told him that it would all depend on if I was attracted enough - mentally and physically - to date this person in the first place. The fact that they had herpes really wouldn't play a part in the decision...if all the other aspects are there, then I'd date them; if all the other aspects weren't there, then I wouldn't. Their having herpes just means that we'd have to be more careful than usual. But I sure as heck wouldn't turn away someone who could be the relationship I've been looking for simply because of that. People are much more than simply having herpes.
 prolibertate
Msg: 67
Genital Herpes
Posted: 10/1/2005 2:10:12 PM
Swepea, yours was a great post, as were those from Karma and Serendipitee...you had the courage to show people that you're no different than anyone else. You are not defined by your herpes; you are who you are, and you just happen to have it but you don't let it ruin your life...You're so correct; you're not 'bad people' or 'lepers', no matter what ignorant comments some people can make; those comments simply show the ignorance of the subject and possibly some narrowmindedness on their part; and it definitely shows that they have not thought about how they would want to be treated if they caught something like this.
 sammysalt
Msg: 69
Genital Herpes
Posted: 10/1/2005 6:38:54 PM
I would run like hell. Never had anything, and never want any thing. That simple.
 serendipitee
Msg: 70
Genital Herpes
Posted: 10/1/2005 6:52:47 PM
@sammysalt

just one question: have you been tested?

you could quite easily be among those who don't know they have it. wouldn't that just beat all.

wouldn't do to have to "run like hell", AWAY FROM YOURSELF!

test first. if you're negative, bring your self-rightousness back and we'll all applaud for you.
 sammysalt
Msg: 71
Genital Herpes
Posted: 10/1/2005 7:33:00 PM
I have been tested for everything out there,(I always ask the doctor to make sure, just in case.) because I have a fear of getting such things, thats one reason why I don't cheat, and he knows better. I am sorry you all got it. I was just lucky as hell, and I know it. I am sorry so many have it, but can't honesty say I wouldn't run from someone that has it,(And wants to sleep with me.) even if I was single. No hard feelings, but still don't want it, and sorry people have it. I posted before I read the whole thing. If I knew people said they had it on here, I wouldn't of said anything so I wouln't of hurt anyones feelings. Sorry if I did.
 prolibertate
Msg: 73
Genital Herpes
Posted: 10/2/2005 11:59:54 AM

Thank you! I don't often talk about this subject..But this thread was just really getting to me..Some of the comments made on this subject are pretty hurtful and hard to take! To see so many judgemental people out there is sad. It always makes me wonder if I will ever find someone to be with!!

You’re more than welcome…just know that not everyone is going to treat you like some kind of leper and that you can feel comfortable talking about it with some people. I understand how some comments can be hurtful, and I would hope that people don’t say them meaning to be that way. I think some people talk out of ignorance and fear, and while one can educate some of them, unfortunately some don’t want to be educated. And yes, you WILL find someone to be with…and you will also know that they care for you for WHO you are, not what you have.

My best to you!
 serendipitee
Msg: 74
Genital Herpes
Posted: 10/3/2005 12:29:51 AM
Most of the time, I just don't get that bent out of shape about it anymore. I have it and I always will, just like I have blue eyes and I always will (unless some crazed "Bushie" pokes them out). I digress... It's part of who I am, a very small part, but a part nonetheless. It just doesn’t make sense not to embrace who you are, warts (pardon the pun ) and all. Everyone has “something” and anyone who says they don’t is a liar or just plain in “Da Nile”, it’s not just a river in Egypt you know. I can certainly think of worse things than having an STD… and review those numbers again, it’s not like were alone.
Sure it’s hurtful when someone you care about drop kicks after disclosure, but that’s life. You win a few, you lose a few. Think about it, if someone’s going to drop kick you for that, how do you think they’ll react when the going gets tough in the relationship? LTRs have ups and downs, they just do! I’d rather know at the outset what someone is made of. Weed those puppies out! Better yet, let them weed themselves out, no use creating extra work for yourself. See, maybe it’s a blessing in disguise after all. If someone REALLY loves you (in an honest, healthy way), an STD is not going to stand in the way. It’s conceivable you're weeding out the ones that just want to get in your panties, you don’t want them anyway… unless you do, which is another topic altogether.
Now, in the interest of full-disclosure, I may well have chosen to forego sex if I was the disclosee and not the discloser which is they had it and I didn’t. There is risk involved and EVERYONE is entitled to behave in what they perceive to be their own best interest - no questions asked. Let them go!
What disappoints me is when people who have no concept of their own vulnerability spout off about something they obviously know almost nothing about. DO THE RESEARCH, get tested and behave accordingly. It’s that simple.
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 76
Genital Herpes
Posted: 10/6/2005 8:11:24 PM
WOW... a lot to obsorb.... a few thoughts....

People get STD's in long term committed relationships...
Honesty is more important than fear in this case....
Those who said they would run... careful it can catch you... it has not barriers it is an equal opportunity infection...
Life changing yes.... but ending no...

As much as people say they get tested... do they know they get tested for everything?? I went this year and had tests for everything... and that shit was not cheap.... and by everything I mean like 5 things of blood and more swabs than I care to count.... I never knew there was so much to check for... especially when you have never had any kind of symptom...

There are dormancy stages for most things... so getting tested once really means nothing.... condoms - that is really just "safer" sex... there is no such thing as safe sex.... unless you count masturbation....

Chance are we have all slept with someone who has had something at sometime.... the sad thing is if we live a world that harbors fear about this and talking about... we run the risk of contracting more.... by this I mean... those who said "I'd never date someone who...." well if someone who read that do you think they would feel comfortable telling you??? so if you protray that closed attitude in life you are bound to get lied to... someone is gonna want to get in your pants and not tell you what has been festering in his...

Yes... the idea of contracting an STD is HELLA scary... but... chance are you would more than likely get it from someone who doesn't even know they have it to tell you....

Just my thoughts......
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 81
Genital Herpes
Posted: 11/22/2005 7:23:47 PM
^^^ Sadly if you look at the statistics... you probably have dated someone with it... just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there... many people have it and are asymptomatic.... so they don't know... so they pass it on.... would be nice if one could just look at someone and be able to see if they are a carrier of anything... but you can't... and as I said before... sure no one wants it... but there are some things in life you can't prevent...

before you go into the wear a condom lecture series.... be aware that condoms have be found to not be 100% effective in the prevention of STDs... as the viruses are carried on more than just the area covered by a condom....
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 83
Genital Herpes
Posted: 12/6/2005 6:28:40 PM
The female condom doesn't provide more coverage... the virus can be on any moist area of the female which isn't covered by the female condom... inner thighs... anal area... etc....

on the man the virus can be on his inner thighs... balls... etc....

there is NOTHING 100% other than having both partners tested and cleared after a waiting period... that can prevent transmission... monogamy after clean tests...
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 85
Genital Herpes
Posted: 3/6/2006 10:26:03 AM
Sorry hidden treasure you are not correct.. there are several blood tests for herpes..

There are four highly accurate "type-specific" antibody tests currently available: biokit HSV-2 Rapid Test, HerpeSelect, CAPITA HSV IgG Type Specific ELISAs and the Herpes Specific Western Blot which is primarily used for herpes research purposes.

HerpeSelect test for herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2), the usually cause of genital herpes. It is produced by Focus Technologies and many labs offer it.

Until recently, accurate serology (blood) tests for herpes were not available. HSV type-1 and HSV type-2 type-specific information can aid in diagnosis, developing a treatment plan, patient and partner counseling and evaluating prognosis for future outbreaks. There are currently only two FDA-cleared type-specific glycoprotein-G based serology tests on the market for HSV type-1 and HSV type-2. The HerpeSelect test from FOCUS Diagnostics has been available for several years.
 iamtheone39
Msg: 86
Genital Herpes
Posted: 3/7/2006 3:30:14 PM
We are all succeptable to genital herpes, except of course the "faithful" people who are married for 20 years. If your one of those why are u even reading this? These people on here who look down at anyone who has contracted an STD has got it coming. Remember, somebody gave it to them, so you can't be too self righteous. All I can say is don't go in a rainforest without mosqitoe repellent or you'll get bit. If your swinging a lot don't be surprized when it happens to you. It can cause serious problems in women though, even cancer of the uterus and infertility.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 87
Genital Herpes
Posted: 3/7/2006 3:47:32 PM
aw.... just stick your face in their and get it freakin over with

lol

iamtheone39
Msg: 88
Genital Herpes
Posted: 3/8/2006 2:06:27 PM
I'm not gonna disagree with that! They don't call me "lickalot" for nuth'in I was wond'rin can u get splinters from plastic?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >