Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SHE-DEVIL-36
Msg: 89
Genital HerpesPage 3 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
wow...90% has it orally?...OMG...well thank the lord I am in the 10 %...

I have never had an STD....and of course dont want one...

would I date someone with an STD?......hmmm.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

if that makes me ignorant....selfish....inconsiderate.....well then so be it....
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 91
Genital Herpes
Posted: 3/8/2006 2:58:48 PM
WOW molonel.... you just don't let up on me... 6 pages and that is all you found... lets go at it again and see if we can get this thread deleted.... give it a break.... I never said not to wear them... I just think it is important that people don't get a false sense of security... but whatever... sick of you...
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 93
Genital Herpes
Posted: 3/8/2006 3:19:10 PM
deleted... edit...

whatever.... have fun....
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 98
Funny story...
Posted: 3/8/2006 5:47:50 PM
I did some research on this stuff, back in college when I was 23. I ended up going to Planned Parenthood, because I noticed that there were red dots on the palms of my feet, and I noticed that there did exist a few ever-so-small dots on my hands if I looked close enough. I thought I had Syphillis -- all those websites that I read on really got me going.

Well, I go into the doctor's office, and of course, a very attractive female doctor walks in to check me out... I felt so embarassed... I explain the story about my feet, and on these pamphlets on the internet they said this was a symptom... she snickered... and asked me if it itched, and I said yes. She said that there was never a case of syphillis in Michigan in god-knows-how long, and after inspecting me, she noted that I had athlete's foot! Great. She then asked me if I masturbated... and I said, "Uuuuhhh, yeahhh, who doesn't?" After checking me out she said there was nothing wrong with me, and that if my penis was a little irritated from time to time, that I might want to cut down on that some.

I walked out of that place with my head hung low, being disease free but feeling like the biggest loser! :)
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 99
Interesting stats - bad silver bullets
Posted: 3/8/2006 6:00:09 PM
Thanks to my college research a little while back, actually about 90% of people carry it or have carried it on their lip. 1 in 4 get cold sores from time to time at least, but the fact is, there "is no cure" for that. However, for some people, it can for all practical purposes go away (but I wouldn't bank on it if it was I). Also, of the HUNDREDS of different types of HPV, only a couple are linked to cervical cancer. Another analysis verified by Harvard doctors is that if you aren't a virgin, you probably have or "have had" (common strands become undetectable and never reoccuring over time for many people) HPV. I couldn't believe that there was actually "better light" on the subject, seeing how in some form or another most people have been exposed to a (gasp) "disease", as even a yeast infection is an STD (male friend of mine got that from his GF).

Point is, I guess you could say any disease is bad -- hell, I had athlete's foot, and that was no picnic with all that itching on my feet for a few days! All kidding aside, there are serious, potent ones out there, and we mine as well error on the side of extra fear/precaution than "oh, it's not that bad" -- because otherwise society would just turn into a sexual free-for-all. :)
 iamtheone39
Msg: 101
Genital Herpes
Posted: 3/8/2006 8:25:46 PM
***devil's gonna eat those words, WATCH! Dr. paige; Your wanted in the lobby ur girlfriend has come down with genital herpes.
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 104
Genital Herpes
Posted: 3/9/2006 8:05:28 PM
Sorry, hon, that's not the only way to truly know. They can lance a sore/wound and send that in to pathology. I think with all this misinformation being slung around, it'd be a good idea to direct people who wish to know the truth about diagnosing, contracting, spreading, all this stuff to WebMD and do a search. Sheesh. I cannot believe this is such an argumentative thread. And I cannot believe how many people are so misinformed....did we not all have health class?
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 105
Genital Herpes
Posted: 3/9/2006 8:36:54 PM
It is amazing how many people have this.. and to be honest... I just don't think it would bother me too much. I would appreciate that person telling you and then you caring enough to find out about it. You may already have it.. you really just never know... It's not that I want it (if I dont' already have it) but then again... since so many people do have it then we can just consider it a small problem you will probably have to deal with if you enjoy sex. Remember folks, people didn't use to worry so much about using condoms, remember when sex was safe and swimming with sharks was dangerous???
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 106
Genital Herpes
Posted: 3/9/2006 8:41:08 PM
OK.. since we have some doctors on here I want to know something. When I go in and have my pap smear, and they say it comes back and I'm ok.. .does that mean I do not have herpes? I do not have cervical cancer? I do not have genital warts??

My question is this....

WHAT all does the pap actually check for? IF anything like the wart or herpes virus is there are you notified of this or is that considered normal?? I'm not sure now.. do I need to ask my doctor to check for all this stuff or do they already? Now you have me wondering exactly what the pap is for...
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 107
Genital Herpes
Posted: 3/9/2006 9:13:05 PM
Info on PAP Smears from http://womenshealth.about.com/

What causes abnormal Pap smears?
Abnormal Pap smear results are often explained by an infection or an inflammation. Yeast infections, herpes, trichomonas, recent sexual activity, or use of vaginal preparations, are often things which cause an abnormal Pap smear result.
Many times the culprit is HPV or human papilloma virus, sometimes referred to as genital warts. HPV is a common infection in women and has been detected in women in their seventies; up to 60% of sexually- active women may carry this virus on their cervix, genital area, or skin and are completely unaware of it.

How a pap smear looks...
When your Pap smear is sent to the lab it is viewed under a microscope, a normal Pap smear will appear as in this photo from the Mayo Clinic and an abnormal Pap smear will appear in a distorted manner as in this photo depicting cervical cancer, also from the Mayo Clinic.
Some words you may hear and possible diagnostic procedures...

Class 1
normal
No treatment required

Class 2
atypical (could be caused by inflammation or infection)
You're physician may recommend another Pap Smear or Colposcopy

Class 3
dysplasia or pre- cancerous, low grade
Colposcopy is required to diagnose cause; possible further treatment

Class 4
high grade dysplasia or CIC (carcinoma in- situ; cancer but, non- invasive)
Coloposcopy required with possible Cone biopsy or LEEP procedure

Class 5
Cancer, invasive
Coloposcopy to determine severity and further recommended treatment
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 108
Genital Herpes
Posted: 3/10/2006 3:34:16 AM

I can tell you that a doctor is NOT going to "lance" a suspicious genital lesion

Sorry, but this is how my girlfriends' doctor tested her. I admit this was probably 20 years ago.......
 veni vedi vici
Msg: 109
Genital Herpes
Posted: 3/10/2006 4:54:29 AM
how would i feel if my prospective partner told me she had the std before having sex??i would feel sorry for her for having it in the first place and depends how much you like the person more caring and compassionate about their situation thats for sure.the reason i answer this particular thread is because i was involved with a woman who had herpes,however she did not tell me she had it til a couple weeks later after we had sex to tell me she had this std?if a future partner would tell me right of the bat i would have far more respect for her and at that point i already know the do's and don't about their misfortunes.l
 SHE-DEVIL-36
Msg: 111
Genital Herpes
Posted: 3/11/2006 6:53:22 PM
So you have NEVER had a cold sore huh? wow lucky you

The ignorance on this thread is astounding. No wonder the STD rate is so freakin high

nope..never had a cold sore...and I am a nurse..I am very much aware that cold sores are a type of herpes.....and never KISSEd anyone that had a cold sore...cause I dont want ONE...
 iamtheone39
Msg: 112
Genital Herpes
Posted: 3/11/2006 7:39:47 PM
I agree with balaton1960 on the dating thing. I dated an RN once who had herpes and she would inform me of the time that I could have contact with her and the time that I couldn't. I would never judge anyone by what SOMEONE else gave them! P.S. luv the devil out of some people that are above me!
 dceeeee
Msg: 114
Genital Herpes
Posted: 3/11/2006 11:31:44 PM
Wow! A lot of reading and learning to be done on this thread......and then I read this...
See, maybe it’s a blessing in disguise after all. If someone REALLY loves you (in an honest, healthy way), an STD is not going to stand in the way. It’s conceivable you're weeding out the ones that just want to get in your panties, you don’t want them anyway

So true....and after reading all the threads about where a girl is upset because a guy dumped her after he got what he wanted......this brings up a great idea....when first going out, tell him that you have herpes, even if it isn't true...this will weed out the ones who are players from the ones who are sincere....and once you find out he is sincere, you can tell him the truth-that you don't have it....HE will be relieved, and YOU will know where you stand. Too bad those girls didn't think of that earlier, huh?

O/T 'From what I've read', it sounds like you are actually at LESS risk with someone who KNOWS they have it, and is willing to avoid sex when they are contagious. The rest of us who don't know, are probably more risky, if you think about it. Now, who's scary???

~DC~
 nofatgirlsplz
Msg: 117
Genital Herpes (Man am I lucky)
Posted: 5/16/2006 7:35:07 AM
Considering all the girls Ive been with, Man am I lucky not to have gotten herpes, aids, only a couple minor things. Hell I never even used protection. I hope they didnt get pregnant though. I've definately gotten sex out of my system, now I dont put out until after the marriage Contract. Yes any girl I marry has to sign a contract, but we wont discuss why here. LOL
 womanatthewell
Msg: 118
Genital Herpes
Posted: 5/17/2006 1:13:52 PM
Hey all limb time here!!!!!!
I was infected by a partner who had it killed my Daughter because I did not know I had and it affects new borns differntly then adults who have it. I carry the guilt of my Daughters death on my shoulders daily. The worst it can do to an adult is make you a bit uncomfortable for a few weeks. You should be more concerned about AIDS which by way can seep thorough a condom with out a problem. Condoms are only 60% effective against aids. I am not angry at everyone for wanting to protect themselves from it I wish I had been given the same option however I was not and now I face finding a partner who will want to deal with the risk.

At least she was very honest and I am greatful for the fact that I have HERPES and not AIDS.

Thank You
Becky
 Reenie999
Msg: 124
Genital Herpes
Posted: 6/18/2006 9:45:26 PM
I wouldn't touch someone with genital herpes with a ten foot pole.

If you contract it then you are ruined for everyone else.....herpes is incurable....why would any woman want to take a chance on you with herpes??

As the old saying goes: "There ain't that much love in the world."
 Splinter
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Genital Herpes
Posted: 6/19/2006 8:20:42 AM
I don't think that I would be able to date that person but that is only my choice.
 kamikazi Cruise Control
Msg: 136
Genital Herpes
Posted: 7/17/2006 2:34:41 PM
Uhm.... no. I am pretty sure that aint true.
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 145
Genital Herpes
Posted: 8/4/2006 10:47:02 PM
Nope... it is HPV that is the leading cause of Cervical Cancer... not related to break outs... it causes changes in the cells on the cervix... it can be detected with running a secondary DNA test after getting back bad pap results.. or can be tested for alone... there is no test available for men yet... women need to make sure the get their yearly tests done...
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 148
Genital Herpes
Posted: 8/5/2006 10:04:20 PM
Sassy,.... big ole nope to the toliet seat... you would have to sit immediately down after and infected person... who is shedding or having an outbreak... and you would have to sit on her secreations.... not likely... if it happens go buy a lottery ticket...

best source of information on herpes... is at Westover Heights... http://www.westoverheights.com/freebooktext.html

HSV2 is a sexually transmitted virus... not transmitted through casual contact... HSV1 can be transmitted casually through kissing... or gentially through oral sex....

From the Westover Handbook....
Genital herpes is transmitted from one person to another through sexual contact. Sexual contact includes intercourse, oral-genital contact, and rubbing the genitals together without clothing in between (sometimes known as ?outercourse?). When someone has a cold sore on their mouth or simply an oral infection with no sores present, and is the giver of oral sex to someone else, the virus can be spread from the mouth of the infected person to the genitals of the uninfected person. The receiver of the oral sex might then get genital herpes. The virus type doesn?t change (that is, it doesn?t change from type 1 to type 2), but the cold sore virus will simply live, and possibly recur, in the area of the genitals.
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 149
Genital Herpes
Posted: 8/6/2006 12:08:00 AM
nope..

HPV = Human Papillomavirus Virus....

HSV = Herpes Simplex Virus....

Make sure the site you are checking is a reputable medical site...

good sites are the CDC (Center for Disease Control) or ASHA (American Social Health Association)....

having High Risk HPV cells does not always mean they will become cancer... it just means you have the strand of HPV that can cause cancer... most/many forms of HPV resolve on their own in time... as long as you continue to follow up with your medical professional and get your yearly checks... it should be fine... cervical cancer is slow moving.. and if you are getting checked yearly or 2 times a year... it will be fine..

and FYI... HPV... which I think is what you are saying you have.. is an STD... sorry to be the barrier of that news... all strands are sexually transmitted....

edit... you are being lead by your fears sassy... read the site I posted (Westover Heights).. it is the most well know for reseach and treatment of herpes... and they say you can't get it that way... there is no evidence that it can be transmitted by casual contact... including a toliet... that would be so very unlikely....

from ASHA.... under the herpes tab...

"There are no documented cases of a person getting genital herpes from an inanimate object such as a toilet seat, bathtub, or towel. Herpes is a very fragile virus and does not live long on surfaces."
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 151
Genital Herpes
Posted: 8/6/2006 2:59:10 AM
HPV is not genetic.. they do a DNA test on it to determine if the cells are in the high risk catagory,... but it is an STD... so yes Sassy... you had an STD... I am glad that it resolved itself for you...

funny because I think you keep disagreeing with yourself...

from the link you supplied... American Cancer Society....
If I test positive for HPV, how did I get it?

HPV is spread by skin-to-skin contact during sex. It can be spread by all forms of sex -- vaginal, oral, and anal.
 TimPommell
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Genital Herpes
Posted: 8/11/2006 3:08:34 PM
One thing is for sure.... we now know how ignorance is transferred!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >