Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 708
view profile
History
Genital HerpesPage 34 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)

Why is there not a cure for it by now?

Because the odds greatly favor that you and almost everyone else in this thread has some form of herpes (some estimates say up to about 90% of the population). And then most people who have it will never show a single symptom of it their entire life. A cure for it isn't really a high priority because extreme outbreaks are the exception to the rule. To pretty much everyone, it's only MAYBE an occasional minor inconvenience, but most likely asymptomatic for their entire life.
 StumbledBkn
Msg: 709
view profile
History
Genital Herpes
Posted: 7/19/2016 8:59:14 AM

My partners and I get tested for everything before we get physical. That way we can be completely relaxed, knowing that we are totally safe, with no nasty surprises down the line. Finally, for those who still insist that you can only be tested during an outbreak, wrong. There are several blood tests to detect herpes. I know. I've had them, and I'm clean. Hahahaha!

That's great that you can afford it. The only people I know that can afford it are the ones that have sex on an extremely seldom basis. And, by the way, don't relax 100%. Some blood tests are more/less reliable than others. The most reliable is a Western Blot which costs hundred$ and takes a month or so (if you're lucky) to get the results. And NONE (zero) are reliable if you've had sex 4-6 weeks before the test. It usually takes that long for antibodies to show up in the blood at a level that any blood test can detect.

For those that are skeptical of the 1 in 4 statistic, or the 70%-80% unaware statistic, don't go by how you "feel". It's a fact. Check out some reliable sources. That means, if you know beyond all doubt that your three best friends are not infected, then you're probably the one.

Frankly, there is no way for a sexually active single person to reduce their risk to zero. So if that's the goal, then the only choice is total abstinence.

Bottom line, you're statistically safer by picking up someone in a bar that knows they're infected, knows their own body, and knows how to protect a sex partner. I personally know several long term discordant couples (one hsv+ and one hsv-) who have been leading a normal monogamous sex life for many many years and yet, they remain discordant. So that tells me it's a manageable condition. If you run across "the one", and they're hsv+, I wouldn't head for the hills without at least doing some research first.

Good luck out there everybody :-)
 StumbledBkn
Msg: 710
view profile
History
Genital Herpes
Posted: 7/19/2016 1:45:04 PM

Here in Canada we just go to the doctor or clinic and the testing is free....

That's great if you live in Canada ;-)
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 711
view profile
History
Genital Herpes
Posted: 7/21/2016 6:08:16 AM

That's great that you can afford it.

Canada. It's covered. Socialized medicine is great. Don't let anyone tell you differently. (And no, it's not free, our taxes cover it)
 StumbledBkn
Msg: 712
view profile
History
Genital Herpes
Posted: 7/21/2016 12:43:18 PM
Has anyone read past the first line of my post?? LOL!
I can appreciate your love of country and its healthcare system, and I really do think it's great that you have it. But I was hoping to enlighten somebody with all the research and typing I did. My two fingered typing system doesn't exactly make for lightening fast keyboard work. Soooooo is nobody interested in the rest of my post? LOL!
 revoskeepnus
Msg: 713
view profile
History
Genital Herpes
Posted: 7/31/2016 5:50:17 PM
shingles, herpes, etc... all herpes infections are caused by lack of enzyme balance. Rahter, you break out when not in balance.

In the case of herpes it's Lysine and Arginine.

Taking Lysine will prevent any breakouts.

Honestly, that's probably what Valtrex is.

yer welcome.

ps I don't have it, just know about it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >