Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Un4gvn
Msg: 82
Boring SexPage 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
A friend told me that sex starts furthest away from the bedroom, I really started thinking about that and agree totally with what you have to say. It all starts in the mind, you have to be relaxed and in the mood, or at least have some foreplay to get you in the mood, if your partner doesn't even bother, I would hit the door runnin'.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Boring Sex
Posted: 2/15/2011 4:17:26 AM
"boring sex is when you have sex with the same person over and over this is why marriage equals to no sex and no sex equals to cheating or divorce"
I disagree completely. It isn't variety of partners that keeps it being fun, it's CARING about the partner that's the thrill. That, and having them desire you enough to be interested themselves. If the only thing that makes you want to do it, is switching the head out on the body in the bed with you, then it's likely you aren't so much having sex with someone, as performing a maintenance task. That's not THEIR fault, at least not entirely.
 AquanGold
Msg: 91
Boring Sex
Posted: 2/15/2011 5:05:58 AM
I have too disagree! Sex is never boring.. If it feels like that you`re doing something wrong. Its all in the stimulation, its about using your fingers,tongue, kissing and touch. Sometimes in conjunction with one another.If your partner is not responding surely, she`s not feeling it. That means her engine isn`t quite revved up.. Have you ever thought about introducing a pocket rocket into the mix? I`ve experienced partners who for whatever reason had past problems climaxing. I consider it an honor and a pleasure to be the guy, who gets them revved up.If it means performing oral for a few hours or simply teasing her with my penis, i`m in favor of doing whatever it takes. That's what makes sexual contact so exciting and pleasurable!
 femaleconnection
Msg: 93
Boring Sex
Posted: 2/17/2011 3:11:23 AM
I agree...when you care for someone, thier touch is never boring.

I had a one nighter once, to see what all the hoopla was about. That was boring. It was like using a vibrator with a mind of it's own and boring as hell. Makes sense to me tho, we didnt care for one another.

That is the only time sex has ever been boring for me.
 AquanGold
Msg: 94
Boring Sex
Posted: 2/17/2011 4:23:21 AM
Based on what many are stating, it seems its hard for a women to be aroused by someone she doesn`t love. The feeling and touch are not the same.Does that also prohibit a women from not be able to climax with a person she`s not into as well?
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 102
Boring Sex
Posted: 3/14/2011 11:57:35 AM

You get out of it....what you put into it...plain and simple. A good imagination is a terrible thing to waste....if you aren't using it to its fullest potential.

This isn't always true. Last year I had a BF that was a very kind/loving/romantic lover. On that note? He was actually quite ideal. However ~ he was not interested in the things I was interested in on a more "adventurous" side of things and I can't live with that romantic type sex non-stop. Two entirely different imaginations ~ two entirely different sexual beings. That is not something you just "imagine" away. Sometimes the sexual interests just don't mesh. We had talked about these things before we became intimately involved, but when it came time for practical application ~ he simply couldn't do it. Sexual compatibility is not always obtainable nor can some things be taught, nor should one person's needs/desires/interests be overlooked. JMO
 AquanGold
Msg: 109
Boring Sex
Posted: 4/18/2011 5:35:36 AM
If i`m with a partner who seems uninterested , i always like to go "back door" to keep it real. That always seems to change the mood and seems to heighten the arousal and pleasure for a person.
 OutMind
Msg: 110
Boring Sex
Posted: 4/18/2011 6:22:29 AM

I disagree. You can put your all into it and but some people (men and women) do not have a clue even if you spell it out for them and only like sex their way and God forbid you do something different or something 99% of the population is used to doing.

It was all about his needs. I actually faked it with him several times just so it would end. Any time I'd try something spontaneous he'd say "whaddya doin'????" like it was foreign to him. So I dropped him. I don't need a control freak in bed.

This proves my point. And you gave up to the point of actually faking it. So he didn't even get the idea of how bad he was. At least in the end you exercised your right to terminate the relationship.
 EasyPeasy72
Msg: 111
Boring Sex
Posted: 10/4/2011 8:59:34 PM
I think most women who are not thrilled by a particular guy just doesn't bother having sex with them anymore! But men call us frigid!
 Humptynumpty
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Boring Sex
Posted: 10/5/2011 5:29:00 AM
Sadly yes, no matter how I tried I found that I'd married a sack of spuds - nope, not King Edwards !
 want to travel
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Boring
Posted: 10/5/2011 6:41:57 AM
The truth is, a lot of people have major hang ups about , both men and women....
but women are the ones who can't seem to let go,they have ,are just as visual as men, and older women,(my age and up) where used to the man doing all the work, just like when they where teens, one woman said she fell asleep under her man, that tells me she has no imagination and expects the man to do everything.....
 MikeWM
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Boring Sex
Posted: 10/5/2011 8:08:30 AM
Wrong sunshine.

I hate to be the one to say it but many men are "too small" to give a woman great sex. Size should not matter but it does matter if you do not know how to "work it"

Its back a bit this one but I couldnt stop chuckling at it

If that applies to "many" of the men she has been with then I think theres a good chance the problem is linked to "something" being too big rather than small

I think chalking up a few hours of kegels per day or buying a muscletone enhancing set of bars and weights might be in order pmsl
 MikeWM
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Boring Sex
Posted: 10/5/2011 8:54:21 AM
So you'd enjoy 3 week old pizza without any toppings made on stale bread and with mouldy cheese then just because its "pizza"

WOW

If its not "good" pizza I'd rather eat something else personally
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 120
Boring Sex
Posted: 10/5/2011 9:03:20 AM
~OT~ Sleeper-sex I can think of a dozen or more things I'd rather do than waste time on dull, boring, lifeless sex. I spent an entire marriage in that situation. Even when it was half worth doing it wasn't worth doing. And yes, it was a two part problem. He thought foreplay was walking into the room and I thought him walking into the room meant more dull/lifeless/boring sex. OMG ~ I'm so glad that Judge signed that paper that gave me the right to have GREAT sex again. God bless our judicial system. At least I got back the right to have sex worth having. Woo hoo!!
 dondea
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Boring Sex
Posted: 10/5/2011 9:37:21 AM
Another boring sex routine can be "sympathy sex." It sux! It's usually from going without love making for so long, that your partner just goes through the motions. No passion. Again, it sux!
 joemac356
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Boring Sex
Posted: 10/8/2011 1:09:21 PM
I always used to think of sex as being one of the few things in life that, when it's bad, it's still pretty good. But, when it's good, it's great!!!

Then, I got married.
After a few years of not having any response to attempting to liven things up, I finally gave up. There's only so much one participant can do. She just didn't care.
I ended up telling her that she made me feel like a necrophiliac.

This BS about, 'You only get out of it what you put into it' is only true if your partner is responsive.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Boring Sex
Posted: 10/8/2011 7:13:25 PM
How the hell do you manage to have boring sex?.....are you leaving out the foreplay? If I can't have my mate climbing the walls beforehand, there isn't going to be any sex. I've never witnessed anyone that was more than ready be boring when it got down to business. I think your problem is knowing when or when not to f*ck.
 MikeWM
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Boring Sex
Posted: 10/10/2011 6:13:45 AM

Not to be mean but you can only be bored if you are uninteresting

I think comments like that tend to either just show a lack of experience or variety of sexual partners or transferance tbh

There are undeniably droves of people floating around who just arent very "sexual", who dont really enjoy sex, see it as more of a chore than anything, or are heavily conflicted by social or religious views that conflict with their own desires and pleasures to name just a few of the more common reasons

And without spending a LOT of time with a therapist those types will be "boring" in bed to anybody who actually knows what decent mutually driven sex CAN be like

Obviously to someone else with a tepid sex drive or who has only ever experienced mediocre sex they will seem "great" but that doesnt mean they "are" great in the sack to anybody with a healthier level of sexual appetite or a broader experience of sex ranging from the dull to the amazing
 Pingshooter
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Boring Sex
Posted: 10/15/2011 12:56:54 PM

No. If I'm bored it isn't going to get anywhere close to having sex.

Good answer.

I have never had boring sex, and don't intend to. Not bragging, just sayin..
 grumpygrumpy
Msg: 139
Boring Sex
Posted: 10/20/2011 3:03:12 PM
What's the difference between a nymphomaniac, a prostitute and a wife?
A nymphomaniac says, "Did you start yet?
A prostitute says, "Did you finished yet?"
A wife says, "Honey, the ceiling needs painting."
 grumpygrumpy
Msg: 146
Boring Sex
Posted: 10/21/2011 11:18:33 AM

My husband always knows when im bored because I lay there and stare into space. I wonder if I should pretend?

Sure . . . . why not?
He already is.
 grumpygrumpy
Msg: 147
Boring Sex
Posted: 10/21/2011 11:24:03 AM

I know it won't be 'long' allnight sex

Definition of old age:
Old age is when it takes you all night to do
what you used to do all night . . . . . . javascript:smilie('')
 2Sweet4U2
Msg: 156
Boring Sex
Posted: 12/24/2011 5:28:26 PM
A woman should always be pleased properly for sure you need to make her go repeatedly and make that g spot tingle like its never done before. Then the man can go on and do what ever is going to be next but yes her first all over...
 neck romancer
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Boring Sex
Posted: 12/26/2011 1:39:26 AM
Ive had many bj's where I was watching the clock and thinking about what I need to do later. Some I even stopped because it wasnt going any where . After correcting their techniques this was no longer an issue.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Boring Sex
Posted: 12/27/2011 3:33:08 PM
After reading the thread, I am lucky.

I have never had boring sex, thankfully. Not sure if it is because of how "I" feel about sex, or if it was just the long term, 30+ year marriage where we were deeply in love, and lust with each other, or the sex with the woman I had after the demise of my wife..but I have never had boring sex.

I'm not sure how I would react..honestly..bad, like I did something wrong? Dunno..
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >