Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dee4166
Msg: 668
view profile
History
WOMEN have a VERY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE on POF then MEN !!!Page 15 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)
Yes,sorry there dragon...going to have to agree to disagree....
This:

You notice the way women will try to fool you and say “I have not had a relationship for 4 years !!”

But in them for four years she has swallowed gallons of cums and used as hump and dump material by various men.

Is just a small example of a disgusting and misogynistc, generalized statement made by this disturbed individual....
As were the MAJORITY of his posts...

Don't remember NDTFan saying anything like that....
If I cared to, I could go back and quote all of his other "monolithic world views" as you call them,although I prefer the term insane rantings,myself..., but I really don't care that much....

Even if NDTFan was doing the EXACT same thing,I would not agree with that either....and have personally never "jumped on anyone's band wagon", when it is an extreme one...

I don't need to come here and hear some sicko's "point of view" when it LARGELY utilizes phrases, such as "all women are heifers, sluts, stupid", etc

If he tried to share those views in any publication to be consumed by the public,other than here,he would have been charged with dissemination of hate -propaganda ,just as quickly as any white supremacist, a long time ago....

But, you are entitled to believe what you want....
 Dee4166
Msg: 670
view profile
History
WOMEN have a VERY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE on POF then MEN !!!
Posted: 11/3/2014 6:35:48 PM
And my point was that the content of what he had to say WAS classified under "hate speech" despite whether or not he was "trying to elicit" any specific reaction...

Which I stand by and it is....

The Criminal Code prohibits "hate propaganda." The Canadian Human Rights Act prohibits discrimination on various grounds, and forbids the posting of hateful or contemptuous messages on the Internet.
 patchjoker13
Msg: 671
Posted: 11/3/2014 11:47:34 PM
The bottom line is when some women bash men on here they are not addressed as harshly as men who just try to point out their problems on this site. Also, some women say things on here like "I'm tired of fat disgusting pervs always trying to talk to me", and stuff like that. If a guy came on here and said something like "I can't believe how many fat cows approach me at the bars", or "Not all women are bad, just 99.5% of them are", many of the women on here would have a problem with it, and rightfully so. Another thing, when most men have little success on POF it is always seen as the guy's fault, when the ladies have problems on POF, or with the guys they choose, it's the guy's fault. Hate is hate, sexism is sexism, it does not matter how you try to hide it, spin it, or justify it. Everyone hates and everyone is a hypocrite. It is all good to me though because I have no faith in romance or either gender.
 Dee4166
Msg: 673
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2014 4:28:12 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^
You SO funny man.....LMAO
@patch....

Let me be perfectly CLEAR,here.....

A "comment"or even two that is "off-colour" is NOT a problem for me from EITHER gender....I'm really NOT that rigid...
I put that down to that particular person's personal experience....and the fact that they need to "vent"...

When somebody goes on and on and on and ON...ranting and raving about ANYBODY in such a disgusting, contemptuous and malicious manner....for pages and PAGES....
THEN I have a problem with that.....

There's a big difference in the rantings of someone who is disappointed and/or bitter and hating the world at a certain point...and what THAT guy was doing....

In EVERY SINGLE POST he managed to work in his derogatory views on women...EVERY....SINGLE....POST.....if you care to, you should really go back in the rape thread and check out some of his comments under his prior incarnation, "batpool"

A number of years ago,here in Montreal, there was a guy who walked into a local University and SHOT 14 women DEAD....His name was Marc Lepine
It was discovered later that HE ALSO, had VERY similar "views" on women and "their place" in this world and his "solution" was to just ELIMINATE 14 innocent women, trying to better themselves through education....
That's FOURTEEN WOMEN who lost their LIVES, because of what ONE SICK MAN "believed"....

In another thread they are talking about one of those "senseless crimes" ( a trooper being killed) that just recently occurred in the States and I'll repeat HERE what I said there, which is that these people will latch onto ANYTHING to support their own twisted ideology....and justify senseless acts of violence perpetrated on innocent people...male or female, rich or poor, republicans or democrats, christians or muslims or jews, etc.
Was Hitler not a prime, and extreme, example of that?

There is NO rhyme or reason, to SANE PEOPLE that's what makes it SENSELESS.

The point being that our ONLY defense as opposed to yet more restrictions being placed on the general population to CONTAIN the problem not to mention the drain on limited resources that entails, is to learn to IDENTIFY those sick and twisted individuals BEFORE they can actually HARM anyone....

I'm sorry that you feel that this guy was somehow only doing what others here have done and that somehow justifies his behaviour, but I don't agree, and neither does the law....

I don't want to find out someday that this sick individual has decided to actually take ACTION in a "real life" setting and eliminate some innocent woman(en), based on his twisted beliefs and that COULD have been prevented if people had only PAID ATTENTION, rather than excusing that behaviour by some misguided sense of "fairness" and "pseudo-equality" based on what someone ELSE has said...

WomanInProgress
Msg: 674
Posted: 11/4/2014 4:49:35 AM

The bottom line is when some women bash men on here they are not addressed as harshly as men who just try to point out their problems on this site. Also, some women say things on here like "I'm tired of fat disgusting pervs always trying to talk to me", and stuff like that. If a guy came on here and said something like "I can't believe how many fat cows approach me at the bars", or "Not all women are bad, just 99.5% of them are", many of the women on here would have a problem with it, and rightfully so.

I personally don't have a preference for either gender on bashing. It's immature and doesn't add anything to an intelligent discussion - and the obvious would be that they don't have to deal with it so there's no point in the conversation.

Another thing, when most men have little success on POF it is always seen as the guy's fault, when the ladies have problems on POF, or with the guys they choose, it's the guy's fault. Hate is hate, sexism is sexism, it does not matter how you try to hide it, spin it, or justify it. Everyone hates and everyone is a hypocrite. It is all good to me though because I have no faith in romance or either gender.

It's generally the fault of the person who's not doing well when they complain online or off - mostly because in order to complain they have to be placing too much importance on it. When dating some will like you and some won't. If you only want someone who wants you - you won't care how many don't. It's the mentality that the clock is ticking while you're single and that being single and a decent person you are owed a chance/a date that causes the complaining.

Unless you want people who aren't in your best interest to date you so that you can be right and get attention - of course.
 patchjoker13
Msg: 676
Posted: 11/4/2014 8:45:14 AM
I am not saying that this guy is not an idiot. I am saying that there is a lot of idiotic stuff I see on these forums. As far as people posting personal experiences, you are assuming that these incidents are all true and not just propaganda to spread their sexist views. According to NDTFan almost every guy who approaches her is a rapist. Come on people, you really believe that bull sh*t.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 678
Posted: 11/4/2014 11:58:59 AM

According to NDTFan almost every guy who approaches her is a rapist. Come on people, you really believe that bull sh*t.

Where are you getting this from? I don't ever remember reading anything she wrote as having that tone to it. Please quote where she said this, please.

Such drama.

There are entitled egotistical men out there that believe if you are female and single (and even that's questionable) you are required to entertain their interest. I've met them. Now I am kind of a b**ch so I just let em have it, but that in no way excuses the behavior for all men who do this.

Google ByeFilipe on Instagram. Some good examples there.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 679
Posted: 11/4/2014 2:59:41 PM
Same thing, let's say I go on a date, sort of like the woman, but find her to be too into herself. I make an advance and she deflects it, so after that I keep to myself and go home. In the end it was a good date, but not something to write home about. For someone else, that experience may be considered a total failure and demoralizing, chastising women for being so stuck up. For the woman, she probably thought that I was to sexually forward and a pig. Or that I didn't have the balls to continue pursuing her thus she may have thought I was a just a nice guy.

Very well put. A large majority of people are going to stereotype to one degree or another, which is affected by their bad past experiences, their friends/family stories, man-talk/woman-talk experiences, etc. Some more than others, and yes, you'll have woman-haters & man-haters out there (who rarely see themselves as such; they think they're really cool just that almost all men & women are [this way]).

I've met two women before for the first time on different occasions, getting different results, without them remembering it was me. One had a VASTLY different perspective of me, and she described the "other guy" (because I 'kind of looked like him' - lol) as completely different than I was when I first met her. We hit it off, never told that one. And besides those two, I wrote one girl a bit online and she blew me off, then 6 weeks later met her in person at a bar without realizing it -- and going home to her place that night, THEN realizing it was her due to her picture on her nightstand being the same one. She was all about me, but why not online?

People are way too much gut-oriented/assumptive-driven... and when they do and they're emotionally biased -- look out. Reality vs their perspective gets skewed. Kinda sad.
 the_summerwind
Msg: 682
Posted: 11/4/2014 4:36:04 PM

According to NDTFan almost every guy who approaches her is a blank. Come on people, you really believe that bull sh*t.

And if you missed video by Shoshana B. Roberts, last week, NDTF might have some credence in her complaining..... but if the likes of a Marilyn Monroe or some other very attractive female out there.... lets hope they might give her some advice in how to handle her very attractiveness in this male over zealous behavior.
As its in the male DNA to look at something that is attractive....& will sometimes go over & above the norm.

As a lot of women are not as high strung or blunt as men....unless your at a rock concert, bar,party etc then when, all bets are off ....^^^^^cheers
 Dragracer428
Msg: 683
Posted: 11/4/2014 4:49:46 PM

I only tried 45-55, so I guess it's age related then. Odd, I have always assumed that young people would be out and about in the real world a lot more and that us oldies.

Seems younger men will try more avenues to try find someone to date. POF can be tough for young women, they get barraged with messages, some not so nice.
For the "older" set who tend to not go where potential dates can be met online dating is a workable way to meet people outside their normal social circle. Online dating has been very good for me even though the selection of both sexes is quite limited in my area
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 684
Posted: 11/4/2014 10:43:25 PM

I put in my demographic. There are 412 men, 503 women. Then did the same on Match...326 men, 437 women. I tried it by active today and the ratio of females was ever higher.

On POF though, my buddy told me (and I verified this) -- you can't do that logged in. You have to log out, THEN click on the search. It opens up all the women who would have weeded you out based on THEIR criteria. You won't get that the other way. Plus, limits it to 700, so you can't be too open.

In my not-big area, if I choose age 32-39 (anything else goes), 25m radius for all those online within 24 hours: Men: 495. Women: 285.

Also, if you're looking for a Jewish non-drinker (by your profile)-- well, yes. You're right. Some unique demographics Might work in a guy's favor I guess. But let's find out either way! And I hear among older folks, or maybe even real young people -- it tends to even out more.

YOUR area (Vancouver) - 5m radius, thin/athletic/average, no-kids (age 34-37) -- to narrow it down within 24 hrs: Men: 625. Women: 248. ANYTHING on kids, but (34-36): Men: 541. Women: 226
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 686
Posted: 11/5/2014 1:00:43 AM
"This proves my point about women being treated like Hollywood stars on dating sites."

Yes, that is why I become depressed and closed all my online accounts-because I felt like a Hollywood star.
 Ainen
Msg: 687
Posted: 11/5/2014 2:46:25 AM
The searches in post 699 show the vast majority of people who seek long term are men, that women put less serious intent?

The most recent post I saw by NDT had the word "rape", but that was trash talk from gamer geeks. Unlikely they'd leave their mom's basement and travel to her remote corner of the world.

Cannot agree with whoever said guys should do what she demands. Don't approach anyone unless you have the same interests - bad advice, most people in relationships have varying interests. She also expects men to be chivalrous eunuch knights and step in to attack any guy who doesn't behave the way she wants. In one case she violated etiquette and spoke to a guy who was stuck in an elevator with her, telling him she liked his jacket. "Is this guy bothering you" is the absolute worst way to hit on someone.

Regarding the poster who got banned, it is a disservice to the victims of actual hate crimes to claim his posts incite hate. Those posts actually add credibility to his conspiracy claims, as he had posted about laws in France that criminalize mild behavior. I've seen much worse posts, but because the targets were Muslims and straight men, the thought police didn't complain.

If the banned guy was trolling, he might be laughing now that people got their knickers in a twist so much.
 Dee4166
Msg: 688
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2014 4:14:49 AM

Regarding the poster who got banned, it is a disservice to the victims of actual hate crimes to claim his posts incite hate. Those posts actually add credibility to his conspiracy claims, as he had posted about laws in France that criminalize mild behavior. I've seen much worse posts, but because the targets were Muslims and straight men, the thought police didn't complain.

If the banned guy was trolling, he might be laughing now that people got their knickers in a twist so much.

Fortunately the Law is pretty specific and clear about what constitutes "hate speech". No "disservice" there....
So nobody's "opinion" on his comments are really at issue here.
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 690
Posted: 11/5/2014 5:49:44 PM

well, I think maybe the difference is she talks about her personal experiences; and does not equate male posts/posters to Hitler wanting to exterminate the entire black race.

No, just countless generalizations about the male sex, combined with a blatant refusal to comprehend what is being said

There is kind of a double standard here. And sadly, that includes some of the moderators. I actually got banned for a week for a post saying that I'm going exactly how she treats me, that if she's showing no respect, condescending, etc. that I'm going to do the same right back. You can apparently be banned for that. Yet COUNTLESS personal attacks, picking fights, accusing men of only trying to get sex, accusing men of being creepy for saying hi, that's clearly OK to do. But I can guarantee you that if I started a thread and just claimed that all women are gold-diggers, tonight will be the last night I'm allowed to post on these forums.

Also, I think he wasn't comparing posters to Hitler, he was using that to support his argument of he doesn't care what your opinion is. He was saying that if Hitler wanted to kill off every black person in the world, he'd just get on with his life instead of being so caught up in everyone else's thoughts. He'd leave Hitler to do his thing instead of throwing a tantrum. It doesn't mean he agrees, it just means that it's of completely no concern to him, and he's just going to get over it and move on. Go back and reread it.

But nobody slows down to actually understand what people are saying. And we see this all the time. I can make a post about a common trend women do that annoys me, and the same few of you will immediately respond with this inability to get dates that I apparently have, and tell me that I should start looking for a different type of girl than that... Everyone is just so ready to start a fight, that the'll look for something to attack, without even understanding what is being said. Which is probably what my ban was for... Using the word "you" to make as my example... as in "If you treat me with no respect, then I'm going to treat you with no respect." Now, to anyone with basic reading comprehension skills, you can clearly see that it's saying "I'm going to treat you how you treat me.", but I can guarantee you I got banned for making a threat.
 Dee4166
Msg: 692
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2014 6:22:24 PM

I wonder if it really a double standard, or is it that men don't complain as often as some women do to a moderator.

For instance, have you ever lodged a complaint?

Actually I've never complained to a mod,and wasn't planning on it in this case either...
If he shows up again, and still hasn't "taken his meds", I plan on going even farther than that....

Denial and dismissal of what's right in front of people has been getting people killed and/or injured for a LONG time....

While others may see him as "harmless" and are trying to compare him with other people to minimize what he has said, as I mentioned before, the laws are pretty clear...

If anyone really feels that they've encountered that before, from ANYONE, then I urge them to consider that...

At the very LEAST by complaining about a person HERE, they are at least denied an easy "audience" for spreading their propaganda...
 Blackwood85
Msg: 696
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2014 7:50:34 AM
I agree with mike, in Pools string of idiocy, he can make solid points but he speaks in absolutes and 9 times out of 10, I don't agree with him but if he scaled it back it wouldn't be so bad but at the end of the day, I see him as a troll, he says what he says to elicit an reaction and maybe he thinks he's making a good point by using extremes but it is what it is. I'm not going to weep for him because he'll come back and get banned again and the cycle will continue.

As for NDT, I don't think she's a troll but I see her in the same vein. While she may not speak in absolute terms, she doesn speak in extremes and she does seem to have an low opinion of men in general. Whether she's in a relationship or noot t, it really doesn't matter. I know misogynists and misandrists who are in relationships with the opposite sex. I doubt she's had so many bad experiences with men over and over and over again in the same area, same spot, unless she's a moron which she doesn't seem to be. I doubt she would put herself in the same situation multiple times. It would be akin to me going to West Baltimore at 2 AM by myself decked out in jewelry and my wallet is visible holding cash and black cards, I then get robbed and I tell myself "Not doing that again" only the next night to do the same thing and getting robbed again. While no one deserves to be harassed, you have to be smart. I'm a 29 year old black male in the military and trained to defend myself, I still won't go to a shady club in which I may get stabbed or hit by a stray bullet by myself, I may have done it when I was 19-22 but not now.

But I digress her issue seems to be of the assumption that most men are vile creatures who just want to get into her pants and while she may not outright say it, her tone says otherwise. She goes into a bar feeling defensive already, her attitude is negative and she's expecting the worst to happen. It's an unhealthy way of living. I dated a girl for an year, the first 3 months were great but she had bad experiences with men, so she assumed the worst was going to happen, that I was lying to her, cheating on her, was going to cheat on her, attack her etc...it didn't take much for her to go off on accusations and ruin a perfectly good date and a man can only take so much so I broke up with her. We can be on the defensive and keep our guards up 24/7.

I don't think I'll ever be banned for a short post ever.
 patchjoker13
Msg: 699
Posted: 11/8/2014 11:55:12 PM
It is all the same old hypocritical bull sh*t. Many times on these forums, when a girl has problems with men, the problems are validated and seen as truth. When a guy has problems with women it is often addressed as if he is the source of his own problems. Can't this work both ways? Of course there are men who are mean pervs and slobs, there are also women who are bitter hags who hate men because of their own stupid choices. My mind is clear enough to see the hate from all directions. And BTW, my feelings can never be hurt because I don't care what people think of me. Most people are not worth the time and are just projecting their own insecurities. It is easy to talk tough online because it is not the real world. Like I said once before, some people on here like to pretend they are a fierce lioness, but they are really just a weak little kitten. A real lioness would not allow such stupid, weak, and pathetic men to influence her world or reality. Just Saying.........
 ladyc4
Msg: 700
Posted: 11/9/2014 7:02:40 AM

My mind is clear enough to see the hate from all directions. And BTW, my feelings can never be hurt because I don't care what people think of me.

It's not a matter of not caring, it's a matter of you have given up.
And you are waving that " I give up" banner on high.
If you really didn't care we'd not be seeing that banner.
Unless a "lioness" intends to live in total isolation, there will always be stupid, weak and pathetic PEOPLE to be dealt with. The UP side of all that is the good, honorable,strong people one also gets to deal with.
If you really didn't care, if you really had given up, we wouldn't have your shining presence on PoF and the forums.
If I didn't care at all, if I had totally given up I wouldn't be here.
What I have done is developed some perspective. And I realize that perhaps this perspective is accessible to me because of my particular circumstance.
As far as hating the other gender because of what the other gender has done to them, I think that is too specific a reason. I can't allege that some people are born haters, but I do not believe that all gender-directed "hatred" necessarily comes from romantically-based mistreatment and/or disappointment.
Cindy O
 Dee4166
Msg: 701
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2014 12:13:26 PM

As far as hating the other gender because of what the other gender has done to them, I think that is too specific a reason. I can't allege that some people are born haters, but I do not believe that all gender-directed "hatred" necessarily comes from romantically-based mistreatment and/or disappointment.
Cindy O

I agree,with the exception of the quotes on hatred....
Actually a LOT of gender based hatred comes from the person's values to begin with....
In my family a LOT of the women believe that men are "useless", that they ALL eventually leave by Death and/or cheating and I can go on with all of the usual complaints that women generally have about men...
I was brought up surrounded by those attitudes....
BUT...
I also noticed that there really weren't a lot of men in my environment to validate the veracity of these claims and resolved to discover the truth about men, for MYSELF....

I sought out men and have/had MANY male friends over the years and being of a curious Nature, I asked a LOT of questions...
I had little to no experience with men and seeing as they are approx. HALF the population and I did eventually want to have sex, well,I figured it was in my best interests to do that.
The result?
Well I figured out that men are just people, all struggling with their own issues,just as women were....With their own set of gender "rules" and restrictions to navigate....
Helped me to be a lot more sympathetic and understanding for the most part...

Even today I have stopped my sister from spreading the programming to the next generation by stopping her when she goes on a tirade about men, especially when my nieces were within ear shot...
My sister's experiences in her Life have validated the "anti-men" POV of the women in my family, and she has NOT had a lot of positive experiences to draw on....since childhood.
A lot of that has to do with the fact that people tend to seek out situations that support their already established POV rather than have to change it. I have personally watched her do that throughout her Life....

Many people don't have the insight to actually see that's what they are doing, which is why when people tell me that they are noticing ANY kind of recurring pattern of behaviour in their lives, I recommend counseling....
It can help to cut away all of the BS more quickly than introspection alone, if you have a GOOD therapist and it will guide you towards a more insightful and clear perspective....

@ MBL
I'm too tired for quotes....LOL
So I may be paraphrasing or perhaps just seeing what you said through my own "filter" but it appears that you are advocating "greater understanding" for those who come on here that are communicating their own frustration etc. on an unconscious level....

There ARE plenty of people that I term "crispy critters" (copyright Dee4166 2014. thanks Mike for the tip! lol)
who I can see are suffering from OLD burnout and I am infinitely patient with that because we all go through moments like that....

The problem that I had with the poster in question (batpool)were with all of the colourful names that he came up with to describe women, which denotes to me something OTHER than the usual rants...
Many people on here,from the content of their posts may think that I'm overreacting, but I really don't care, frankly...
I am not being unsympathetic, or intolerant here....
I have worked with enough men who are behind bars for crimes against women to know what does and doesn't constitute a threat and that ability to make quick assessments has saved my ass on MORE than one occasion, LITERALLY....
I value THAT much more than the opinions of anybody posting on a forum,no offense intended...
I will not ignore it and stand by each and every comment that I made as well as the fact that should he come back, spewing the same hate propaganda, then I WILL take further action...

NOT a threat...just a promise....
 Dee4166
Msg: 705
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2014 2:52:02 PM
@MBL

Gotcha!!!
And I do agree...it IS up to the individual to recognize and change their behaviour otherwise they are caught in a cycle of repetitive actions that ultimately "proves" their own "pet theories" right....

And nobody else CAN do that for them....

Thing is that with THIS particular individual, he appears to have those theories "set in stone" and is just working on justifying them, to WHAT end...
Well THAT'S what I find worrisome....
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 706
Posted: 11/12/2014 4:58:10 AM

You believe that it's up to women to improve your experiences with dating because you're "sick" of putting in the hard work of doing it yourself; believing that that "hard work" is now a blessing if SHE'S doing it.

No. Like I've explained many times. I believe it's up to women to improve THEIR dating experience. That instead of complaining she can't find a nice guy, date a nice guy. I just expect women to put in their 50% of the relationship. Nothing more. Be the women you expect us to see you as. But I guess that advice only applies to guys.

Actually, you got banned for saying that you would get up in some woman's face if she "disrespected" you by ignoring you or not giving you what you felt was an appropriate amount of attention when you go up to her... you admitted that you would follow her and make it clear to everyone around what you thought of her... making sure they knew how much of a b*tch she is. Then when some people had the nerve to tell you that they considered that sort of thing well, quite insane, you went off on them.

Really? I said that I would follow her? How about actually backing up some of these claims you make for once?
I said I'd treat her the same way she treated me. Honestly, what's wrong with that? Why do I owe you respect if you don't give me any? I never said I would follow someone, but I'll yell back, I'll stand up for myself. I'm not going to hit a girl, but I'm going to stand up for myself. Unless you meant where I said that I'd say something when we have a date and she decides to just be a no-show, and I'm talking about the 4th or 5th date, not the first time meeting someone from POF, which is something else you never seem to grasp, the fact that there's dates beyond the first, and not every date is with a complete stranger. There are first dates with people you already knew.

We can't win. Guys are supposed to have a backbone, yet to you, let women walk all over them at the same time, because standing up for yourself means you're following her around making her know how terrible of a person she is.
 Ainen
Msg: 707
Posted: 11/12/2014 5:43:23 AM

That's really interesting, since the tact that most of the complainers take is that women should be friendly to any man who approaches her, since we're throwing away good opportunities to spend our time with men we find sexually uninteresting on the off chance that some guy really might have a personality after all....

In the elevator incident, you approached him by saying you liked his jacket, and he was trapped.

If you two had been on a sidewalk where either party could easily walk away, the other person could be gracious and say "thanks", then look away and walk away to show polite disinterest.

The main two situations to compliment someone's clothing are as an opening line when you find someone attractive, and to be supportive when someone you know wears something "new" to boost their confidence. Because my fashion is "terrible" with almost no "nice" clothes, I almost never experience a girl literally liking some article of clothing I'm wearing and saying so at face value.

For example, I might go jogging while wearing a mismatched pair of ancient tube socks, one with blue racing stripes and the other with green racing stripes. A girl might say, "I like your socks!", to which I reply, "Thanks, I've got another pair just like this at home!"

When in a building with multiple stories, I take the stairs whenever possible. Stair climbing is excellent exercise. Elevator etiquette discourages saying anything other than a floor number.

Now, to anyone with basic reading comprehension skills, you can clearly see that it's saying "I'm going to treat you how you treat me.", but I can guarantee you I got banned for making a threat.

Actually, you got banned for saying that you would get up in some woman's face if she "disrespected" you by ignoring you or not giving you what you felt was an appropriate amount of attention when you go up to her... you admitted that you would follow her and make it clear to everyone around what you thought of her... making sure they knew how much of a b*tch she is. Then when some people had the nerve to tell you that they considered that sort of thing well, quite insane, you went off on them.

How does anyone other than the moderator know exactly why someone was banned? Did someone message the moderator and ask, "Why was this poster banned?" and the moderator replied why?

The one time I was suspended from posting on the forums, when I tried to log on to post, the site brought up the text of the supposedly bad post and said who the banner was. "Miss_andrist" didn't say why she instituted the ban. Most likely she disagreed with something I wrote and saw the post after a whining net-cop went crying to the mods after not agreeing with the post. The whole thread was deleted almost immediately after it began (an illegal "Am I ugly?" topic in Ask a Guy, posted around July 4 by an alleged female pilot) so I can't link to the thread to prove people get banned for frivolous reasons. It was 10-14 days, impersonal in the sense anyone who posted the text would have suffered the same fate.

People get banned for frivolous reasons such as the mod not agreeing with a post, and people often get away with making posts that could warrant a ban. It's a crapshoot, but I doubt the mod would have banned anyone had the genders in the post been reversed.

The recently departed troll obviously deserved to be banned, but the example post was bad only for the explicit dirty language, not for committing or inciting any hate crime. He correctly posted that some women claim they've been celibate for a long time when in reality they've done stuff more recently.
 Dee4166
Msg: 709
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2014 7:47:38 AM

The recently departed troll obviously deserved to be banned, but the example post was bad only for the explicit dirty language, not for committing or inciting any hate crime.

Hate speech laws in Canada include provisions in the Criminal Code of Canada, provisions in the Human Rights Act and in other federal legislation, and statutory provisions in each of Canada's ten provinces and three territories. The Criminal Code prohibits "hate propaganda." The Canadian Human Rights Act prohibits discrimination on various grounds, and forbids the posting of hateful or contemptuous messages on the Internet.

This is a Canadian site....
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 710
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2014 8:42:37 AM

People get banned for frivolous reasons

I was once banned for three days for saying that I like peanut butter. No joke.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >