Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 150
WOMEN have a VERY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE on POF then MEN !!!Page 3 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)
I don't know if I should be insulted or complimented, but I've
never received any sexy object messages here.

My experience has been, unless I contact someone, the people
that contact me are either quite a bit older or quite a bit younger.
The people I contact are either slow to want to meet or fade out
after a few emails.

Of the people I've met, I've had the "I'll call yous" (and they don't)
or the "We should do this agains)" (and we don't). I always send
a message thanking them for meeting up with me, and if I'm not
interested I'll say. I've not had a guy message me back saying they
aren't interested...they just disappear.

In my case, I feel as though I'm more proactive, but I wasn't getting
any positive results. I've discovered I'm better off in real life...so that's
where I stay. It's more fun for me to fantasize about the nice guys in here
and share the reality with the nice guys out there.
 south_city
Msg: 151
WOMEN have a VERY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE on POF then MEN !!!
Posted: 8/16/2014 7:13:56 AM
It doesn't matter to me whether I get "No Thanks" or no response to the initial email when a woman isn't interested. However not responding doesn't always prevent rude emails. Some women ( and men as well ) have told me that they got messages such as "You think you are too good for me, stuck up b!tch" because they didn't reply.

Divorced men don't necessarily have it any easier than their female counterparts. He may have to work 2 jobs to pay alimony and/or child support. Whatever free time from work he has is often spent with his children.
 NoBuddies_Fool
Msg: 152
Posted: 8/16/2014 7:42:48 AM
Divorced men don't necessarily have it any easier than their female counterparts. He may have to work 2 jobs to pay alimony and/or child support. Whatever free time from work he has is often spent with his children

Could be true or in my case and a lot of other women out there.... I worked 2 jobs to support 2 children and keep a roof over their heads with a whopping...100 dollar support money and he seldom seen them....
Point being...everyone has a story or excuses.
As far as women having different experiences on here than men....sheesh, I would think that goes without saying.
Depending on "age...attitude...looks...location...wants/needs"....experiences are all going to differ with both genders.

I can't complain...as an old,fat gal...I have had a lot of good meets....made a few good friends...had some laughs.
I can only control my own actions and if someone fails to respond to me or if I say no to someone....and they retaliate in rudeness...meh!!
Some people take this far too serious and some look at this as a popularity contest!
A few people come on here....thinking to themselves...they are all that and this should be easy...why can't they see me for who I am??
And when it doesn't happen the way they expect it to or they get rejected..... they start with the blaming/excuses.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 153
Posted: 8/16/2014 8:18:03 AM
Could be true or in my case and a lot of other women out there.... I worked 2 jobs to support 2 children and keep a roof over their heads with a whopping...100 dollar support money and he seldom seen them....
Point being...everyone has a story or excuses.
As far as women having different experiences on here than men....sheesh, I would think that goes without saying.
Depending on "age...attitude...looks...location...wants/needs"....experiences are all going to differ with both genders

So that means that women have the upper hand

so true, different situations unique to each woman, &...

a 20 something year old chick in L.A. is very different than a 50 something year old chick in upstate NY, as is a 20 something in upstate NY, as is a 50 something in L.A.

Age, location, etc.
attitudes, platitudes, etc.
needy, clingy, aloof, etc.

This is a free site, what do u expect? If u meet one decent person, what did u lose? but it is free...not that it is any excuse for bad behavior...the truth is, women have a very different experience than men IN GENERAL not just online on POF

Yes women have the upper hand, we have "The V" & men want access to "The V"- HAIL TO THE V!!!!!!
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 154
Posted: 8/16/2014 8:23:55 AM
^^^^^^^^^
And men are the gateway to commitment. Hail to the "C"
 south_city
Msg: 155
Posted: 8/16/2014 8:24:49 AM

I know that can apply to women as well. My original comment was in response to a woman that claimed it was hard to her meet men outside of internet dating because she was a single and/or divorced mother.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 156
Posted: 8/16/2014 1:25:07 PM

This is a free site, what do u expect? If u meet one decent person, what did u lose? but it is free...not that it is any excuse for bad behavior...

Paid sites are just as bad. There are people on the paid sites that think paying entitled them to return emails and the right to behave badly. I had more bad experiences with men sending explicit emails on the paid sites than I had on POF.

Yes women have the upper hand, we have "The V" & men want access to "The V"- HAIL TO THE V!!!!!

I am so embarrassed when statements like this are bandied about. Holding your vagina as something special is perverse. Holding your dignity is what's important.

As for women having a different experience with online dating I admit to being approached more online than I was in "real life". However, the way I was approached occasionally creeped me out. In real life men didn't walk up and ask what my favorite sexual position was or to show my breasts. They didn't walk up then whip off their shirt or drop their drawers. In real life if I rejected the man he didn't tell me I'm too ugly to f--k and that he'd have had to put a bag on my head to even try.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 157
Posted: 8/16/2014 2:11:19 PM
Yes women have the upper hand, we have "The V" & men want access to "The V"- HAIL TO THE V!!!!!
I am so embarrassed when statements like this are bandied about. Holding your vagina as something special is perverse. Holding your dignity is what's important.

Yes. The statement is cringeworthy for anyone (male or female) having a true respect for themself and the opposite gender. It reflects a perspective that the male/female dynamic is based on "commodity exchange." Fortunately, most emotionally healthy humans see themselves as a "whole being" versus a body part to which "access" can be granted via some form of transaction.

Unfortunately, there is a very unhealthy subculture that adheres to this perspective, most frequently found promoting/peddling their belief system and "V"(s) on street corners and Nevada's legal brothels. After all, if "access" can be bought so easily, the commodity can't be that valuable. Oh, well, you get what you "pay" for.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 158
Posted: 8/16/2014 3:39:42 PM
Sorry you feel that way. I do not think people understand the meaning(s) of what I posted.

It reflects a perspective that the male/female dynamic is based on "commodity exchange." Fortunately, most emotionally healthy humans see themselves as a "whole being" versus a body part to which "access" can be granted via some form of transaction.

All relationships, even non-romantic ones, have a commodity exchange, BUT ESP. ROMANTIC ones!

Like I have a new female friend, she listens to me, I listen to her. That is our commodity exchange- I went to her home for a BBQ. Another time I gave her a b-day gift.

Commodity exchange.

And romantic ones...well, I wonder, would men on here be willing to date IF THEY WERE NEVER GONNA GET TO THE "V"???

Commodity exchange. Evolutionary based. It's biology.

Unfortunately, there is a very unhealthy subculture that adheres to this perspective, most frequently found promoting/peddling their belief system and "V"(s) on street corners and Nevada's legal brothels. After all, if "access" can be bought so easily, the commodity can't be that valuable. Oh, well, you get what you "pay" for

Unfortunate? The only thing that is unfortunate is in most states it is illegal & unregulated. The fact that men are willing to "pay" means it is valuable...I find the logic twisted...unhealthy? Sex is very healthy!

here's a good example of a spot on explanation

http://youtu.be/vMp2iMO5pOQ

a few years back the avg going rate for very minimal sex at the Chicken Ranch was $500 /hour- we r not talking oral, anal or anything other than missionary. Most men want a bunch of stuff, not just the old in & out.

But let's say the man is frugal, the cost to travel to & from Parumph, Nevada, then the cost of at least $500...
Ka-ching!

Backtrack- a few women in this thread spoke at how men got angry right off when the woman did not jump to meet him (the angry male) Why was that? They wanted "V", not ABC ;0P

I do agree,
you get what you pay for
, & a woman who is so willing to lower the bar & commoditize herself w/ no effort on the male's end does not value herself very much. My "V" is very special indeed, & I don't hand it out like Halloween Candy to Trick (no pun intended) or Treaters
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 159
Posted: 8/16/2014 3:53:50 PM
I understand there's a need to have your V valued at more then a bottle of water or a cup of coffee, but jeez, the way you're coming across is that there's a dollar amount that needs to be reached before the V is rewarded to somebody.

I would hope you value a special guy for more then his ability to prove your V is valuable.

Does chemistry have a price tag?

I'm not going broke to prove I'm worthy of someone's affection. I've said time and time again, that a commitment is priceless.

How do you know a guy is commitment worthy? Well, you build trust. You take down the profiles and get to know someone, and not base your chemistry on the cost of the experiences he provides.

I live a drive away from Nevada, and sure, I could afford a monthly trip to have fun, but honestly, I'd rather finance a few meals every month and hope I can meet my final partner in life. I'd rather play the odds of no chemistry then a monthly bang with a 10 in the desert.

Let's flip this around, shall we?

Would a woman seeking a LTR bother dating men if none of the men wanted a commitment?

Doesn't make sense, does it?

If you really want to consider this a commodity exchange, then, IMHO, it's really about commitments and $ex. Surely, you value a commitment as more then a series of dinners at the beach??
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 160
Posted: 8/16/2014 4:03:59 PM

understand there's a need to have your V valued at more then a bottle of water or a cup of coffee, but jeez, the way you're coming across is that there's a dollar amount that needs to be reached before the V is rewarded to somebody.

I would hope you value a special guy for more then his ability to prove your V is valuable.

I'm not going broke to prove I'm worthy of someone's affection. I've said time and time again, that a commitment is priceless.

How do you know a guy is commitment worthy? Well, you build trust. You take down the profiles and get to know someone, and not base your chemistry on the cost of the experiences he provides.

I live a drive away from Nevada, and sure, I could afford a monthly trip to have fun, but honestly, I'd rather finance a few meals every month and hope I can meet my final partner in life. I'd rather play the odds of no chemistry then a monthly bang with a 10 in the desert.

Rant over:)
OMG YOU SO GET IT! I love what this man says! No dollar amount, but committment- BUT a committed man isn't gonna try to bang a woman 5 mins after buying her a cup of coffee!
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 161
Posted: 8/16/2014 4:12:35 PM

All relationships, even non-romantic ones, have a commodity exchange, BUT ESP. ROMANTIC ones!

Like I have a new female friend, she listens to me, I listen to her. That is our commodity exchange- I went to her home for a BBQ. Another time I gave her a b-day gift.

Commodity exchange.

And romantic ones...well, I wonder, would men on here be willing to date IF THEY WERE NEVER GONNA GET TO THE "V"???

Unfortunately, there is a very unhealthy subculture that adheres to this perspective, most frequently found promoting/peddling their belief system and "V"(s) on street corners and Nevada's legal brothels. After all, if "access" can be bought so easily, the commodity can't be that valuable. Oh, well, you get what you "pay" for

Unfortunate? The only thing that is unfortunate is in most states it is illegal & unregulated. The fact that men are willing to "pay" means it is valuable...I find the logic twisted...unhealthy? Sex is very healthy!

This is the biggest pile of steaming bullsh!t I have ever read in the history of the forums--it is an insult to all women everywhere. If the only way a woman can attract and keep a man's interest is by what's between her legs rather than what's between her ears, she's in trouble. Looks fade. So does sex-drive.
 gingham7
Msg: 162
Posted: 8/16/2014 4:17:48 PM
There may be some general differences based on gender. But 2 women with the same traits ( age, geography, body type, not having kids etc ) could also have different experiences. Not just on POF. But dating in general.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 163
Posted: 8/16/2014 4:20:29 PM
This is the biggest pile of steaming bullsh!t I have ever read in the history of the forums--it is an insult to all women everywhere. If the only way a woman can attract and keep a man's interest is by what's between her legs rather than what's between her ears, she's in trouble. Looks fade. So does sex-drive.

I do not see where I posted ONLY, of course sex is not everything but it is A LOT & for most men (virile ones) they date in expectation of sex, even the NICE GUYS who are willing to WAIT for it.

How is biology an insult? It's a beautiful thing, love, the romantic kind is even mentioned in the Bible, read Song of Songs. A heterosexual man in love will love his partner's V, along w/ the rest of her ;oP

-As an apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my love among young men. In his delightful shade I sit, and his fruit is sweet to my taste.

4 He has taken me to his cellar, and his banner over me is love.

5 Feed me with raisin cakes, restore me with apples, for I am sick with love.
nothing about going Dutch in the Bible ;0P

Looks do not fade, they just age, as does our partner. As far as sex drive, there are remedies for that.

If you really want to consider this a commodity exchange, then, IMHO, it's really about commitments and $ex. Surely, you value a commitment as more then a series of dinners at the beach??

It's about whatever each person decides is important: love, sex, financial stability, companionship, etc. but I do not live near a beach, but I do enjoy dining out, when my partner invites me, we always enjoy ourselves, as well as when I cook for him. Sex does make people hungry, & food is fun in part of lovemaking

http://youtu.be/3vLBMEWexoI

Nine And A Half (9 and 1/2) Weeks Famous Food Scene
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 164
Posted: 8/16/2014 4:47:00 PM

Looks do not fade, they just age, as does our partner. As far as sex drive, there are remedies for that.

Looks and sex-drive both fade. That's a biological fact---and it's why so many middle-aged men (and some women) seek out much younger partners. As people age, they tend to gain weight, lose hair, develop wrinkles, develop ED or other sexual dysfunctions, etc.

If a woman depends primarily on sex to attract and hold a man's interest, she's in trouble. She obviously has self-esteem issues.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 165
Posted: 8/16/2014 5:02:09 PM

Actually, proponents of Evolutionary Biology see no reason to go through the "Commodity Exchange" step, since the male is "programmed" to meet his sexual needs through RAPE.

A Natural History of Rape: Biological Bases of Sexual Coercion is a 2000 book about rape by biologist Randy Thornhill and anthropologist Craig T. Palmer. Thornhill and Palmer propose that rape should be understood through evolutionary psychology,[1] and criticize the argument, popularized by Susan Brownmiller's Against Our Will, that rape is not sexually motivated.[2] They argue that the capacity for rape is either an adaptation or a byproduct of adaptative traits such as sexual desire and aggressiveness.[1]

So, apparently, only hookers and those who lack the internal ability to assess their own value and rely on keeping tabs of what is "invested" as an external validation of their "worth" live by this precept.

Pathetic.
 gingersnapOH
Msg: 166
Posted: 8/16/2014 5:06:18 PM
hmmmm....it is threads like this that make me realize that being a fat chick on this site isn't so bad. I don't have a million messages everyday. I do better in real life, as online I come of as super blunt. In person I am fun and quirky. And pheromones are a real thing. Chemistry has much more going on that looks.

As to the commondity exchange thing. I agree with you. I mean - not in the sense that you think it is a an exchange when someone invites you over for a bbq and you have to buy a gift - that is just weird. But in general, I see dating a legal prostitution/excort work. A guy has to pay for a woman's time. I find that odd. When I am out drinking with my friends I always buy my own drinks. Girls let guys buy them drinks, even if they don't want to talk to you, just because it is free. I find that disgusting. I have been told that I need to chill out and that by letting a man buy my drinks, he is getting to spend time with me. I let people spend time with me for free.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 168
Posted: 8/17/2014 4:41:05 AM

Looks and sex-drive both fade. That's a biological fact---and it's why so many middle-aged men (and some women) seek out much younger partners. As people age, they tend to gain weight, lose hair, develop wrinkles, develop ED or other sexual dysfunctions, etc.

Aside from viagra, there is also testosterone cream, a male can apply under his armpit. Being sexually functional is important to a man's ego/psychological well being, aside from being physically enjoyable. There is also the "penis pump" surgery for men who want to please their partner thru penetration or can still have an orgasm but has issues w/ rigidity.

If a woman depends primarily on sex to attract and hold a man's interest, she's in trouble. She obviously has self-esteem issues.
Sex should not be the ONLY thing, but it is quite high up on the Ladder & if not having sex, at least being feminine, esp. if her partner is more on the Alpha side. Polarity of masculine/feminine is what attracts people to eachother (even in gay relationships, one is the top, the other is the bottom, etc.) & if their sexual functioning dies in old age, their persona still exists.

A Natural History of Rape: Biological Bases of Sexual Coercion is a 2000 book about rape by biologist Randy Thornhill and anthropologist Craig T. Palmer. Thornhill and Palmer propose that rape should be understood through evolutionary psychology,[1] and criticize the argument, popularized by Susan Brownmiller's Against Our Will, that rape is not sexually motivated.[2] They argue that the capacity for rape is either an adaptation or a byproduct of adaptative traits such as sexual desire and aggressiveness.[1]
Theory, not fact. In caveman days, people lived as a community & the males were needed to help the females raise their offspring. Dr. Helen Fisher has theories as well as other evolutionary biologists & psychologists, but I appreciate the thought pro-voking reference & see it as an offshoot of what went on back then rather than the norm.

So, apparently, only hookers and those who lack the internal ability to assess their own value and rely on keeping tabs of what is "invested" as an external validation of their "worth" live by this precept.

Why bash a hooker? A professional call girl makes a lot more $$$ than the avg. female for a shorter amount of time & if she is smart will have an accountant, etc. & invest her earnings or put herself thru grad school, etc so that she can have a 2nd or even 3rd career. That is not pathetic. It's smart. She will fare better than a young girl flipping burgers & giving it up to a grease monkey, getting knocked up & ending up on welfare & food stamps. Geez, Dorothy Stratton worked at an Ice Cream parlor (DQ) & ended up very wealthy after being Playmate of The Year, if she hadn't had a crazy, murdering ex bf, she was well on her way to parlaying her success into an acting career that was mainstream as well (she appeared in 3 major films & several American TV shows b4 her untimely death at age 20) as well as a relationship with Peter Bogdanovich.

Keeping tabs? It is no secret that people regardless of gender spend their $$ on what is a priority to them. I'd prefer (if I was looking) to meet a man from IRL, but if I did online, a pay site? Why? The man has INVESTED his $$$ in dating b4 he ever even met me (or any other female) & more focussed.

As to the commondity exchange thing. I agree with you. I mean - not in the sense that you think it is a an exchange when someone invites you over for a bbq and you have to buy a gift - that is just weird.
I don't think it is weird to give a female friend I like a pair of earrings on her birthday, esp. since she has pierced ears & loves earrings. But all relationships have hidden "costs"- at the office, for instance, at the holidays, all the workers chip in & buy the boss a Xmas gift, etc. In Manhattan, people who tip the Doorman at Xmas get better service all year round, etc. It is just the way of the world.

But in general, I see dating a legal prostitution/excort work. A guy has to pay for a woman's time. I find that odd.

It's no secret that it is way easier for a woman to get sex than for a man to get sex & that she has more options, so yes, a woman can be picky & choosy & have criteria, & that can include him buying her a drink, dinner, going to the movies etc. It's her CHOICE.

When I am out drinking with my friends I always buy my own drinks. Girls let guys buy them drinks, even if they don't want to talk to you, just because it is free. I find that disgusting.
Manipulation by each gender is not very nice, but it is what it is. The man is choosing to buy the woman a drink, so that is on him.

I have been told that I need to chill out and that by letting a man buy my drinks, he is getting to spend time with me. I let people spend time with me for free.
Hanging out w/ friends is quite different than a romantic relationship & it is everyone's choice as to what their criteria is. There are enough people in this world to go around so that like attracts like. But so much in the forums, we see tales of woe, of both genders scratching their head (I used to be one of them) that they cannot get a satisfying relationship, etc. If they are operating from one set of rules & it is NOT WORKING, rather than continuing to blame the opposite sex, maybe a person needs to examine their own modus operendi, criteria, take their own inventory & change their game plan to get different & more satisfying results.

I had more bad experiences with men sending explicit emails on the paid sites than I had on POF.

IME, the paid sites are worse. Once I signed up for Yahoo and I had 3 of those within the first 15 minutes, the other 5 I got within the next 3 hours were from "engineers who call you dear".

My experience is opposite- when I was on pay sites NOT ONCE did I get anything perverted & on POF it is regular, including pen is pics, that was NEVER on m atch or other paid sites.

Women do have a different experience than men, not just on POF, not just on a pay site, just in general. We are biologically & neurologically different from eachother.
 _babblefish
Msg: 169
Posted: 8/17/2014 12:39:16 PM

. . . Polarity of masculine/feminine is what attracts people to eachother (even in gay relationships, one is the top, the other is the bottom, etc.) & if their sexual functioning dies in old age, their persona still exists.

yours is a counterfactual opinion that stereotypes gay couples, ^ this is but one demographic segment,
are you suggesting that successful gay coupling cannot be both versatile and egalitarian?

. . . & a woman who is so willing to lower the bar & commoditize herself w/ no effort on the male's end does not value herself very much. My "V" is very special indeed, & I don't hand it out like Halloween Candy to Trick (no pun intended) or Treaters

oh.i.know . . who doesn't wanna hold out for an outing to Applebee’s every week, put $60 of gas into her Honda Accord and buy her $14 lace panties out of the bottom of the clearance bin at La Senza,

special****indeed
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 170
Posted: 8/17/2014 12:45:15 PM
All things being equal to both genders, isn't my P just as valuable as your V?

I mean, why would I want to be with a woman that doesn't value my P as mutually as I desire her V?

As a matter of fact, I'm ok with giving up my P for a cup of coffee at my expense? Will she do that?

Heck, I'm open to dinner at her place on a first date? Will she ever ask me over?

I'll stop here:)

Just saying...

Now, that is perhaps the biggest reason I don't go to Nevada. That 10 wants my W and not my P:)
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 171
Posted: 8/17/2014 12:51:50 PM
Some folks should let Dr. Helen Fischer (and the ilk), be who they are. Reading a book or two does not make one an intellectual. It's just like reading a comic book does not make me Batman.

I have not had an issue on any dating site, I've been on three. The difference I found is that the other dating sites approved pictures before posting your profile...they approved your profile too. That eliminated some nasty surprises. But in general, the same people are on multiple sites....same old faces.

Many on this particular thread "get it", especially Mr. Clooney. It's all about mutual and self respect . It isn't about the V, it's about the whole. ....with a capital W.

Edited to add to the above message from Mr. Clooney .....lol. See, you get it. Too funny. And true.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 172
Posted: 8/17/2014 1:25:05 PM
with all due respect to the above three posters, I've been in LTR's one after the other since puberty, whereas there is at least one of u who is uncoupled...I've been alone only by choice & no I was never w/ any monster types & yes I had standards...

I am confident in my opinions as my advice certainly has worked for me, if others are so well advised, why r they alone???

There's an old slogan : Would you rather be right or rather have the relationship?

I used to think differently & had well meaning people advise me, when I took their advice (even one not so well meaning person) things certainly perked up ;0P

No I don't give away my V for Applebees etc, I give up my V when in love, period. I cannot love a man who doesn't make me a priority in every area of his life, including financials!
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 173
Posted: 8/17/2014 2:52:01 PM
with all due respect to the above three posters, I've been in LTR's one after the other since puberty, whereas there is at least one of u who is uncoupled...I've been alone only by choice & no I was never w/ any monster types & yes I had standards...

I am confident in my opinions as my advice certainly has worked for me, if others are so well advised, why r they alone???

There's an old slogan : Would you rather be right or rather have the relationship?

I used to think differently & had well meaning people advise me, when I took their advice (even one not so well meaning person) things certainly perked up ;0P

No I don't give away my V for Applebees etc, I give up my V when in love, period. I cannot love a man who doesn't make me a priority in every area of his life, including financials!

I disagree with your "advice" 100%---and I, for one, have a successful relationship with a man I met on a dating site. Being selfless is the only way you're going to develop a loving relationship with a man and keep him interested. That entails being willing to put his needs and desires ahead of your own at least half of the time. Love is a two-way street.

A woman's genitals are no more special than a man's. With an attitude like the one you espouse, a woman might get more sex temporarily---until the man tires of her selfishness and what little else she has to offer him. She might initially have quicker results on a dating site than a man, but in the end, it all evens out in the wash.

A man of quality with high self-esteem (I'm not talking about men with emotional problems or those with addictive personalities) will eventually get tired of women with entitlement complexes and dump them in favor of other women who are less high-maintenance and who value men as their equals. The more secure a woman is in her sexuality and attractiveness, the better she will treat the men she meets. She will have no issues with sharing in the cost of dating with a man.

A woman who demands that the man must always pay and spend X amount of dollars on her before she will sleep with him is a very naïve, insecure woman who needs external validation to prove her self-worth. Women like this are a dime a dozen; thus they are an easy mark for players who know they can be bought, manipulated, used, and then discarded.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 174
Posted: 8/17/2014 3:09:16 PM
I agree with the above., this is how great relationships are built and why the last. Selflessness, giving, commitment, respect....going both ways. Partners. Equals. I want the "W" which is the whole, not the wallet or the V or the P.

And I wouldn't take advice regarding great relationships from someone who has been in "LTR's one after the other since puberty..." I want advice from someone who just celebrated their 25th anniversary, or 30th or 50th.
 ArmyJoe32
Msg: 175
Posted: 8/17/2014 4:33:38 PM
:
understand there's a need to have your V valued at more then a bottle of water or a cup of coffee, but jeez, the way you're coming across is that there's a dollar amount that needs to be reached before the V is rewarded to somebody.

Rant over:)
OMG YOU SO GET IT! I love what this man says! No dollar amount, but committment- BUT a committed man isn't gonna try to bang a woman 5 mins after buying her a cup of coffee!

There are men that do value commitment and romance, but that is a rare breed nowadays. sadly, that tatted up, MMA looking d-bags and thugs/bad boys dominate the dating scene in most places. Chemistry and personality don't matter anymore. It's all about how you look, what kind of car you drive, how much cash you make, and if you are a jerkwad. lol
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >