Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Public Affection? What is your take on it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 crazy_lady
Msg: 27
Public Affection? What is your take on it?Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

People in love, and showing it, radiate it, and it affects everyone

I agree.. when I am with my sweetie and we are sweetly pinching each others azzes or modestly groping each other, we find that it brings a smile to peoples faces.. Some people even comment on how happy we look for an "over 50's" couple.

I say........... hold hands, snuggle, grope butts, smooch and press yourself into your sweeties body in public! yeaaaaa.. make the world around you smile!
 crazy_lady
Msg: 28
Public Affection? What is your take on it?
Posted: 8/23/2005 9:48:10 PM
oh Pinball..... you say Yukky... I say romantic... wait til you grow up and are still in love with your sweetie after you are 60... you will change your tune.

Watching an elderly couple walk through the mall, holding hands, taking care of each other just makes my heart sing! Guess I am just normal, eh???
 LfLvRzn
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/23/2005 10:01:50 PM
I think it's all good, go with what your feeling, sneak a kiss in when you feel like it, hold hands, dont be afraid to show your mate you care.....
There are too few happy people in the world
Kinda like a copycat on TV, but I remember my Beau suddenly picking me up & twirling me around in the middle of Universal Studios shouting " I Love this Woman!" Nothing touches ones heart like that!
PDA only shows Everyone your really into him/ her.You won't care who sees it....if its truly there
Whether its in your own town or miles away,........ Love is Happy, Exciting and Spontanious
 DragonRider
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2005 11:14:16 PM
Hey, so what he saw it on TV... it impressed him... and obviously, the thought struck him at the right time...

Show your love... or to steal from an old song... Let you LOVE SHINE....

If more people were obviously happy, and happily obvious... MAYBE more people would BE happy... (set a good example... )

~~Dragon Rider~~
 :
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2005 11:53:01 PM
I Love to see love, I find it nice, and sweet to see people in love, it makes me happy. I can be a bit on the private side I guess. Kissing, holding hands or locking arms in public is allways good though. And if your in public but not exactly in plain site or anything, that's a totaly different story...
 artlover88
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/24/2005 12:38:14 AM
I love public displays of affection. I even love to see other people holding hands or stealing little kisses. It makes the world seem a little nicer. Seeing an old couple walking down the street holding hands and still in love after all these years gives me hope and brightens my day.
 viceguy2
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:36:01 AM

Its no big deal, no need to be a spectacle, but no need to supress yourself either

Agreed...there's a happy median in there somewhere
 CountIbli
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/24/2005 9:50:49 AM
Ugly people shouldn't kiss in public. Lipstick lesbians should be allowed to do whatever they want to each other in public.
 ripley65
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/24/2005 11:07:38 AM
hey,,nothing wrong at all in showing your spontaneous affection for your partner! If we were walking along hand in hand and he stopped to plant a kiss on me,,i probably wouldnt even notice anyway who was watching ,,much less care.
 ladydi8
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/24/2005 1:03:29 PM
oh yeah bugsy...theres no sense leavin something this good to someones imagination!

pda should never be a crowd pleaser...make em rent tha movie

but a lil lovin ta tide a person over.......oh yeah!

sctrdrr69..be careful whatcha ask fer!

now wheres that whatheshack....i might let that feller kiss me in public ifn he was close enuff
 MzStarBabe
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/24/2005 1:12:01 PM
I don't have a problem with Public Affection as long as it's not disrepectful affection.
 Dolphin8755
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/24/2005 2:47:24 PM
I'm all for respectful public affection. A kiss, a touch its all good. When you love someone it doesn't matter who's around!

Deb.
 shadowkitty
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/24/2005 4:10:23 PM
I love to show affection in public. BUT to a point. Like being respectful about it,, knowing how far to go & where u r at.
 am70sguy
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2005 11:08:52 PM
Bah, be affectionate, makes for a better loving world.
 SexyandBrainy
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/24/2005 11:30:07 PM
ok mom! ^^(fluffbust)

Some people are sooo uptight!! My exes and I used to kiss at family gatherings, make out at the grocery store or flirt at the bookstore if we felt like it. we used to get people (women) giving us dirty looks sometimes...and yet there was absolutely nothing distasteful or trailer trash-ish about what we did, simply two people in love and totally into each other, we'd clearly see some women get pissed off looking at us. We are all sexual beings...who cares if a couple wants to kiss one another's neck infront of others? I love seeing couples in love and kissing, it's a reminder of how good it feels to be in love. People should question why displays of affection make them uncomfortable.

And the irony is the very same people that give those dirty looks are probably the same ones who go on forums and in the sex section (filled with every single predator imaginable) they expose every single intimate detail about what they do sexually down to what their privates look like.
But a passionate kiss on the lips to your loved one, a playful pinch of the butt, or a kiss on the shoulders gets frowned upon.

What crazy mixed up times we live in...seriously!!!:
 SexyandBrainy
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/24/2005 11:48:43 PM
I agree! fondling of privates in public crosses the line from being affactionate flirting to outright exhibitionism, big difference. In my eyes at least.

I had some clients in town once who were from South America and I asked them what they thought of the place given they had not been to Canada before and one of them told me "well I'm suprised how little you see couples kissing in public here, that was kind of shocking, seems everyone is kind of cold" That really stuck with me.
A) because if you have been to south america in most countries that is all you see, affection EVERYWHERE.

and

B) there is this underlying opression when it comes to PDA yet get a few drinks in people and they'll show you where they came from...if you catch my drift (they will let it ALL hang out). Really bizzare concept.

check out the sex topics on this forum or some of the pictures on here and you'll see what I mean...one extreme to the other
 freemewithlove
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2005 11:56:32 PM
PDA is ok escept on the job. A couple nights ago, I was going through the drive-thru at a fast food place. While the woman at the window was counting my change, her boyfriend (I assume) walked up and start nosing around on her. I didn't have a problem at first because it was late at night and night workers need some extra breaks, but then she rubbed his belly, stuck her hand down the front of his pants, and slapped his ess. Then without washing her hands, she walked over and scooped up my fries, using the penis hand to adjust them in the paper. I couldn't even eat because every little bit of grease looked like precum to me after that.
 worstguyonhere
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/25/2005 2:54:38 AM
I'm all for it. Hey what the hell screw in the fountain, have sex in times square. It is so much preferred to the carnage of hate and humiliation that pervades this ugly world. This past weekend in Pittsburgh of all places a Fox independent cameraman sniffing a story and finding none as he covered a peaceful protest of a recruitment station in Oakland (closed on sundays by the way) left the scene only to return with police claiming someone punched him and broke his camera. (his camera worked well enough to record what came next however) K-9 units and batoned officers responded from opposite sides of the sidewalk and ordered the protestors to disperse. Into traffic? An older lady was bitten, a grandmother was tasered, a guy in a wheelchair was toppled and arrests were made/days were ruined. The camera guy? Not arrested. Go figure. Yesterday we hear that Pat Robertson pride and joy leader of the people with imaginary friends called for his own terroristic act of asassinating Hugo Chavez' Again dismissed as normal. So go to it kids, open public displays of sex acts would be such a welcome change to what we've grown accustomed to I'll join in the debauchery myself if you don't mind.
 ripley65
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/25/2005 4:58:28 AM
ohhhhh yuck! I wouldnt have even accepted the bag the food came in! Id want my money back,,,,by another worker. lol
 SexyandBrainy
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/25/2005 8:29:44 AM
Tender kisses and such are not what people give you dirty looks for, even grizzled old battle axes get a smile from seeing two young people in love, having some guy give you a tongue bath with his hand up your shirt just isn't cool.

well you must be ubiquitous T,d and h to make a blanket statement like that. Sure some people are scandalous in public and attract dirty looks but it's not always like that.
FYI people give you dirty looks for dressing well, for being put together nicely and having presense, people give dirty looks for looking better than they do and people ALSO give you dirty looks if you are laughing and having silly banter with your partner at a check out counter, simply because you are happy. So people give dirty looks for all sorts of reasons which have every little to do with what they are looking at and more so with their own personal demons.

As for the cutting your daughter's boyfriend's hand off if he as much as accidently brushes her breast at the dinner table, all I can say is some people should NOT have children. If that is the kind of controlling, opressive attitude you will have with your future daugter then don't be surpirsed if she takes her "sexual expression" elsewhere. If you show your child you don't trust or respect them, they will go off and do stuff behind your back! Simple as that.
 AMBERKISS85
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/25/2005 8:43:36 AM
If you really love the person...dont be scared to show it!
 SexyandBrainy
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/25/2005 9:21:25 AM
Actually Dutchie I couldn't agree with YOU more!

in my last rel he was like you and without me having to do anything to force it out of him he on his own became very comfortable with PDA, he would tell me all the time that for him this was totally new and how much he enjoyed being free and not having a care in the world when it came to that. We were like two teenagers most the time and it was GREAT!!!

As someone who grew up in a family where parents kissed and showed affection freely I am very comfortable with that and to me NOT having that seems very weird and opressed. Almost like you are not living life to the fullest. It's a given that where there is love there will be affection so why hide it?

What you said about adding spice to the relationship is BANG ON. Nothing beats going home after doing some flirting on the street on a saturday afternoon of running errands! yummy!
 canelabebe
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/25/2005 11:37:41 AM
For me, i don't think there is anything wrong with public affection, but to a certain point. its ok to hold hands, kiss, hug thats it. It also depends where you are at.there is a time and place for everything.
 IM_YOURS
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/6/2005 10:13:03 PM
I have no problem showing affection in public for someone I care for...
 mcbobly
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2005 10:36:14 PM
I like it, if I'm with someone I really care about I could care less what other people think of me showing my affection to her, besides , if they don't like it they can simply not look.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Public Affection? What is your take on it?