Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Public Affection? What is your take on it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 croixian
Msg: 52
Public Affection? What is your take on it?Page 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Depends on what you mean by public affection. If you are talking about holding hands, a hug or a quick kiss, then no problem. But if you are talking about a full blown make out session, that is another thing entirely. What parent wants to explain to their kid why that guy is putting his tongue down that womans thoart or why he's mashing her breasts? LOL
 sweetone30
Msg: 53
Public Affection? What is your take on it?
Posted: 9/7/2005 1:00:13 AM
Personally I dont see anything wrong with PDOA, although I agree I dont want to have to witness sex on the park bench lol.. Steelsoul has been known to "stand extra close" or grab my ass for a 10 second feel.. kiss my neck while standing in line, I appreciate those things.. its the little things that keep the relationship fresh and exciting and alive.. in and out of the bedroom.

JMHO
 racebaby75
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/7/2005 5:26:31 AM
I think there is nothing wrong with public affection, as long as it's not taken to the extreme.

I see nothing wrong with holding hands with or walking with your arms around the person that you are with. I don't see anything wrong with hugging or the occasional kiss in public. I think it's really nice to see people that are so much in love with each other that they just can't help the ocassional kiss in public. I'm not against a nice romantic kiss in public if the mood just seems right. I've been known to do that. And I love to walk hand in hand or with my arm around my guys waist.

What I don't like with public affection are the people who take it to the extreme. The ones that have full blown make out sessions with hands going everywhere and you almost expect to see the clothes start flying off. Those are the people that I just want to tell to get a room somewhere.
 Dog Mommy
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/7/2005 5:47:01 AM
I'm pro PDA 100%
 Happybut
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2005 10:32:45 AM
There isn't anything more beautiful than being in the presence of two people in love...reaching out ones hand and having the other reach out there hand, without even having to look. Watching them communicate, and smile...and then kiss, a slow lingering passionate kiss. Yep I'm all for public displays of affection.
 kimberlys
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/23/2005 8:11:38 PM
I definitely love to hold hands, kiss, and hug in public. I agree if you're in love then there's nothing wrong with it. If you don't like it, then don't look!
 unspoiled
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/23/2005 8:18:37 PM
You mean pubic affliction, right???

In public is ok, to an extent. I'd want to show some courtesy to the older people who may feel dismayed by it, as well as to onlooking singles who might feel sad from seeing what they aren't doing.

I prefer doing that stuff in public lands, as in the mountains, where no one is around except just you and a loved one, now that's what I really love!
 daking
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/24/2005 12:25:56 AM
Dang i thought the whole world was against it and i was the last of a dieing breed!!:) I am always proud of the woman i am with and if i get a hug and kiss in public that is a plus. I think holding hands is great!! and my arm around a woman is wonderful.Especially certain woman with great smiles ;) Hi baby:):)
 YX32
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/24/2005 1:35:26 AM
Hey Jac...good to see you!

Public displays...definately a "yes!" Sweet gestures of affection are always nice...getting down and dirty an added bonus, but never around the eyes of children.
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/24/2005 1:44:55 AM
As long as you don't get off on a captive audience. There was this couple
on the plane that were lip sucking for a good portion of my flight. It was
unbelievable. I wanted to accidentally-on-purpose spill my drink on the guy
but....whew...that was close. But I promise everyone on POF the next time
that happens, the couple will be wearing my in flight meal - I'll ensure
i 'apologize' profusly.
 RedneckAtHeart
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/1/2005 3:56:33 PM
Yeah uh huh I checked up on your responses in these forums, but only because I know how special of a person you are and I value your feedback on certain things. Public show of affection --- within reason is wonderful. I mean why not hold your partners hand and put your arm around him/her ...but I think that heavy kissing is a bit much. A peck sure -- but not so much that the teenagers holler - GET A ROOM - Lynnette
 ladywithmanyhobbies
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/2/2005 5:50:38 AM
I think french kissing and butt grabbing and that kind of thing shouldn't be done out in public,, but i think holding hands light every now and then kisses and walking side by side with arms around each other is the sweetest thing.... from my experience i discovered that my ex didn't want to show public expression of affection because he was busy screwing around all over the place and didn't want the girlfriends or possible future girlfriends to see him affectionate with his wife.... i think that as long as it stays light but atleast it's there it's a good thing... they're proud to be with you and show the world they care for you...
 PJMarley
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/5/2005 10:54:09 AM
PDA is f**king great-if your in love there are no limits..
 I_AdoreU
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/5/2005 11:18:41 AM
Yeah it's great if you're in love wuth the person or in lust with that sweet azz. But if you are falling out of love with the person or they're just the person you're doing right now F**K NO.
 SexyandBrainy
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/5/2005 7:44:18 PM
Today I was on my way home from work and in a packed streetcar a couple managed to snatch a seat and he sat down and she sat on his lap. She was giving him tender kisses on his forhead and he held her tight and they giggled and kissed and looked very much in love and it reminded me of this thread. People who were trying to get off the packed car kept walking past them and as I observed the whole thing I saw some peope giving them dirty looks and bothered by the whole thing. I was loving every minute of it simply because they were so natural and in their own little tender world, those who looked in disgust or annoyance I suppose only wished they could be that in love.

I'm still 100% for PDA, as you can see. When you find love it should be the two of YOU against the world ;-)
 Carol27
Msg: 67
Posted: 10/6/2005 11:00:17 AM
I don't see anything wrong with public affection as long as it isn't one step from doing the nasty! I mean, people can be discreet about it and still show affection. Holding hands, kissing, hugging seems all good to me...but rubbing against each other like you wanna get naked right then and there is a little much :)
 YamIhere
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2005 7:18:25 AM
Public displays of affection are nothing short of a major sign of insecurity. Personally, I can’t stand them and won’t tolerate them in a relationship. How insecure do you have to be to trumpet to the general public that this is your man or woman? Just disgusting if you ask me.
 YamIhere
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2005 7:35:25 AM
Greeting with a hug and a kiss is one thing ... exclaiming ownership via handholding is something completely different ... just MO
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/18/2005 7:38:28 AM
I have to say when people start groping each other and doing the tonsil checks it's just nasty. An affectionate couple holding hands, or exchanging a kiss or two is just fine. My kids go where I go so I do take offense at the couples that half screw in public. My kids will even tell you ya look like complete skanks. I have two girls, and the first thing they think about these kinds of people are, slut, and man whore. To me it shows some definite mistakes in the child rearing department. This is two people that have no respect for themselves, each other, and the people that are forced to witness their borderline obscenity. Conversely I think there is nothing sweeter than seeing a couple being affectionate. When they begin being sexual it's just nasty.
 YamIhere
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2005 10:05:34 AM

it could be envy for wanting what you once had

True, it could be. I still maintain that it bothers me because it is a way of making public claim on another individual. It's like the whole wedding ring thing or how Southern plantation owner used to brand slaves. Why do you have to lay claim to someone if you're secure in your relationship and secure as an individual?

God, where's Teddy Roosevelt when we need him?
 Dog Mommy
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/29/2005 5:47:26 AM
I'm with Nergal all the way
 bigsmile
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/29/2005 6:01:40 AM
A well placed caress or a hand resting on a nice curve....never an problem. I'm not much for someone slobbering all over me in public but enjoy a sweet kiss. Then again, there's that kiss where he holds you real tight in all the right places that says, definitely it's time to leave the party together....yeah
 HB2
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/29/2005 6:51:18 AM
Utmost repect in public...hand holding, quick pecks are fine, a light touch on the shoulder or back...
Grab my ass or try to swallow my face in public and you'll be treated accordingly...
 YamIhere
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2005 5:15:09 PM
I think it's all despicable and has no place in public.
 BreakThru
Msg: 76
Posted: 10/29/2005 7:00:15 PM
Everywhere I go, I try to be involved with public displays of affection all the time!

It never works out, the girl screams and her boyfriend ALWAYS ends up getting violent.

How come you guys are so good at it?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Public Affection? What is your take on it?