Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Public Affection? What is your take on it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 catfishmarx
Msg: 102
Public Affection? What is your take on it?Page 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Well, having lived in San Francisco, I have to say, sometimes it's annoying.

I wouldn't constantly rub on a wife in a public place, yet alone a date.

I went to a political event at a University once. There were a lot of liberal, priveleged white students there, replete with dreadlocks; the air was full of pachouli scent. There was a group in front of me that couldn't stop massaging each other for ten seconds. It was really distracting. I was trying to watch the puppet show.

I think excesses in this area are the first step to full on fetishism.

I could use one of them thar hugs though... where did that lady go?
 -morticia-
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Public Affection? What is your take on it?
Posted: 2/3/2007 12:20:02 PM
I have absolutely no problem with public displays of affection... love holding hands, a soft peck on the cheek or nose, a gently guiding hand on your shoulder or back...

mmm... sometimes it's the simplest things that mean so much

URGoodFriend
Msg: 104
Posted: 2/3/2007 4:08:27 PM
I think that Public Affection is a wonderful thing and I do not believe that there should be a limit. If there were more affection shown in public instead of the opposite or reverse of all the hostility and anger then this would be a much better place to live. So many people say whether it is ok to hold hands or maybe a hidden kiss of sorts but do they ever say or think anything when they see what is happening when they walk down the street and see people using violence as an everyday way of life. It is so obvious in the metropolitans of this country that it is easier to get arrested for showing love to another person than it is to truly hurt them. The thing I do not understand is that this country was build on the freedom to love your fellow man but we are more free to hurt than love in our society.

When I show public affection and someone does not like it, I just want to say act like I am beating the crap (not that I ever would, lover not fighter) out of her and turn your head and ignore it. If they think I am going to far I suggest they mind their own business because I really do not care what they think especially when they do not care what i think as they have shown by interrupting my pleasure and injecting their way of life on me. Some may say 'well men are going to see your woman this way or that way and have thoughts of her', I say let them think and dream because I do not have to dream I have the real thing and can enjoy the real thing more than they could ever dream. I guess I can say I am so proud of what I have at the time and even more so care less about what they do not i do not even worry about it people will always have bad thoughts no matter what you are doing I just do not let it affect me and what I do.
 floridaman4u
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2007 6:37:31 PM
if its not over the top its all good ...
 rome46
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2007 6:39:21 PM
i don't like it, i think it should be done in the bedroom
 Cher-Bear
Msg: 107
Posted: 2/12/2007 6:41:33 PM
I have no problem with public affection so long as it's done with class.......I'm in love and I want to show the world...and I'm not embarrassed to show my man that I love him in public.....but keep it in perspective.....holding hands, kissing, touching his ass...it's all good.....more than that and I go somewhere secluded.........
 manchild512
Msg: 108
Posted: 2/12/2007 8:09:00 PM
Holding hands is good, hugs, quick kisses, a little tap on the ass when she walks by
is all good
 Casey76
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/12/2007 8:16:44 PM
I think there is a fine line here. Holding hands, hugging, kissing, an affectionate touch.....It's all fine.

If you have the feeling of telling someone to get a room....that is a bit much. I have no desire to see a someone hot and heavy, bumping and grinding, feeling one another up, clothes half off.... in a make out session. Save something for when you're a lone.

Im a tough cookie. I dont mind showing affection towards my man, but I dont want to feel "vioated" in public. If I wouldnt do it in church, at work or around my family (and I guess when it comes to my family, Im more conservative than they are) then I wouldnt do it in public. He understands and respects this.
 Angel From Hell
Msg: 110
Posted: 2/15/2007 3:50:11 PM
Kissing, hugging, holding hands etc...public affection, it's all good, I'm all for it
 Gemini_Guy
Msg: 111
Posted: 2/15/2007 4:00:42 PM
Are we talking holding hands and the odd hug and tender kiss PDA? Or are we talking parking in the back of the Wal Mart parking lot and have sex in borad day light PDA?

I am all for the cuddling, holding hands, hugging innocent type stuff... Maybe a little make out in a theatre and if it is really dark getting some busy hands in the pants. As long as it is fairly unnoticable. I think my days of getting drunken blow jobs on my front lawn in the winter are long past. I guess it all depends on how the woman moves me.

forumfishy
Msg: 112
Posted: 2/15/2007 4:51:27 PM
I was in a relationship for 7 years and the only thing we ever did was hold hands ONCE in public at Canada's Wonderland. That in my opinion is just not enough. He was the type that didn't feel the need to show off???? Anyways we are no longer together and I would never go back to a relationship that lacked that much affection EVER. I think it is sweet when people show their affection for one another in public. A nice kiss hello or good-bye, holding hands but no down right dirty make out sessions PLEASE!
 mheath4
Msg: 113
Posted: 2/15/2007 5:39:41 PM
I try to keep such things to a minimum (aside from holding hands and the occasional hug). I know that I don't like to spectate when people are doing that stuff, so I try not to instigate it either.

People in love, and showing it, radiate it, and it affects everyone

Which includes the miserable single ones that loathe you because you are in a situation that they want to be in.
 maryp1210
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/16/2007 7:06:45 PM
I think showing your affection for someone can never be bad unless the feelings are not returned. I also think the greatest thing in the world is holding hands as you walk down the sidewalk, the brush of a hand across the small of your back, a small kiss or a hug as you wait in line for the movies. You can go too far. I hate to say it but there are some times and places it might not be apperiate.
Do what feels right ! But know when to get a room !!!
 chooseup
Msg: 115
Posted: 2/16/2007 9:39:52 PM
I don't see nothing wrong with holding hands and stuff like that, but if a couple looks like they're about to get it on (ie rubbing each other, grabbing in all the places), I think most people would rather not see as tends to make some feel awkward.
 Charlie Shift
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/19/2007 9:20:18 AM
I LOVE it! Especially if I'm the one doing it! I do have enough sense and self-respect to not embarrass myself or my partner.

I don't mind seeing others either. Unless they go too far. I don't wanna see your tongues, but you can kiss and hold hands and touch each other (appropriately, of course).

Thinking about it makes me wanna do it. Shoot!
 This is Now
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/19/2007 4:18:37 PM
There are times when I like to hold hands like if we are walking through a park or something. And a quick kiss goodbye if one of us was leaving to get on the bus and go home for example.

But beyond that no. It's happened but I wasn't comfortable with it.
 Algy
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/19/2007 4:19:21 PM
It all depends on the audience.
 whitedahlia
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/19/2007 4:22:41 PM
PDAs????? Love 'em. I would rather see people adoring one another than beating the crap out of each other. Too much of that in the news anyway. However, full on tonsil hockey might make me suggest to them to get a room. I am not a voyeur but I definitely like to see people hug, kiss, hold hands, etc. Gives me hope for the world.
WD
 exuberant1
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/19/2007 4:46:04 PM
I don't care for sloppy kissing in public but if I'm with a man who has developed a relationship with me and he slides his hand across my bottom or other sensuous quick, but slightly lingering shows of affection --- I adore him even more........this is not to be mistaken for new dates grabbing me...which I hate.
 Snuggles72
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/19/2007 5:46:24 PM
I love it! If someone i'm with wants to hold me or kiss me in public why not? Each to his/her own but I think it is great!

S
 writerlychik
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/19/2007 5:51:45 PM
Hand holding, light caresses, arms around each other, a quick, discreet pat/grabbing of the butt, quick pecks ------ Great!

All tongue, slobber, major grope-age of *ahem* certain body parts, excessive rubbing up against one another------ Sooo not cool.
 BonsInETn
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/19/2007 6:00:24 PM
I love to have my man hold my hand or give me a tender kiss when we are together. I just don't know if I'd want him to be all over me in public.. The tender moments can definatly lead to more later.

Bonnie
 jasonf321
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/19/2007 10:30:48 PM
dont like it. if your single its painfull to watch, or just nasty.
 fierynette
Msg: 125
Posted: 3/19/2007 10:34:37 PM
Hehe it doesn't bother me if people make out in public honestly... as long as it's just kissing and hand holding etc. I don't really wanna see anything that would be blurred out on tv. It can be a bit depressing to be around when you're single but honestly, I keep the live and let live philosophy. I think it's sweet when people aren't embarassed to kiss and hug their partner in public.
 *cee~cee*
Msg: 126
Posted: 3/19/2007 10:40:10 PM
I'm a fan of public affection as long as it's not over the top. Holding hands, stealing a quick kiss... all good, but not good seeing people or being a person that's getting their face/tongue swallowed at a bus stop or anywhere for that matter (even in your own home watching a movie with friends or roommates)... thus the oft shouted 'get a room'. It's seriously uncomfortable witnessing something that goes beyond sweet... loving displays of affection to being hot, heavy and sexual... and because of that I'm equally uncomfortable when I'm with someone and they get 'out of hand' so to speak and take the public display of affection thing too far. That pretty much guarantees they won't be getting any later! I'd rather see or be seen as someone that's in love, not out of control of their hormones thanks very much! lol
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Public Affection? What is your take on it?