Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > What is the deal on the ladies not responding,not even a no!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bucsgirl
Msg: 26
What is the deal on the ladies not responding,not even a no!Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
pamela And you just joined yesterday...give it some time.
 Babysis Again
Msg: 27
What is the deal on the ladies not responding,not even a no!
Posted: 9/8/2005 10:30:41 PM
Okay already !!!! Enough of this nonsense.... lets look at the facts ok... and not make a novel out of it .. which stone I have noticed on many threads you talk so much that if a woman talked to you ... you'd never hear it .... but back to topic... I don't normally post on threads but occassionally I must... On this topic.. I MUST.... Lets get real.... First off there is a million different kinds of people in the world . So women dont generalize men !! Men dont generalize women !! The reality of it is... We are all on this site for the same reason.. We are trying to find a person or for some trying to find people to meet the desires we want to obtain.. Trying to be wordy as someone said is worthless because when you finally end up talking to someone and they cant carry on a conversation they will know your an idiot.. But the profiles are important.. If your married then you should say married and looking to cheat.. Why because that is REALITY !!! and the reality of it is... most single women NOT ALL but most single women on a single site arent looking to get tangled up in something that leads No where.... Pictures are important .. tells people about who u are .. If you have no picture then what are you hiding ? and what lies are you telling ? think bout it ?? so basically now that I said I wouldnt write a novel.. I DID ... WHY??? because I am so tired of people whining about the fact that basically they are lonely and no one will talk to them well boo hoo... get over it.... we all are in same boat that is why we are here so maybe if you stop feeling bad about things and just look at it positively.. you might find someone... and if you cant then well maybe that is a sign you should look eleswhere... Ok dont b**ching ... carry on.....
 Stoneghost
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/12/2005 4:25:26 PM
I would rather make an effort and learn from errors,than to sit idley by and have no interaction what so ever.\\ Mistakes are,after all,the foundation of truth,and if a man does not know what a thing is,it is at least an increase in knowledge if he knows what it is not.
Carl Gustav Jung
I hope this is an example of what I was trying to say. I often read papers and quotations from learned people,not that I may replicate them,but that I might learn something of myself.

Everybody is ignorant. Only on different subjects. Will Rogers

Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not,and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is. Oscar Wilde

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing,that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

When my shortcomings are made obvious to me,I realise that I could learn something from everyone,should I allow myself to do so. Stoneghost
 bucsgirl
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/12/2005 4:39:10 PM
stone Consider this. What you may find interacting others may find annoying. There was just a thread to this affect, married men emailing single females that are looking for dating or long term. Why do you guys waste these ladies' time? You're only after what YOU want, not considering they stated what they want. That, to me, is annoying. Interact with someone who wants to be interacted with, a single lady looking for dating or long term does not appreciate mail from a married man looking for "friends". I would think that would be obvious. Okay, you wanna interact? Look for married women looking for friends or chat/email. There's youre interaction.
 Stoneghost
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/13/2005 12:42:41 PM
It is painfully obvious to me that many seem to be upset by the subject. I have seldom contacted anyone here and those I have were not of the longterm variety. Dating is a different case, should I contact a woman with dating as their preference, it is made very plain to them that I am married. If bucsgrl would be honest and forthcoming about the matter,
she must say that in my exchange with her and her friend, I did not make any request for anything other than to meet them at the bar they frequent. There was no hint of a request for anything to the contrary, I simply didn't care to be a stranger in a strange bar. I asked, they weighted the request and said no. And, if I'm not mistaken, I wrote one of the ladies,
thanking them and ended the contact. I wrote nothing out of line, I accepted their decision and ended the dialog, how much more considerate of anothers feelings, opinion, space can one be? It is ludicrous that I'm the one, after all of the responses, who is all the more comfortable with the way I conduct myself here. There has been only one response that answered the question without bias. Everyone else seems to have a need to get a dig in, and it has become quite humorous. I suppose we shall continue.
 Stoneghost
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/13/2005 1:11:39 PM
I must write a few lines in answer to wayupforfun. I don't recall a poor me attitude when starting this thread. It was a simple inquiry as to the reason there were few responses to messages sent. Should that be cause for selfpity, I missed it entirely. This is what I spoke of earlier, there must be a tearing down or a chastising of sorts. And if I write at length in my responses, don't read them. There is another point or opinion I would like to express. I feel rather put off by a person looking for,"other relationship," and touting their glories in a profile, then must come and pass judgement on others. You seem more like an ego fed used car salesman than anything else, but that's just my opinion, and we all know what they are.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/13/2005 3:00:55 PM
stone That fact is that you DID write me personally. I have that I AM looking for long term, I'm a widow, single and have no desire for a friendship with a married man. You're missing the point entirely. You should only be personally contacting MARRIED women who are looking for friends, most single ladies do not want a friendship with a married man. That is the point and to have to be bothered by married men trying to get to know me is personally annoying. If you don't believe me, look at all the threads from single women getting tired of being bothered by married men. There are plenty.
 wayupforfun
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2005 4:23:11 PM

I don't recall a poor me attitude when starting this thread.

Stone, Stone, Stoney-Stone. It doesn't matter what you recall. Surely someone with your vast intellect can understand that tone-of-voice, inflection, or intent don't always translate into the written word. Perception is reality. Deal with it.

I missed it entirely.

I'm not surprised.

This is what I spoke of earlier, there must be a tearing down or a chastising of sorts.

When you prattle on for (what should be broken up into) several paragraphs, you invite it. I have no problem with a well-thought-out, intelligent debate (let me know when you get there). Apparantly, some sarcasm occasionally gets lost in the transposition from spoken to written, as well.

And if I write at length in my responses, don't read them.

If?

Seriously, I can't help myself. Your butchering of the English language has held me spellbound from the first installment. Kind of like a car wreck; hideous, but you can't help but look.

You seem more like an ego fed used car salesman than anything else, but that's just my opinion, and we all know what they are.

Your opinion here is, as expected, long-winded, uninformed, and wrong.

Have a nice day.
 Babysis Again
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/13/2005 10:52:14 PM
AMEN !!!!! WELL SAID!!!! BRAVO!!!! AND THANK YOU WAYUPFORFUN......I LOVE IT WHEN A MAN CAN SPEAK AND SAY WHAT IT IS .. STRAIGHT FOWARD AND TO THE POINT... THANK YOU.... THINK THIS SUBJECT IS DONE ..... HAVE A GREAT DAY TOO WAYUPFORFUN
 rphjrtampa
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/14/2005 9:50:43 AM
DON'T make me use the dancing bananas!!
 wayupforfun
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2005 12:30:00 PM
I don't think you've got enough hair on your ass to use the dancing bananas....LOL!
(daredaredare)
 missteddybear
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/14/2005 5:15:53 PM
Dear Stoneghost...

I strongly agree with you. I am of the older generation and I write men from time to time and almost NEVER get a response, like you don't have the qualifications I'm looking for , or I have met someone, or anything courteous..

Not sure how to change that.

Have a great day. This is my first time posting.. THanks

Nan
 Looking for Ink
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/14/2005 8:34:25 PM
Nan don't be discouraged, this isn't the best place to find courtesy and responsiveness. generally it also depends on how well you present yourself and how you come across to other people through words and a picture on a computer screen. Basicly it's hardly more than a shot in the dark w/ an occasional strobe light for some false clarity. however, it does work if you open your mind to the possibility. but i'm just a d o double G, what do i know
 Stoneghost
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/15/2005 1:39:12 PM
Ah wayup,now that you have a cheering section,I am certain the ego has been fed a healthy does of, I'm right. If you're so right,why must you continue to puff yourself up at the expense of others? You are all too wrong. If I must be master of another person in order to feel a sense of accomplishment,then I am as you say,wrong. It is a simple mind which seeks to overcome. I have no guile in me. My wish to prove myself right has long been done away with. I do appreciate your candor in the review of what I have written. I will make an effort to do better. Yet,I must remember,it is useless to bandy words with a fool.
Most Sincerely,Stoneghost
 Stoneghost
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/15/2005 2:50:18 PM
Thank you NAN. Finally a person with the cognitive skills to understand what I so poorly put forward as a subject. I do get in a rush when writing at times and this does produce a poorly written piece. I am stalwart enough to accept critisism when it comes,with a desire to look at self. It is only when I view my shortcomings,that I see how far I have to go. Courtesy,a simple jesture of acknowledgement to another person. It is sorely lacking in todays world,
especially in those who do not yet realize,they are nothing more than flesh and blood,as are we all. In courtesy,I thank you NAN for what you have written. In courtesy,I bow to a woman who knows the meaning of the word.
I Am Most Humbly Yours,
Stoneghost
 Looking for Ink
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/15/2005 5:15:58 PM
OK, this makes me want to
 bucsgirl
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/15/2005 5:24:58 PM
stoneghost You did write me unsolicited, first contact. I have the email, would you like a reminder? I am a single unattached female and I've had looking for LONG TERM on my profile for as long as I can remember. I do remember sending you a polite not interested reply. I also have that, care to see either?? You were the OP on this thread wondering why women that you write don't respond, even a no. Hmm...well with someone who appears to possess your intellect would seem a simple enough question to answer. I've stated the reasons before, but why post them again? It obvious you didn't read them the first time. A man that doesn't pay attention, maybe there's the reason that a married man needs to go to the internet an email single unattached females who are NOT looking for friends. If you're looking for attention here that you're not getting from your marriage then good friggin luck. The women here are not desparate or stupid, maybe that's why most of your mail is unread deleted. To me it seems very simple as totally obvious, maybe you'll pay attention to THIS post and get the point.
 Stoneghost
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/16/2005 5:14:52 AM
I read your post and if I recall I made mention early on in my mail to you that I was not a person you would be interested in. After that I believe I complimented you on your chiding in what you had written in your profile. A simple courtious compliment on what was written. I have said before and will say once again,there is an explanation as to my reason for being here. It is in the post,discribe yourself as a lover in one word. I don't expect you to read it,and were you to do so,I hardly think you capable of understanding. Seeing as how you kept the mail I initially sent you,I would be more than happy for you post it,verbatum,if you don't mind. As I have said prior,I have little if anything to hide. I must say though,if you view me as the hideous creature you subtlly portray,why would you keep the mail? Doesn't make a great deal of sense to me,but then,I suppose you have your reasons.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/16/2005 7:45:06 AM
stoneghost Why do you have to make some big deal out of keeping mail? I dump it into word every week or so, I can go through it later and save the things like phone numbers, private email addresses. Depending on how long ago, I may or may NOT have it!! I don't even care to look, really what's the point, you're only interested in your own agenda and just try to turn everything someone says into something for your own benefit. I don't give a whing ding what the heck you look like on the outside the inside's scary enough.....
 woodu
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2005 9:01:09 AM
Stone, I don't know what you are getting from your attack on the other members. I agree with Bucsbabe, if a profile says NO MARRIED MEN, then it probally means the lady don't want to talk to married men. You shouldn't get upset when you don't get a response from the person that you wrote. If you want understanding and compassion from someone, then try your wife. After all you are married to her. I'm just a simple colored fella from mississippi but marriage suppose to be more than a ring. Use your time and energy to improve your marriage, not to improve your standings on this site.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/16/2005 9:05:35 AM
woodu Thanks, dear. I don't bother saying NO MARRIEDs only because it doesn't matter, why waste the space? I put distance limitations on, noone paid attention to them either. You shouldn't have to say no married if you're single and looking for long term...not a stretch there...
 woodu
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2005 9:10:22 AM
Seems pretty simple to me. Besides, the "Why don't anyone write to me", thread has been played more than the wizard of oz movie.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/16/2005 9:15:25 AM
woodu Yeah, well the OP really got this WAY off topic, didn't he??? hahaha This thread really should've gotten the axe long ago, he's not even talking about women not replying anymore now we're hung up on my illness at saving emails....woohoo yeah I'm a weirdo alright...hahaha some people just have too much time on their hands and noone to play with.
 woodu
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2005 9:18:14 AM
What's the big deal with saving e-mails. I do it all the time, mostly because I'm to lazy or in a hurry to scrub them. I don't think that's a reason to think that someone is interested in you. Besides, you're all mine!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/16/2005 9:21:27 AM
woodu Well the thing is that SOME people don't GET them, so they wouldn't know. They delete emails over 30 days...I've lost people's contact info and had to rewrite them...so now I save them til I have a chance to go extract contact info. I'm famous for writing stuff down, then my kids toss out the piece of paper...so I try to find ways to save things. Also I've had some poetry written and sent, cool stuff!! hey, you said bekka was all yours...are you starting a collection?? Harem?? Cool...I'm in.
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > What is the deal on the ladies not responding,not even a no!