Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Liana41
Msg: 492
Can men and women be friends without sex?Page 19 of 53    (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53)
Without a doubt they can!! Some of my best friends have been male and they bring something different to a friendship that sometimes women can't .... in terms of giving their standpoint on issues from a MALE point of view! Not only that, but if I want to challenge myself physically and go do some activity that requires more than a bit of athleticism, I think it is great to have a male friend who might also be highly athletic and make my feminine side whine a bit but yet have me become pissed off enough to keep up with the challenge. Men make great friends and I respect them for reaching a comfortable level where they can appreciate my feminine side and not cringe like an immature school boy if I want to talk about things that women should only discuss (not).
 Orange Juice Blues
Msg: 493
Can men and women be friends without sex?
Posted: 9/17/2006 8:22:20 PM
Can men and women be friends with sex?
 queenrhiannon
Msg: 495
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2006 10:33:10 PM
676 you cannot seriously think that way - I don't know if you said that to get attention or what - but if you are serious - its people like you that is wrong with the world...
everything is about sex, women are just objects and property - grow up.
I have male friends that I have been friends with for 15 years. No they are not ugly or desperate - some of them happen to be famous musicians. They live in the sex comes easy world. Thats why when they get a good friend, they hang onto them. They have respect for me - and I for them - RESPECT. What happend tomorrow if you were in an accident - and couldn't function anymore? Would you just have male friends? Those females that you supposedly are boinking that you call your friends, would you just dump them out of your circle?
 forty-six and 2
Msg: 496
Posted: 9/17/2006 10:38:02 PM
I am a living example that men and women can be friends without sex!
 teacup_98_98
Msg: 497
Posted: 9/19/2006 6:04:49 AM
men and woman can be friends with out sex, and if your partner is going out with woman well do u trust him? Cause trust is a big part, If there is no trust then hes not the man for you, my husband passed away 2 years ago and he had many woman friends and i was fine with it and he was fine with me having men friends, but there has to be trust.
 tj7
Msg: 498
Posted: 9/19/2006 6:23:44 AM
YES men and women can be friends without sex..............I've proved it for years.

Throughout my years, I've had more male friends than female and did not have sex with them. I get along with them better - I would rather talk about sports and cars and guy-stuff, then sit with the women and talk about shopping and gossip. Don't get me wrong, I have women friends and love em to death, but I'd rather hang with the guys and joke around.

The great thing is that some of my women friends are the same way as me so my girlfriends can sit with me and the guys and have a great time.

Back on the subject..........I have had guy friends for years WITHOUT having sex with them.

The big thing is TRUST!!!!! I am a very trustworthy person and the guy that I'm with HAS to trust me, but I also prove it to him. And if the guy I'm seeing has 'girl friends', then he needs to also be trustworthy and prove it back to me.
 **showstopper**
Msg: 499
Posted: 9/20/2006 2:15:28 PM
Yes, I'm best friends with my perfect match. I'm honestly not attracted to her anymore, and I just let her sleep around *laughs hard
 lindalttl
Msg: 500
Posted: 9/28/2006 12:56:25 PM
I have a guy friend. I have been friends with him for about 3 years. He is my best friend and we have been growing closer. The boyfriends I have had, have been jerks. They get close to you physically and dump you. I have emotional closeness which I longed for with the others boyfriends and just didn't get. He may not be the one at the moment, but, he is the best yet. I have been taking classes on healthy relationships and I have learned what I have done wrong and others in my realtionships and I am working on myself. I personally would like the whole package but I haven't found that yet.
 FunFab
Msg: 501
Posted: 9/28/2006 1:06:23 PM
My best friend growing up was a guy and there was never anything sexual between us...In any relationship I get into,he knows about my guy friends....and if me and my guys friends go out,he is always welcome to come along...I have nothing to hide
 goofygoober
Msg: 502
Posted: 10/1/2006 9:09:54 AM
off course seems like a silly question
 music99
Msg: 503
Posted: 10/10/2006 12:51:58 PM
we are now living in this type of society to where it is still alright to see other ppl even if you are now married or have a serious girlfriend/boyfriend. i'm sorry but that is just a bunch of hogwash. i don't even dare to tough a guy in a wrong way if i am now steadily seeing someone. i was raised in a proper Christian home and don't believe in that garbage. yes it is quite natural for any men to after a beautiful lady but that does not give the excuse to go to bed with them when you are already married or seriously dating someone. end of story!
 ponygrlâ„¢
Msg: 504
Posted: 10/16/2006 9:53:33 PM
i've been friends with some guy for 2 years on line and on the phone, he moved in with me, stayed here for 2 weeks and left. sex was not the problem.....we didn't have any. the problem was he didn't like the idea that i did all of the cooking and cleaning. he was supposed to be out looking for a job since he was new to the area but instead sat on his ass and watched tv all day while i was working.
 Meface
Msg: 505
Posted: 10/17/2006 5:25:16 AM
Yes, they can. When I was younger, I used to sleep with guys and we never had sex. You have to know what you feel. People who have sex with everyone aren't that in touch with their feelings. Everyone you meet generates a different gradation of feeling in you. This society tells us it's wrong to explore most of this. It says you lack sexual prowess if you don't conquer everything you can. That's why the economy is in the state it's in. People whov'e got to conquer everything there is to conquer. Have sex with the ones your'e supposed to. Don't with the ones you're not supposed to. End of problem.
 SteveHD
Msg: 506
Posted: 10/17/2006 5:42:14 AM
I was just about to leave this thread when I saw this and it grated like nails on a chalk board

i was raised in a proper Christian home

Exactly what do you mean by this?

Try not to hurt your neck when you look down from your high mountain to explain it to us...especially when explaining to those that we're raised in a not-so-proper Christian home.

we are now living in this type of society to where it is still alright to see other ppl even if you are now married or have a serious girlfriend/boyfriend.

No we do not, otherwise ppl wouldn't be complaining that their significant other "cheated" on them

I suggest less time with your head in a Bible and more time looking at the world you live in.

tough a guy in a wrong way if i am now steadily seeing someone

When do you touch a man in the wrong way and is it wrong when you do it?
 lefthanddude
Msg: 507
Posted: 10/17/2006 7:17:09 PM
Yes they can, depends on the people i guess, i have many woman friends and no sex at all , and it works out great , Some i even go out with from time to time, to movies bars and shopping coffee, The way i see it men and woman should be friends first befor anything , but yes they can be friends
 BowlingPat
Msg: 508
Posted: 10/17/2006 8:22:38 PM
Yes its possible that men and women can be friends without sex.
I know a few awesome men who are just friends
talking on the phone,sending e-mail.,
going bowling, its good enough for me.
 hitechygal
Msg: 509
Posted: 10/17/2006 8:37:20 PM
Yes they can. In my world, I have always had more male friends then female and it's all good and there is no "underlying" tones of sex.

Flip side - I have maintained great friendships with men "after" a relationship (long or short) - between mature adults who don't have silly issues about it - it can be a postive thing - and not a big deal. I tend to go with the fact, it's the people who can't let go and move on - grow from a relationship! It's those that cling, have issues, and can't just go with the flow that continually use the excuse men/women can't be friends. Yes we can. Just takes maturity and understanding and the ability to laugh at the fact - it wasn't meant to be.
 kingbreeze
Msg: 510
Posted: 10/20/2006 6:03:41 AM
some women and men can be friends without having sex but i don't think all women and men are capable of it.
 Rador
Msg: 511
Posted: 10/20/2006 7:55:47 AM
Some of my best friends have been women without any sex involved. Men and women bring different veiws and are great people to talk to. A woman can make me understand things a man could not. They have different veiws and outlooks and those are very refreshing. So I say yes a man and a woman can be friends without sex.
 blackmarvel808
Msg: 512
Posted: 10/20/2006 4:24:10 PM
if a girl wont give me any coochie then i have to turn down her friendship i dont believe in being a friend to a girl who would'nt let me go between her legs im a horny blackman with a high sex drive im not desperate for a friend dont want a friend dont need a friend if i was desperate i would get a pitbull those are my favorite dogs i socialize with a few people and their guys i knew from childhood when ever i see them thats it im a outcast girls reject guys all the time when it comes to sex or trying to get romantic involve with her by asking for her phone number and getting to know her personally when she say can we befriends then i would say no maam piece out good bye
 BeachDude4Fun
Msg: 514
Posted: 10/20/2006 7:20:13 PM
I have many friends that I love dearly and will do anything possible to help them in their happiness and life's journey but I have not approached sex with them. Although I must admit that I may have fantasized about them. My friends are dear to me and a reflection of my good will to others. I want their lives to be full, positive and dynamic. I f I can help them realize some of their goals and milestones, I am truly heartened and sex is secondary!

Peace
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 517
Posted: 10/20/2006 7:48:50 PM
You are so funny Scribe!
 rubyred6301
Msg: 518
Posted: 10/20/2006 9:16:27 PM
yes men and women can be friends without having sex, I'm living proof of it
 BeachDude4Fun
Msg: 519
Posted: 10/20/2006 9:24:30 PM
Denise ---> I can already see how I can be your friend. What a caring soul! Good luck on your search and journey and may you exceed your expectations lovely. I have some good advice when you get to a fork in the road like you mentioned;--> take it!

Peace
 ecomaj
Msg: 520
Posted: 10/20/2006 10:11:15 PM
It's definitely okay so long as people know there's no competition. My best friend is a girl I've known for quite a few years now. She's like a sister to me and I look out for her as if she was. She's one of the first friends a new gf meets. Why you might ask...well the answer is simple. If the new gf meets my friend she'll know my friend is not a threat. She'll know that when my friend and I are haning out (alone or otherwise) that there's nothing to be worried about.

It's all about everyone's comfort level with everyone else. I feel that if I try to hide my friend suspicion will arise. However, if I am up front about how close a friend she is I'll never have a problem. If there is a problem you talk it through so that everyone feels comfortable.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >