Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 marshw
Msg: 521
Can men and women be friends without sex?Page 20 of 53    (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53)
Not if you're both unattached and horney.
 LucyBadCat :p
Msg: 522
Can men and women be friends without sex?
Posted: 10/23/2006 12:11:52 AM
Men and women can be friends without sex practically. Usually we get attracted sexually to some extent, too and it's our hidden ( potential ) dream. But even if we don't get attracted by the person as an opposite sex, sometimes we adore, respect, trust and like the person a lot, right? Friendship is a basis for any further relationships, I believe. And we would die if we have sex with every people we meet in our lives lol
But some men use the excuse "She's a friend" and it's BS. That's a different subject. I know a few man like that. He would say "She is nothing but a friend" even if he is caught in the very act he is having sex in the bed... balloon-head lol
 mackz
Msg: 523
Posted: 10/29/2006 9:07:48 PM
Men and women can exhist in a "relationship " as friends. Sometimes, that is what attracts two people together, the fact that they can be just friends, there will be no " relationship" headaches, they can shoot the carp about anything. Be a voice of reason, a shoulder to lean on, a different perspective, someone to say " What were you thinking? " or" OH my God, I cannot believe you!!" or " Yup, thats what I thought" etc The friendship can exhist and be very fruitful, and fulfilling providing that intimacy is not brought into it. Once it has been, then the friendship boundary has been compromised. No more playin catch, and pull my finger jokes with your " buddy" cuz you crossed the line.......get yerself a tandem bike, and a picnic basket......you are gonna need it nancy Cuz your friend, is going to want you to go shopping.......ALOT!!!!!!!!!

Consequently, if there was sex, would that not be known as F buddies?? So, you are in bed with " your friend", passionate love.....JUST PASSIONATE , then your friend looks up at you and says..." Pull my Finger" cuz thats what friends do

Friendships are a great thing to have with a woman. They offer alot of insight, opinions, often you can pick up on some things you can add to your repetoire. However , on the flip side, there is the" I have a problem with my boyfriend / boss / dog / insert name here" But hey, thats what friends are for

Thats my 2 cents, and then some
 tantera
Msg: 524
Posted: 10/29/2006 9:22:32 PM
Yes they can but what's the point?

If a little sex ruins it it wasn't much of a friendship, huh?
 bellcogirl06
Msg: 525
Posted: 10/30/2006 5:41:56 AM
yes men and women can be friends without having sex i have met quite a few guys off of the internet and just be friends with them a lot of guys want you to think that they are strong but just like us women we all need someone to talk to it dont hurt to be just friends IF thats all u want. but sometimes friendship does take a diferent direction hey u got to start somewheres
BUT THE ANSWER IS YES MEN AND WOMEN CAN BE FRIENDS WITHOUT SEX
 seekmore
Msg: 526
Posted: 10/30/2006 5:50:35 AM
I think men and women are iether attracted to each other or not. if they are some part of the attraction is sexual how can you seperate the feelings. do i think it is wrong to be freinds with many women....no. It is wrong to betray your mate though. If i have entered into a partner ship and that partner ship is agreed to be exclusive then no one should brreak the bond.
what is really wrong is that you were made to feel the fool. He obveously did not consider your feelings.
you two should go over your partner ship agreement or make one that spells out both of your views and see if you cannot come to some common ground.
 cautiouslady
Msg: 527
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2006 6:30:52 AM
I think it's easier for women to have male friends than men to have female friends. Men are going to be men even if you're just a friend. Sorry guys, just being honest.
 TMcCloud
Msg: 528
Posted: 10/30/2006 7:18:48 AM
'course men and women can be friends without sex haha

i have a few very close female friends, doesnt mean anything other then we're close friends
 faithful1957
Msg: 531
Posted: 10/30/2006 1:35:02 PM
I have alot of male friends who are like part of my family and my late b/f knew that before we got together and it was cool with him and he to had lady friends..If you have Trust and honesty and Respect you can have friend of the opposite sex..
 dylemma
Msg: 532
Posted: 10/30/2006 1:50:26 PM
Definetely, it's a choice. I have friends I'm attracted to that I haven't slept with, and WON'T sleep with, and ones that I've never even thought of in that way, hence the term "he's like a brother to me!".

I don't see why you should automatically have sex with all your friends just because they're of the opposite gender.
 Blossom65
Msg: 533
Posted: 10/30/2006 3:06:36 PM
Well... For me, I ALWAYS end up crossing that invisible "friends" line. Im very naughty!
 peachy1955
Msg: 534
Posted: 10/30/2006 4:42:48 PM
Guess it depends on the person, I for one have more male friends then females,,I relate better to them,,I had a roomie who was my good friend, he even slept in the same bed with me,,,and we didn't have sex,,he got back together with his wife, which I helped him do and I was going out with someone else who trusted me and knew nothing would happen

faithful1957
Msg: 535
Posted: 10/30/2006 5:13:32 PM
Thats the way it should be..TRUST IS THE KEY NO TRUST THAN THERES NOTHING TO BEING WITH..
 saywhat-51
Msg: 536
Posted: 10/30/2006 7:08:31 PM
Yes I think so I have a few women who are just friends fellow golfers softball players or work mates. I'd say yes to the question.
 Dragon Lord 1957
Msg: 537
Posted: 10/31/2006 12:05:05 AM
I believe that women and men can just be friends. A lot of it has to do with their self control. If either one can not control their impulses when they are alone with each other then they wouldn't be able to be faithful to the one they are dating, engaged to or married to.
I have a few female friends and, while one is an ex-girlfriend and we have remained good friends, I haven't had sex with any of them, especially after we had broken up. I have even given these ladies some VERY erotic massages and, while they were completely nude during the massage, I never had sex with them. I have gained a great deal of self-control over the years, but there are times when i WOULD love to have sex with them, but I can control those impulses, unless I am given permission to, or it was understood at the begining, to have sex with them. Otherwise, regardless of what I am doing to the gal during the massage, I do not even get turned on. My female friends are amazed at the degree of control I have over myself and return to me whenever they want an erotic massage. So, if you can't control yourself, should you put yourself in a compromising situation?
 blurose
Msg: 538
Posted: 10/31/2006 1:02:55 AM
Yes they can be friends, I have male friends back to our teen years. Some very close and we are still friends! Society has alot to answer for. We are to isolated and it causes us to leave the boundaries of standard relationships. Loneliness and desires are there but we need to resist in order for our friendships to last. The paranoia exists because usually one has committed an act of violation to another friend. That starts the cycle of mistrust. We all need each other and it is a perfect example of why we are in the political time because we feel no solidarity. No bond for the betterment of society. We are stagnant and don't work together for a better society because it doesn't exist. As long as it doesn't exist the bad guy wins. The bad guys are the ones whom tell us how to live, what to eat and what is considered a family. The ones whom are trying to frighten us with talk of terrorism. The people controlling our freedoms. Fears of relationships going bad are keeping us apart. Well be adult and deal with it...that is a freeing experience. Try to touch anyone you can with a smile and be kind. The world becomes a better place when 2 adults, 1 man, 1 woman can be friends.
 cleed
Msg: 539
Posted: 11/2/2006 6:57:11 PM
It is hard for both men an women. It is not impossible. I have found many women are worse than I heard men are.
I have many female friends that I don't have sex with. Many leave when they can't control themselves and I don't give in. I don't need friends like that. If you want to give yourself to a person it should be for a lifetime. Otherwise you aren't truly giving all of yourself. When the physical leaves the relationship fails, but when the relationship last a lifetime so does the physical.
 Sigi
Msg: 540
Posted: 11/2/2006 7:01:43 PM

^^ Yes.
 sassy_stas
Msg: 541
Posted: 11/3/2006 6:02:13 PM
most of my friends are guys, and i dont have, or want to have sex with them. is that all you think about when in the presence of someone of the opposite sex??
 mackz
Msg: 542
Posted: 11/3/2006 9:25:45 PM
Of course we can be friends....sometimes....in our hearts , we do want more, cuz that person we are friends with has become close to us, knows our ins and outs, we know them as well. When you share a bond as friends, co- workers, pen-pals, someone you talk to on the subway everyday ..........there is a friendly bond. Great friendships can exhist without sexual involvement, the talks, the laughter, sometimes the tears...( all naked, but no sex ) kidding...... As long as there is mutual chemistry in the friendship / relationship, in the sense that the 2 people can be mature about it.....why not?
 Kat-Wmn
Msg: 543
Posted: 11/3/2006 10:53:32 PM
Are you asking if he can be dating and still have female friends? I was in a relationship and the guy had a few female friends and personally I didn't like it when he would spend time alone with them. In fact 3 weeks after we broke up he started living with one of them.

However if neither are in a relationship they can be friends without sex.
 OneUniqueCaLady
Msg: 545
Posted: 11/4/2006 6:43:15 PM
As for myself, it's very difficult to be friends with a guy, for it always happens that he want's to go a lil further than being friends.......... It's sad cause alot of these guys could have been great friends if they could have left it there and not think any further...... Now, if I were in a relationship, I wouldn't go out with male friends without my guy. I feel that if there is someone in your life, it's only right to include them..... Now again, if he suggests that you go without him, well, that's a call you'd have to make.......
 OneUniqueCaLady
Msg: 546
Posted: 11/4/2006 6:43:28 PM
As for myself, it's very difficult to be friends with a guy, for it always happens that he want's to go a lil further than being friends.......... It's sad cause alot of these guys could have been great friends if they could have left it there and not think any further...... Now, if I were in a relationship, I wouldn't go out with male friends without my guy. I feel that if there is someone in your life, it's only right to include them..... Now again, if he suggests that you go without him, well, that's a call you'd have to make.......
 CLEOPATRAROSE
Msg: 547
Posted: 11/4/2006 7:24:33 PM
yes I had male friends I did not have sex with
 faithful1957
Msg: 548
Posted: 11/5/2006 7:25:49 PM
I know that opposites can be friends without sex..I have 2 men friends whom i have known for 30 years and it does not cross our minds about having sex with each other..When my late husband was alive we both had friends of the opposite sex and when i meet my late boy friend he had lady friends who was just that friends and he knew that i had male friends..But i think that you do have to respect each others feeling and you must have TRUST because if theres no trust and respect then you have nothing to begain with..My late Boy Friend always said go out have fun but bring it home to popa when your done and i never wanted to go out...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >