Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Paradoxx
Msg: 19
Dating a guy who is 5'3Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Evan...Don't sell him short... is it wrong my stomach hurts from laughing so hard?

Seriously, I dated a short guy for a long time, he was great.
I did always wear flats tho.
 kitchensink
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 9/13/2005 12:09:53 AM
I figure there have to be plenty of women out there who are attracted to shorter men.
One of my best buddies is only 5' 6" and most women he's dated were taller than he is. He's seemingly has no problem getting dates either but I attribute that to his outgoing personality and sense of humor. A lot of women really dig a guy who can make them laugh, short or tall.

haligurl
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 9/13/2005 5:21:10 PM
I'm 5'2"...EVERYONE is taller than me! :)
I've dated a guy who was the same height as me and I've dated tall men...not much difference, it's the personality that makes the grade.
 workerbee68
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 4/24/2007 12:54:22 AM
I asked the same question to an online female friend of mine last week. I won't tell you what her perverted answer was as to why women want taller men. Taller women have always been attracted to me for some reason and at first I found it strange. I am 5'7" and my ex is 5' 11". I think I still have a picture from a ball we attended. Wow was she towering over me! But as someone else posted earlier, if you are comfortable with yourself (height included) then people are comfortable with you and physical attributes doesn't really come into play. I see the profiles from women with the height stipulations all the time and wonder if they are passing up a great guy over a couple of inches.
 Jaymz70
Msg: 43
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 4/25/2007 11:37:30 PM
[I'm 5'2", but prefer dating larger men. I did date a shorter man once, he had "Napoleon Syndrome"]

Now is that referring to Napoleon Bonaparte, or Napolean Dynamite? Was he one of those crazy guys who thought he was Napoleon? Or did he snap at you with phrases like "Whatever I feel like doing! GOSH!!!"

Would it be more correct to say that he had a "Curly Complex?" When I say Curly, I don't mean the one from Three Stooges, I mean the character from the novel "Of Mice and Men."

I am 5'5", and I think it sucks that men of my height are sold short (no pun intended). If you think about it, it is not unlike women being judged by how much body fat they have, or how good they look in a swimsuit. Deep inside, short men are no different than tall men.

Think about this--would you rather be with a man who is short, but compassionate, romantic, considerate, passionate, affectionate, well-mannered, and an incredible lover, or a tall man who is an alcoholic, abusive, boorish, and sexually unfulfilling?
 Petruchio
Msg: 47
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 6/21/2007 4:18:46 PM
I'm 5'6" but I have a fondness for 5 inch heels so I have never had a problem with height conscious women.

P.S. I work for a traveling circus as a guy who dresses up in a funny suit and walks on stilts.
 Spirittroll
Msg: 48
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 6/21/2007 4:42:44 PM
I am also 5'3" and I have not had much luck with women. Most women prefer a taller guy and to make matters worse most men prefer shorter women, taking the women more compatible with our own height away from us.

Women like taller men as it suggests strength and security for them. Just as most men desire younger and attractive women for obvious reasons.

I would suggest working on yourself. Your confidence, personality traits that in the end will win out over appearance.

Yes it sucks for us shorter guys. I'm certain if I were of average height I would have had many many dates and probably be married now. But thats not the hand reality has dealt us.

Mark
 rockondon
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 6/22/2007 6:21:03 PM
hey don't sell yourself short

lol, sorry - had to be said.
 adrisen
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 6/23/2007 4:58:12 PM
I was involved wih a guy who was about 5' or so. I never looked twice about it. Often I wore heals when we went out and it was never an issue that I towered over in heels. If one is secure about themself then I would not worry. Perhaps it is the women that has the confidence issue who can't see past the height. If that is the case then they are not worth our time to begin with. You will meet someone who wants to be with you becasue you are who you are. Great things can come in small packages.

Ashley
 studplayrico
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 10/15/2007 7:45:47 AM
Hey don't give up just yet. There 's a special woman for everyone. Involve in clubs, college, events or gym. You'll see that you will find someone.
 Caper143
Msg: 65
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 7/15/2008 8:02:38 PM
I'm 5'7 and when I wear heels then I'm about 5'11. ...so I feel most comfortable with a man over 6'. It's not a bad thing...just personal preferrence...some men don't date short women and some guys only date slim atheletic girls...you just have to accept that you're not going to be everyone's type.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 8/10/2008 9:42:54 PM

^^^^ Canadian Girls Rock ^^^^

yes, they do! What is it up there that makes them write such fascinating profiles? maybe they just read more books or something...? :)

Anyway...
Lots of females in the animal world are larger than males.
There's someone for everyone in this world. WE just have to find them.
 sjenner
Msg: 70
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 9/7/2008 12:41:46 PM
Yeah women tend to always want the tall and rich guy. I myself am short (5'6") but no longer care what women think. Heck after 20 bad dates in a row, I have completely given on dating women in the USA. Period. Nothing but waste of time. Now, just travel to exotic places like the Phillipines, Thailand and South America. Women are a lot shorter in Asian countries. And they love American men.
 sjenner
Msg: 72
Foreign women
Posted: 9/9/2008 8:11:26 AM
Hi Ting,

Awesome! I love China and Asian women. Since I train in martial arts, Chinese culture and history has always fascinated me. And contrary to what many women in the USA think, Asian women are not subservient at all. Just more feminine lady like. Yet quite feisty! Never get a Korean or Chinese lady mad. She will kick your butt, lol! As for American women, there are a few good ones just that the only nice ones I meet are either married already or old enough to be my grandmother! Oh well- hopefully my bachelor trip next year to Brasil will allow me to recharge for another year. Brasil is so diverse- there are women who have Asian looks and western looks due to immigration from Japan and other countries. The weather and beaches are great and the food amazing. I still want to go back to party in Hong Kong that would be so much fun! And to see Shanghai and more places in China. One nice thing is that Asian women don't mind dating older men. This is a hangup with American women- most will not date an older man for some dumb reason.
 prof48
Msg: 75
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 9/9/2008 3:32:50 PM

I cannot count the number of women's posts I've read that state how tall a man has to be, so they can look good in heels :-)

Strange!! I've never known that how tall a man was would change the looks of the women they were dating. If a woman is hot, she is hot. If she is not, she is not. Plain and simple. I might believe dating fat guys so they'll look (or feel) thinner, but come on. Dating a tall guy doesn't improve your looks, heels or no heels. If a man, or a woman, has a date who appreciates their looks, I can't see they they have room to complain. If they like tall guys, fine. But it won't change their looks one iota.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 77
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 9/9/2008 10:31:19 PM
I cannot count the number of women's posts I've read that state how tall a man has to be, so they can look good in heels :-)

Strange!! I've never known that how tall a man was would change the looks of the women they were dating. If a woman is hot, she is hot. If she is not, she is not. Plain and simple. I might believe dating fat guys so they'll look (or feel) thinner, but come on. Dating a tall guy doesn't improve your looks, heels or no heels. If a man, or a woman, has a date who appreciates their looks, I can't see they they have room to complain. If they like tall guys, fine. But it won't change their looks one iota.

prof - You'd have to be a woman to understand the heel thing.

But for the right guy, I'd have no problem kicking off them heels and running barefeet!!
 Elizabeth023
Msg: 78
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 9/11/2008 6:24:00 AM
Being that I am only 5'3, I don't want to date another petite person. I like men taller than myself. I have seen short people dating and they look like two runts together.

I have more of an interest in a taller person than myself.
 Sidewinder_Bob
Msg: 79
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 9/11/2008 9:27:35 PM
Considering average height for males has gone up inches in just a few short decades height has got to be one of the most important attributes in this natural selection process... Sorry buddy but you have your work cut out looking for a decent women as height is very important to them... Trick just put some monopoly money in your wallet to make it seem really thick and then all things will be equal....
 NightSkyGuy55
Msg: 83
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 11/20/2008 12:27:48 PM
I am 5'7'" and have dated many taller women. I must say that women who put emphasis on height, looks, weight, etc., generally are no great loss anyway. All that should matter in a relationship is what is in the heart of the two people involved. Guys, my recommendation is to date women who accept you for what you are, as you are. There are just as many shallow, empty-headed men out there who are better suited to these shallow, empty-headed women. I sum them all up in one word, "Losers".
 NightSkyGuy55
Msg: 84
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 11/20/2008 12:30:47 PM
And, I suppose you think you look good dating a guy 6' 3" or taller? Only in your mind, sweetie. You both look odd-ballish to the rest of the world.
 sddude
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 11/23/2008 3:07:04 AM
I have a house in Mexico I am almost given up trying to date women in the states, i am a successful pretty balanced fun athletic guy, women like me but just like some guys here, women will only see them as friends. I have been very unsuccessful dating women , virtually all say that with me they had more fun than they had for a while and want to see me ... as a friend. When I go to the local bars in Mexico it is amazing almost to see the randomness, tall women with alot of short guys is not unusual and my female friends down there do not talk about height, they do not care or mention measurements, they just like what a guy can do , the flowers, the personal touches that American women say they like that but money , height and other things come to play, it does not seem important there, I think I can recommend latin american women, less
shallow preferences that cannot be changed, even money is not that important, just the job and the man's inner strength. Latin America is probably a good place to look for any guy tall or short, poor or wealthy, women work hard and do not take crap though, I have been kicked around by them for some "wizecracks". Guys go travel, leave in droves get a woman that is less shallow and more accepting , love is all they want, more than here at least. Let the woman you are unsuccessful with behind they can dream what they want as they get less atractive with time, we as men will always be able to get a younger woman at any age, it is part of our male culture, let them have their tall guy. Last night I went out with a 20 year old girl in Mexico, she let me stay at her house on the couch ,in the morning her mom made us breakfast and her dad questioned me, she wants to see me next weekend, she is a law student and she is is actually taller than me, her friends are taller than me too and they say she beat them to me . It is not becuase I am an American, the border town is full of americans, it is just I am a great guy to them . If you are a great guy you will not have any problem getting that girl you always dreamed of, not a the kind that has been rejecting you, some rejectors here are eeeewwww, do not compromise ever, learn from the women here, they do not compromise, and alot are not the greatest people that you would like to spend your life with, do yourself a favor if this hole is dry go south and do not compromise, by the way, women down there do not compromise either but what they want is different , a little more noble. That is how my dad got my mom, 40 years of marriage, she is in charge half the time, they never fight.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 11/23/2008 10:04:36 PM
If women reject you because of your height, it's their loss, really.
 sweet_t_au
Msg: 89
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 11/24/2008 4:43:25 AM
My personal preference would be to date someone taller than me so 5ft 8+ but that doesn't mean if I met someone shorter and there was an attraction that I would turn away just because he is shorter. If that makes me shallow or superficial so be it.

We all have personal preferences and if you say you don't then you would be lying. The first thing that attracts you to somone is there looks in some way, shape or form which would then lead to an attraction or not, then from that point it goes beyond whether they are attractive (to you) and to having things in common and beyond etc etc.

Thanks, good luck in your search.
 reanne4
Msg: 90
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 11/24/2008 11:48:53 AM
Sorry if this comes off mean. But have you thought that maybe it might be your attitude to American women that might turn them off. You seem to have an opinion on all of us based on a few bad ones. In any country any culture there are good and bad. Thank goodness for American guys most of us arent going to judge them based on you. You might just be getting what you are attracting.
 reanne4
Msg: 91
Dating a guy who is 5'3
Posted: 11/24/2008 11:50:14 AM
clarrification: my last post was for sddude on page 5.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >