Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would u re-locate if asked by someone u were serious 4?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 catabrie
Msg: 265
Would u re-locate if asked by someone u were serious 4?Page 13 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Yes...would & have. IMO, such a decision cannot be made until you meet that certain someone about whom you truly care & who feels the same for you, then take the time to know that person. There are many individual factors that should be considered which are specific to those involved - such as family & career matters, the depth of feelings each for the other, etc. Again, just MO but if one hasn't met someone for whom they could/would relocate, then the right "one" hasn't been met yet, but such a decision should not be made lightly either.

cata
 fortynlvinit
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Would u re-locate if asked by someone u were serious 4?
Posted: 9/7/2008 7:52:20 AM
I am in the same situation at this time... the guy i have been seeing for close to a year now ask me to move up where he lives so that he can continue taking care of his ill father.. well i went to visit his family and him last month and we had discussed that we were going to talk about what date i should move up there.. he will fly down and help drive back.. have house on market to rent stuff is packed,,, and all the sudden was told that we need to slow down the relationship.. but still date each other but that he doesnt now if he wants to take that next step!! that was last week and have only talked to him maybe 2 times in a week!!!

Now mind you were comfortable with each other and met each others family and he has asked me to marry him,, he asked me to move not the other way around... He said he could change his mind again next week,, but he needs to find himself.. how am I to know this wont happen again? he keep saying he will call me back and does not.. needless to say im finding it hard to stay in a relationship when it only myself trying to make a go of it...

I am taking my time and seeing whats going to happen.. needles to say the walls that i worked so hard to keep up he took down are now back up again with stronger cement!! LOL

Deedee

Ms.Sweet Sinful Seduction
Msg: 267
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:04:29 AM
This was an option in my life over a year ago and I was ready to pack up and move thousands of miles away with the drop of a hat, but, sometimes things don't last and here I am on POF. But, I believe everything happens for a reason and I wasn't meant to make that move afterall, I have more lessons to learn, lol.
 Sepia777
Msg: 268
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:09:37 AM
It's really quite a leap of faith to leave everything you know and to start over in a new place with someone who may or may not work out--I can be impulsive but try not to be foolish..Despite the best of intentions of both sides, there are always the uncertainties... stuff happens!
So it would greatly depend on the person, how long I know the person, my situation here, and how much we wanted to be together ...... I have often pondered relocating anyway so it would not be all that hard for me to leave,..
However, it depends on where the SO is located... west coast or Europe would be a move I would consider.. some places I know I don't want to live, no matter what..
 cuteazabutton
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:10:13 AM
I would only relocate if it was in the same province and country otherwise moving to another country wouldnt be a very smart idea. Too many scammers out there looking to come into our country and there are some countries where there are too many rules and laws to start with.

My youngest son is involved with a lot of agencies here in Ontario and receives a small disability cheque and im not sure how other provinces or countries deal with children with special needs. So i wouldnt want to lose any of my sons benefits in order to move away for his sake.
 heidi2294
Msg: 270
Posted: 9/14/2008 12:42:40 AM
yes if u where serious ud move without a second thought
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 271
Posted: 9/14/2008 12:58:12 AM
~OT~ I have once in the past. It worked until it didn't, I have no regrets. Would I do it again? Absolutely.
 zestyvirginia
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 9:35:34 AM
Maybe????? a Yes changes everything and a No never changed anything but with that siad,,,What is he or she offering and how will it affect your $$$$ or yur Life Or would it be the same ole stuff just"""" Playing House"""" and you becoming"""""the maid and his Mother """"
 chelsea_hou
Msg: 273
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:08:10 AM
Nope not a chance. I have family and a good job. Besides I don't date out of my zip code....
 KayCee1124
Msg: 274
Posted: 9/14/2008 11:11:40 AM
Never say never,,,, I;'m in my 4th state since my divorce( all for work, not for love), but I never would NOT move, especially since I really don;t like where I am right now.,....
 the_write_stuff
Msg: 275
Posted: 9/14/2008 1:59:11 PM
Yes. I have and still would. Chances at love and real happiness are too fleeting not to brave any potential risks. The gains, if it works out, would far outweigh them in the long run.
 diet7up
Msg: 276
Posted: 9/14/2008 4:59:30 PM
id relocate for a bag of cheetos Good one
and a bag of cherry nibbs :)
 lilxali
Msg: 277
Posted: 9/14/2008 5:06:18 PM
Yes definately, because you never if it might work or not.
 webweebil
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 5:12:59 PM
I would probably give up that and more for real love. Like someone said above, love is too fleeting and rare to be cast away.
 dynamel
Msg: 279
Posted: 9/14/2008 6:08:42 PM
actually yes I would. I have a job that lets me live anywhere in the world I choose.... and the only thing I have tying me here other than family, is my house and my dogs... so if he's willing to take on my & my two big mutts.....here I come! :) lol...

Don't get me wrong though... he would have to be one hell of a guy... and I'd have to get my own place, etc... and still do things as an independant individual. Don't think I could move in with someone unless I had known and dated them for some time beforehand! :)
 Arpeggia
Msg: 280
Posted: 9/14/2008 6:14:01 PM
I did.. moved to a whole new country. I still love the country.. to bad about the man..
 Ladyinvic
Msg: 281
Posted: 9/14/2008 8:52:50 PM
I was an air force wife for over ten years and relocated to three different provinces. It was fun and adventurous at the time when we were both in our 20's and full of life. But it got old fast. It's okay if you have a career that allows you that flexibility, but most of us don't and have to start from scratch wherever we go.

However, I have relocated for my kids, just last year, from east to west...but for a man? Ummmmm..been there, done that, won't do it again!
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 8:59:52 PM
Yes I would relocate. I am a risk taker! I did it before and I would do it again.
 LookyHere1985
Msg: 283
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:25:10 PM
Yup...I almost did this.

My ex moved out of state and I almost decided to go to a college right by him so that we could continue our relationship.

Still not sure what would have happened had I moved...
 WisewomanGoddess
Msg: 284
Posted: 9/15/2008 9:13:48 AM
Since I'm no longer emotionally invested in Massachusetts anymore, I might consider it, but only after the man in question has demonstrated he is willing to "go the distance" for me, or one who honestly and willingly discusses the "should I move there or should you move here" option. I would only do it for someone who has already proven he'll walk his talk for me, though.
 ~Kyn~
Msg: 285
Posted: 9/15/2008 9:40:43 AM

Yup.

Now personally ...Im not in a position to do it cos Ive got kids that need to be with their father which means they'd have to come to me for atleast a couple of years and we could move on together from there...so....

...to be completely honest...if someone wouldnt do it for me (when they could...and children are the ONLY excuse not to as far as Im concerned)...that'd step over my "Im pretty damned disgusted in you and you'll be unlikely to ever win back my respect" boundary... and Id be highly unlikely to ever speak to them again if they said No or rambled off ANY excuse.

I know a very successful business man that sold his entire family business & completely changed his life for the woman he loved and she was a single mother strugging with 3 boys...
...he had a shitload more to lose than likely anyone else thats posted in this thread...so if HE could/would do it...excuse the language...but I wouldnt piss on anyone on fire if they chose not to.

There's not many things that would make me completely do a 180 degrees on another human being...but that would be it.

If someone cant "give" to me when I need them to...they get absolutely nothing from me.

I posted in another thread about how I took someone in when they were in need even though they'd wronged me BUT they never did anything purposefully that would cause me pain/distress let alone do something that would deliberately break my heart.

A man making a decision...ie. CHOOSING not to come to me when I could not go to him...would get nothing.

Thats shut the door in your face material
...cos if I have to put my faith & trust in a man to do the right thing by "us" and our future and he lets "us" down...he always will

Not good enough

I dont reward a man for being selfish & apathetic or a coward ...and Id never hope for anything that I wasnt prepared to give myself.
 Timberwolf36108
Msg: 286
Posted: 10/23/2008 3:44:34 AM
Without a doubt. I would move for the right person. Several years back I came close to moving across the States to Oregon just to be with a lady I was very much in love with. I did make a trip to see her and I was glad I did. It wouldn't have worked between us. I do not hold that against any new relationship that might bring about a move to their State.
 brown*eyed*angel
Msg: 287
Posted: 10/23/2008 3:24:35 PM
If it was worth it. Im from a small town in Canada that is going down hill right now, I would love to move out of here but would never do it for nothing. If I had a job lined up a place to live then yeah.
But I also have no baggage to worry about...no kids to take away from a place they are comfortable with so being risky at this point in life could be fun!!
 JSlade58
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2008 4:21:02 PM
No, did it once. It won't happen again.
 EasyRidin
Msg: 289
Posted: 10/23/2008 8:32:29 PM
I would for the right person provided I knew it was love between us. Not just because we chatted on a compu.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would u re-locate if asked by someone u were serious 4?