Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would u re-locate if asked by someone u were serious 4?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Italy2008
Msg: 301
Would u re-locate if asked by someone u were serious 4?Page 13 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
If I was in a serious relationship with someone I would move to be closer with them.
 mogrl42
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Would u re-locate if asked by someone u were serious 4?
Posted: 8/9/2008 6:52:36 PM
I moved 6000 miles 20 years ago.Would I do it again ??? He would have to b e really really special!!!!
 lucilou
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 6:56:34 PM
I definetely would if I find the right guy. But I would like to see to it that there's something to look forward to, he has to be definetely worth moving and relocating for.
 crleader1
Msg: 304
Posted: 8/9/2008 7:27:40 PM
Most certainly would relocate if it came right down to it. Of course thats after long planning, cuz I wouldnt move in with her. Would still have my own place etc... And even if it didnt work out, I wouldnt hold it against her. I would actually take that new area as a bennefit. Get out there and meet new people. Make new friends and more.

So it would actually be a perk. I love to travel anyways lol.
 submarinequeen
Msg: 305
Posted: 8/10/2008 12:55:06 AM
Well, I want to say yes.

I would relocate from here, just because I could.

However I met this guy and ... well

some people aren't sincere and all, so.... Make sure you do want to relocate, and that you could work wherever you went.

CYA
 Fifi47
Msg: 306
Posted: 8/10/2008 5:20:06 AM
If he and I saw marriage as our goal, but not for someone I was dating without that serious commitment.
 Fifi47
Msg: 307
Posted: 8/10/2008 5:27:40 AM
That is your opinion (which sounds condescending), and what I stated is mine.
 catabrie
Msg: 308
Posted: 8/11/2008 1:20:39 AM
Yes...would & have. IMO, such a decision cannot be made until you meet that certain someone about whom you truly care & who feels the same for you, then take the time to know that person. There are many individual factors that should be considered which are specific to those involved - such as family & career matters, the depth of feelings each for the other, etc. Again, just MO but if one hasn't met someone for whom they could/would relocate, then the right "one" hasn't been met yet, but such a decision should not be made lightly either.

cata
 The Debstar
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2008 2:48:41 AM
I suppose it all depends on what i was giving up. I have just relocated somewhere many miles away from my home town.
just packed up and left but not for any man only for myself.
But we are all looking for that special person in our lives so why not take a chance and make the most out of what there is on offer.......
Life is a journey not a destination........
 fortynlvinit
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 7:52:20 AM
I am in the same situation at this time... the guy i have been seeing for close to a year now ask me to move up where he lives so that he can continue taking care of his ill father.. well i went to visit his family and him last month and we had discussed that we were going to talk about what date i should move up there.. he will fly down and help drive back.. have house on market to rent stuff is packed,,, and all the sudden was told that we need to slow down the relationship.. but still date each other but that he doesnt now if he wants to take that next step!! that was last week and have only talked to him maybe 2 times in a week!!!

Now mind you were comfortable with each other and met each others family and he has asked me to marry him,, he asked me to move not the other way around... He said he could change his mind again next week,, but he needs to find himself.. how am I to know this wont happen again? he keep saying he will call me back and does not.. needless to say im finding it hard to stay in a relationship when it only myself trying to make a go of it...

I am taking my time and seeing whats going to happen.. needles to say the walls that i worked so hard to keep up he took down are now back up again with stronger cement!! LOL

Deedee

Ms.Sweet Sinful Seduction
Msg: 311
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:04:29 AM
This was an option in my life over a year ago and I was ready to pack up and move thousands of miles away with the drop of a hat, but, sometimes things don't last and here I am on POF. But, I believe everything happens for a reason and I wasn't meant to make that move afterall, I have more lessons to learn, lol.
 Sepia777
Msg: 312
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:09:37 AM
It's really quite a leap of faith to leave everything you know and to start over in a new place with someone who may or may not work out--I can be impulsive but try not to be foolish..Despite the best of intentions of both sides, there are always the uncertainties... stuff happens!
So it would greatly depend on the person, how long I know the person, my situation here, and how much we wanted to be together ...... I have often pondered relocating anyway so it would not be all that hard for me to leave,..
However, it depends on where the SO is located... west coast or Europe would be a move I would consider.. some places I know I don't want to live, no matter what..
 cuteazabutton
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:10:13 AM
I would only relocate if it was in the same province and country otherwise moving to another country wouldnt be a very smart idea. Too many scammers out there looking to come into our country and there are some countries where there are too many rules and laws to start with.

My youngest son is involved with a lot of agencies here in Ontario and receives a small disability cheque and im not sure how other provinces or countries deal with children with special needs. So i wouldnt want to lose any of my sons benefits in order to move away for his sake.
 heidi2294
Msg: 314
Posted: 9/14/2008 12:42:40 AM
yes if u where serious ud move without a second thought
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 315
Posted: 9/14/2008 12:58:12 AM
~OT~ I have once in the past. It worked until it didn't, I have no regrets. Would I do it again? Absolutely.
 zestyvirginia
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 9:35:34 AM
Maybe????? a Yes changes everything and a No never changed anything but with that siad,,,What is he or she offering and how will it affect your $$$$ or yur Life Or would it be the same ole stuff just"""" Playing House"""" and you becoming"""""the maid and his Mother """"
 chelsea_hou
Msg: 317
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:08:10 AM
Nope not a chance. I have family and a good job. Besides I don't date out of my zip code....
 KayCee1124
Msg: 318
Posted: 9/14/2008 11:11:40 AM
Never say never,,,, I;'m in my 4th state since my divorce( all for work, not for love), but I never would NOT move, especially since I really don;t like where I am right now.,....
 the_write_stuff
Msg: 319
Posted: 9/14/2008 1:59:11 PM
Yes. I have and still would. Chances at love and real happiness are too fleeting not to brave any potential risks. The gains, if it works out, would far outweigh them in the long run.
 diet7up
Msg: 320
Posted: 9/14/2008 4:59:30 PM
id relocate for a bag of cheetos Good one
and a bag of cherry nibbs :)
 lilxali
Msg: 321
Posted: 9/14/2008 5:06:18 PM
Yes definately, because you never if it might work or not.
 webweebil
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 5:12:59 PM
I would probably give up that and more for real love. Like someone said above, love is too fleeting and rare to be cast away.
 dynamel
Msg: 323
Posted: 9/14/2008 6:08:42 PM
actually yes I would. I have a job that lets me live anywhere in the world I choose.... and the only thing I have tying me here other than family, is my house and my dogs... so if he's willing to take on my & my two big mutts.....here I come! :) lol...

Don't get me wrong though... he would have to be one hell of a guy... and I'd have to get my own place, etc... and still do things as an independant individual. Don't think I could move in with someone unless I had known and dated them for some time beforehand! :)
 Arpeggia
Msg: 324
Posted: 9/14/2008 6:14:01 PM
I did.. moved to a whole new country. I still love the country.. to bad about the man..
 Ladyinvic
Msg: 325
Posted: 9/14/2008 8:52:50 PM
I was an air force wife for over ten years and relocated to three different provinces. It was fun and adventurous at the time when we were both in our 20's and full of life. But it got old fast. It's okay if you have a career that allows you that flexibility, but most of us don't and have to start from scratch wherever we go.

However, I have relocated for my kids, just last year, from east to west...but for a man? Ummmmm..been there, done that, won't do it again!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would u re-locate if asked by someone u were serious 4?