Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would u re-locate if asked by someone u were serious 4?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Diggy03
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Would u re-locate if asked by someone u were serious 4?Page 2 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
azblueskies57.... ever hear of talking on the phone and doing a background check.. you are right.. you can be anyone... but not for long.... just be yourself!!!
 Firebirdz
Msg: 27
Would u re-locate if asked by someone u were serious 4?
Posted: 8/26/2005 10:22:45 AM
Sure.............after all its just bricks & mortar...as for work, that would never be a problem.
If we were both serious, if my answer was no, then it would not be serious.
 singdiva78
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2005 10:25:45 AM
Life is all about the What If's.....so I say why the hell not? I promise you on your death bed you will never regret the things you tried...it will be the things you didn't do that will weigh heavily on your mind!
 Diggy03
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2005 10:27:36 AM
Isn't a good risk taker.....
 johnnysocko
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/26/2005 10:27:49 AM
I would. But I move a lot anyway, so it's not saying much.
 My.02 Cents
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/26/2005 1:51:33 PM
At this point in my life I'd be up for it....but only if I really liked the area that the person was living in, and if I felt that there was a REAL future and NO doubts about their feelings for me.

It, like ANY good relationship would be a decision based on time and consistency and committment on BOTH our parts...

Dee
 bugsybears
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/26/2005 1:56:45 PM
no way. not now. too much going on here. i might visit, but not give it all up for a what if.
 kimberlys
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/26/2005 2:01:50 PM
Absolutely!
 OnTheBus
Msg: 34
 not high maintenance
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/26/2005 3:39:35 PM
For the right person, why not? Currently I'm in a position where I can move alot of places since my company is based all over world, no ties other than my job and family is a state away. I have considered selling my house here and buying one down south or mid-west outright, (for myself, not anyone else). In order for me to do that for someone it would all depend on the cirumstances and situation. I'd never say no, but it definately would have to be something I would think about long and hard.
 milkbone
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/26/2005 3:40:32 PM
I think I would if the love, honesty, and respect for me AND my kids were there. And if there was absolutely no doubt in my mind, and his also...but it would take a long time for me to get to that point...I am well established, good job, own home, etc...it would be a very tough decision...
 MidnightsShadow
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/26/2005 3:51:38 PM
Yes I would, it's in the works, and I am looking forward to it.
 Talitha001
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:34:15 PM
I`m not sure if I would relocate or not!!!! I do have a job I can do anywhere, but leaving my grown kids behind might be hard...No might about it...it would be hard!!!! We spend all the holidays together so I would have to really think on it...It would depend on where I`m relocating to and how easily I could still see my kids....I`ll cross that bridge if, and when, I come to it!!!!
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:52:28 PM
Yes and I am going to be doing so in less than a week. He didn't ask, but I want to. Not only to be closer to him, but I really am not happy at all where I live and just feel in love with the area he is in. Peaceful, more jobs, and way nicer people. Sorry to my fellow NC pof members but there really are a lot of close minded people here.
 Rebecca101
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:13:46 PM
Hmm... good question. Generally I would say no. I would miss my hiking trails and parks too much. Yes, yes.. I imagine there are others in other cities *laugh* but there is something to be said for hiking along the escarpment and discovering secret waterfalls.

On a serious vein. I worked in Mexico for several years and during that time had a boyfriend who wanted to marry me. He was happy living there and had an excellent job. Definitely not someone wanting a Visa. Anyways, long story short, he just assumed we would settle down in Mexico. I asked him to come to Canada instead. Neither of us was willing to permanently leave our families.

After much thought I returned home. He stayed in Mexico. After a year apart, he finally agreed to come to Canada. Too late. Long distance was way too tough for me and I ended things. It turns out to have been a good choice. I think he's happily married now. I am grateful to be single. Nice guy, but not the one for me.

So... relocate? Within an hour or two? Yes... that sounds reasonable. But further than that? Well, first of all, I probably wouldn't be developing a relationship with anyone who lives so far. The coffee would get cold in the commute *laugh*
 eyez
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:27:38 PM
Not at the present due to the fact I am care giver for my Mom. If that changed, would definitely consider it at a later date.

I'm not originally from the state I'm living in right now and have lived in several states plus overseas; therefore, moving wouldn't be difficult.
 calgaryman99
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:36:54 PM
If we were really serious and completely in love, I would follow the love of my life to the end of the world...and beyond. I would not let geographic location be a factor in whether or not I would be with the person I cared most about.

No job is so important/good that you can't find another
If you are meant to be together, what else matters?

Ok, its not as simplistic as that...but that's my cut on it!
 shadowgirl58
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:20:23 PM
Done that..he wasn't as serious as I thought..old falmes die out..lol

anyway..yes I would if it were in my means to do so..I would give him about a yr. first to make sure he is sincere about you-before moving or relocating.
Have you chked the locality you are concerned about moving to? you know the stats. and such on the town you are considering moving too?As I would dread to see a lady deserted if it didn't work out-know where you are going first...

kuddlebum
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/26/2005 7:02:56 PM
Been there,,,done that,,,it didn;t work,,but all is stil good,,I love my new location,,and life goes on,,woudl i do it again,,,,that all depends on job situations,,and how far I have my limis,,because I have a son,,but am not afraid of change at all!!
 Doc Sage
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/26/2005 8:21:31 PM
__Yes.

__Eh....can you wait till tomorrow?

Doc

P.S. What a romantic fool I am.
 kicknIT2
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/26/2005 9:12:45 PM
im amazed at how many say no and how many say sure. i guess it does all boil down to where the relationship is and how your current situation is as well. such as kids, family, work, finances, etc.

but hey if your serious enough and love each other truly deeply enough then it does not matter where you live as long as its together.

by the way i never said interenet relationship. just a serious realtionship with some one youre connected and serious with.

thank you all for responding so openly.

cheerer
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/27/2005 2:55:10 AM
yeah i would i have a great guy in BC right now that i am like in love with he is liek my best friend if he would ask me i would move in a heartbeat

but i doubt that he will
 hac3011
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/27/2005 3:19:14 AM
Absolutely I would! I see it as you only live once and if you don't take the chance you could be missing out on something. All he would have to do is say the word and I would be there.
 cheerer
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/27/2005 3:20:56 AM
i am sorry he is in ontario right now not BC lol
 cheerer
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/27/2005 4:06:01 AM
i am so happy that so many people are quick to decide what true love offers !
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would u re-locate if asked by someone u were serious 4?