Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are men on dating sites so clueless?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 xpxpk
Msg: 27
Why are men on dating sites so clueless?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Can't argue with you, Psych. The only thing I can't figure out is how to salvage the typical male image because I don't think anybody knows what it is.

And if there is a typical male, I doubt if you will find it on this site, myself included (thank goodness for that!).

Be as harsh as you want with the nice guys. This is turning into Plentyofspinelessasskissingcaveinatthesightofasetofboobsjellyfish.com
 OnTheBus
Msg: 28
Why are men on dating sites so clueless?
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:51:25 PM
BB, It's abs envy
 BBdrgn
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:01:48 PM
OTB:
 who_the_fox
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:08:08 PM
*sigh* No guys ever suck up to me :(

I get flamed, hate mail and called a bitter man-hating biatch

poor poor me
 theace
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:10:13 PM
And.......you think I was serious???? LMAO....I caught YOU not the other way around!!!!

Truth is.....Unless god himself....or microsoft....creates me a match, it's ain't gonna happen.

My quote of all quotes: Why is it all women want a man who will commit to them and be good to them.....until they find him?

I litterally just seen a guy with a tall, thin, well built, over 6' tall goddess......and he is NO prize by a long shot....not in her league.....to MOST community standards.....and she was obviously into him....

So I still have hope!!!

Kelley
 hist
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:12:07 PM
psych is obviously trying to ingratiate himself with women. i guess when you are too ugly to provide a photo you have to resort to this kind of shameless pandering.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:13:01 PM
You'd know^^
 theace
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:14:02 PM
Oh, BTW...off-topic...

Anyone here think the guy who started this post's avitar's head looks ALOT like the robot head in Duran Duran's 1983-4 song WILD BOYS video?

Anyone here old enough?

Anyone? Anyone? Bhuler? Bhuler?

Kelley
Yep, Smiley happy!! (BTW, if that is a photo of yourself....no malise intended.
 Deadmanwalkin
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:18:15 PM
Pscyhe, most men are damned fools, so you have some good points there. But best of all is to get the guts to learn to live alone, and forget this fuked up society we live in where men are crucified to death. To hell with what others think, and IMO, let em go fuk themselves. I learned these clues or rules to live by a long time ago. Nobody messes with me. I get very little e-mail, and that is the best thing that can happen. Every now and then, somebody writes a nice message to me, which I do appreciate, but by now it should be clear I don't look for anything or anybody in here. What the hell is wrong with those who think we who want only to talk, to vent, or rage would want anything else, especially at my age. I find some of the people here interesting, nuts, stupid, and very intelligent,,and I fit some of those categories myself. Hell, I don't claim to be perfect, but I aint entirely stupid either. The main thing "losers" must learn is never to expect a damned thing, forget everything once this screen goes blank, and move on with your life independent of needing so damned much. To hell with the earth and the people on it, and think for yourself, live for yourself, and take care of those you make sacred vows to uphold. DAmmit, we all turn to dust or ashes soon enough.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:19:02 PM
psych Fine, I'll weigh in. I don't find men on dating sites any more clueless than they are in real life. I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way, so don't throw things, okay? I've actually met a lot of great guys, and I'm a man lover instead of a man hater, so maybe i'm not the best female to weigh in. Dating and getting involved can be scary risky business if you take it seriously which I prefer to. I'm not just looking for something to occupy my time or to milk a guy for a date to get treated to a free meal or have my drinking tab paid (UGH!). My male forum friends are totally with it, high class, together intelligent, handsome and totally charming, funny guys. Who all live in another state or country....sigh! When I'm out on a date, I just try to relax and enjoy myself and hopefully help my date do the same. I ALWAYS get them to laugh, though. That's never a problem. I try to keep expectations either low or nonexistant it's just someone to meet and get to know a bit and you might as well have a good time if ya can. I've been told by many people that I have a way of putting people at ease and many have told me they feel real comfortable around me. I guess that's a good thing. I try to avoid the 50 questions job interview suffering, and just try to get them to talk about something that they're really interested in or have a passion for. I'm very conversant, so sometimes they just let me sit there and fill in the blank space with one of my crazy true life stories, or whatever. I often have to say enough about me, let's talk about you. I dig around and try to find something to get them going, then maybe ask a question or two. I am interested in knowing something about them otherwise I'm just listening to my own stories. I could do that at home and save the drive.....haha. I've had very many enjoyable dates whether it leads to another one or not. If I'm not interested I do my darndest to tell the honest truth with their feelings in mind. Let's face it not everyone is just meant for everyone else, noone should take it personal. I do try to screen them well before I meet them face to face. If I don't think it would be enjoyable then why bother? I think if we consider the other person and that it's a give and take situation, not to take the first date too seriously and just try to learn a little about it each and enjoy the evening it all comes out in the wash. So psych how's that for weighing in?? hahaha
 Meekrob
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:47:11 PM
quote:OK< so what the hell are we "men" supposed to say?

Quote " Hi ladies, I am a total jerk, I could care less about you, all I wanna do is get you naked and ban* you sensless the first chance I get. I am selfish, only consider my needs, and the first chance I get, I will be looking for a better,younger model. God forbid you gain an ounce of weight, because you will either get nagged or kicked to the curb. I am into myself, and will lie about anything I possibly can, ESPECIALLY to get sex."

Jesus dude.....

So if I am a LOSER by putting the "nice guy stuff" in my profile, then by god I am a HONEST loser. I would rather be single forever than lie to get a woman. (Even though sometimes I believe woman don't WANT to hear the truth.....men too, come to think of it.)

I look at it like this....for every "10" that WILL NOT contact me because I am below their standards, hell, even if it is a "4 or 5"...at least I still have my honesty and respect. The ones that won't contact me because I am fat, or they think I am full of sheeeeiittte, well it is THEIR loss.

I am single because my ex was a total user.....I CHOSE to be an ex.

I don't HAVE to be with a woman. I CHOOSE to. If I CHOOSE to say I am nice, honest, blah blah blah....and they think I am a loser for that.....well dude.....THEY lose for not giving me a chance.

And before I hear
-----------------------------------------
Thanks for a cool post - I'm laughing. Right On Dude
 OnTheBus
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:48:35 PM
yup, it was cool.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:59:30 PM
Well you do my some good point while others are just flawed. I have gotten my nice share of e-mails from women during the past couple weeks that were interested in me, the problem is most of them are out of my dating range as in too much of a long distance relations.

But oh well to each their own.
 incogneato
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:59:32 PM

*sigh* No guys ever suck up to me :(

I get flamed, hate mail and called a bitter man-hating biatch

poor poor me

oh come on now fox you know we love you, just because you have this problem about how you look and won't post a pic for the world to see your three eyes, that doesn't mean you're a biatch.

JUST KIDDING

PS: you're fun to argue with, I'll give you that. {not that I was really looking for an argument ladies... I'm }

~incogneato
 who_the_fox
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/26/2005 7:04:30 PM
Just for you. Three eyes and all.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/26/2005 7:17:02 PM
the HAIR

Fox, I tried to email you earlier when I read that you only get nasty email. I even told you I like those old hair pics, adn BAM, like magic, there it is!!!!!!!

i couldnt get through because of tobacco probably, but no worries. Twas just a friendly "hey now"

OT

Yup. Men are a bunch of dorks, or players
 hist
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/26/2005 7:27:38 PM
if you don't supply a pic of your pinis, what is the girl supposed to think? she has to assume you have somehting to hide.
 Toad4U
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/27/2005 12:01:12 AM
yes - men are real suckers aren't they?

but then on the other hand, these men have babies too so they must be doing something right

am70sguy
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2005 12:04:22 AM
Crap, another list of attributes I don't fall under!

LOL

Fox - Great pic, very sexy!
 guynamed21
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/27/2005 1:36:20 AM
Actually Psych, these "Nice" guys with no game are killing it here. They are giving the average girls a big ego. Especially, with over exaggerated compliments that are fairy tale like. Let's be honest here, most of these women profiles are "romance novel/movie" like. In addition, MOST, not all these women are in non reality world. These type of women are not use to being treating "nice".All these "nice" guys do is build up their attention and make these women feel like they have a bunch options (friends) instead of dates. Of course, those of us who do go out know, the more options a woman feels the less likely she will go out with you, unless she feels other women might notice you. Which of course, on here, its hard to defuse that ego. So which ultimately equals a bunch of ladies with kids seeking daddies or women with high egos. Unless, you spot a few ladies who are able to recognize "real" before the "nice" guys come. Hell, dates would be eaiser if there were more pervs than "nice" guys.

This place is crawling with the "nice" as you could read by the amount of butt kissing in these forums.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/27/2005 7:08:53 AM
NICE POINT

Got game?
 incogneato
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2005 7:13:44 AM
guynamed21-- are you sure you mean 'nice' or do you really mean 'respect'. I guess until we know your definition we won't really know.

With that said though I don't think women, in general are looking for someone with an inflated ego that has trouble staying in the earth's atmosphere. If you think you are somehow outside this label I suggest you take a hard look at your profile.

well now after I said that I guess I can disclude myself from the 'nice' group and the 'butt kissing' group all in one fell swoop. Not that I ever included myself in any such group anyhow.

Fox--- see that now don't you feel better?, I should have known you are a firery red head... sheesh I need to be more careful who I pick fights with and you've already been smitten by another... mmm the world is a better place today.

Stephanos Primus
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2005 9:12:21 AM
Psych... it seems to me that the more “Pseudoplayers” and “losers” there are, the more opportunities remain for the rest of us. I’d be thanking these guys... not dissin them. And why single out these two groups in particular? I hope you're not suggesting that genuine Players advance the cause of manhood?
 who_the_fox
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/27/2005 9:30:49 AM
Thanks OTB

Actually, having a pic up doesn't make me "feel better". It has absolutely no impact on how I percieve myself

?smitten by another? what does that mean?
 Frrosty
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/27/2005 10:22:45 AM
*shrugs*

I really have no clue

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are men on dating sites so clueless?