Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > What song makes you think about when you were a kid? Describe a time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RocknRollQueen
Msg: 48
What song makes you think about when you were a kid? Describe a time you remember hearing it....Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Crocodile Rock - Elton John - He was fantastic on the Muppet Show....everytime I hear that song...I think of him with all the muppet alligators....lol!

Seasons in the Sun - Terry Jacks - My brother one day gave me a bunch of his old 45's, I being a little music nut started playing them one by one immediately. I was about 11 years old....and had heard all the music before....but it was that age that I really started to listen to the words of the song. That day when I played that song....I bawled my eyes out for hours!!

You've Got Another Thing Coming - Judas Priest - the first time I heard that song, I was with a friend of mine Sheri, a metal head rocker girl. We went to her house after school..we were 14, anyway, she got out her music as I was fascinated at all the cool pictures of bands she had on her walls. The first song she played me was that song, in hopes of bringing me into the world of heavy metal. She got me..lol...I love all music, but she got me hooked....I am and always will be from that day forward....a rocker chick!

Redsoxforlife
Msg: 49
What song makes you think about when you were a kid? Describe a time you remember hearing it....
Posted: 10/23/2008 5:55:06 AM
would have to say any song off the Bee Gee's Saturday night Fever album,thats the one record that brings me "back"
 TomboyChick
Msg: 50
view profile
History
What song makes you think about when you were a kid? Describe a time you remember hearing it....
Posted: 10/23/2008 8:38:43 AM
well I have one that comes to mind this absolutely wonderful lady I knew growing up and still think of her today, would ask me to sing this song to her it was by Bobby Bare called Goodnight Irene, so I did everytime she was around there was other songs she would ask me to sing but that one had to be the last one, she is missed so much and I can see her smiling back at me.
 Pecator
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2008 6:17:56 PM
I remember jumping up onto a counter that was taller than I to turn up "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog." I was barely five or six
 mortimusnsane
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2008 8:16:37 PM
For me oddly, Waterloo by Abba. This is partially due to, at the time. an ongoing war between my sister and I as to who watched got to watch Top of the Pops and who got to watch the Six Million Dollar Man.
 Benedanti
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/8/2009 11:39:13 AM
I remember Black Water very well. lol.

The song Just Like Starting Over and Imagine by John Lennon. Reminds me of when I was young and everything was possible. hahaha.
 guitarperson76
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/8/2009 12:34:00 PM
I remember my father waking me up to take me to pre school and he had a cassette tape with ZZ Top on it and the song I remember most was "Gimme All Your Lovin'"

It was such a great song and it was especially great listening to in the old 1970's police car that my father got, it had no sirens or any police equipment but it was this pale algae green and the seats were dark green. It was a major gas hog but it was great flooring down the roads by Lake Sawyer and through Black Diamond listening to ZZ Top. Also "Sharp Dressed Man" is a good song to be cruising around town during the summer back in the early 90's.
 Mikey7619
Msg: 55
 blues49
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 3:53:47 PM
My Grandfather with the big old stereo on a Saturday night in Montgomery around 1955 or so .
Hank Williams - "I'm Walkin' the Floor Over You "

Couple years later , my Aunt with the radio on and Little Richard - " Long Tall Sally "
 Op Toe Mystic One
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/8/2009 5:52:53 PM
" Uncle Albert " by P. McCartney and Wings always reminds me of driving down to Birch Bay , summer 1971. Even as a young kid I appreciated how the song went so well with the concept of summertime and the anticipation of going to the beach .
 irishchick3
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/8/2009 5:55:16 PM
Smokin in the boys room - I still remember part of the dance we had made up! lol!!!

rider of tubes
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/8/2009 9:54:00 PM
I don't know why, but when I hear 'secret' by Orchestral Music in the Dark, I think of playing with my remote control cars and tanks, maybe because that's what was playing on the radio when I received the toys.
 Diva77
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/9/2009 9:50:59 AM
Blondie - The Tide is High, it was the first song I learned all the words too.

Danny Boy - it was my grandfather's favourite, and I played it at his funeral last year.

Anything by ABBA and Nana Miszourki - it's all my mum listened to.
 Seriously1980
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/9/2009 10:04:06 AM
My mom was quite young when she had my sister and I. She was really big into playing music and dancing around the house. When I hear songs like..Like a prayer from Madonna, Billie Jean, and even Milli Villinie`s Blame it on the rain it reminds me of the times dancing around the house.
 MacGyverRI
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/9/2009 8:42:38 PM
I heard a few this week that brought back memories, I was 15 or 16...

Loving Spoonful - Do You Believe In Magic :)

Buffalo Springfield - Stop, Hey What's That Sound
 coldlogic
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/9/2009 9:03:08 PM
MMMbop by Hanson
my sister and I got a tape and sat around in the kitchen singing and dancing to it , i was maybe 10 or younger im not sure

still love it
and also
Britney Spears first cd
 spaceprophet
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/9/2009 10:47:54 PM
my mother was obbsessive over the band 'live'. she still to this day thinks they are the greatest band alive. i can't really say i am associating a positive memory to this music, it just reminds me of my childhood. -shudder- what an awful hold nostalgia has. i'd much rather never have to think of this band again haha.

so i alone by live just makes me think of every time i had to sit in my mum's car and listen to her sing along on the way to school
 Op Toe Mystic One
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/10/2009 8:21:57 AM
We drove down to California July 1975 and the radio was on constantly so there's a whole lotta songs that remind me of that trip :

Jive Talkin
Love Will Keep Us Together
Wildfire
The Theme to The Rockford Files
I'm not in Love
Rhinestone Cowboy
One of these Nights

...to name a few of the top of my head.
 Hoebilly
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/10/2009 10:58:24 AM
Kokomo by the Beach Boys always brings me back to when I was a little kid and loving it, and always singing it for my biggest fan, my Dad. He always got me to sing Kokomo for him, it was our thing, that and Daddy's Girl by Red Sovine.

Here comes the night by Streetheart also reminds me of being little and driving around in my Dad's camaro, it was so 80's. I still love that song, I always think about camaros when I hear it, hahaha.
 Mr_SmartFun
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/10/2009 10:40:15 PM
Definitely "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" by Wings. I was in 3rd grade when it was out. Even as a kid I thought it was kind of silly, but I was always fascinated how the song kept changing, like 3 songs in one.

Also, everytime I hear "Good Times" by Chic I think of my family driving from New York City to Philly in our station wagon that summer (1979), going over the George Washington Bridge.
 Brutus-HFX
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/11/2009 1:13:53 PM
Back in the day when my parents were still partiers. We go at 'er traditional maritime style. Pile all yer friends into the kitchen (best place to party... got a fridge, stove, and microwave), have some guitars, mandolins and such... and get shittered. I remember many nights listening to my parents friends jam out in the kitchen to some awesome celtic music. Which probably turned me onto all that kind of stuff Im into today. Great Big Sea's "Play" was also in rotation quite often at these parties when the musicians got tired.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > What song makes you think about when you were a kid? Describe a time you remember hearing it....