Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 UWantThis
Msg: 9
No photo means married?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Nah, sometimes it's just cause they're ugly.

I've had no photoe for quite some time, and I've never been married, so are you saying I'm ugly?
 UWantThis
Msg: 10
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/16/2005 3:22:10 PM

for me guys w/ no photos means:

1) insecurity
2) they're paranoid pics are gonna be misused
3) they dont have any on file

I'm not insecure, paranoid, and i obviously have some on file and I still don't like having my pic up because women message me for the wrong reasons when I do. How I look shouldn't matter to a woman that I'm interesrted in, especially until the first time we meet on a date.
 tickle_me123
Msg: 11
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/16/2005 8:01:20 PM

Nah, sometimes it's just cause they're ugly.

Ummmm, yup!

jackfrost01
Msg: 12
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/18/2005 5:01:30 AM
I don't see the logic in that either. Are you saying every picture he'd have somehow proves he's married?

If so why not just post a picture of himself during his dashing single days? Or even a Driver's License pic?

No photo more likely means "too lazy or don't know how to put one on the profile".

Sorry if I missed the point but no photo = married doesn't compute in my head for some reason. So if this married guy now posts a pic, he's suddenly single?
 djc02359
Msg: 13
view profile
History
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/18/2005 8:19:12 AM
I can't give a home phone number..just gave up my land line...so I hope no one thinks that I'm married. But then- I do have a photo.

..Speaking of photos- Someone on another site sent me a message to insult me- If you don't like my looks- why bother writing at all?? Jeesh! Why do people do that? Maybe the people without photos have had similar experiences, and it scared them off. We can't all be Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts!
 jackfrost01
Msg: 14
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/18/2005 10:04:59 AM
I agree and maybe some people don't think a bunch of strangers on the internet NEED to know what they look like or know too much about them personally. Keeps you from being recognized later by someone you'd rather have not met for real, or from getting stalked or robbed.

Yes I know this is a "dating chat", but not everyone is here to hook up. Just chat. That being the case, I don't need to know what people look like if I'm not gonna meet em some day. Yeah its nice to see a face with the name, but I'll get over it.

If you harrass someone, then they'll just grab some picture off a websearch and post it just to get you off their backs. Doesn't mean that its them OR that they are single/married. For that matter they may be 50 years old and post a pic of them when they were 35 so that you'll just talk to them. Whats the point?

If someone doesn't want to post a pic, then they'll do it when they are ready. It doesn't imply anything or accomplish anything to force them into just posting some pic just to shut you up.

There may even be the case where they feel bad about their appearance and don't want to be prejudged. "Yes be proud of who your are and the hell with what people think", but in the meanwhile no one is talking to you and your feeling really bothered by it, so up comes the pic of Brad Pitt and now everyone is talking to you... lol.
 jackfrost01
Msg: 15
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/18/2005 12:38:42 PM
assuming they are looking for someone, yeah. Otherwise:
1. They don't want you to know what they look like
2. Don't like how they look (like you said)
3. Don't know how or can't put a photo
4. Simply haven't gotten round to it

Lastly, everyone has skeletons in the closet. There is no such thing as 100% honesty because people don't need to know certain things or everything about you. Your entitled some dignity and privacy.

Again if you force an issue they are just gonna post any old picture to get people to stop talking about it.
 stoneside
Msg: 16
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/18/2005 3:40:27 PM
I don't want to risk one of my staff seeing me on here. I'm a very private person.
 jackfrost01
Msg: 17
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/18/2005 5:46:26 PM
rule one: Don't give real info if you don't wanna get in trouble!

In response to the other posts, i agree with bailing on your pic if your afraid of someone recongnizing you. Who needs that streess? This is sposed to be a private escape.

And if your a lying spouse male or female, then shame on you. Period.

Nothing wrong with married people chatting, but make it clear you just want to chat and that your married and not looking. Anything else is a bald faced lie to everyone.

If this site was only open to singles then they wouldn't give the option when you register to put married on there, so chll out.

If your spouse is chatting too, then your a lucky guy and enjoy your freedom :)
 Tiffs_popular
Msg: 18
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/19/2005 7:53:57 PM
Ew I just had a wierd thought. What if a married person is chatting up people online but he's posing as a girl and is only doing it to mess with the other men's heads?

That would be too funny.

Is that cheating too? If the hubby is talking to guys posed as a girl in the profile? But he isn't really trying to meet up with them? Just having some fun with their heads?

Or if the wife is posed as a man and is talking to girls just to mess with them?

Thats not cheating, its proably closer to adolescent and too much time on their hands, but it occured to me lol

There's like so much wierd sh-tuff on the internet anymore....

crazy
 Tiffs_popular
Msg: 19
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/21/2005 8:35:48 PM
I agree with Jackfrost. Maybe they just never got round to it or found one they want to post yet. Surely most of us have pics of us before we got married, so finding a pic isn't the issue and has no role in whether or not someone is married.
 jackyfrost01
Msg: 20
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/22/2005 11:57:36 AM
That could be true, but think about as adoloescent as it might sound, this is a dangerous world we live in now. Its not just some coworker, etc that may recognize you and embarrass you (maybe, if they really gave a darn), but it also protects you from stalkers, robbers, all sorts of wackos. THere's always other alternatives to just "gee its adolescent". :)

Again maybe they just haven't done it yet and if hasseled often enuff about it, they'll just put some picture on to shut everyone up about it. May not even be them, but at least they've gotten you off there backs about it.

So why worry about it? They'll put one up if/when they are ready. If ya don't wanna talk to em...then don't. Easy enuff.
 sunshineface1
Msg: 21
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/22/2005 12:06:23 PM
That harsh Robert -- coming from a guy with a dog for his pic... lolol

Why would no pic automatically mean they are ugly? That's kinda over generalizing I think. There's lots of possibilities. Sure vanity or fear of rejection is one, but what if there other reasons? Like wanting to have a picture of their car, a sunset, or ...an animal for instance (ahem)... or maybe they haven't scanned in any pictures or don't know how or just don't have a scanner. Maybe they just use this forum at work and have no way or real desure to post a picture from there since this is just a fun thing to do to make the slow hours go by on a slow day at the office. Or Maybe whenever they try it, they always get an error message stating the server is down. I know that happens to me sometimes. Give people a break, its not always about looks or marital status. Some people just simply don't have a picture up yet and there's no real reason, they just...don't.

Have a great day and don't be so quick to ASS-U-ME things about total strangers.
 Tiffs_popular
Msg: 22
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:57:50 PM
I doubt someone would take down their pic, etc just because one person "found them out" or had suspicions. I mean, you can just block that person and no one is ever the wiser. I mean we're all strangers here for the most part, so who is the person going to tell?

Even if they are totally blackballed and everyone knows "who they are" or "what they are about" they can just create a new profile and start over again. Not like its real hard on this thing.

With plenty of ways to avoid problems, I doubt someone would just leave and never be seen again because someone got "on them".

Just my opinion
 txtobyfan
Msg: 23
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:25:55 PM
MArried men sometimes post a picture thats not even theirs, in other words, its someone elses picture!!
 jackyfrost01
Msg: 24
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/23/2005 3:11:34 AM
Thats kinda what I meant...

That way no ones on em about having a picture
That way no one can ID them in real life
That way they can just have a conversation without being judged by their appearance

Some are probly hoping for some safe online "action". Ya know. So when they turn off the computer, no one's ever the wiser. So yeah there are those unaaceptable, immoral people.

But I'm sure there's a minority of people (NOT JUST MEN) that have the fake pictures for those other reasons I named too. They just wanna chat, but they don't want to be be pre-judged or recognized. That's probly a small amount, but I don't like to just assume its always "this one reason" and that's all it could ever be. I like to be more open minded about stuff. Not everyone is evil and coniving. Some people are just paranoid, trying to get over that 1st impression hill, and covering their butts just to get a conversation. Who knows?

I mean I've known some middle aged, slightly overweight, married women who have posted pictures of toothpick 20 year old girls just so that guys will flirt with em to boost their self esteem. So its not just men, although I'm sure its most of em, don't just shoot the blame at the guys.
 uneekguy
Msg: 25
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/25/2005 10:44:00 AM
My God! That makes about as much sense as every guy only wants to have a one night stand....or....all women are golddiggers...etc...you get the point. To those women who feel that only married men don't post pics then I say...if you're that paranoid then you have the choice of not answering the ad or...even better....delete your profile and safely sit in front of your TV and watch reruns of Green Acres! GEEZ!...that crap really gets old!
 a_vamp
Msg: 26
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/25/2005 9:00:34 PM

No photo means married?

No, maybe he's just ugly. *dodging shoes flying my direction*
 jackyfrost01
Msg: 27
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/26/2005 3:50:05 AM
I never understood the credit card thing. Don't people have credit cards when they are single and just keep into the marriage without turning into a joint account?

I have a couple cards myself that have always been and still are only in my name. Doesn't anyone else have that? I always find it funny when people say married people won't use their credit cards for fear of their spouse finding out about some charge. And thats assuming your spouse looks at the statements or even knows about your card's existence.

My guy didn't know (or need to know) about the credit cards I was carrying into the marriage. Why should he? He probly had one himself. Its a matter of trust. Helps when you wanna keep Xmas and birthday presents a secret too if they don't know about your account or have a reason to check on it.

Hell if all else fails they could still use a joint credit card, just get a cash advance and pay that insane fee. lol

I still maintain that people without pics are not necessarily married. That's silly and baseless. Even if you are marriedyou can still have a pic of yourself on the profile and it doesn't "prove" your married or single: its just the person's mug shot.
 hftejada1972
Msg: 29
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/26/2005 3:13:14 PM
hey hey hey

Not really - I don't have a lot of experience on this online thing, and it took me a while to post a picture of myself, the worst part: I have none, no even one !!!!!

Sometimes give us the benefit of the doubt please !!!!
 sunshineface1
Msg: 30
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/26/2005 4:41:57 PM
Still don't see where "NO PHOTO = MARRIED"

Ok lets assume some guy is intending to cheat on his wife online. Why not just post a picture of himself wothout any hint that he's married OR post a pic of just any guy's pic he finds on some google search. Who's gonna know he's married just from a picture?

SO I really don't get it, ladies. I'm there with ya but I don't understand the whole logic of it all.

No picture just means "no picture". Yeah I guess it could mean he's hiding his identity....but, cmon couldn't he just post any ole pic of some random person and still hide his identity? If he's only on here for online fun and never intends to meet you, then why would he need a real photo, let alone hide his identity with no photo at all?

Not saying it doesn't happen. Some people just don't think that way "Oh I'll just post a pic of some male model", but I don't just assume no picture equates to a wedding ring or that the guy is automatically cheating online. Cmon.
 sunshineface2
Msg: 31
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/29/2005 1:39:48 PM
did this forum die? lol
 sunshineface2
Msg: 32
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/29/2005 2:11:53 PM
Why would they need a "CURRENT" one then? Why not just post an old one from a few years ago or one where they are not with anyone. Not sure why no photo automatically means they are up to something.
 Tiffs_popular
Msg: 33
No photo means married?
Posted: 12/29/2005 5:12:27 PM
Here. here, Cupid

That's probably what it really is. Its not that they are married. They either haven't gotten round to it OR they are shy of their looks for some reason.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >