Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What if the girl...wants to pay on the first date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RD7
Msg: 1
What if the girl...wants to pay on the first date?Page 4 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Looking for some feedback. On a first date, which goes reasonably well...(I wouldn't say great but definitely good)...my date paid for the bill before I even had a chance to offer. I offered to put in money, but she said its no big deal.

Now my question is...is this cause she's interested? Or some other reason?
 RD7
Msg: 2
What if the girl...wants to pay on the first date?
Posted: 8/28/2005 6:42:59 PM
Could be...? lol. But she is 25...so I guess she wanted to make a statement and she was the one who asked me out in the first place.
 mrphysique
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2005 7:15:15 PM
You should have paid there is no excuse, why even think about offering? Anyways to answer your question, you I would agree she was making a statement, what kind remains to be another question.. :)...
 Frrosty
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/28/2005 7:25:54 PM
I would go with the flow and enjoy it then.

Perhaps you get a chance to hit her back sometime. That's sweet!!

I usually like to pay..but..you have to know when to enjoy a good thing..no?

If she holds it over your head..get rid of her.
 Frrosty
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/28/2005 7:46:24 PM
ooooo; that was pretty goddarned low.

(and even "I" can get pretty mean when hurt sometimes!! So....)

BBdrgn
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/28/2005 7:54:09 PM
EXCELLENT !!!! Then at least you can put gas in that piece of sh-t car of yours......
 RD7
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/28/2005 8:02:05 PM
Well I was planning on paying for it...but she jumped on it so...if there is a "second" date then I'll cover it. I've never had an issue about who pays or out...I just thought it was a nice surprise it her paying it.

Maybe she doesnt want to see me again but thought it'd be better for guilts purposes...?
 airplane_geek
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/28/2005 8:23:33 PM
Don't think too much into it. These days, all bets are off. Some women want to be treated like Queens, while others are more independant and will do that sort of thing.

I had a date once where the woman wanted to pay for dinner. I wouldn't stand for it. (Mainly because I knew I made more money than she.) So, I said "Why don't you pay for the movie rental?" She agreed to that. Good compromise I thought. Except.... when we got to Blockbuster, she owed more than dinner in late fees on some previous rentals!!!
 Wylde
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/29/2005 11:52:13 AM
I'll pay for the second date...only cuz there rarely is ever a *second* date.....can you say...loser magnet? LOL
 browneyedstallion
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/15/2007 5:06:09 PM
Looking for some feedback. On a first date, which goes reasonably well...(I wouldn't say great but definitely good)...my date paid for the bill before I even had a chance to offer. I offered to put in money, but she said its no big deal.

Now my question is...is this cause she's interested? Or some other reason?

I've never heard of a woman offering to pay the bill on the first date. If she offered to pay her half, then that's a clear indication she's not interested and doesn't want you to expect anything. By her offering to pay the entire bill it could be that she's not interested, but doesn't want to give that impression. It could also be that she just wants to be friends and that's her way of conveying it. She may feel because she asked you out that she should be the one paying.
 AbstractAstra
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2007 6:22:11 PM
Well I've done this once before and there were two reasons:

1. I hate them to think I'm expecting them to pay, like I'm a gold digger or something.
2. He stood there totally useless and pretended he didn't see the waitress was ready for the money.

So I paid and then he was like "I wanted to pay". One point about what you said though - offering to give her money back after she's paid is not a good thing. Generally people would not take the money even if they were totally broke. You could buy her something instead, or make sure you pay next time.
 mzilla
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2007 4:54:53 PM
Who cares... Hallefreakinlujah a chick that wants to pay!
 {{mystique}}
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2007 4:28:01 AM
Maybe it was because she wanted to. I have paid on more than one occasion. No underlying reason for doing so, simply that it was something I wanted to do.

m.
 LondonerDan
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2007 8:43:21 AM
She paid the bill...what's the problem?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What if the girl...wants to pay on the first date?