Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 40 Something
Msg: 34
What's your favourite quote?Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
"Love does not care who you are, nor are you allowed to choose who you fall in love with."
 40 Something
Msg: 35
What's your favourite quote?
Posted: 9/3/2005 1:50:44 AM

"Hell hath no Fury as a Woman's Scorn," ............!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it: "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" ?
 kalyssaj
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/3/2005 3:17:20 AM
it takes a mother 15 years to turn her son into a man, it takes a woman 15 minutes to turn him into a fool!!!!
 40 Something
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/3/2005 1:10:19 PM
Curse you, Red Baron!

~~Snoopy~~
 mytho
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2005 11:55:39 PM
"Federico de la Fe said that it was never the cleanliness of women that we missed, but the signs of their fallibility and oversights in hygiene."

"No need to rise against the solar system when you have plenty of crops and a beautiful wife."
 freebot
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/12/2005 6:43:27 PM
"I'm not a robot like you. I don't like having disks crammed into me... unless they're Oreas, and, then only in the mouth." --Futurama

"I want to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only...I want to be that unnoticed...And that necessary." --Margaret Atwood

"I've done horrifying things with salad tongs. It's really eaten into my social life." --JtHM #6

"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly." And, "It is a fool's prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak." --Neil Gaiman

"'You see that one, that's that star right there. It's my point of reference, my guide, and it always becomes the center of my chart. I always name it Aeryn.' ... And, 'Damn it, Harvey. No smoking in my head.' ... Also, 'You're going to take my memories and I'm going to talk gibberish? Why don't you just take my mojo while you're at it?'" --FarScape

"It's hard to describe what it was about-- there was a lot of stuff about cat-shaving, which was very bizarre, but seemed quite funny at the time." --Douglas Adams
 saramaree
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/12/2005 8:57:01 PM
love is what you make of it
 Tx_Outlaw
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/16/2005 7:48:37 PM
Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. --Albert Einstein (03/14/1879-1955)
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/2/2005 10:42:03 AM
"Eatin greens is a special treat, it makes long ears and great big feet" Thumper Rabbit in the movie Bambi.

I can quote more lines from that movie then anything else, It's the only movie I ever paid to see twice in the same week.

"Come on out the water's stiff", "I'm Thumpin, that's why the call me Thumper", "kinda wobbly, idn't he?" "THUMPER, you knnow what your daddy says" "If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all"

We could all be a little better if we just paid a little more attention to this movie.
 scottsforests
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/2/2005 11:12:05 AM
No one may ever know me as a special - giving person

but they will say in 50 years from now

I am dam glad somebody cared.

Author - A environmental buddy of mine
 mx2947
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/23/2005 7:37:23 PM
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep

Maturity is knowing when and where to be immature

Love thy neighbor as yourself, but choose your neighborhood.

If you're feeling good, don't worry. You'll get over it.

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win

The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.

Self-approval is acquired mainly from the approval of other people. The result is Conformity - Mark Twain.

To know a person's religion we need not listen to his profession of faith but must find his brand of intolerance. --Eric Hoffer

It must be admitted that there are some parts of the soul which we must entirely paralyse before we can live happily in this world. --Sébastien-Roch Nicolas de Chamfort

Death is a continuation of my life without me.. – Sartre
 mx2947
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/23/2005 7:38:42 PM
When you’re alone, you can make any choice you want. When someone loves you, you give away that right. – Alice Paul, suffragist
 KittyBratt
Msg: 145
Posted: 11/14/2005 2:40:48 PM
1. Believe nothing of what u hear, and only half of what u see.

2. **** me if im wrong, but u wanna eat me.

3.How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong because someday you will have been all (george washington)

4.J's a sweetheart :)
5. J's an ***hole :/
 JoinMe
Msg: 147
Posted: 11/15/2005 7:33:22 PM
a quote we should all know and live by.
"IM ME,ONLY ME,NO ONE IS LIKE ME,IM DAMN GOOD AT BEING ME,SO ILL BE ME"
 KittyBratt
Msg: 150
Posted: 11/18/2005 4:58:54 PM
to babsee:

i believe u have helped me find a new favorite quote!! thanks so much!!

"the world id full of paper.. write to me." I LOVE IT!
 mrkwyd1
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2006 2:10:11 PM
Some of my favorites....

1) "They say money can't buy happiness, I say give me 50 bucks, and watch me smile"

2) "If you wish to impress someone with your intelligence, without actually having intelligence, then I recommend buying a book of quotations. Winston Churchill (I found this in a Book of Quotations I bought)

3) "Just because your opinion is different than mine doesn't make you less correct, only less interesting" - Dogbert
Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  >